[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started playing this game last night, because I heard from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: KOTOR_II.jpg (66 KB, 260x343) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR_II.jpg
66 KB, 260x343
I started playing this game last night, because I heard from /v/ that it's a good rpg, but was disappointed so far
All choices are literally black and white with some old hag bitching no matter what you pick. You can't even compare it to the something like witcher with actual grey choices
Combat is boring and feels wrong
First 3 zones were unbearable garbage design wise
When does this becomes good?
>>
>>344006221
Kreia has a reason for criticizing everything you do
>>
I played this game as a kid, that's why I thought it was awesome, being an adult and playing games is never going to produce the same good feelings.

What games to /v/ actually like anymore, when you grow up you grow out of gaming.
>>
>>344006271
I don't care, it's stupid as fuck
Some faggots attacked me and I brutally killed them. She started bitching that bully's victim will never grow strong now. But I fucking didn't pick to save him, they attacked me and I killed them only because of that.
>>
>>344006221
if by zone 4 you mean the academy, the game hasn't even begun nigga
>>
I hope you've got the restoration mod

the game picks up when you finally get out of telos. that said the first chapters are necessary to set the tone

it's one of the best RPGs released this millennium, give it time
>>
>>344006221
What a surprise considering it's a rushed game. The first is better.

It doesn't really become good. I honestly forget why you go to each planet. There's no star maps so? The build your lightsaber concept is stupid and RNG. If you don't surrender your weapons on Telos to the Handmaidens it breaks the game. Canonically the Exile is female.

Once you get to Atris more grey options will arise. The grey jedi were both light and dark like Revan so if you think your definition of grey is correct fuck off.
>>
>>344006521
this post is shit taste from first sentence to last
>>
>>344006785
>Scion is unkillable
Whoa what's fighting him going to be like?
>kill Scion three times and he dies
nice
>>
>>344006346
>when you grow up you grow out of gaming.
It amazes me how grown ass people still "game". I used to play a lot when I was a kid. Even "competed" on a few international teams, and won some competitions.
But due to serving in the army, and being a poorfag student, I haven't played anything for 3-4 years. Tried getting into it again over these few months, but I just can't. rpgs just don't hook me anymore, fps' are too fast and time-requiring. The only game I've enjoyed recently is coh, but no one plays that anymore
>>
>>344006445
>it's one of the best RPGs released this millennium, give it time
No, fuck this shit
RPG isn't the genre where game can suddenly become good roleplay wise after few terrible hours
If developers were too lazy to make interesting story or proper choices during first few hours of the game, I doubt that they will make final suddenly good
Games should attract and kept people interested from the start
>>
>>344006415
You should she gives you the most of shit when it comes to companions.
>Free XP
>Prestige class
>Force points
>Side points
>New force powers
>New saber forms
>>
>>344006221
>tfw everyone at SGDQ twitch chat and threads shitting all over the first game saying how boring it was

Felt bad man. I enjoyed the nostalgia trip and I think the game looked even better then I remembered it. There will never be games like these two ever again. I hate this.
>>
You really do need the restoration mod, it massively improves a game with LOADS of cut/unfinished content

The game is kind of a deconstruction of star wars in general and how silly the light side/dark side stuff is, so it does get better in that regard, but if you don't enjoy it then you probably won't enjoy it later
>>
OP you sound like you're 15 years old no joke
>>
File: 1467714226387.jpg (4 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1467714226387.jpg
4 KB, 150x150
>>344008558
Mfw i was 9 yeard old when this came in 2002 and played like 1000h of it. No wonder theres no more good games.
>>
>>344008691
KotOR2 came out in 2004 as I recall.
>>
>>344008558
How so?
Because I expected good rpg, but got garbage?
>>
>>344007283
>I haven't played anything for 3-4 years.

Just pointing this out to anyone who thought it was a meme.

This is the reality of /v/.
>>
>>344006221
It is shit, little kids are praising it here only just to complete the "hurr durr it is much better because it is not from bioware" meme
>>
>>344006221

Go play the Witcher, then

gray choice-ass motherfucker
>>
>>344010045
First, It's a god tier game, you just too young to understand this
Second, Bioware never made a good game
>>
File: (you).png (42 KB, 921x163) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
42 KB, 921x163
>>344006346
>>344007283
I am over 30yo with full time job and family. While for me games are secondary to manga, I do enjoy good games no matter what genre, year or platform
Maybe it's just you who are not living your life correctly?
>>
>>344010160
>Bioware never made a good game

This is where your post fails.
>>
>>344007216
Except you don't kill him, you defeat him by talking him down and convincing him how pointless his existence is.
>>
>>344010160
>First, It's a god tier game
It's an okay game.
>Second, Bioware never made a good game
Saying this surely you must understand how using a shitty Bioware engine cripples Kotor 2, preventing it from reaching actual greatness.
>>
Thinly veiled Bioware vs Obsidian thread.
>>
File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
>>344010713
>muh bioware meddling
>muh bethesda meddling
>muh sega meddling
Explain this
>>
Without any bias or any tortanic memeing.

How does the MMO stack up to it's predecessors? We hear all the time about 1 vs 2 but never them vs the MMO.
>>
I liked the first one a lot, but I've not been able to get caught in this one.
>>
>>344010809
B-But they didn't have enough money this time! Kickstarter bucks were not e-enough anon...
>>
>>344010874
Pretty interesting game with many good choices in the story mode(better than PoE because you actually can see consequences of some of your actions)
>>
Give it time it will be a good game.

Ned to rebuy. I accidentally edited the swkotor.exe file instead of the swkotor.ini file years ago to enable cheats and now my disc doesnt work anymore :(
>>
>>344011262
>Give it time it will be a good game.
You can say it for the games like dragon's dogma
But rpg don't work like that
>>
>>344010874
Pretty shithouse RPG, shitty F2P model and basically a dressup sim due to balance changes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.