[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /v/ So for a while now, I realized that my favorite way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Silent-Hill-2-2[1].jpg (86 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Hill-2-2[1].jpg
86 KB, 640x360
Sup /v/

So for a while now, I realized that my favorite way to play horror games is to stream them to a small number of people. I don't know why.

What are some horror games that you've personally enjoyed?
>>
File: sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
>>344000089
>streaming
>watching streams
>of horror games
jesus christ!

>What are some horror games that you've personally enjoyed?
-Silent Hill 1-4 (PS2, PC)
-Scratches (PC)
-Fatal Frame -games (PS2, Wii)
-Penumbra: Overture & Black Plague (PC)
-Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut (PC, HL1 mod)
-Cry Of Fear (PC, HL1 & standalone)
-Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC, PS3/360)
-Resident Evil REMAKE (GC, Wii, PC/PS3/360)
-Underhell: Chapter 1 (PC, Source mod)

Honorable mentions: STALKER trilogy, FEAR 1 + Expansions.
>>
File: 1466195512324.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466195512324.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>344000089
>I don't know why
>>
>>344000491
I know m8, I know. It feels pointless at times but I do have a bit of fun. Thanks for the nice list of vidya, perhaps it's time to give Fatal Frame a try.

>>344000576
This is pretty much my whole life.
>>
>>344000089
Of recently, REmake. The atmosphere and tension is great. However I'm so used to 4-6's combat, it's a bit hard to go back to using more than one bullet to stun a zombie and melee it.

I also have forbidden siren 1 on my ps2, but I'm stuck because the controls aren't very tight compared to today's standards, as well as respawning enemies getting in my way
>>
>>344001009
I definitely enjoyed REmake, I actually didthat one on a dolphin emulator a while back. I went in completely blind and had no clue about the crimson heads until it was too late.

Bummer about Siren, I was looking into that game as well to see if it was worth giving a shot.
>>
>>344000089
>Sup /v/

>So for a while now, I realized I'm a cocksucking shitter who gets off on having people more pathetic than myself watch me attempt to play horror games.
>>
>>344001370
>Implying you wouldn't do the same
>>
>>344001297
Oh, it's worth a shot, but I'm just too scared to go blaze through the levels since enemies don't stay dead. And with sight jacking, it just makes me want to take an even slower pace. 2, from what I hear is an improvement but wasn't released in the states.
>>
>>344001009
>>344001770
Siren doesn't exactly have "respawning" enemies. They're just literally undying, being already, you know, dead.
And the Siren games are meant to be played more like stealth-horror games than action focused survival horror titles.

>>344001297
>Bummer about Siren, I was looking into that game as well to see if it was worth giving a shot.
I was in the same boat as you few years ago.
The atmosphere and idea is great, but the implementation sucks. S1 has very bizarre controls, and is plagued by terrible English dub, which does not sit well with the Japanese setting. S2 was a bit better, but didn't really catch my attention. I did actually finish Blood Curse couple years ago, and I disliked it quite a bit; the "TV series" design just ruins immersion, the maps have VERY strict and often obscure "mission objectives" that you are required to perform precisely right if you don't want to face a sudden death, and the game suffered of some serious Can't See Shit Captn' - problem, caused by mixture of darkness + filters + narrow FOV + stuttery framerate + splitscreen effects. The ending was also one of the most ridiculous "Amuricah, fuck yearrr!" things ever.
>>
Lone Survivor was more enjoyable than I was expecting for a 2D silent hill clone.
>>
>>344002130
Yeah I know, I worded it better in my second post. I figured out the stealth part in the first level, cowering in fear behind the pick up truck.

Unfortunately I didn't get very far on the first game. I was playing the guy with the scoped sniper rifle and I got through most of the level until I saw a shibito with a gun. Unfortunately I didn't kill him in my first shot so he took cover and I couldn't get past him since he stayed in cover, and can shoot faster than I can.
>>
>>344001370
Do you not enjoy watching spooky vidya and talking to people, anon?

>>344001770
I feel ya. The reason I started streaming horror games to begin with is because playing them alone would just get to me.

>>344002130
Huh, maybe I could try it out, but just jump to 2 or Blood Curse if that doesn't work out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.