[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm considering turing my Wii U into a SNES/Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Since I only had a GBC during my childhood, I pretty much missed this entire generation. So I've basically started a 16-bit bucket list. What games should I pick up?
>>
>>343977309
are you saying you plan on hacking your WiiU or using the eShop? either way the /v/ wiki has a shit ton of the must get games for SNES
>>
>>343977309
Super Mario World (original or Advance)
Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Lost Vikings
Star Fox
Earthbound
Mario's Super Picross
>>
>>343977309
Stop. Just emulate.

i own a bunch of shit and spent some money I'm not proud of, so as one friend to another, you don't want to go through the trouble. It's people like you and me that give resellers an opportunity to fuck people. This old shit nobody cares about should not be as expensive as it is but people literally stretch wide open just so they can have a copy of this or that to go with that old antiquated console.

Why bother?
>>
>>343978715
you missed the part where he said he planned on using his Pii Poo
>>
>>343977662
Using the eShop. Although I may hack it once the NX releases.

Also, is controller config on a game by game basis?
>>
Download a romset and pick up all of them
>>
>>343978878
Eshop only has the basic stuff and its all overpriced. even the worst laptop can download an SNES emulator that JUST WORKS out of the box. not worth it my man
>>
File: 1465694037571.png (7 KB, 282x289) Image search: [Google]
1465694037571.png
7 KB, 282x289
>>343977309
>using a console that can't even be plugged into a CRT for 4th gen emu
Fucking why? Get a Wii/OG Xbox for 40 burgers off amazon (hacking them only takes 20 minutes anyeand a CRT from literally anywhere. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>343979079
Since when is 8 dollars overpriced for an SNES game? Let alone a first-party SNES game.
>>
>>343979452
since CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>343979079
Yes, I know. But I like buying stuff. And having it all in one place that I can play on my TV is appealing to me.
>>
>>343980220
you miss out on alot of the really good stuff being locked to the Eshop.
>>
>>343977309
Just get a fucking Wii and hack it you retard. You'd even get to plug in SNES controllers and whatnot if you buy an adaptor. If you actually buy eshop releases with this intent, you are a true cuck..
>>
>>343980502
True. I will emulate what I can't get for a reasonable price.
>>
>>343979179
What are you talking about? You can use a Wii U with a CRT through composite.
>>
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Pilotwings
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country series
Earthbound
Final Fantasy VI (called FF III in north america)
Shadowrun
>>
>>343977309

>buys a wii u
>so disappointed in the experience he wants to use it as an SNES

I don't know what this is, but it makes me laugh.
>>
>>343983096
Well, you're not wrong.

Actually the Wii U is probably my favorite Nintendo console, first-party output-wise, but it doesn't exactly have a whole lot of games.
>>
Hacked new3ds is best for snes/emulation
>>
Get Out of This World/Another World.
>>
>>343979079
Not all laptops can do SNES emulation.
My old 200$ intel atom 10" craptop can't play SNES games without slowdowns.
Works for stuff like basic browsing and libreoffice, but cant even play YouTube videos.
>>
>>343985339
>My old 200$ intel atom 10" craptop can't play SNES games without slowdowns.
even better. Its like actually having a SNES
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.