[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Morrowind a good place to start with TES?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
Is Morrowind a good place to start with TES?
>>
>>343963278

This is probably a controversial opinion on this board, but I found it to be pretty dated.

I grew up playing Oblivion, and that still holds up well and is the best game in the franchise. I would start with that or skyrim
>>
>>343965370
How are the overhauls for graphics and gameplay?
>>
>>343965370

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion (at least without heavy modding)

Skyrim is just better oblivion. Morrowind is far better, and I played Skyrim and Oblivion before it.

>>343967323

All you need is MGSO
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
>>
>>343963278
Yes its the best place to start but also best place to stop as well.
>>
>>343968120
/thread
>>
>>343963278
if you are looking for a challenging adventure then yes
>>
>>343963278

Yes, ignore this >>343965370 faggot
>>
>>343963278
Play Morrowind first, then play Oblivion to see how the series changed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ
>>
>>343963278
The only thing that is better in Morrowind than the others is that you can actually find some dope ass items just wondering around in the world instead of having to do quests.
>>
>>343963278
Hard to say--people are different.
I got into Morrowind after beating Skyrim and LOVED it.
Played with MGSO 3.0 or whatever.
>>
>>343963278
No, start with Daggerfall
>>
>>343963278
Faggots will argue about this all day long but the honest answer, no matter which game you end up liking the most in retrospect, is yes.
>>
>>343970385
I played the fuck out of Daggerfall back in the 90's but it must be totally unplayable by now. It was so fucked up with bugs it was almost unplayable even at the time.

Disregard this advice, anon. Play Daggerfall after you've finished Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (in that order) if you just happen to feel like it. I doubt you'd stay with it long.
>>
>>343963278
If you can adjust to invisible dice rolls, then yes.

Otherwise, start with Oblivion.
>>
Newb question - what's the easiest class to play in Morrowind?
>>
>>343967946
I've tried MGSO, but my game won't start, I press play and nothing happens it just freezes.

I can play it using OpenMw tho, but then i don't get the sweet graphics updaterino
>>
>>343970748
stealth archer
>>
>>343970748
melee
>>
You guys think Skywind will be anything but shit?
>>
No. The game's only modern appeal is nostalgia. It probably feels very outdated and clunky. Play Oblivion instead.
>>
>>343970748
mage
>>
Morrowind is slow as fuck, like incredibly slow

It is intentionally paced like a snail so you think you're getting lots out of little content.
>>
>>343963278
No. Daggerfall is better in pretty much every way. Go play that instead.
>>
>>343965370
Oblivion is absolutely terrible. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the TES series in general (I've played all of them, starting with Arena), and while Arena and Daggerfall are definitely the 'least playable' today, Oblivion is objectively just the worst of all of them.

The core gameplay mechanics (level scaling, for instance) simply don't work. It's just a bad game.
>>
File: d5qnfj3.jpg (101 KB, 800x671) Image search: [Google]
d5qnfj3.jpg
101 KB, 800x671
>>343971089
I don't like the idea of it being based on Skyrim's engine.
-fast travel
-voiced dialogue
-skyrim mechanics
-skyrim interface

Way more interested in OpenMW and the potential modding it brings about, plus any ported Skywind assets.
>>
>>343970748
What you will want to do is create your own custom class, but since you have no idea how to do that yet, just pick a class and dick around. Pick something that looks fairly well-rounded so you can experiment with different types of play. Just don't get too attached because you'll likely want to go back and make a custom character after a little bit.

>>343971089
I'm looking forward to seeing the graphics but Morrowind with Skyrim gameplay is blasphemy.
>>
>>343971625
Got any other examples besides level scaling? I hated that shit too but you made a pretty big statement about how awful the game was with only that one reason.
>>
>>343971856
The level scaling is literally broken and doesn't work. You can make the game basically unwinnable for yourself by selecting Athletics as a major skill and then playing it a lot. That's not even an exaggeration.

The spell creation system was simplified to hell and STILL had nonsensical issues with spell costs (among other things).

The main plot is subjectively terrible AND objectively contradicts the established Elder Scrolls lore.

The dialog wheel. The goddamn dialog wheel.

The AI breaks constantly.

That's not even accounting for more general criticisms that should be apparent to any experienced gamer such as "the content itself is uninteresting and repetitive" and "the combat system is bad."

The other ES games also have bad combat, but the other content in in Morrowind is a lot better. Daggerfall is (in my opinion) a bad game, but at least it's functional and technical limitations are somewhat more excusable.

Arena is just a lousy, archaic piece of shit that wasn't even good when it came out.
>>
>>343971404

No, the game seriously has loads of content. How can that be denied? Many factions, many quests.
>>
>>343972548
Content is as thin and boring as Skyrim's except Morrowind doesn't have quest markers so it makes retards think they're actually doing stuff
>>
>>343963278

I recently played the tribunale expansion, and christ, the ruins of old mournhold are so fucking confusing. navigating them is just a nightmare
>>
One thing that Morrowind has over Oblivion and Skyrim is the fact that monster's and weapons don't scale to the players level. Seriously, fuck that aspect of Oblivion and Skyrim. Stop making level one the easiest level to play as. Also, Canon weapons, such as the Axe of Whiterun, change metal type and enchantment depending on your level. This really fucking sucks, and breaks immersion.

Not only that, but it makes me feel like there's really no point of leveling up if the enemies are going to stay the same difficulty. There's no sense of progression. This is just the fucking worse. The only point of having a system like this is to watch the numbers go up on your character.
>>
>>343972453
>You can make the game basically unwinnable for yourself by selecting Athletics as a major skill
So don't do that? It says in the fucking instruction manual to max out endurance early, and there's a rather generous difficulty slider in the options menu.
>The main plot contradicts the lore
How so? I'm genuinely curious.
>The dialog wheel. The goddamn dialog wheel.
Tedious, yes, but it's not a fucking crime against humanity.
>The AI breaks constantly.
What is the Unofficial Oblivion Patch?

>>343972548
Damn Todd, you're going for the long con here.

>>343973590
The lack of level scaling is actually the worst part of the game. You never fight anything other than wild animals or ash zombies for 90% of the game, and once you get your free disease immunity from the main quest, those cease to be a threat after about level 15 to anyone with a halfway decent build.
>>
>>343974105
>Knowing how to play the game rewards you by being the most powerful thing in the game.
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>343973590
Requiem in Skyrim did a great job at correcting this.
>>
>>343974304
>requiem
don't
>>
No.
Play the newest game.
Go back play the older games, you'll probably hate the older ones.
If you're into the newer ones, try to get 100% completion.
You might want more than one character.
After you fucking owned the shit out of it try the older games. Since FO4 came out the next elder scrolls probably will be coming out somewhat fast compared to how long it took for the morrowind to oblivion wait we had for fucking ever. plus they probably wont ever get a new game engine so the next one will be out before you can beat skyrim like that probably.
>>
>>343974535
What's bad about it?
>>
>>343974535
Sorry if it interrupts some of your waifu mods--it's still a great mod that makes leveling fun again, removes leveled loot, makes it feel like an RPG, and has pretty fun combat through the idea of 1-shotting enemies and being able to be 1-shot.
Might've been shit in 2014, but the latest release has been a fantastic release.
>>
>>343970748
Nig nog melee class, since spells are easy as fuck to dodge in Morrowind.
>>
>>343971640
>-fast travel
Disabled by default
>-voiced dialogue
Agreed, text works better and allows more possibilities
>-skyrim mechanics
define "mechanics"
>-skyrim interface
can be changed
>>
File: mw.jpg (314 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mw.jpg
314 KB, 1280x720
>>343975360
>can be changed
not that guy but lol
the only thing Skyrim modders have come up with is SkyUI which in all practically functions like vanilla, except now it displays lists of items and spells properly
>>
>>343965370
>Oblivion.
>Best.
More like babby's first TES.
>>
>>343975850
Say what you want about Oblivion, but it's version of Guild quests was the best one yet.
>>
>>343975850
New Vegas fans prefer Oblivion above all TES series.
They don't let things like bland settings get in the way of good storytelling.
>>
>>343975652
i actually don't mind skyrim's interface
There is just something nice about having everything separated rather than a single, shared screen like in morrowind, i give you the items/spells thing though
>>
>>343963278
If you want to play a RPG and manage stats/skills, and don't mind reading or quirky stat-based combat, play Morrowind.
If you don't care about stats and enjoy hitting things repeatedly, start with Skyrim.
I wouldn't recommend Oblivion first unless you're OK with starting over if you made a bad build. The game only gets progressively harder for struggling characters.
>>
File: 20160706135226_1.jpg (272 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160706135226_1.jpg
272 KB, 1280x960
I'm playing a file right now and its great.
I'm not abusing the game to much no op alchemy or super op stat boosted enchanting.
Just doing a weapon master (100 Skill in weapon and armor) who only will only use bound weapons.
My fast travailing is a recall spell to the mages guild and a enchanted belt that does 100 jump for 1 second on self.
I can make it form Caldera to Balmora or Aldrun in one jump that is faster then running though the mages guild.
Its great I'm wearing so much stuff move really fast kill every thing and I build it up form nothing.
Morrowind is great to me because you go from man who runs at 2 kmph to super sanic god of the world.
>>
File: notajah.jpg (91 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
notajah.jpg
91 KB, 641x480
>>343976119
i hate the new age modern "minimalist" shit of white and black and thin lines everywher, and that font!
and i've never liked lists of words

icon based systems are a must for any game that has loot desu lad
>>
>>343975994
What do you mean by "version" here?
>>
>>343976564
I mean that the Guild quests were the most creative and fun in Oblivion than any other game in the series.
>>
>>343963278
It's the only good TES game. Kind of an amazing fluke really.
>>
YOU
DOUBLE N'WAH
>>
You'll hear people complain about the dice roll system in Morrowind and those people are morons. They likely picked up Oblivion first and have this warped view of picking stats where if you use long blades you don't pick long blades.

If you play Morrowind and actually make intelligent choices for what weapons/race/skills you'll use you will hardly notice a miss after the first hour.
>>
>>343976956
That's what I figured, it was just a weird way of saying it. But yeah I specifically loved the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. I don't remember thinking their guild quests were the best all around though.
>>
File: 1441566910153.webm (3 MB, 1096x684) Image search: [Google]
1441566910153.webm
3 MB, 1096x684
>>343977664
skyrim doesn't even have guilds
rly makes u think about how much the bed has been shat in
>>
>>343976119
There's absolutely nothing nice about it, unless you consider having to scroll endlessly through menus and wasting your time "nice".
>>
File: 1365552183510.png (13 KB, 494x506) Image search: [Google]
1365552183510.png
13 KB, 494x506
>>343977587
Yeah. Starting with 45 in a weapon skill + full stamina gives you a 70% chance-to-hit. That's really good. Exactly how is a Skyrim n00b with 15 long blade, for example, able to NEVER MISS? just not realistic.
>>
>>343977664
I like most of the Thieve's guild quests. Specifically, I like the quest where you had to shoot an arrow with a key on the end of it at a small crevice from very far away while also staying on a pressure switch.
>>
>>343977587
I don't mind the dice roll system for melee combat, but it's frustrating with ranged weapons, because you don't know if you missed because of the dice roll or because you have shitty aim.
>>
>>343963278
No, the only people who like it are the 90's babies that got to play it on their older brother's so it was literally baby's first rpg. The game is ugly, buggy, and a gameplay nightmare. It also ruined the franchise by being gimped by the xbox, so a lot of TES features had to be cut as well as having a shit UI. If you want to start with the worst TES installment then Morrowind would be the perfect starting point.
>>
>>343977821
WTF are you on about mate? Yes it did.
>>
>>343978053
If you're trying to insinuate that the Companions are the Warrior's Guild and that some tiny college is the Mage's Guild then you should just neck yourself my man.
>>
>>343978151
They fit the same role in the game. If you didn't like them because they were different, that's fine, and in fact I'd agree with you. But that's different from saying Skyrim didn't have guilds.
>>
File: 8_34_16.jpg (927 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8_34_16.jpg
927 KB, 1920x1080
>>343978323
The guilds were state sponsored. The Empire depended on the guilds. Skyrim had no guilds.
>>
>>343978459
Seems like you're really splitting hairs to me. Also it literally had the Thieves Guild.
>>
File: 1425892587377.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425892587377.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>343978906
o rite
>>
>>343963278
Yes, the best tes and an amazing game overall. I'm gonna reinstall it again.
As of oblivion vs. skyrim, I personally like both about the same. Oblivion has way better written quests, that are actually interesting and engaging, but skyrim is a lot comfier and has better, polished gameplay and graphics.

On a side note, recently I got to try TESO out just to fill my craving for more tes, after about half an hour of playing... it's a fucking broken piece of shit. Does it get better with time, or should I just fucking delete it and forget forever as a bad dream (like I initially intended)?
>>
>>343979023
I haven't played ESO since it was new. I was all fucking over it as soon as it launched (I even woke up early Pacific time) and played for like 2-3 months but it was shit then. A few people on here have told me it's better now, so if you still think it's shit today then you can imagine. I'll probably get around to fucking with it again eventually someday when I'm bored enough but I'm certainly in no hurry.
>>
>>343979023
It was only worth playing because it was a new MMO to grind in for a few months and have fun with the player economy and being the richest.
And the RvR was okay for a time, but still didn't compare to even GW2 (and it hasn't been updated EVER).
>>
>>343979023

Play up through some of the Dunmer areas for that nostalgia and then uninstall. Maybe when they introduce the new level system it'll be worth it as a casual thing.
>>
File: ner.jpg (69 KB, 545x579) Image search: [Google]
ner.jpg
69 KB, 545x579
>>343979759
play for khajiit
>>
>>343965370
>grew up
>oblivion
Ugh, I feel old.
>>
>>343981639
Yiff in hell
>>
>>343979345
I remember my tes-loving lads told me that eso is pretty good when it came out, but they didn't stick because they can't english very well, and it's not translated as far as I know. That what drove me to try it, but admittedly I was sceptical.
What bugs and irritates me the most is how fucking ugly it looks - both world design, graphics, animations, effects - fucking everything just looks and feels so bad. And there is also like 25fps, which is beyond annoying.
Maybe it's just that I played it on ps4
>>
File: tes races ranked.png (212 KB, 1000x2414) Image search: [Google]
tes races ranked.png
212 KB, 1000x2414
Reminder that this is the correct ranking.
>>
>>343982138
>50% magic resist
>Only good tier
>>
>>343982138
I hope they correct the Dunmer god situation in TES6. Reading all those Redoran texts of Soltsheim in Skyrim... :(
>>
>>343982138
>argonians
>conquerors
>when they want nothing more than just being left in peace and reclaim the land Dunmer took from them, which they did and fucked off

Top kek. That and Talos>Tribunal. They were false gods through and through.
>>
>>343982553
Yeah, Talos really contributes to society every day! He's just as shit as the rest of the Divines now.
>>
File: Crassius_Curio.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Crassius_Curio.png
1 MB, 600x1000
Don't mind me, sweetie.
Just being the best NPC in Morrowind.
>>
File: Faggot Elf meme.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Elf meme.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>343982643
>Be Sheogorath
>Comfy because being the God of Madness is fun as fuck.
>My entire job is to just fuck with mortals every day.
>MFW people still worship the nine despite them never doing anything noteworthy ever.
>>
If you want story, lore and an RPG, play Morrowind
If you want action and graphics, play Skyrim
If you want to hang yourself by the end of the day, play Oblivion
>>
>>343981991
I don't know about the PS4 version. It was PC only when I played. It looked okay for an MMO, but that's setting a low bar.
>>
>>343983107
People still worship them because otherwise they'll be burned alive by the holy church for being a heathen.
>>
>>343983672
>setting a low bar
Exactly the reason why I just might play for another hour or so. I don't know, with it pretending to look like skyrim, it doesn't look like mmo at all, which makes it really challenging to let some half-assed mechanics slide. Wow looks great because it doesn't pretend to have good graphics, and camera never lets you see things close enough to recognize low resolution. SWTOR is the same.
But eso just plain feels like shittier version of skyrim. Hell, even morro looks better
I don't know mane, I feel like a complete hypocrite for hating on the game I barely played just because muh graphics
>>
>>343984248
When it first came out people in chat praised the graphics endlessly and I was completely baffled because the artstyle seemed to clash every which way (notably between the ground and trees and other objects).
It's a weird lookin' game.
Combat was fun for a time. As was being an ultra-rich player and waving it in front of everyone. Purely crafting and sitting in cities haggling with players was so fun (one of the best things about the game was that there was no centralized auction house).
>>
>>343969801
You actually think the lore and world building of Oblivion or Skyrim is better than Morrowind?
>>
The best part about Morrowind is being able to go around and ask people anything. Sure a lot of it was encyclopedic filler, but it gave you a good reason to explore, talk to everyone, find clues, etc.

Meanwhile in Skyrim you talk to someone and get no other option than to listen to their boring ass life story.
>>
>>343985771
I loved chatting to people in Morrowind. Though I think it could've used a divider between 'new information' and 'old' on the right-hand panel.
>>
>>343986578
True, also a lot of the dialogue choices that were generic or irrelevant could have been trimmed down because it quickly gets out of hand.
>>
File: 1464041892834.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464041892834.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>>
>>343987710
Taking ancestor worship to the next level.
>>
File: poses.webm (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
poses.webm
1 MB, 1280x800
>>343963278
No, Skyrim.
>>
>>343971404
>little content.
You haven't actually played Morrowind have you?
>>
>>343988189
>Picking any option other than rape
S'wit, please.
>>
File: poses2.webm (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
poses2.webm
2 MB, 1280x800
>>343988654
hey, never deny yourself the opportunity to explore
>>
>>343988189
>>343989102
What kind of autistic cringe mod is this?
>>
>>343989492
quite a few mods from loverslab.com
>>
>>343989492
Anon, if you want to play the mod, you can just ask.
>>
File: enb 2015_09_09 00_13_44_67.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
enb 2015_09_09 00_13_44_67.jpg
742 KB, 1920x1200
>>343989492
>>
>>343976119
you can click on different parts of the screen to hide each window of Morrowind's interface, dingus.
>>
I'd say either skyrim or oblivion is a perfect place to start. Either is great. Morrowind though, shit. I've been playing the elder scrolls franchise for ages and I still can't play morrowind. I'd never suggest that to be the starter for anyone coming to the franchise. They just won't play lol.
>>
>>343991254
Sure you have
>>
>>343963278
No, and I say that as a massive Morrowindfag who probably lists it in my top 3.

The game has not aged well, and mods can only really fix the graphics in that regard. Unless you're an oldfag and/or have a lot of 90's cRPG experience, you're going to have a very hard time getting into it.
>>
>>343967946
without heavy modding oblivion is the better game senpai
>>
>>343982138
> We're capable of stealing shit from other races that figured out how to be gods.
Fixed, free of charge.
>>
>>343963278
You should wait for openmw. Right now Morrowind either looks dated to shit or looks great but requires you to know how to use the graphics extender without killing your framerate.
>>
>>343963278

It's the best game in the series and one of my favorite games of all time but is admittedly hard to get into, so no, it's not the best to start with.

On the other hand, Oblivion is a broken mess with a mediocre combat system and a dreadful level scaling mechanic that punishes leveling up but also the best quests and guild questlines in the franchise, while Skyrim is just a nice looking game with terrible main, side and guild quests, repetitive dungeons, casualized to hell and back RPG mechanics and only slightly improved combat system. I guess Skyrim would be the easiest to get into if you're easily impressed by fancy graphics and "epic" encounters.
>>
>>343965370
I gotta agree, I reckon morrowind is probably an awesome game but I've seen vids of it and I just can't deal with the dated as fuck graphics.I'd definitely try out a remake if one was ever made, like skywind. if that one day comes to fruition I'll definitely try it out
>>
>>343963278
It's the best place to start with TES.
>>
>>343987710
there should be a dialogue option like: I dunno, but if you ride my cock like a bull I'll play dead all night long ;)
>>
>>343991968
>without heavy modding
what is even the point retard
>>
File: whoslaughingnow.jpg (25 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
whoslaughingnow.jpg
25 KB, 500x303
>Skyrim: you see that mountain? You can't climb it.
>Oblivion: you see those mountains? Wait, nevermind, no mountains here. Also no jungle.
>Morrowind: mountains beyond measure, outlander. You can climb them, jump over them or fly over them. Your choice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYX3AfM8-7U
>>
File: 1054748245.png (110 KB, 182x408) Image search: [Google]
1054748245.png
110 KB, 182x408
>>343963278
It's the one anyone should always start with.
>>
>>343996545
stop shilling your lets play everytime morrowind is posted, you cuck
>>
>>343996508
>fallout 3: you see that invisible wall over there? hahahahahaha
>>
>>343996508
>You can't climb mountains in Skyrim

What the fuck is this meme? You can climb every visible mountain in Skyrim.

Even one of the main missions requires you to climb High Hrothgar to reach the Greybeards.
>>
File: toddgun.png (419 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
toddgun.png
419 KB, 600x610
>>343996843
Go ahead and climb the druadach, jerall and velothi mountains for me, big boy.
>>
File: 1459171755071.png (226 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
1459171755071.png
226 KB, 500x467
>>343963278
If you want to torrent it sure.
Otherwise it is buyers regret material because it is extremely outdated.
>>
File: 42125-2-1340999299.jpg (289 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
42125-2-1340999299.jpg
289 KB, 1024x768
>>343996508
>Morrowind
>Mountains
Morrowind has always been sorely limited in terms of verticality, it was only the mountainous red mountain mod that adds a legitimate mountain and even then it's just one mountain.
>>
>>343997062
leave, skyrimbaby
>>
>>343995370
The problem with Skywind and Morroblivion is that they structurally can't really capture what made Morrowind great. Sure, it will look prettier and swords will animate right, but you lose so much by tossing out Morrowind's systems that Oblivion and Skyrim can't recreate.
>>
>>343970748
long blade/medium armour redguard.
>>
>>343963278

skyrim --> oblivion --> morrowind

that way it will feel like they actually added features
>>
>>343976258
can you get away with 1 slowfall point to negate fall damage from super jumps?
I always liked the fortify jumps stuff, you always see cool shit like that in movies.
>>
>>343976258
also... why did you take endurance as major skills? that tends to make leveling up endurance at the start a gigantic pain in the ass unless you hoard gold and use trainers a lot.
>>
File: Masterrace.jpg (143 KB, 640x997) Image search: [Google]
Masterrace.jpg
143 KB, 640x997
>>343999267
Yeah, a single point of (active) Slowfall stops you from taking any fall damage. It has to be active when you hit the ground, though, so be careful if you include it in the same spell you use to jump.

>>343999439
Actually, if you know what you're doing, having Endurance skills can be a big help in levelling it right from the start of the game (especially if you get a racial bonus so you can rely on it).
The fact that you're using them constantly means a steady increase over your levels, so as long as you've got a really low level dump skill with the same attribute you can train up really cheaply (in this case, Heavy Armour), it's quite easy to steadily increase your Endurance without worrying too much about min-maxing other training.
Being a filthy slave race, though, is unforgiveable
>>
>>343965370
Morrowind might have dated graphics, wikipedia terminal NPC's and obsolete combat mechanics, but Oblivion is a whole level of pure bad on it's own, but especially as a TES game.
>>
>>344000190
Well it's just there's only a few endurance skills and it's insane to train up heavy armor without a trainer if your trying to power level. Even having like spear as a major can be a massive pain to level up without trainers (morrowind was so nuanced about some shit I had no idea anything silver or above hurt daedra/ghosts would of made quite a bit of shit I did a lot easier I thought it was just silver/daedric/enchanted for years)
Even if you know what you're doing if you don't like have a roadmap of what your doing to level up it's easy to horse shoe yourself into a dead end where you can't pay for some of those skills above your attribute level unless you want to fuck around and temporarily try to boost that one attribute ten times at a trainer that might be hostile or have a fuck ton of hostile stuff around that's kind of a bitch to get to without the end game gear.
>>
File: 1439940441117.jpg (53 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1439940441117.jpg
53 KB, 500x434
>>343965370
>controversial opinion
No, not really. It's pretty much the consensus these days actually so sorry, no special snowflake points today.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.