[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this game is old news now but holy fuck did it ever hit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: life-is-strange.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
life-is-strange.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
I know this game is old news now but holy fuck did it ever hit me in the feels. I haven't had a game fuck my shit up like this is a long time.
>>
>>343980419
>walking sim
>ashly burchs shitty va
>getting feels from a hipster game

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>343980789
fpwp
>>
File: 1266214929681.gif (95 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1266214929681.gif
95 KB, 400x300
>>343980789
>WHY CAN'T I JUST SHOOT THINGS!?
>THIS GAME IS FUCKING GAY!!
>>
>>343981708
>Thinking there's only two tiers of games: shooters and cringe-y teen-driven drama point-and-click stories.
>>
>>343980419
Watching the YMS playthrough probably just ruined it for me. After watching I can't really see what people liked about the story or characters.

¯\_( '_ ' )_/¯
>>
>>343985853
>Watching a play-through for a game based entirely on story, choice and immersion
You dun goofed son
>>
I preferred Until Dawn over this shit
>>
I preferred Resident Evil Revelations 2 over this shit
>>
I preferred The Last of Us over this shit
>>
I preferred Alan Wake over this shit
>>
>>343980419
same here OP.
depressed the shit out of me for a while.
>>
I preferred Heavy Rain/Beyond two souls over this shit
>>
>>343981708
I'm more open to walking simulators than most of this board probably and Life is Strange is pretty fucking garbage. The story is a total mess. Every character is a pretty bland, overdone stereotype of some sort and not even the major characters develop in any noteworthy way throughout the entirety of the five episodes. Chloe is arguably the "real" main character and her entire concept as a character is one the same tier as a fucking Lifetime original movie and she stays essentially the same until literally the very last moments of the game. It's very clear they were writing it as it went with no clear direction and a lot of over-ambition because so goddamn many plot threads are opened up and left totally unresolved in one of the worst cop-out endings I've ever seen, which was obviously intended to be a psychological exploration of Max in the same vein as something like Evangelion, but the issue is that Max is a total fucking nondescript nonentity from beginning to end and none of the insecurities the whole ending sequence wants you to believe Max is struggling with have any weight because they weren't even vaguely apparent in how she was characterized and themed up until that point.

And if it wasn't bad enough that the script is poorly written, it's also exceptionally poorly acted to boot. And whatever shred of emotional force the game could have retained against all odds in spite of these glaring flaws is destroyed because it's ALSO poorly animated. It fails to achieve even mediocrity in any of its most important qualities, being a game with literally nothing going for it but it's storytelling. I fail to see how it can be called a good game.
>>
I just can't bring myself to giving a fuck about dramas about teen girls in school. I'm too old for this kind of shit.
>>
>>343989006
90% of visual novels right there.
The high school and teenager upset hormones setting is so tiring.
>>
File: didntread.gif (1 MB, 270x214) Image search: [Google]
didntread.gif
1 MB, 270x214
>>343988806
>>
>>343993707
literally an hour later
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.