[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dragon age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: dragon-age-inquisition.jpg (870 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragon-age-inquisition.jpg
870 KB, 1920x1080
Just got to skyhold and I'm enjoying this more and more as the world opens up. Is this game really as bad as /v/ says? The early game is a fucking abomination for sure but I can't shake the feeling that i'm starting to have a great time with this game. What do you guys think about DAO:I , honestly?
>>
The combat was way worse than the previous entries. The dumbass AI and lack of tactical depth of the first game, it's just... it's just SHIT!!
>>
I really like how much flavor text they put in between all the different combinations of party members, also how much extra dialogue arises from me playing as a qunari.
>>
>>343959201
I definitely agree that the combat doesn't feel as good as 2, I never played the first so I cant really speak on that. It's still fun to me though, just because its a step down doesnt mean its worthless in my opinion.
>>
>>343959013
The game is painfully mediocre. You are still early in, but the fetch quests will get old by 20 hours in. But if you do them all you can stretch the game to 90+ hours. Shit is just boring after a while.
>>
>>343959225
>I really like how much flavor text they put in between all the different combinations of party members
I found a lot of the banter rather dull and it doesn't help that even when it's not bugged it plays like once every 3 hours. DA2 bantz was better, even Hawke by themselves had banter
>>
its a good game, nothing spectacular. the problem i that witcher 3 came and made almost everything better.
>>
>>343959807
I hate hate hated the hinterlands for that reason, It seemed like things were getting more dire and meaningful after skyhold.
>>
Unironically a better game than The Witcher 3 in every way, /v/ only hates it because MUH SJW'S.
>>
>>343960130
the quip shit I disliked, but the actual conversations were tight.
>>
>>343960450
explain why, everyone seems to like the witcher more, what are your criteria.
>>
File: Dole.png (121 KB, 238x319) Image search: [Google]
Dole.png
121 KB, 238x319
DAI had some pretty big issues, sure but overall i thought it was an improvement on 2 in almost every way.
I feel like for everything it did right it did something wrong as well.
It had a lot of content but it locked progression behind a real time timer which is an incredibly retarded mobile tactic that had no place in the game and punishes replaying it.
Gameplay was more engaging in most ways but for some reason you had to hold down the attack button all the time, even when using keyboard and mouse, i remember it being a problem on controllers in 2 but it made no sense on kb&m
Graphically the areas were incredibly good looking both aesthetically and technically but character models and hair especially were oily and generally really ugly.
Combat animations looked good while cutscene animations were the same awful stock bioware garbage.
I Liked it despite all that though, It was a solid 6.5 or 7 in my eyes.
Then again I liked Two Worlds 2.
>>
>>343960450
the only thing DA:I did better was the dungeons. there is a lot and have a great variety
>>
i loved the judgement bits, I would love a whole game of just that honestly.
>>
File: 1452320879000.png (255 KB, 494x586) Image search: [Google]
1452320879000.png
255 KB, 494x586
One of the worst games to come out in recent memory.

Terrible fucking writing and gameplay. It does everything 10x worse than Origins and DAII, even without counting all the characters being retarded tumblr pandering. And that's saying something, because DAII was awful too.
>>
>>343960924
not who you're talking to, but the witcher does everything DA tries to do a lot better

visuals, writing, gameplay, all of it. there's honestly not a single part of DA that I'd say is better than witcher's
>>
>>343959013
At least that dragon looks better than the one in Origins.
>>
>>343959201
This. I tried playing a Mage on my first playthrough. There's like fucking 6 spells.

Fucking Skyrim had more magic options. How the fuck do you screw that up so bad?
>>
>>343962465
>It's just better.
Excellent argument
>>
>>343962689
if you can't prove it isn't, it's all the argument I need

what else do you want me to say? they're essentially the same game, except one is good, and the other isn't.
>>
I actually just finished Dragon Age: Origins and it was pretty mediocre. It was a cross between World of Warcraft combat and DnD combat. The only thing that kept me going was role playing as a stupid and evil character and laughing at all of my foolish choices and decisions.

I'll never forget the beginning where the wounded/dying soldier wanted me to deliver his message but I just ignore him, kill him, and tell my companions he looks dead. That game had some great evil shit you could do.
>>
>>343962465
>>343962689

They're both shit tier games, difference is, Inquisition is an actual RPG and not an overglorified cinematic adventure
>>
>>343959013
Shit combat, absolutely everything was dumbed-down from Origins, which itself was dumbed-down from previous titles by the same developer.

Fewer equip slots, fewer command slots for your AI party, fewer commands for your AI party, fewer skill trees, fewer skills in said trees, fewer spells, NO FUCKING HEALING SPELLS AT ALL, etc. Oh, but it's got gay/trans/whatever characters and a story it won't stop shoving in your face! That SURELY makes it a good game!
>>
>>343962465
DA: Origins is a better game and a better RPG than Witcher, Witcher just looks a lot nicer. It falls completely flat in the gameplay department.

DA:I is awful for lots of the same reasons Witcher isn't that great, but despite all its glaring flaws DA:I still manages to somehow, against all odds and expectations, have more and more fleshed-out RPG elements than Witcher, even if only very, very slightly.
>>
>can't use the d-pad on the start menu
I was disappointing before I could even start the game.
>>
>>343962936
>if you can't prove it isn't
Prove your own points faggot, you don't walk up to someone on the street and say "I have X-ray vision, prove I don't."
>>
>>343964998
>have more and more fleshed-out RPG elements than Witcher, even if only very, very slightly.
>Choices that literally amount to nothing, not even giving you desperate endings
>Magic has been dumbed down from the 4 Schools to just Skyrim's ice, lightning, and fire
>One set of armor for mages
>Stiff and shitty animations reused from ME1
>None of the stuff about building keeps was there
>Collecting shards
>Endless fetch quests
W3 was more of an action game than an RPG and it still had better writing and quest design. Sorry senpai. At least W3 actually gave me three actually different epilogue a to go with the slideshows and didn't put the real ending in DLC.
>>
>>343965957
>and it still had better writing and quest design.
I don't give two shits about the writing, it's a video game, I'm playing for gameplay, and dialogue choices don't make a game an RPG. I'd just read the Witcher books if I only wanted to get the story, I'll play the game for the, you know, gameplay.

DA still, somehow, manages to have slightly better combat and actual gameplay. You can use weapons that aren't straight swords, you have more than four sword attacks, you have more than two viable spells (though there's still fuck-all for magic) etc. I'm not saying DA:I is good at all, it's just more of an RPG than Witcher and Witcher is incredibly overrated. I'd lump both these games in wit Skyrim too, they're all shallow shit in terms of gameplay and quest sturtcure, Witcher is just the most shallow with the fewest options in terms of combat and gameplay that isn't picking dialogue.
>>
File: 1467673837764.jpg (308 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1467673837764.jpg
308 KB, 960x960
Combat isn't great and becomes boring quickly, the War Map stories and quest should have been actual quest in-game instead of sending out your allies and only seeing results in text form.

The characters over all are Ok to Poor quality with the worse offender being Sera; BioWares attempt to make a tumblr/twitter incarnate in a human form

The expansion packs are a little bit more better but it's a stretch.

Side-Quest are MMO-tier and repetitive. They're not as bad as Dragon Age 2 with the same cave system you have to go into but it's still bad. When the Expansions weren't a thing the only way to get the best gear in the game was to go to a certain War Map mission and not complete it and farm CERTAIN chest in hopes of getting what you needed; the blueprints to the good gear (the only way to get it) and do the Dragon fights.

The Dragon fights are annoying and tedious and when the game first came out they could potentially push you out of the map when they did their hopscotch move. You're better off going Arcane Knight or whatever it's called in DA:I and spamming R1 or whatever the attack is to be immune to everything. Because fuck those dragon fights.

It's a mediocre game hyped up to insane levels. Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised
>>
>>343959013
You're almost at the end.

You think it's opening up, but you're about 2 missions from a ham fisted, rushed finale.

I loved 1, I actually thought 2 was one of the best videogame stories of all time so I loved it despite the shitty reused environments.

3 was the biggest disappointment I've felt since Diablo 3, although DA:I isn't in any way as horrendous as the gutter shit that was Diablo 3.
>>
>>343959343
>MMO mounts with horrendous animations.

>Cancerous WoW style "quests" instead of sidemissions.

>Mobile App style time-gating.

>Pyjamas only at home base, even during speeches meant to be rousing.

>No depth to combat whatsoever, built for demented console kiddies.

>Story abruptly ends just as it is beginning.

If it wasn't for the fun companions and the pretty sweet twist in the post credits scene, the game would have had no value whatsoever.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.