[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Sakurai ever give a reason why he cut Wolf from Smash 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: hidden12.jpg (91 KB, 461x450) Image search: [Google]
hidden12.jpg
91 KB, 461x450
Did Sakurai ever give a reason why he cut Wolf from Smash 4? He gave explanations for everything else he did, yet was completely silent on this. It's not like he wasn't popular or liked, those were the reasons that let him get into Brawl. They didn't have to spend time changing his moveset. Star Fox Zero was in the works so that would have been more advertising and representation. And we got a third Marth, second Pit, and the return of Dr. Mario, so too many clones wasn't an issue. But nope, three Star Wolf themes and that's it, he doesn't even appear in the Orbital Gate stage despite playing a major part of that scenario in Assault.

Seriously, fuck you, Sakurai.
>>
Because he wasn't another FE pretty boy with a sword and counter special
>>
>>343960569
He has a knife on his gun and you can do a sort-of counter with his Reflector.
>>
>>343960940
But he isn't an effeminate Japanese swordsman
>>
>>343960335
Because he didn't actually have that much control over what DLC characters were made.
>>
>>343961660
Fuck off, Sakurai
>>
>>343961660
He had complete control over the non-third party content of Smash 4. No one was standing behind him telling him he couldn't put Wolf in.
>>
File: image.gif (495 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
495 KB, 320x240
>>343960335
I feel you
>rhythm heaven rep got cut
>dr mario stage got cut
>they wasted time developing a shitty marth
>smash tour
>>
Because he was a last minute addition in Brawl and was easy to make using Fox as his base model. Plus, Star Fox wasn't worth 3 reps and Zero is looking to keep it that way
>>
I'm glad he didn't make it in.
>>
>>343962016
Star Fox deserves three reps more than Fire Emblem deserves fucking 7.
>>
It was mentioned that the three DLC veterans were supposedly the most popular. I'm guessing he supposedly wasn't popular enough.
>>
>>343962016
>Because he was a last minute addition in Brawl and was easy to make using Fox as his base model.
And that was too difficult in Smash 4 why? Never mind that they already had a base with his Brawl data.

>Plus, Star Fox wasn't worth 3 reps and Zero is looking to keep it that way
It's hilarious listening to /v/irgins say what is worthy and what isn't worthy to be in Smash Bros, especially when it all amounts to "What I hate shouldn't be in and what I like should be".
>>
The amount of reps per series is really retarded. Mario and Pokemon having that many is understandable, although lucario staying in was stretching it, and zelda and the "retro" series seems well balanced. But why the fuck does FE get that many and donkey kong and metroid get so few, and don't say they can't add any of the metroid's bounty hunters because they're not well known when a good chunk of the roster is literally who's to the masses
>>
>>343962694
DK and Metroid aren't very active franchises anymore, FE is. I don't like it but that's the correlation I'm seeing.
>>
>>343960335
He didnt want to see Wolf get hurt because hes too cute.
>>
>>343962694
It's all about advertising. Fire Emblem is the newest worldwide craze so they shill the shit out of it in Smash. Uprising was Sakurai's personal baby which is why 1/3 of Smash 4 is Uprising shit. Mario is the mega-flagship franchise while Pokemon is second in line.

You say Zelda is well-represented, but Sakurai couldn't be assed to update the characters' designs because Ganondorf and Sheik weren't in Skyward Sword and he didn't want to replace them with Ghirahim and Impa or something similar, so they just ported over the models and made them more colorful. Japan doesn't give a shit about Metroid, Star Fox, or Donkey Kong, so they get jack shit. Same with the retro and classic franchises/games, Sakurai even said that if a character has no future or upcoming game and if few people recognize it they're never getting onto the roster until such time as they do. It's the main reason the Ice Climbers were cut, yeah the 3DS being shit had something to do with it but instead of fixing it he cut them because they were low-priority and had nothing upcoming. So don't get your hopes up for Takamaru, Saki, or anyone else in the Assist Trophy bin getting onto the roster in 5, Little Mac only made it because he had a Wii game after Brawl came out.
>>
>>343962848
Fire Emblem is not active enough for 7 fucking characters.
>>
>>343962223
Nah. Fire Emblem has too many of course but Star Fox is fine at 2.
>>
>>343963359
Turns out you're incorrect.

The only bad one was Lucina and maybe Roy.
>>
>>343964517
At least Roy was made a lot better in 4. Lucina should have stayed an alt costume.
>>
>>343964605
To be fair Lucina is the only one I am actually upset about being in 4 but I do wish other games besides FE got some of that love.
>>
>>343962694
Fire Emblem has a shitload of playable protagonists to use while Metroid basically has Samus and Samus alone. Everyone else is too minor or too big.
>>
File: big dog 14.jpg (21 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
big dog 14.jpg
21 KB, 400x500
Too many fucking furries.
>>
>>343964605
>Lucina should have stayed an alt costume.
Except she'd still be playable. The only thing that would change would be the number of faces on the select screen.
>>
>>343965751
There are people wearing animal suits who think they're animals in smash?
>>
>>343961954
You're fucking retarded if you think that Rhythm Heaven was EVER getting a rep.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.