[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
What went wrong?
>>
>>343973576
The Gamepad was a terrible idea.

Not a lot of games.
>>
Is it possible to say everything?
>>
>>343973801
>The Gamepad was a terrible idea.
The GamePad was a decent idea. Just executed poorly in games.
>>
>>343973576
inability to use multiple gamepads per console. if the GPU is such a limitation, then lower the resolution when setting this option. its still a computer FFS
>>
>>343973576
Gamepad was underused, the online aspect was YEARS behind Microsft and Sony despite being a whole new thing, next to no internal memory and the BIGGEST THING WAS THE HORRIBLE MARKETING.

I worked at target at the release and no knew what it was. Everyone thought it was just a gamepad add on. Shame on Nintendo for that one.
>>
>>343973576
nintendo fell for the tablet meme while tablets were actually looking to be a thing
>>
>>343973576
The name and marketing. Hell calling it the "Super Wii" would have made more people buy it.

It's sales were stunted for that reason which then caused third parties to avoid it (the gimmick is even much more manageable than the Wii yet this platform got shit on), and the first party line-up on release was shallow.

It's a good console now and fairly cheap, a perfect pair if you already own a good PC. It has the best exclusives line-up now.
>>
File: 1467657234494.png (441 KB, 1244x365) Image search: [Google]
1467657234494.png
441 KB, 1244x365
>>343973952
>The GamePad was a decent idea

I honestly and objectively wasn't. Being forced ot look down at the gamepad from the main screen takes away from immersion, it's a gimmick
>>
Droughts
>>
It had basically zero third party games. You either love mario you the entire console is useless to you.

A lot of problems with the first party games too being really mediore, shit controls, or horrible localization and censorship.

It has like 5 decent-ish first party games none of which are worth buying a console for and it dies next year after the release of it's final game.
>>
It was an excuse for them to sell outdated hardware at the same price range as sony and microsoft.

>>343973952
>executed poorly in games
It's executed poorly on the OS level. You can't use the buttons in vWii and you need the tablet to access the wii u's system settings. Every part of how the tablet was designed and implemented was a terrible idea.
>>
Even vita has more games then the Wii-U.

It's fucking pathetic.
>>
A big one was the fact that they remained with PowerPC architecture when everyone else went x86. That meant no more ports.
>>
>>343973576
>we managed to sell the most consoles in the last gen by marketing to people who don't usually play videogames
>let's try to market to hardcore gamers now even though we have no idea how to make and optimize a current gen game
>lets give it a terrible name too, and do nothing to quell the persisting rumor that this new console is simply an add-on for the Wii
>what can possibly go wrong, I mean we're Nintendo, we can't mess up
>>
>>343974603
The OS is better too. Wii U has no multitasking.
>>
>>343974815
Yeah, this.
>>
>>343974815
/ fucking thread.

They dropped core gamers and third party and it bit them in the ass, at this point though it's not a market they'll ever get back since it had been slipping from them since the gamecube and they just let it happen. The only way Nintendo stands a chance is if Japanese publishers willingly help them out of their own good of heart
>>
>>343974603
Sure the Vita has more Ps3 ports and shifty indie titles. It has way fewer exclusives, and every decent new IP has been ported to the Ps4
>>
>>343973576
it would of been the best if it had a tramua center
but it didn't
it was shit
>>
>>343975326

Vita has way more exclusives.

The denial is strong with you.
>>
>>343975326
Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, Killzone: Mercenary, P4G, Lumines, etc., are still Vita exclusives.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion but I wouldn't say the Vita has way fewer exclusives.
>>
>>343973576
>Poor marketing
>Refusal to let go of the Wii branding caused customer confusion
>Gimmick controller
>Weak hardware
>Horrible online shop
>No new Zelda game until the end of the consoles life
>Several big games that were poorly received
>near complete lack of third party support
So much went wrong
>>
File: 1460798631804 (2).jpg (13 KB, 160x164) Image search: [Google]
1460798631804 (2).jpg
13 KB, 160x164
>tfw own a vita and the wiiU
>Get shit on SOnyfans and Nintedn fanboys daily

That being said, the vita library is a lot more fleshed out and varied, really it has a ton of games that cover many genres
>>
>>343974503
>outdated hardware at the same price range as sony and microsoft.
it was $100 cheaper than their consoles.
>>
File: i-H43Rv38-2100x20000.jpg (422 KB, 2100x1052) Image search: [Google]
i-H43Rv38-2100x20000.jpg
422 KB, 2100x1052
>>343973952
The gamepad was a great idea, but NO ONE FUCKING TOOK ADVANTAGE OF IT

You need to have some 4 v 1 shit.
>>
>>343976243
That's still $100 overpriced and I dont think it's dropped from $300 since the PS4 and Xb1 have both seen price drops. It was alwasy $200 more expensive than it should've been
>>
>>343976243
When it came out it was only competing with the PS3 and Xbox 360
>>
>>343973801
The pad is really comfortable, it's one of my favorite controllers of all time. And it has like 10 good games or so, that's 10 times more than the PS4.
>>
File: 1467747001044.png (320 KB, 656x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467747001044.png
320 KB, 656x1000
>Mario 3D World
>Mario Kart 8
>NSMBU+NSLU
>Super Smash Bros Wii-U (Not Exclusive)
>Bayonetta 2
>Bayonetta 1
>Mario Maker
>Yoshi Wolly World
>Pikmin 3
>Wonderful 101
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>Hyrule Warriors
>Windwaker HD (Not exclusive)
>Twlight Princess HD (Not exclusive)
>Zelda U (Not exclusive)
>Pokken
>Xenoblade X
>#FE (Only good if you use the uncensored patch)

Please tell me how this library is good if you can.
>>
>>343976595
Its one of the better Nintendo controllers but that isn't saying much since Nintendo cant fucking design a good comfortable one.
>>
>>343976987
The SNES pad was god-tier though
The gamecube controller would've been really good too if it weren't for the shitty face buttons
>>
>>343974208
>best exclusives
if you want to play the same mario game over and over again...I guess?
>>
>>343977194

This.

Wii-U is basically a mario machine.
>>
>>343976867
I would like to hear a justification for this as well.
>>
>>343976867

Hyrule Warriors isn't even exclusive, It's the best version, but not exclusive.
>>
>>343976867
>bayonetta 1
That's not exclusive either
Hyrule warriors also got a port

It's not that good but it doesn't have a lot of competition either.
This gen is shit so far.
>>
>>343973576
It cost too much at launch. That's basically it.
>>
>>343976867
>>Mario 3D World
Worth playing once
>>Super Smash Bros Wii-U (Not Exclusive)
It's the definitive version though, and it's actually a fun game
>>Bayonetta 2
>>Bayonetta 1
These are fun
>>Mario Maker
This can actually be a really good game, especially if you're very platformer savvy and know how to make a good level. If you want to find good levels you have to go on the internet and look for them, because random levels suggested by the game can be crappy.
>>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Worth playing once
>>Pokken
This is actually a really fun game, but unfortunately the hype for it died out a few weeks after its release.
>>Windwaker HD (Not exclusive)
>>Twlight Princess HD (Not exclusive)
>>Zelda U (Not exclusive)
I don't see why the fact that these will be on the NX matters. We didn't know, so many people bought the Wii U versions. Also, assuming the NX version of BotW will be better in some way, just reminds me of the people who thought the Wii version of TP would be far superior. Also, WW and TP are actually solid games.
>>Mario Kart 8
>>NSMBU+NSLU
>>Yoshi Wolly World
>>Pikmin 3
>>Wonderful 101
>>Hyrule Warriors
>>Xenoblade X
>>#FE (Only good if you use the uncensored patch)
All shit

Also, you forgot Splatoon which is one of the greatest Wii U games. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the Wii U library, it's an 8/10. It's actually one of Nintendo's better consoles.
>>
>can count number of publishers who produced wii u games on one hand
It was bound to be a failure
>>
>>343976595
>And it has like 10 good games or so, that's 10 times more than the PS4.

I can taste the salt of Nintendo fanboy that wrote this. It is not our fult no one cares about Nintendo.
>>
>>343976867
Only games I wouldn't recommend out of that whole list are XCX and hyrule warriors
>>
>>343978326
>everyone who disagrees with my shit taste is a "fanboy"
Wow I can taste the salt you fanboy
>It is not our fult no one cares about Nintendo.
And it's not my fult the PS4 only has one game. Sorry not everybody likes the idea of a console with only one game I guess?
>>
>>343978806
>posting in a nintendo thread and seriously arguing that the ps4 has one game
>nuh-uh you can't call me a fanboy because I didn't explicitly call myself one
sure thing
>>
>>343976867
>#FE (Only good if you use the uncensored patch)

so the game becomes magically good if the characters show their titties?
>>
>>343978806

Wii-U has one game too.

It's called Bayonetta 2.

Rest of it nintendo shovelware.
>>
>>343979351

No, but I have no idea why you'd want to play the US release that look like something that came straight out of 4kids.

I couldn't
>>
>>343978806
>Sorry not everybody likes the idea of a console with only one game I guess?
>says this while defending wiiu

kek
>>
>>343973816
Not everything was wrong.
>>
>>343976867
The uncensored patch is out?
>>
>>343978684
Xenoblade X is the best game of the console...
I bought the console just for this.
>>
>>343977494
>best

It only has better graphics. Even the frame rate on Legends is better if you're using a N3DS
>>
>>343982147
>Even the frame rate on Legends is better if you're using a N3DS
Is this actually true? I really want to play Hyrule Warriors but I don't see a Pii U investment in my near future
>>
>>343981803

Yes, It's been out since like few days after the game was released in the US
>>
>>343976867
>>343981803
>patch
Wait, you can do this for Wii U games? Is the piece of shit pirateable now?
>>
>>343982556
>Is the piece of shit pirateable now
where the fuck have you been son
Even the Wii U emulator is making progress
>>
>>343973801
mainly this, focus the entire console so fucking hard on the gamepad (even people tought that the gamepad was the entire console for a really lonng time) and release game with zero use of the frigging gamepad.

>Want to change the equipment? how about instead of pressing L and R like any other console you have to separete your face from the tv, click on the item you cant, and look above again. That was like 99% of the way games used the fucking gamepad
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.