[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too many RPG games suck our cock with this ''chosen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: militia.jpg (96 KB, 448x305) Image search: [Google]
militia.jpg
96 KB, 448x305
Too many RPG games suck our cock with this ''chosen one'' bullshit it's not uplifting it's just creepy it makes NPCs look like they are yandare is there any RPG where we are just a guy who got himself into some deep shit and wants to come back to normal life as soon as possible?
>>
>>344012654
FFT, kinda. Probably some other games as well, can't get anything else off the top of my head right now.
>>
>>344012654
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines
>>
>>344013249
Just remembered another as I pressed "Submit" - Gothic.
>>
>>344012654
Atelier Rorona
>>
Mount and Blade: Warband
>>
>>344012654
Gothic
you get thrown down a cliff into a prison colony where the first people you meet punch you in the face and the second person you meet who doesn't do that just tells you that your name is not important.
Get to the old camp and people you have no hope of winning against at that level will ask for protection money, refuse (or have too little) and they beat you up and take what you do have.
>>
>>344012654
I love it when MMORPG's do this.

>u the coosun one
>here, this weapon should fit the choosun one only
>this epic ability is something only the choosun one can master
>only the choosun one can complete this quest
>every other player has the same weapon as you
>the same abilities
>doing the same quests

Fuck I just wanted to be a Republic trooper/orc warrior fighting for freedums, not the messiah.
>>
>>344012654
arguably the witcher 3- Geralt really doesn't want to be involved in any of the shit he gets into, he just wants to find ciri and get back to doing his job
>>
>>344013636
that's harsh mate

imma play dat
>>
>>344013320
>VTMB
>wanting to come back to normal life

did you even play the game?
>>
>>344013513
You're retarded.
>>
CoD has the same problem
CoD stopped being good the moment you stopped being a generic soldier and became the most important man in the most important special-squad of the world
>>
File: gyymhRiha7M.jpg (24 KB, 504x390) Image search: [Google]
gyymhRiha7M.jpg
24 KB, 504x390
>>344013636
>>
>>344012654
Because you prefer it when every female characters fall in love with you or when the story is about waifu/weeb bullshit right ?
>>
>>344012654
SE made that one rpg where you were just a guy goof around hero adjacent. Bestiality you had to do shit so he could go in and fuck shit up.

Don't remember the name for sure. Chains of fate or something maybe? Last gen if that helps.

It sucked
>>
>>344014802
Fuck. Sorry. Way past my bed time. Goof=going bestiality=basically
>>
>>344014398
>I'm retarded please kill me

the post
>>
>>344015203
>i masturbate to anime
>>
>>344014398
Japanese games are objectively superior to western garbage.
>>
>>344015827
>objectively
but thats wrong
aside from Nintendo, no japanese company produces games with actual good gameplay
>>
>>344013636
but you are literally the chosen of innos.
>>
>>344012654
Tales of the Abyss
>>
>>344015827

lol
>>
>>344014398
That type of shit is the opposite of what OP is asking for, you gurgling retard.
>>
>>344012654
That complain is bullshit since their are shitton of those.

Also the games where MC want to "get back to their normal life" are still, more often than not, featuring The Chosen One as mc. They're just chosen against their will.
>>
>>344017206
Nothing in the gameplay reflects that. You as a player work hard to get your character from literal peasant powerlevel to what he is at the end.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.