[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some well hidden secrets or other things that took you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Webwood.jpg (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Webwood.jpg
59 KB, 320x240
What are some well hidden secrets or other things that took you a very long time to figure out could be recent or from you childhood. Both of these are from my childhood on SNES.

>DKC2
>Had every bonus level in the game except web woods
>Played through the level more times that I can count
>Played through the game many times but never found them always missing these two secrets.
>Finally figured out the two big banana arrows meant you had to lead a cannon ball a long way across the map to blow open a wall
>Finally get the good ending after second fight with K. Rool
That level was absolute cancer.

Also got stuck for quite awhile on super metroid trying to figure out how to get through Maridia to Draygon spent so many hours to wandering around the game trying to figure out how the fuck to progress.
>>
File: CarnivalNightZone.jpg (31 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
CarnivalNightZone.jpg
31 KB, 500x531
>other things that took you a very long time to figure out

I was a dumb shota
>>
>>344027803
>The days before gamefaqs or having easy internet access
I still try to avoid using guides to this day its so much more satisfying when you finally figure something out yourself.
>>
File: kirby ship.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kirby ship.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
The secret switch on this level. It has multiple parts, and is quite difficult to solve
>>
>inb4 that flashback from Assasin's Creed 2
>>
It took me a year to find the Temple of the Ancients keystone in FFVII.
I was 9 but I don't remember there being any real hint to finding the keystone in a random sideroom at The Gold Saucer.
>>
>Bomberman Hero
>every level ranks you based on your score
>kind of a pain in the ass, so I only do a little bit now and then
>eventually beat them all
>cutscene begins, new world gets unlocked
It's only 2 levels and a boss but it was exciting finding new content after owning the game for so long.
>>
>>344028348
Yeaaah I remember that. You need to use the laser at the right time I think?
>>
>>344029101
I could make an entire list with just JRPGs.

>Some of the L4 limit breaks (especially Great Gospel)
>Key to midgar from the digging mini game
>Entire chocobo side quest for KotR, Mime materia
>Doomtrain in FF8
>Getting the slayer robe in Xenogears

>>344029518
Getting all the gold cards in Bomberman 64 for the secret world and the good ending was also pretty fucking difficult.
>>
>>344027364
DKC2 is my favorite video game ever and I fucking HATE Web Woods.
>>
>>344030394
At least the music was GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5o_XqDmS1c
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.