[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just played through Shadow Warrior (2013) What do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shadow_warrior.jpg (168 KB, 1280x661) Image search: [Google]
shadow_warrior.jpg
168 KB, 1280x661
>just played through Shadow Warrior (2013)

What do you guys think of this game ? I thought it was fun and the story was actually decent but after a certain point it has the problem that every oldschool shooter seems to have - they just throw way too many enemies at you all the time. I mean I'm fine if some bulletsponge minibosses appear from time to time but basically having the same 4-5 minibosses in almost every single engagement is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>344022218
The sword was too good, the enemies were retarded bullet sponges that didn't react to being shot which pissed me off. The story was good, the game was fairly pretty with lots of neat secrets.

All aroung 7/10 I'd say for the entertainment value, even if the mechanics and upgrade systems were pretty awful

RIP Hoji, I miss you ;____;
>>
>>344022372
Hoji was absolute top-tier and I did not expect his death to make me as sad as it did.

It's a fun game. Not perfect, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. The number of enemies on-screen at once didn't bother me though, in fact that's one of the things I liked most about it. There aren't enough games out there that aren't afraid to just throw masses of enemies at you at once.

The summoners were way too bulletspongy though. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>344022715
>those dual wielding banshee whores
I'd rather deal with anything else in the game holy shit they deal so much damage. In the end I just gave up on weapons except uzis and the crossbow and sliced my way through the entire game, it was great fun but what really gripped me was the story and shitty puns.
>>
>>344022218
Tedious. And the story & characters were cringeworthy.
>>
Confusing level design and the game is less memorable than DN3D and Blood.
>>
Original Shadow Warrior was better:
-The level design wasn't Painkiller's connected arenas that lock you out until you kill everything.
-No bullshit RPG upgrade trees, it's just you, your guns and your skill
-The guns didn't suck ass
-Old Lo Wang had more charm to him
>>
>>344022218
pretty good kinda like a small scale serious sam
felt like a bit of a slog through the middle
bosses weren't very interesting
story and supporting characters feel like they came from a different game entirely not that it really matters
it still looks great and runs like butter compared to most other games
i'm keen for SW2
>>
Lo Wang is kind of annoying.

Guns are unsatisfying to use.

Took away OP sword from you after the game ended.

Other than that it's ok, 7.5/10 for me.
>>
>>344022218
>old school shooter
>removes everything that makes it an old school shooter

Shit game. Just another generic shit shooter
>>
>>344023121
>Confusing level design
spot the retard
>>
it's fun, I gave up doing the second playthrough to unlock everything and find all the secrets but overall it was fine to play and the sword mechanics were intuitive

Hoji is pretty based too
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.