[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna play fire emblem but I dont know where to start/what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: fire emblem.jpg (60 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
fire emblem.jpg
60 KB, 493x500
I wanna play fire emblem but I dont know where to start/what the hell is it about.

I thought it was a turn based RPG but I recently heard its a strategy game.

So what is it about? How does it play? Where should I start?
>>
its turn based strategy rpg
you can start with any game but avoid 4 and 5 if you are a beginner... and 10 is a sequel to 9
>>
Just start with Fates
>>
File: 1453768904880.jpg (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1453768904880.jpg
58 KB, 480x480
>>343997009
>What's it about
There's no real plot past "here's an evil old person who wants to be king, so me and my ragtag group of boring characters will take care of it", sometimes there's a dragon at the end.
>It's an RPG/strategy game
It's a turn based tactics game, they're called SRPGs, but the S stands for simulation, not strategy. Anyway it's not that hard, rock paper scissors but with swords, look up gameplay.

Honestly, OP, FE really isn't that good, it's pretty boring and is only popular due to Smash and now waifu pandering.

If you wanna get into it, emulate FE7 on the GBA, otherwise play something of the same genre that's actually fun like Advance Wars, Disgaea, FFTA, Soul Nomad or Makai Kingdom. I guarantee you'd have a significantly better time playing any of those games over any FE title.
>>
>>343997009
Start with the one you just posted.
>>
>>343997523
froggy
>>
File: 412px-B02-057.jpg (125 KB, 412x599) Image search: [Google]
412px-B02-057.jpg
125 KB, 412x599
>>343997523
Alright, now as a fan of FE, I will agree with
>There's no real plot past "here's an evil old person who wants to be king, so me and my ragtag group of boring characters will take care of it", sometimes there's a dragon at the end.
OP, if you want to play the good shit that is actually plot heavy, will still keeping fun combat I'd say play FE 4, Genealogy of the holy war.
>>
start with the game with the cover you posted. then probably awakening/fates or the snes ones
>>
File: 1416775304956.png (205 KB, 650x994) Image search: [Google]
1416775304956.png
205 KB, 650x994
>>343997009
Start with FE7 on GBA, which is just called Fire Emblem.
If you want more of the same with a couple of new features, go for FE8, Sacred Stones.
If you want a lot of new features but still the same core progression, or you just want to play as Ike play FE9, Path of Radiance.
If you want to try the new shit, play FE14, Fates. Conquest for challenge and gameplay, Birthright if you want less retarded writing.
>>
>>343998054
I still wish Nintendo had a vr team that's dedicated to translating and releasing old gems that were never localized like this.
>>
>>343997523
Finally, someone that knows the the difference between tactics and strategy, and understands the original meaning behind SRPG.

There is hope for /v/ yet.

>>343997009
Play either 6 (Binding Blade) or 7 (Sword of Flame) and then make sure to play the other afterwards.
>>
>>343997009
Start with pic related(7), Sacred Stones(8), or Path of Radiance(9).

7 has a ten chapter tutorial, and is probably the most challenging out of those three
8 has the best backstories for characters and a world map so you can grind if you feel too underlevelled
9 has the best support system, and better world I'd say.

>>343997523
Alvis wasn't evil
>>
>>343997009
It's both. Start with the image you posted, it comes with a mandatory tutorial to ease the player in.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.