[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The pain won't go away, /v/ https://youtu.be/3IofP3RJqAo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
The pain won't go away, /v/
https://youtu.be/3IofP3RJqAo
>>
File: More.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
More.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
I can still feel it.

It feels like the hype is still there.

It still hurts.
>>
>>343970238
HOLD THE FUCK ON

Is that from the Kenna - Hell Bent Music Video?
>>
>The content I lost

>The third chapter I lost

>It wont stop hurting

>It's like it's all still there
>>
>to this very day there are anons who actually believe DD is a wolf
>>
I'm 25 and I don't think I've ever been so excited for something. Waking up in the middle of the night to play TPP before work was like 10 childhood Christmas mornings combined for me.

Fuck Kojimbles and Konami.
>>
The whole point of all of this is dangling in front of every single one of your faces, yet you all still can't see it. The lackluster story, the "cut content", the empty characters, it's all part of the meta-narrative.

MGS4 was the definitive end of the series. It wrapped up almost every significant loose end. The nitty gritty details surrounding Big Boss's fall from grace was what MGSV was supposedly going to be about, and no doubt that's what you all wanted to see, but the reason that this game just so happened to be made AFTER the definitive end of the series is because all of those details are superfluous and can already be extrapolated from what is shown in 3 and Peace Walker. The only thing you need to understand about that period in the narrative is what exactly Big Boss felt. How can you convey authentic feelings like that through a video game? Easy. You design it in such a way that the gamer will feel actually, tangibly feel some degree of disappointment and loss.

Kojima is a master of all aspects of the medium. He has transcended its usual limitations in the past. You must remember that this is the man who made MGS2, the trickery seen in that game isn't at all unlike what we can observe in V.

>"You feel it too, don't you?"
>>
>>343972642
Here come the "it was supposed to be shitty" argument.

There are plenty of ways to make the player feel what the protagonist is feeling without making a shitty game. Did you read the reactions of people on the board after killing the quarantined soldiers? That was basically the only part of the content that got an emotional rise out of people.

Kojima just overshot the project and made a thematic mess he couldn't clean up.
>>
>>343973480
Here comes the "non-argument"

Wait, why did I include quotations? It actually is a non-argument!
>>
>>343973652
How is that not an argument? I basically said a compelling narrative is a better way to create "authentic feelings" in your player than having the game stop half way through.
>>
>>343972642
I think the biggest twist of all was not that you aren't big boss, but rather that Zero a.k.a. Cypher is already a vegetable by the time the game begins
>>
>>343974047
That's not an argument, that's just your own butthurt opinion on the matter.
>>
>The hype I had
>the classes I skipped
>the sleepless nights
>The tears down my face when quiet left
>They were all for nothing
>In the end, it was ALL for nothing
>>
>>343972642
>>343974342
I think in the end, we all ended up making our own individual endings for ourselves. Some of them meta, some of them not.

To me, you play the entire game as a big boss impersonator, and then it abruptly ends once you find this out.

I think Kojima is saying that in the end, we all still create our own path, and the ending is YOU, personally, going out into the world and creating your own legend in your own life.

He killed hype and video games for me permanently. It won't feel the same after this. You feel it too, dont you?
The world calls for men, not manchildren playing games anymore.
Go into the real world, and be your own big boss.
>>
>>343973480
>>343973652
I'm not that guy and I'm just saying that it's possible: my guess is that this was a "make do" for the meta (for the game's theme) accounting the break up with fund cutting, distrust and pressure for release from konami plus 4 being the "death" of metal gear, anyway.
>>
>>343974217
I believe Kojima wanted to answer Big Boss's question at the end of MGS4 about if he wondered if Zero really hated or feared him. Neither! Great respect, Zero was actually a good guy and just wanted his baka back.
>>
>>343974231
I feel so sorry for you, your delusion has gone so far to justify the game being unfinished. You're truly beyond saving.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.