[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't /v/ recognize that Awakening has better gamefeel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png (287 KB, 456x409) Image search: [Google]
PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png
287 KB, 456x409
why doesn't /v/ recognize that Awakening has better gamefeel and aesthetics than the rest of the FE series?
>>
aesthetics? maybe the portraits and sprites but the character models and battlefields look pretty horrendous senpai
>>
Awakening Micaiah > Tellius Micaiah
>>
>>344018221
it's better than Fates at least.
But literally everything is better than Fates
>>
>>344018221
Because even /v/ is not that contrarian.
>>
>gamefeel

(you)

That's what you wanted, right? Now go away.
>>
because it isn't true
>>
File: 0093235.png (42 KB, 440x290) Image search: [Google]
0093235.png
42 KB, 440x290
>>344018221
>gamefeel
is this beginning of a new meme?
>>
>>344018415
I have no idea why people insist on using 3D models over sprites for games on the portable console
the system is not as strong as the home console. so the graphics will look ugly... some people need a lesson in aesthetic
>>
>>344018586
No, reddit, it's not a new meme.
>>
>>344018573
>he doesnt appreciate how clicky and tactile the menus feel

you may have autism buddy
>>
>>344018591
This.
Landing a critical with sprite animations was much more satisfying
>>
>>344018221
I loved it, and I starter in the gba era
>>
>>344018843
Yeah it has great haptics.
>>
>>344018529
le FE cycle
Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>344018415
>portraits
Fuck that shit, I hate Kozaki's style so much. Doesn't help that the armor/costumes are garbage too (even if he didn't actually make those).
>>
>>344018221
By gamefeel you mean the interface?
If so of course is better.
>>
I'm currently at Conquest's Chapter 10. You guys weren't kidding, this shit is kicking my ass. Manged to last until the very last turn but Oboro killed lolimage and some club faggot pelted Elise because I didn't realize he had ranged weapons.

Any tips? Still having a hard time even though I played the free Awakening DLC and gave the Villager girl the Great Lord class. Is it better to stick with the central balista or go to the right side one? I'm still not sure.
>>
>>344019030
>make a good armor
>add a buttwindow
why even
>>
>>344019191
Use every balista and the magic gun.
Put Effie to cover the right side of the wall.
Send Camilla and Beruka to intercept the peg knights before they get too close.
>>
>>344019191
git gud
>>
File: 1460856591259.jpg (614 KB, 1014x1419) Image search: [Google]
1460856591259.jpg
614 KB, 1014x1419
>>344018221
>better aesthetics than the rest of the series
Allow me to prove you wrong right here.
>>
>>344019439

I only have one archer to man the balista though. The right side isn't an issue since Effie + Arthur combo can handle every single archer that comes, it's the aggressive Pegasus rush coupled with the reinforcements from the left that fucks me up.
>>
File: latest-2.png (669 KB, 950x866) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
669 KB, 950x866
Kozaki's art is godly compared to how generic most of the old games looked.
You can see how the ones that call it have no clue of what they're talking about when they call it "anime artstyle", like the old ones weren't exactly that.
>>
>>344018221
But I DO believe Awakening is the most buzzwords of the whole series

And fuck Fates too, the new gameplay mechanics have no place in a FE
>>
>>344019630
That's why you need every balista. One hit drains the life of the peg knights and then even Beruka can oneshot them.
Should've made Mozu an archer.
>>
>>344019829

Fuck. Is there any other character than can become an archer through the weird new Seals? I still have no idea how that works.
>>
>>344019030
>>344019370
Knights, generals, dark knights, toilet bowl cavaliers, and heroes were all terrible.

>>344019191
You want to stay defensive, and if possible don't start shit with Hinata or Oboro. Also the decent use of Beruka, Camilla, and Selena for this chapter at least.
>>
>>344020019

You mean I can make Oboro and that fuccboi not aggro at all? Oh my fuck.
>>
File: Kiria_Kurono.png (1 MB, 871x956) Image search: [Google]
Kiria_Kurono.png
1 MB, 871x956
Whoever did the character art for TMS should make the artwork for future Fire Emblem games.
The artstyle would fit perfectly with a more serious Fire Emblem game.
>>
>>344019191
Stop trying to exp your weak units and get Camilla's tits in there. Your goal should be to eliminate as many people as possible no matter what. Don't care about exp.
>>
>>344020171
For me they aggro'd but they didn't have time to get to the defend point. Also if you've been using Effie then her defence is really useful for this level, and quite a few other ones in the future
>>
>>344018221
if awakening had the gameplay improvements of FE:fates I'd rather replay that then finish fates. I fucking hate the story and characters in fates and it actively works to make me not like the game
>>
>>344020805
pretty much this
>>
>>344020805
I hate Fates' gameplay. Instead of getting rid of what went wrong with Awakening, it tried to shoehorn more stuff in and guess what was the result.
>>
I know the west doesn't like FE Fates, but what about Japan. What do they think of Fates?
>>
>>344020296
That'd be toi8. Love that rough drawing artstyle.
>>
>>344020991
Didn't fates sell better in the West than Japan though? I think it did.
>>
>>344021104
everything sells better here than in West than in Japan, unless the game is yokai watch or final fantasy. More consumers, bigger audience
>>
>>344020938
A better balanced game with consistent mechanics and good map design?
>>
>>344021525
That's a really roundabout way to say shit. Are you Japanese by any chance?
>>
I like Fates and my favorite path is actually Birthright. Conquest's got more husbandos than waifus but it's savage fun tho. Revelation was mostly a pain in the ass. Those fucking maps were too annoying.

What I really do hate about Fates is the whole children thing. It makes no sense.
>>
>>344021525
Not sure about balanced since there are some characters like Benny who have very little to offer because a unit of their class and type already exists, true for nearly all FEs.

>>344021591
Conquest maps were far better than Awakening maps as they required a lot more thinking
>>
For the next FE I'd like them to have a simple 2 part story that's about ending a war but then, 20 years later war unleashes again and you can actually use the children and older versions of the first part of the campaign.
>>
>>344021970
For the next FE I'd like them not to sell each part as separate games.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.