[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so mediocre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Why was it so mediocre?
>>
Because open-world is a shitty meme.
>>
>>343967479
It would have been 10/10 with synchronized open world multiplayer.
>>
>>343969112
>mmo
>nintendo
>>
>>343967479
because the combat was still autoattacking garbage and the terrible OST, generic "roll your own" protagonist, unlikeable characters, mechs that trivialized actual exploration.
>>
It was a better Xenoblade Chronicles with a worse story and characters. And better music
>>
combat is absolute FUCKING GARBAGE, music is hit or miss, plot is pretty underwhelming, so much filler and grinding between story bits, LETS EAT TATSU, game suffers from the shitty online mode (such as having a voiceless generic PC).

I really just wish they went with some kind of pure action RPG combat system, would have been much better
>>
>>343971765
>And better music
seriously, how can anyone think this? jesus fuck
>>
>>343972250
Because Shimomura is shit, and there are more good songs in X than Ace+ songs
>>
>>343967479
Nothing can top the first game, so it's just subpar, not really bad.

Ironically, the SE included a thumbdrive with the OST - which is terrible and forgettable.
>>
Exploration and the environments were great. They made you work for the Mechs, which was nice, but at the same time once you have them it trivializes a lot of the game and there's no reason to really ever get out of them.

I would have liked to see more stuff you could do to develop the colony, like the water purifier. More infrastructure development, maybe add to the interior of the colony, it even had a big unused quarter that would have been perfect.

Game was great, and as always it's not hard to imagine how it could have been even better. Still a rare gem. Music was good but needed more variety. Or longer loops. Got painfully repetitive.

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR
>>
>>343972389
>Shimomura is shit
kill yourself for god's sake
>>
>>343972389
so you live to be a contrarian? got it.
>>
>>343972389
>Because Shimomura is shit

(you)

is that what you wanted? well there you go. now fuck off.
>>
>>343972571
Not only is it shit, but Xenoblade is one of her worst works. Tell me ONE Shimomura song in Xenoblade that is better than ANY of the Ace+ songs.
>>
>>343972119
what's the appeal of this sort of combat? who honestly thinks it's good? is that what MMOs are like? where the game just plays itself?
>>
>>343972693
which songs did she do?
what's considered her best work?
>>
>>343972818

Pretty much. Just set a bunch of specials, and activate them as soon as the cool down runs out.

I wish i understood how to make the most of this combat system, but there's just so many fucking numbers, and stupid little stats that you have to experiment with and lock yourself to one party with soul voices, etc
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (169 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
169 KB, 1280x720
>>343967479
It was fantastic, but 90% of the content was post-game only and was EXTREMELY grindy to get the post-game fun stuff. Don't even try to tell me grinding for tickets wasn't a pain in the ass.

Also, the menu clutter. Xenoblade chronicles was very crisp and concise with what was necessary on screen, although the QTE thing was a bit obnoxious (and I'm very disappointed they kept it and made it even more distracting rather than removing or changing it to stop obscuring the entire screen.)
The classes were very imbalanced too. If you want to fight the superbosses, you need one of a few very specific set-ups or you'll be one hit killed.
>>
>>343967479
cliffhanger ending in a game that probably wont get a sequel
>>
>>343967479

It basically took the worst parts of the first game and decided to make them the focus for some reason. It scrapped a lot of what made the first game good in favor of more shit to grind to 100% for the sake of it. I dumped a good 50 hours into it and both the gameplay and story never really went anywhere.
>>
An open world as empty as all the other open world games out there

At least it looks good I guess
>>
Easily my goty with rocket league second.

I fucking love it. Fuck the haters
>>
>>343973630
/v/ loved the game when it came out and had quality threads for a long time.

I'm not sure why people are so negative about it all of a sudden.
>>
Is the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles worth playing? Selling my Wii U while I can still get something for it.
>>
>>343967479
the nigger hip hop ost kill it for me. and it looked generic as fuck.
>>
>>343967479
Complete absence of a main character in favor of character creation.
>>
Made sacrifices to accommodate multiplayer which isn't worthwhile. Elma and Lin every mission. Story is basically nothing, especially compared to it's predecessor. Mech combat is pretty slow and revolves around the worst mechanic which is a random chance to reset all cooldowns.

Still pretty fun though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.