[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you prefer in your vidya? >Ranged characters/units
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: 345345.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
345345.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1200
What do you prefer in your vidya?

>Ranged characters/units
>like Ranger/Hunter in (MMO)RPGs
>like Sniper or Artillery in RTS
>like Snipers or Bow character in FPS

>Melee characters/Hit them in the Face/Tankrush/protect your teammates
>" "

>Magic users/Crush them with big spells/abilities
>" "

>Tricksters/Whacky strategies
>" "
>>
>>343997847
necromancers/summoners, now fuck off ya cunt the fuck is with your >" " bullshit
>>
File: Lunatic.jpg (147 KB, 900x608) Image search: [Google]
Lunatic.jpg
147 KB, 900x608
Melee all day every day.
>>
>>343998097
why do people like melee anyway
you can do almost anything with magic... like using the dead as your personal army or using the elements or summoning demons
melee you just swing a sword around until they die
>>
File: GloriousEmperor.jpg (31 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
GloriousEmperor.jpg
31 KB, 326x326
>>343998456
There is no more honorable form of combat than to fight in melee face to face, It is a pure test of strength and skill.
>>
>>343998832
> muh honoru
Fuck off gook. Only victory is honorable.
>>
long range characters
bow or sniper

assassin characters

characters with interesting movement
>>
>>343997847
Tricksters in any game that will let me. I like having a huge amount of utility and being hard to pin down.

Anything ambush heavy with a shitload of tricks up their sleeve is my kind of thing. I want to be able to dictate when the fight happens and I want it to be unfair as hell once it does.
>>
>>343999128
yeah, its pretty fun, if you can set up the perfect killing ground or let the enemys attack shadows or each other or just charge your enemy base with a group of guys who blow themselves up
>>
>>343999128
>intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour
>>
>>343998456
It's fucking badass to hit people with stuff until they die. Even more so if it takes ages for them to actually kill you because HUGE GUTS.

It's just cool.

>b-but magic!
Yeah yeah magic is neat too. It's cool, but it's just not badass.
>>
File: wojak.png (22 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
22 KB, 633x758
>tfw you've been playing support/healers for so long you get stressed out when you try a different role
>>
>>343997847
I like the alternate caster/hybrid support archtype. Especially casters with anti-magic properties. Even better again if there's an option to mix spell and melee. Stuff like Sages, Shaman, Summoners, etc.
>>
in what game can you be a true trickster? i want to be joseph joestar and fight my enemies being a silly yet deadly trickman
>>
>>344000431
gw1/2 mesmer i guess
gw2 is shit though, and i'm pretty sure gw1 is painfully dated and probably ded
>>
i must be a monk if available

it is in my soul to be a fierce boxer with speed and technique

sadly few games have good monk/boxer classes. diablo 3's was neat tho
>>
>>344000039
Flicking your wrist and feeling the earth shake as a manor house is swallowed by heat and smoke isn't badass?
>>
>>344001489
Not as badass and cleaving a giant hunk of steel through a group of man, indeed.

Endgame magic is always fucking "psh nothin personnel kid" tier, with the entire stop time and summon meteors or tornadoes and shift geometric plates around to crush your enemies with. It's too over the top. It's cool, but it's so lame at the same time. You know?
Like oh yeah I mastered magic look at me bending the fabric of reality whoop de doo I can literally do everything I want because MAGIC.
Fuck no that's boring.
I just want to hit dudes really hard.
>>
>>343998456
I like casters on a conceptual level, but I am unable to get into them when ever I get the chance to play them.
>>
File: d3_monk_by_kayouvirus-d54bqzr.jpg (114 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
d3_monk_by_kayouvirus-d54bqzr.jpg
114 KB, 600x927
>>344000982
heroes of the storm has the monk. so does baldurs gate 2. I believe Neverwinter Nights has a monk too.

Yeah, monk is quite fun.
>>
>>344001696
I admit that sledgehammers have far more intimidation and class than what we usually get for magic.
>>
>>344001706

Why? Whats wrong? Not enough health?
>>
I used to always play paladin type characters.
But now I'm more of a fan of warriors, because of the idea that since you don't have any magic, your abilities are more specialized and varied.

I dig magic users like mages who can chain huge balls of fire that crit, like pyro mages once were in WoW. I also dig the warlock types who rely on DoTs.
>>
File: oh yeah.gif (955 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.gif
955 KB, 500x266
>>343997847
>casters

DOTs

lots of FUCKING DOTs

best thing in game is to stack lots of FUCKING DOTs and watch something slowly whittle down in a constant stream at first, then slowly increase in damage as more debuffs are applied to amplify the FUCKING DOTs until they are dead.

if i can get aoe to go with my FUCKING DOTs, then that makes my day
>>
>>344000982
My companion of African descent
>>
>>343997847
Protecting characters who are meelee in party style games (Monk, Pally, Sheildmaidens)

If im playing solo or solo w/npc support 2 Hander meelee with elemental/magic enchants (Shamans sometimes spell fencers usually) Or ailment characters
>>
>>343997847
I like characters that use chi/aura/nen/psi or whatever inner/mental power.

Either caster or melee who uses those powers.
>>
File: Iron_Maiden_Tab.png (209 KB, 320x430) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Maiden_Tab.png
209 KB, 320x430
>>344003513

Did you play Necro in Diablo 2?
>>
>>344003834

Mesmer in Guild Wars and I think Pillars of Eternity had a a class like that, but I kind think of a real chi user in a game. Got an example?
>>
>>344004008
D&D psionic and psychic warrior perhaps?

I think your avarage monks who channels their inner strength is ok too.
>>
>>343997847
If it has any way for me to control the swordplay then i like to role melee, and abuse the game's melee mechanics and physics so hard that other alternative classes/playstyles can only watch and cri as i take them apart
>>
>>343997847
Melee (mainly on games outside FPS)

Out of all the classes/characters you have mentioned, melee seems to be the most satisfying one. What other classes makes you go toe-to-toe with your enemy, swinging a weapon at full force as if your trying to cut a frozen meat using an axe (or alternatively, making your fist feel like it's made out of steel), and most importantly, making you beat the living shit out of your enemy while enduring a beating (most of the time anyway) and at the same time, making you feel like you're Conan, Guts, Travis Touchdown, Zangief, etc.? None of them except melee.

The rest of the classes are nice and all but my complain with those classes is that:
a.) They tend to be fragile as fuck
b.) Once they're at close ranged they have a higher chance of getting fucked as compared to melee characters
c.) Doesn't feel and look so satisfying ( Compare a good strong punch to the face to a flick of a wand, pulling a string, and some light hand movements)
>>
>>343998832
true
>>
File: 1446195059871.png (57 KB, 706x598) Image search: [Google]
1446195059871.png
57 KB, 706x598
>>343998456
>using the dead as your personal army
nigga when the fuck does that even happen anymore in videogames
Necromancy is dead in vidya
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.