[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anon's view on Graphics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
What's V's general opinion of Graphics? DESU senpai, I actually thought PS3/360 were pretty good and I was basically happy with them. I didn't think they needed to be better. Same with XOne and PS4. Why can't Microsoft and Sony focus on better CPU hardware? It would save on the cost of producing console. i want better AI, mechanics, and immersive worlds (they don't have to look super).
>>
You are mentally retarded.
>>
>>344011668
you're a hindu
>>
>>344011728
You're mum m8
>>
let's get back to real discussion
>>
>>344011595
I sort of agree, I'd be happy to see a focus on frame rate and animations now
>>
>>344011595
>Why can't Microsoft and Sony focus on better CPU hardware? It would save on the cost of producing console. i want better AI, mechanics, and immersive worlds
>posts Bethesda's Fallouts
Nigger, it's not Microsoft and Sony's fault. There's more than enough resources to make shit like that. Devs are just lazy. They don't need to make a game with a shitton of mechanics and great AI. Bethesda games are a living proof of it. They look like shit, play like shit, casual as hell and borderline broken sometimes, but they sell. Retards support laziness.
>>
>>344011595
>Why can't Microsoft and Sony focus on better CPU hardware?
Because bigger and better graphics is immediately noticeable and more easily marketed.

It's been that way ever since the jump from 8- to 16-bit.

I would love for graphics to stagnate and the industry put a collective focus on mechanical innovation and improvements in technology (memory optimization, rendering, AI, etc.)

But gaming is a much bigger beast these days and the majority of the market simply doesn't care.
>>
>>344011595
>What's V's general opinion of Graphics?
Ultimately secondary to the art, direction, and style.

The art, the direction, and the style is ultimately what makes something look good or bad. The graphics themselves just adjusts the above to an extent.

Something can be fully photo realistic with depth and everything, but it can still look like ass. Just look at the real world. The real world is pretty damn realistic, but it's full of unsightly shit.
>>
I think pic related is an example of worse graphics for better technology.
The graphics arent as incredible as some other games but they're good enough while having a realistic world surrounding them.
>>
>>344014381
I hope you're not OP.
>>
File: mood1_1[1].jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mood1_1[1].jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
Devs need to focus more on art styles, and environments that are more pleasing on the eye than simply trying to fill in space with as many shiny objects as possible. I cant stand a lot of modern games because they end up looking cluttered and too busy.

>>344014495
I am not, why
>>
What the fuck is V?
>>
>>344014609
I couldn't take OP seriously if he was content with Fallout 3's graphics while using The Witcher as an example of "worse graphics for better technology"
>>
>>344014736
Oh christ no I hate fallouts graphics. I get having slightly simpler graphics but the complete lack of decent animations and disgustingly lazy textures doesnt add to anything. Bethesda have a serious problem with the quality of their games and I am baffled how they are praised as much as they are.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.