[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else playing this shit? What's good about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: hyperlightdrifter.jpg (50 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
hyperlightdrifter.jpg
50 KB, 460x215
Anyone else playing this shit? What's good about it?
>>
>>344000543
No.

Nothing.
>>
>>344000543
The fast paced combat and the Zelda puzzles
>>
>>344000543
By supporting this game you support people who agree with Zoe Quinn, Phil Fish and Anita Sarkeesian
>>
>>344000836
source
>>
>>344000836
this
>>
>>344001442
The credits literally say thank you to those three
>>
>>344001618
And? HeartMachineZ doesn't even follow fraudulentfrequency on twitter. Guilt by association is falling to the level of SJWs.
>>
>>344000836
I don't give a shit about political opinions, only about whether they make good games or not. People are allowed to think what they like.

You're as fucking retarded as SJW if you disregard a game solely because of the opinions of one or more of its creators. If the game is good, it's good.
>>
>>344002482
Far too rational a thought process for /v/.
Try actually defending Mn9 for what the game actually is here, it's impossible.
>>
the game is alright

+combat is simple but fun
+boss fights and challenge rooms
-puzzles are lacking
-exploration is unrewarding
-story goes nowhere and a lot of plot points are dropped
-short as fuck (like 5 hours)

overall its like a 7/10 game

would get on a sale
>>
>>344002482
>People said Fez was shit because they didn't realize Phil Fish was trying to get attention for him game by being an asshole
The game isn't the best thing in the world and has flaws but a lot of people on /v/ were pathetic enough to lie about a game just because they were worried it might support the dev they dont like. Just tell people to pirate it if you're that fucking autistic, spreading misinformation isn't ever good, let people make their own conclusions
>>
>>344002807
This is the most accurate post you're going to get. I thoroughly enjoyed the game but by the end I realized the secrets/exploration wasn't the greatest since the game didn't have enough mechanics to keep the diversity up. The story was also a huge let down, I was expecting some secret ending from 100%ing the game but you don't get shit but some text that you'd have to translate for a little more story
>>
>>344000543
imo, Zelda platforms with Devil May Cry weaponry and that Dark Souls feeling to it
>>
>>344002807

This is probably the single most condensed yet accurate post on the game I've seen, and there were a fuck ton of threads about the game when it came out.
>>
>>344000543

Take A Link to the Past, add a dashing mechanic, streamline the combat, remove the puzzles, and don't actually have a story.

Voila, you now have Hyper Light Drifter.
>>
>>344002807
>the game is alright
>-puzzles are lacking
>-exploration is unrewarding
>-story goes nowhere and a lot of plot points are dropped
>-short as fuck (like 5 hours)
Sounds to me like sjw win again every time someone buys this game.
>>
>>344002807
Kinda buggy too, but I played a 1.0 pirated version
>Met the other Drifter guy after opening up the area fast travel point
>Gives me locations on the map
>Get killed, respawn at the beginning of the room
>Encounter him again, locations are added again and stacked on top of each other
>Happens a third time, triggering the encounter where he dies and drops his stuff
>Have the end game freebie cloak for the rest of the game
>>
>>344004459
Can you please become at least a little self aware? Try to imagine how you would look to other people posting about sjws when they have little impact unless you're the type who cry about censorship of fictional girls in your video games. Who cares if they mentioned manipulative people like Anita in their credits? It doesn't change the majority of the game besides your experience of viewing the credits.
>>
>>344000543
Normal length for a smaller game. Good movement mechanics and decent combat. Exploration is there but you quickly realize that the most amazing thing you can find is a palette swap cloak and similar, there are no RPG stats to work with and no hidden moves. Definitely worth playing but i wouldn't pay more than $19 something for it. Go play environmental station alpha if you want great exploration, best metroidvania in ages.
>>
>else
so you're playing it?

You already know what's good about it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.