[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this not unanimously considered the greatest video game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1350x1662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1350x1662
Sure, the story is not the strongest, plus the aircraft are a pain to work with, but it is a small price to pay. Not only is the story mode as immersive as one can imagine, but as one progresses through, they can do literally anything. Next-Gen has a flawless first-person mode, and a "director" mode where you can play as virtually EVERY CHARACTER MODEL IN THE GAME. What other game can say that? Anyone rating this game under 10/10 is a total imbecile. Case closed.
>>
GTA IV is better
>>
Cool story bro.
>>
>>343999872
This tbqh famm
>>
File: 1467117899864.jpg (280 KB, 1540x2250) Image search: [Google]
1467117899864.jpg
280 KB, 1540x2250
wew lad almost fell for it
>>
>>343999872
San Andreas is better.
>>
File: mk64.png (607 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
mk64.png
607 KB, 799x599
>>344000648
Nope
>>
File: oot.jpg (11 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
oot.jpg
11 KB, 263x192
>>343999813
cuz this is
>>
>>343999872
This tbqh

Its hardly the best game in its own franchise.
>>
File: giphy.com_.gif (1000 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
giphy.com_.gif
1000 KB, 500x280
>Has FPS
>Every GTA V Youtuber shoots from the hip
>>
rockstar pls go
>>
>>343999813
there's barely any gameplay
>>
>>343999813
It basically is.
>>
You pukes still have not answered my question. WHAT OTHER GAME LETS YOU PLAY AS EVERY CHARACTER MODEL IN IT?
>>
>>344005225
A lot of better games.
>>
>>343999813

Because there is nothing to do.

The police system and AI is crap and not fun.
The world is not interactive, there's no toys or systems to play with.
The side missions are crap [doing random shit for normal people instead of actual missions for gangs and stuff]

And the setting an character's were not that great for a Rockstar game either. The whole game feels a bit phoned in, honestly.
>>
>>344005225
every gta
>>
It's not even the best game in its own series.
>>
>>344005225
Gmod.
>>
>>344000714
Vice city is better
>>
>>344005581
>The world is not interactive, there's no toys or systems to play with.
I honestly felt this way too but I feel like there is no real reason why. I mean, this game has bunch of other stuff to do other than main missions compared to San Andreas or IV but I used most of my time in those games to fuck around doing nothing really. Just playing around and having mindless fun or hanging out with people in IV. However, in this game I just can't do it.

The only time I came close to doing that was in my first online session but then I realized most of the people online were just trying to kill each other. It makes me miss the good old days in IV where everybody was in the airport with RPGs and the friendly fire was off.

Anyway, online aside, I'm just not sure if it's just me and how I feel as if I shouldn't waste my time fucking around or there is something wrong in the game that I can't understand.
>>
>>343999813
This might well be bait but I swear GTA fans are near as bad as Witcher fans on /v/ the reason is that the gameplay's not that great, it's funny how GTA mocks CODS online but not it's singler player because the "best" of the story mission are COD, tightly scripted parts with shallow gimmicks with the worst are a walking sim, following people or driving them to places while there natter on and on.
GTAV has a great world but it's lack of varied NPC interaction, plus the fact that there are like 3 weapons you can use for the whole game hurt it a ton.
>>
>>343999872
I love this meme.
>>
i still can't believe they actually put yoga in as a mini-game. i feel like that's an insult to us. they're basically saying this game is going to make us a billion dollars no matter what, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
>>
>>344006695
Nothing wrong with Yoga mate, that mission was fun, that work stacking crates one, not so much.
>>
GTA 4 online was better. You could just mess around and select your game modes. 5 online there is literally a loading screen for fucking everything, you're forced into stupid fucking events and if you want any decent vehicle/weapon you're forced to grind mission with pubs/friends and hope you can come up with something. The only good thing about 5 online is passive mode so you're not constantly killed by some 11 year old mouth breather
>>
>>344005225
Soul Caliber 5
>>
While I liked it as a taxi stimulator, the frequent cinematic """" gameplay """"" sections between the driving sections were rather dull and too edgy for me.

Also the x mashing to run is horrible and the gun handeling is atrocious (as is the case in ever Rockstar game).

A 6.5/10 game for me.
>>
>>344006367
what's to understand? the game just has no gameplay systems with emergent behavior so there's nothing to fuck around. there are a bunch of mini games that are super uninteresting, the few dynamic gameplay systems there are (like police etc.) are probably in their worst implementation they have ever been seen in, etc.

and most importantly, by now people have probably grown out of it. i slowly have, over the past generations, too. GTA 2 I finished in probably a couple of sittings. GTA 3 pretty much the same because it was new and 3D. vice city was a cool setting but it took me longer cuz it was more of the same. san andreas was the first one I didn't finish (it was just too big, too much of the same). after that I finished less and less of the games, GTA 5 I played for maybe 5 hours before dropping it.

they really haven't done anything really new in 10 years. gta is the ultimate normie game.
>>
>there are people
>on /v/
>RIGHT NOW
>who killed Michael
>>
>>343999813
>Next-Gen has a flawless first-person mode
Kek
Do you work for Todd Howard?
>>
>>344007736
OK, OP is a fucking moron, but implying that a game like GTA V is just slightly above average compared to all other video games out there is retarded at best.
>>
>>343999872
first post, best post.
>>
>>344008028
>implying the average game is a 5/10.
That's not how ratings work, or at least not for me. I rate games on an absolute scale, not a relative one.
>>
>>343999813
its a drive, walk & punch simulator.
Literally go about their stupid map and play with npc puppets, game is shallow, is not fun. The story, like you said - is a failure.
GTA III was the best failure in this horrendous failure of a series.

Its a gay waste of money and that's the truth.
>>
>>343999813
As someone who is a huge GTA fan, 100% all games and played V for around 300 hours, I gotta say it's really unfinished. It's maybe the best GTA of all time but it felt really unfinished, most areas underused, the campaign was short as hell unless you did all of the sidequests and the online is full of hacking and general stupidity, the game modes being really unbalanced. It's a shame they also focused on the online, when GTA is traditionally a single player game. I like the game overall, but I don't like the MMO direction they're taking the game into.
>>
>>343999872
>>344000435
>>344000809
>>344008041
>My toaster can't run V, it must be worse. I can tell from the youtubes.
>>
>>344008362
(You)
>>
>>344008303
>side missions are not part of the campaign
That's wrong.
>>
>>343999813
>the main character is a nigger and you have to go around niggering

into the trash it goes. I didn't play san andres for this, and they did it again
>>
>>344007758
>I haven't beat the game
>My opinion matters
>>
Every GTA is from good to great

Rockstar haven't made a single bad game tbqh
>>
File: 1464541246514.jpg (179 KB, 637x637) Image search: [Google]
1464541246514.jpg
179 KB, 637x637
>>344005225
GTA III and Vice City have skin support (you only need basic Paint and some patience)

Bully with Super Mod v3
>>
>>344007758
lmao plebe

kys
>>
>>343999813
-story is boring
-characters personality seem more annoying than interesting
-shark cards
-too many issues that need mods to correct(police literally on your ass for sucker punching someone in a dark alley with no one else around)
-too many tedious missions that aren't fun to play(e.g. dock mission, stealing sub mission, gathering missions, etc.)
-neglecting SP updates for online shit and not bothering to put any of it in the SP
-still $60
-ban you from online if you have any sort of mods effect the SP game in your folder
-online filled with cheaters
-russians and chinese everywhere
-shit too expensive online
-adding a long ass grind to buy shit for free roam
-loading screen too long
-only good station is FlyLo

a lot more shit but too lazy to keep typing. game is a 7/10 at best. I expected a lot better from rockstar after IV, but I guess they're only interest is to make as much money as possible from shark card sales.
>>
>>343999872
he's right you know
>>
>>344010369

It does feel like they're slowly becoming less relevant, at least the main series.
>>
File: 22715267417_9bb262a0a8_o.jpg (878 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
22715267417_9bb262a0a8_o.jpg
878 KB, 1920x1080
>>343999872
Looks better too
>>
>>344010615
I can't believe they still make skins for GTA 3
>>
>>344011429
someday I will own this mod
>>
>>344000648
this
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.