[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Overwatch should have been f2p? It'll never come close to being a real competitor to league and CS:GO. That's a fact.
>>
>>344012270
If Overwatch wouldn't have the Blizzard brand on its cover, it would not even good as F2P
>>
It was worth 40$.

F2P is cancer and only a fool would lust for it.
>>
File: 1460940364065.jpg (29 KB, 400x558) Image search: [Google]
1460940364065.jpg
29 KB, 400x558
>160~ hours
>No Huehues
>No Squeakers

lolyeanah

$40 was that sweet spot for keeping out the undesirables without being overpriced.
>>
>>344012270
Play shitty game get shitty results
>>
>>344012270
It'll go F2P eventually
>>
>>344014110
MODS
>>
>>344014110
MOAR PLZ
>>
>>344012270
> no 3rd world, underages or neets
I'll gladly pay $40 for that.
>>
>>344012270
Yes or the very least, reduce the price.

The price of the game doesn't justify the contents it has. I don't know about you but the game feels average at best, ranging from gameplay to map designs. The gameplay for me doesn't feel too good, like Quake, TF2, HL1 multiplayer, etc. kind of good. The causes that I remember as of now that makes the game feel average to me is because the following:
-The game doesn't quite punishes you. It feels a bit too friendly with all the ULT and the lack of limited ammo. The ULT business doesn't feel too well for me since those kind of things are best reserved on ASSFAGGOTS.
-The map design is bad. The map feels too small and tight and maps with one exit in the base is terrible. That shit is very vulnerable to spawncamping.
-With all the different type of characters, it's kinda hard to make new gamemodes because you have to keep in mind the different type of abilities each character has. With that in mind, stuff like CTF is gonna be filled with Tracers everywhere so you know gamemodes like that ain't gonna see the light.
-The 6vs6 format is not a good thing for me. As far as I'm concerned, there's no option to increase the capacity.
-The game isn't friendly to people who wants to make their own thing, mainly because we don't have the ability to make our own maps and our own servers( to be exact, a type of server in which you have full control like you can add some mods and shit)

In a way, the game reminds of Evolve. Hyped as fuck during its release but starts to crumble later on because the game went stale quickly. The only reason why the game manages to stay afloat is because of the waifus and the husbandos. Without them, the game would go directly to the thrash (like fucking seriously, there are a shitton of threads just talking about the waifus and the husbandos since Day 1. Reminds me of the time Undertale was released)

Thank God I played the open beta. If I haven't, I would have though that I'm being ripped off.
>>
>>344012270
>over 7 million units sold
>i-it should have been free!

kek
>>
Depends on how much content they put out
Right now it's borderline too little, mostly due top the lack of maps and server browser
>>
Are people really this poor ?
I mean I'm amazed that you have to pay this much to play videogames with short solo campaigns and multiplayer modes acting as gadgets but if you're to play several hundred hours on a game, paying 40 bucks in the first place is nothing.
>>
>>344014503
more like 10 mil
>>
>>344014194
Do you really belive that? Are you that delusional?
>>
>>344012859
This, I don't know where some of you guys live who complain about it but here in UK the community is pretty cool.

I enjoy having little conversations just using the emotes, the people with mics are cool and have useful shit to say. End of the match everyone's doing the standard "GG" "WP" stuff and no one is really salty.

Here in the UK it's £30, I've put more time into it than most current releases at £50/60 and it's not CSGO cheap or f2p so no toxic Russians or kids.
>>
>>344014393
completely agree
if something as mind blowing as quake got released with the same movement mechanics and "ults" as OW i doubt anyone would ever consider competition for it
>>
File: 1456980512016.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1456980512016.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>no squeaker kids
>Blizzard actually punishes hackers
>Better community
>Better competitive system
>No hackers
>Better team mates. Faggots aren't always going on about some new meta they saw on YouTube
>No hackers
when I played CSGO 1/3 of my games contained blatant hackers. Like full on spin botters. It's fucking stupid and that kind of shit is what you get with f2p or a 15$ game. The 40$ price tag keeps out the rif raf. But if the price tag is your main concern you're poor or underage because 40$ isn't much.
>>
>itt salty consoletards that paid 70 bucks for Overwatch and try to persuade PC gamers that 40 is too much
>>
Every post on /v/ boils down to the following: If it costs money, they're opposed to it. If it's free, they support it. Therefore, Overwatch costing money is bad, because it costs money.

It's almost like that "you have to be 18 to post" thing has a hole in it.
>>
No, there's an oversaturation of F2P grind for characters garbage.
>>
File: FraDeWJ.jpg (131 KB, 937x1046) Image search: [Google]
FraDeWJ.jpg
131 KB, 937x1046
>>344012270
>It'll never come close to being a real competitor to league and CS:GO. That's a fact.
You think so, huh?
Pic related is an old image. OW actually overtook League in Korea.
>>
>>344012270
Look at HotS, F2P was a huge mistake for Actiblizz.

Now look at D3, a game fueled by buyer's remorse.

That's why OW isn't F2P.
>>
I'd gladly buy it for 80€, I'm glad I don't have to play with the audience of F2P games.

QQ more poorfag, I'm glad I won't be seeing you any time soon in my games.
>>
>>344017814
Kind of wrong. Aim bots have started appearing in overwatch.
>>
>>344021353
Blizzard recently filed a lawsuit against the German company that sells them.
>>
>>344014653
>poor
>buying every single video game
People make choices you retard, it's not about being poor. Everyone played the beta, 2 fucking modes, I played 7 hours and was done, I was overhyped. I'll play it in a year when there is more content, but for now this shit is just like Street fighter, no content
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.