[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melee's fox vs brawl's meta knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1280x720
I'm certain this has been asked before but I think it's interesting enough to warrant asking.

Who, in your opinion, would win in a match between Melee Fox with all his Shine tricks and Melee's ATs intact aggainst the brawl version of Meta Knight.
>>
>>343969863
Metaknight, he had to be nerfed in PM.
>>
Competitive Melee/Sm4sh should not be in the line-up at Evo.
>>
MK obviously
Fox is easy to gimp if you can fly
>>
>>343969969

t. fgcuck
>>
>>343969967
And despite that he is still a top tier in PM
>>
Fox up smashes meta knight into oblivion when he inevitably trips.
>>
>>343969863
What about hitstun?
What about hitstun cancelling?
What about weight and psychics on each game?
Blastzones?

This is too vague and too autistic if you want a true answer. That's why death battle was created.
>>
In melee physics, fox would still be top tire.
In brawl physics, MK.
>>
>>343970798
operates on Melee physics. This means he can wave dash, L cancel, multi-shine, and all that other tech nonsense. He has Melee fall speed, Melee damage, and his moves have Melee hitstun.
-Meta Knight works as he did in Brawl. He has transcendent priority, he can glide, has unlimited air dodges, and things like that. However, he can also trip.
>>
>>343971368
That would mean most hits on Fox would make have little hitstun, have relative high knockback, making it impossible to combo. Fox would absolutely destroy MK since he has more combo and kill potential with those rules, regardless of stage of any game.

Also frame-1 shine, so it's pointless.
>>
>>343971894
Fox would never get back to the stage though and he only has one air dodge to deal with MKs aerials
>>
MK would not be heavy enough to waveshine.

MK's mobility is not that great though so he'd be susceptible to laser camping on the right stages, also to drill shines

MKs thing in Brawl is that he can juggle when no one else can, but everyone already juggles Fox 0-death in Melee so he's used to it

It'd be 70:30 in Fox's favor. Fox wins on PS and DL, has slight favor on BF and YS and MK wins on FoD and FD.
>>
>>343972756

If Fox goes offstage, he dies. Period. MK is unedgeguardable for fox. having four recovery moves that are all safe, and he can glide under the stage. Meta Knight is a brawl character, and can therefore grab the ledge from behind. Fox can't do that, so Meta knight pretty much always wins offstage.

Any half decent brawl player can gimp fox with minimal effort.
>>
File: 1462654367216.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462654367216.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>343970579
>>
Anyone got the link for the MK vs Ice Climbers which they spent almost a minute doing literally nothing?
>>
>>343973524
As long as Fox DIs up he'll have no trouble getting back to stage because MK is a fastfaller. Also Marth/Puff have much more threatening edgeguard games on Fox and he still manages

Likewise MK will have no trouble recovering from above the stage, but once he drops low he'll easily fall prey to Armada shines. Nonetheless if Fox is struggling to edgeguard he can just UThrow to UAir for sub-100% kills
>>
>>343970798

I guess the best way to approach it is that a character's attacks have the hitstun and other properties of its own game (of course, this means that when damaged they'll get the hitstun from the opponent's game), plus all movement techniques and ledge properties.

Properties that were disadvantageous for the character remain, so Fox will still be bullied by edge-hogging while Meta Knight can trip and fall on his fucking face.
>>
Can they defeat Evil Donald?
>>
>>343974472

>but once he drops low he'll easily fall prey to Armada shines

I don't meet many Fox players so I haven't tried it, but wouldn't dimensional cape as recovery get past the shine?

Also while we're at it let's add 64 Pikachu and... Fuck, who's number 1 in sm4sh this patch?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.