[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here play the multiplayer? Just got it, what weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault-49.jpg (71 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-49.jpg
71 KB, 600x400
Does anyone here play the multiplayer?

Just got it, what weapons are the meta weapons and loadouts?

Is it pretty much just all rockets and snipers?
>>
>>343977028
Rockets need a definite nerf. They do far too much splash damage and not enough self damage, so faggots just spam the shit and use it as a more powerful shotgun
>>
nobody plays
the multiplayer is average in a bad way and really stiff balance wise
most importantly it just isn't fun to play
>>
the multiplayer really is trash. the hack modules are pointless and have no real impact on the greater picture of the match. those hack modules could be good if they put a greater emphasis on permanence or unlocking instead of temporary power ups that you lose after dying. the multiplayer is a blander halo and cod.
>>
>>343977891
Being unfun is just your opinion though

Ive been playing less than a day but the entire time ive had a blast, the mobility, guns, and fluid motion of the game are so much fun to me.

Its incredibly refreshing to play after playing 200 hours of overwatch the last month
>>
>>343978659
>overwatch
>doom
>fun
well theres your problem m8, you just have shit taste
>>
>>343978873
Ah your one of those stereotypical /v/ losers then I see?

Opinion discarded

Word of advice, try doing something other than play video games then maybe you will be able to enjoy them again.
>>
>>343978659
This. I think there's totally loads of stuff wrong with the multiplayer but if you're really into how the shooting feels it's still really fun.
>>
what platform? on pc, any mode but team deathmatch requires some patience to find matches for. tdm is trash because victory depends heavily on a random factor, but if you're a casual player then whatever, try it out. every mode except for clan arena has these perk things called hack modules which were intended to be crutches for noobs but whoever designed them didn't seem to think about how non-noobs can use them too, and ultimately they're just stupid unbalanced advantages that increase the casual factor, and no doubt any custom matches people do are going to disable the pieces of shit. in fact, hack modules actually reward you for dying. funny how that's the complete opposite of how dying in quake 3 worked.

for tdm people seem to be rocking the combat shotgun/super shotgun combo, since you can switch between the two immediately after firing, which makes the reload times for your damage output put to minimal levels, but I wouldn't recommend it for something like clan arena or freeze tag since it makes you useless at mid and long range. combat shotgun is easily a top tier weapon but it must be unlocked by leveling up to a certain level past 10. leveling up is fast as fuck though so don't worry.

it's not really all just rockets and snipers. it used to be all chainguns since it was OP as all fuck but it's been nerfed so be thankful you weren't playing on launch. dorks will camp in clan arena with snipers but you can see the lasers from their sniper weapons so it just takes some map knowledge and smart play to kick their asses. also on PC there's hackers because there's no anti cheat.
>>
>>343979191
thanks for the input anon
>>
Multiplayer on Doom is shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.