[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SFV Story mode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled-2.jpg (252 KB, 1458x751) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
252 KB, 1458x751
Streetfighter 3,4, Alpha,EX and everything else story mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLJZJ9__Gns

>select a character
>Opening story specific to that character
>Story scenes and mid bosses along the way specific to that character
>Final boss and ending sequence specific to that character

Streetfighter 5 story mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7SYFdKSPc

>You can't even pick a character because it makes you play a few seconds as each of them
>It's exactly the same for everyone
>No investment in the character you're playing as. you're Chun Li one moment, then M.Bison kicking Chun Li in the face the next moment.
>>
who cares sfv is still the best fighting game ever
>>
The gameplay was dumb but the cutscenes were pretty dank.

Juri, Karin, ChunLi, all of them looked fantastic.
>>
>>343978369
Fucking crybabbies bitching and moaning about a part of the game that will be forgotten regardless of how it was presented.

Eat shit, dumbass.
>>
File: SF3 Elena ending.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SF3 Elena ending.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Do you not mourn the death of one player arcade fighter experiences?
>>
>>343979746
I don't play sf for story
>>
>Chun Li is so fucking useless for 99% of the story

Way to go Capcom
>>
File: Alpha 2 Nash end.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Alpha 2 Nash end.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
>>343979662
>I don't play sf for story
>>343979662
>Fucking crybabbies bitching and moaning about a part of the game that will be forgotten regardless of how it was presented.

DUHHHHHH story is for fags, multiplayer only forever, right bros?
>>
>>343979746
No I do not mourn bullshit fighting game bosses.
>>
>>343978369
Is SFV saved?
>>
>>343980485
>mario talking to magikarp.jpg
>>
File: juri_by_hugohugo-d30rg8z.jpg (970 KB, 1275x1772) Image search: [Google]
juri_by_hugohugo-d30rg8z.jpg
970 KB, 1275x1772
Juri thread hijack.
>>
>>343978369
Watching this video and yeah, the character switching is super fucking weird. I bet it offers a nice challenge to learn characters, though.
>>
The story mode was top tier.

All FGs had shit story modes. This one went full camp and it was benefited by the lightweight fun.

Elder god Tier
>Zangief
>Rashid of the turbulent wind
>Fang

Great tier:
>Nash
>Karin
>Vega
>Butlers

>Irrelevant tier
The rest

Best moments:
>Everything Zangief
>Shadaloo robbin a bank like Spider-man villains

I would literally pay 15 bucks for a story mode part 2.
>>
>>343983064
It's to have a "canon" story instead of the contradictory storylines of old arcade ladders where 90% of them feel like Rashomon "this is my version of the story" stories.

Even then OP got what he wanted in character specific story modes that have been in since day 1. They're all shit anyways, just like every Street Fighter, and if you're playing SF for story you're probably shit at the game.
>>
>>343978369
Who is the blonde woman loyal to Urien?
>>
>>343978369
but SFV also had a character-specific story mode that did everything arcade modes do except challenging fights.

Then it has Survival, which IS challenging.

Three modes, each the best of each world, what's your problem?
>>
>arcsys fighter
>branching story mode with obscure requirements
>fight some fucking retardedly boosted rainbow version of a character
>>
File: gill-thirdstrikeintro.gif (541 KB, 168x186) Image search: [Google]
gill-thirdstrikeintro.gif
541 KB, 168x186
>>343986619
She's Gill (the end boss)'s secretary in Streetfighter 3.

https://youtu.be/oV5Wub1yNyQ?t=9m8s
>>
>>343978369
But this actually makes sense for a fighting game. Instead of creating 20+ non-canon storylines, there is simply one, canonical story, and all the characters can take part in it.
This also lets players try out every fighter, making it easier to find your future main.

Now the only problem that remains is that the story in fighting games is usually mediocre, or downright crap.
>>
>>343978369
>>You can't even pick a character because it makes you play a few seconds as each of them
They specifically mentioned the MK9 story mode as inspiration for them, so that isn't surprising, but you'd think they would try to improve on it somehow.
>>
Street Fighter story used to be so obscure we're still not sure who beat the Street Fighter 2 tournament.
>>
>>343986619
She's not loyal to Urien, she's loyal to Gill, and that's why Urien doesn't like her.
>>
>>343987779
i wonder how big her vagina as demi-god sex toy
>>
>>343988361
>she's loyal to Gil
Of course she is, she's a woman and women are only loyal to money.
>>
>>343988529
Gill has no money, he has no use for money. That's more Urien's thing.
>>
>>343988179
>They specifically mentioned the MK9 story mode as inspiration for them

Found the problem.
>>
File: 1467102153137.jpg (658 KB, 986x1490) Image search: [Google]
1467102153137.jpg
658 KB, 986x1490
>>343982417
Juri sleeper agent here.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.