[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. When was the last time you played a video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: 1453605557731.png (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453605557731.png
192 KB, 400x400
Be honest. When was the last time you played a video game?
>>
playing one right now
>>
About an hour ago.
>>
I just put one down about 30 seconds ago.
>>
Last week, bought overwatch and put 112 hours in it. You're right i shitpost on the net more than i play games.
>>
Currently.

Faggot OP.
>>
File: KentuckyRouteZero.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KentuckyRouteZero.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>344002394
The day before yesterday, I played the first act of Kentucky Route Zero, which I bought during the steam sale.
Before that, I played a bit of Subnautica about a month and a half ago.
I play very little these days, as my PC is 300 km away and my notebook isn't very well suited for gaming.
>>
playing right now.

thank you borderless windows
>>
2001 Goldeneye on the N64.
>>
I played a quick battle in TW Attila a few minutes ago, though right now I'm mostly downloading (probably too many) games to play during summer.

>>344002585
>Kentucky Route Zero
I've read a bout it a bit ann\d it seemed interesting, but from what I know, new episodes still have indefinite releases. Is it worth trying as is or should I wait until it's complete?
>>
File: 1461575481734.jpg (61 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1461575481734.jpg
61 KB, 1200x675
>got hundreds of games
>don't want to/feel like playing anything
>>
Played some SFV last night after a 2 month break, it's still shit.

Plan on playing some overwatch today, looking for something new to sink my teeth into though.
>>
>>344002817
Wait until it's complete. The price point is a bit steep for just 3 acts. It's supposed to have five and we've all been waiting for act 4 well over a year now.

I love the game to death but this is just irksome.
>>
Playing Rocket League at the moment.
I know /v/ tells me it's a shit game, but I don't care.
>>
I play the simpsons tap out every 4 hours, even waking up in the middle of the night.

that's a game right?
>>
File: 1450672406366.gif (429 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1450672406366.gif
429 KB, 480x270
>>344002394
This afternoon, started Paper mario TTYD for the first time in about 5 years.

The only thing i regret is that i started Dragons dogma, RE4, NepNep 1 and of course TTYD at the same time.
>>
>>344002817
>>344002817
>Is it worth trying as is or should I wait until it's complete?
I've only played the Act one. On one hand, it's undeniably GORGEOUS visually and I'm a massive sucker for magical realism, so I enjoyed the hell out of them. On the other hand, it's not really an adventure game as I hoped, at least in the first act there is barely any puzzle solving to be had, and the act one was absolutely shockingly short, even with some annoying padding with the underground tram.
I still think I'm going to enjoy it for the atmosphere and genre alone, not to mention the phenomenal visuals, but I'm not sure how much can I recommend to anyone who isn't such a huge magical-realism freak as I am.
As for the release date on the remaining two acts, yeah, that pisses me off too. I actually did not know two acts were still unfinished, and it's even more frustrating when they apparently take somewhere between two and three years releasing them.
I hope the first act wasn't entirely illustrative of the later acts length and complexity, too.
>>
>>344002394
I never played a video game, I just come here to make /pol/ threads
>>
>>344002394

Played pic related last week. Still fun. But fuck the grind.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (30 KB, 852x296) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
30 KB, 852x296
>>344002394
actually im playing some really bad animu dating sim right now and would´ve started csgo sec ago but latest patch broke the game 4me

i like how in beta-made cuck dating sims they think you gotta first get friendzoned in order to start dating
>>
>>344003047 here...

Gotta add to >>344003412
and say his suggestion that you really have to love the genre to get the most out of it is quite true. It draws on a decent size list of influences, like literature and painting, and you'll enjoy it WAY more if you recognize these influences and can appreciate them. The game will probably feel somewhat sterile and overly obtuse otherwise.
>>
File: 2016-06-30-031058.jpg (171 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-30-031058.jpg
171 KB, 960x544
Playing one at this very moment
Underrated game tbph
>>
Like five hours ago.
>>
>>344002585
>I play very little these days, as my PC is 300 km away and my notebook isn't very well suited for gaming.
I know that feel bro. Was in your shoes a month ago. It's actually a blessing in disguise if you have a bloated backlog as it forces you to finish some of the non-graphically intensive indies you have.

I was following KRZ when it was first announced but stopped after all the delays. Its premise surprisingly close to those ideas for truck simulator horror games you see pop up from time to time, where you're a truck driver, driving at night, stopping at dive bars and such. Has potential to be comfy as hell, but I'll reserve judgment for when its out for good.

I got Oxenfree in the steam sale which has a similar cross-section side-scrolling type design. Gonna play it soon.
>>
>>344002827
pick either a short one or one of the more interesting ones that you have on hold and just boot it up, if after playing a while you still feel the same you probably should take a break from games
>>
>>344002394
I'm trying to play Witcher 3 since I've heard how good it is and all that, I've been 3 days since I left the first zone, did the dialogues in the castle with that emperor etc., but I can't find the motivation to keep playing it. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but so far it's a bit boring.
>>
>>344002394
Like 20 minutes ago. Played Overwatch with a bunch of friends. Watching Agents of Shield now. Pretty good way to end the day.
>>
yesterday
>>
>>344003857
I have to say, as much as I like open referentiality in fiction, naming one of the two main characters "Marquez" is a little bit too much on the nose.

>>344004038
>. It's actually a blessing in disguise
In a way it's pretty damn obvious blessing, because it's not like I don't have more important things to do than play games. I actually left my PC behind intentionally, and I did not bother buying a mouse for the same reason: I want to be tempted by video games as little as possible. There is fuckton of work, writing, reading and studying I need to be doing instead.
Shame I have not found a way to kick my 4chan habit though. I still spend needlessly much time here too.
>>
>>344002394
Literally just beat Alien: Isolation, watching the end credits as we speak
>>
>>344002394
Just started a new game in Vice City last night. Fuck that helicopter mission forever.
>>
I am playing Jagged Alliance 2 right now with the 1.13 mod on Expert.

Fuck it's a nightmare. It's starting to get fun, now that I'm getting better gear and learning the controls. You just cant make mistakes. Your characters need to always be behind cover, preferably prone if possible, and you need to plan a shit ton of your approach, methodically using your snipers and scouts to prepare an assault.

It is the kind of game they no longer make. Super complex, indepth, tons of details , and unforgiving.
>>
>>344005181
Well it sounds like you have your priorities straight regardless. Best of luck to you.
>>
5 minutes ago, just gave a break on Dragon Quest 2 after finding the gold key and exploring, this crest hunting is bullshit though.
>>
>>344002394
about a two days ago i got bored with assassin's creed brotherhood
>>
>>344002827
every pc gamer ever
>>
I just beat parasite eve 2 twice a week ago. Second run took me a liitle over 2 hours with good ending. Now Im on bounty mode.
>>
Yesterday i started playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, torrented Morrowind, tried playing Arx Fatalis and finished Dead State
>>
About 7 hours ago. Played Paragon
>>
File: treelocke.jpg (35 KB, 388x369) Image search: [Google]
treelocke.jpg
35 KB, 388x369
I re-installed Web of Shadows but already collected 2k+ spiders last week, haven't played real vidya since.

Nowadays I can only muster the strength to play shitty mobile games that require me to just log in and press a few buttons to see RNG roll and numbers increase.
>>
Playing one right now.
>>
like 5-10 mins ago
>>
I played air combat yesterday.
>>
>>344002585

Did they ever fucking finish that game?
>>
less than a minute ago, I got Legend of Grimrock alt tabbed
>>
the better question would be:
>when was the last time you had fun playing a video game?

now that's really hard to answer, maybe 5-10 years ago
>>
>>344002394
A few minutes ago, I successfully assaulted Durquba in Mount&Butter: Warbutter
>>
>>344002394
Played some of Black Flag last night.
>>
>>344002394
Last night. I'll go back to playing it once I've finished cleaning my house.
>>
>>344012592
>>344009547
>>344005181
>>344002827
Why are you even on this board
>>
>>344013168
I'm just bored
>>
File: 2939733-shadowrunhk6.jpg (185 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2939733-shadowrunhk6.jpg
185 KB, 1366x768
This morning around 5 am. I just finished Shadowrun Hong Kong, well the original campaign, there's still a side campaign from what I see.
>>
Hearthstone over 12 hours ago. Still have to get to the games I bought during the Summer sale.
>>
>>344013450
Oh boy, I see the writing hasn't improved at all in the sequel. Glad I refunded Dragonfall. Such mediocre and trite writing as the main focus of the game was just too much for me.
>>
>>344002394
last night, Darkest Dungeon, lost my bounty hunter and my vestal-whatever to the cove, very upsetting.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.