[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>western media constantly shits on Japanese games for having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>western media constantly shits on Japanese games for having sexualized characters, big breasted characters and breast jiggle
>western games have nudity like in GTA and David Cage "games" and they're praised for it

Why the double standards?
Why is it okay when western devs do it?
>>
The way Japanese games do fanservice is generally awful. Not that I'm saying most western games do nudity and such well but the average weeb pandering game (which I know isn't all of them) is just awful with fanservice and deserves all the flak it gets.

GTA generally does it well though, I'm not sure why you used it as an example. I only played Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain but Heavy Rain at least didn't seem too bad at it.
>>
>>343987156
So it's okay when the west does it.
>>
Ellie is the only reason I would buy a PS4.
Same for that loli in Quantum Break on Xbox.
I will stick to the darkie kid in The Walking Dead on PC though.
>>
>>343987237
Not what I said but I guess I'm arguing with a weeb that won't give up their panty shots.
>>
If they had put some nipples and transparent wet T's on Lara Croft for RotTR they would have sold a lot more. But muh social justice.
>>
>>343987454
It's okay when the west does it.
Thank you for confirming.
Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>343986841

Much the same way chicago style food works. Why taste good and be good, when you can just throw a bunch of dogcrap together, and rely on tasteless shitters to scream that everything other than that sucks?

The west's learned the hard way over many console generations, that except for PC-only games, they've never been able to compete in quality, so they're just playing this card now instead. Easier to pass off low quality shit when you're mongering people away from the competition.
>>
>>343987454
fuck off westacuck
>>
>weebs shit on western games for being "cinematic"
>Play shitty Japanese visual novels and jrpgs where you press x to watch your character attack something

Why the double standards?
Why is it okay when Jap devs do it?
>>
I preferred Ellen Page's character in The Last Of Us
>>
>>343986841
it's a fucking feminist and jew enabler
she is not even to be considered worth of talking her name
fuck her
>>
>>343991221
>fuck her
I wish
>>
>Two shaggy-headed generic teenage whores share a sloppy kiss in the middle of a dangerous situation
>Fucking 11/10 absolutely beautiful real diversity is happening right now thank you Obama we made it bros
>Anime game that only a handful of people were going to play in the first place and is already 99% cute girls doing cute things and not taking anything particularly serious in the first place has some dumb kissing scene or like an "omg girl-kun how could you touch my boobies don't you know we're both girls" moment
>Fucking weeb trash I hope you die why aren't these games banned save us Bernie I hope the cops catch that creep

This blatant double-standard is such a pain in the ass

>It's perfectly fine for the treehouse girls to be on stage at E3 practically flooding the convention hall with their juices from how much they're creaming themselves over naked Link, and how they're getting the crowd to cheer along with them
>But every single square inch of every single girl in every Nintendo game made in the last year or so much be covered at all times
>>
>>343986841
There's a difference between a character showering and a character running into battle in a bikini.
>>
>>343992646
Says who
>>
>>343986841
The logic is generally that nip games do it for titillation while western games do it for art. I don't agree but that's the thinking.
>>
>>343993283
Strippers in GTA are clearly art
>>
>>343992795
Says everyone you filthy weeb
>>
>>343987560
What planet do you live on? Every GTA released generates more controversy than the last due to its ever increasing popularity, and its portrayal of women is often the main criticism. It's been like that ever since it first came out, and I'd say it's a lot more infamous for it in the west than any Japanese game released.
>>
File: 1442982397232.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1442982397232.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>343986841
>implying games like GTA aren't shit on for these things too
Do you not remember the shitstorm over the hot coffee mod?
>>
>>343993472
>>343993584
Yet every GTA still gets almost perfect scores across the board from the offended journalists
>>
File: 1467624000718.png (495 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1467624000718.png
495 KB, 800x602
>>343993730
You're assuming the same people complaining are the same ones reviewing the game. You're also assuming that Jap games don't get good reviews. I'm now going to make an assumption you're a butthurt weeb.
>>
>>343993472
Can we agree that gta presents ALL people of different anything as pretty shitty equally and their lack of putting anyone or anything on a pedestal is what is really generating the controversy?
>>
>>343993902
>pointing out blatant hypocrisy means you're butthurt
Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>343992795

Every western barbarian/fantasy trope with amazon women in two pieces, I guess.

Yep, those weeb games sure made battle bikinis popular!
>>
>>343993730
That's because the Jap games that face the censorship issue are usually the anime games that have gratuitous fanservice as one of the main selling points and not much else that's improved or unique, or as a bonus that doesn't really tie in thematically with the rest of the story or doesn't seem to have a purpose beyond selling copies, whereas with GTA, not only is there so much else to talk about with regard to what is in the game, as befitting a AAA game with high production values, GTA's shitty portrayal of women is a facet of the larger world which they are trying to portray, where the worst qualities of every subculture and type of person are brought into the limelight and are treated as the norm. They notice it, but they think it serves a greater purpose, and that's why they don't care about it that much. Also, the fact that no one, not even politicians, has been able to stop Rockstar from doing it in any of the other GTAs helps matters.
>>
>>343995551
>actually replying to stale b8
This is a blatant shitposting thread. Just ignore it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.