[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been working on this game for a couple of years, w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: gg1.png (288 KB, 1011x522) Image search: [Google]
gg1.png
288 KB, 1011x522
I've been working on this game for a couple of years, what do yoy think? Would you play it? Any suggestions? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmNDAPjfSdk
>>
>>343957232
That is one shaky camera. I like the floor to wall transitions though
>>
Definitely an interesting concept. Could be very fun if made multiplayer compatible. My only suggestion would be this: Change that Kill score and health percentage to a much more professional looking and aesthetically fitting font, and condense it into the lower left corner. Work on overall environmental detail a bit more, and you're looking good for a steam greenlight release. Keep working, bud. :^)
>>
>>343957232
Looks kind of cool. How does the gravity work though, if you're on the ceiling and throw a gernade at a guy on the floor, will it stick to the floor or fall back to the ceiling following your way of gravity?
>>
>>343957662
Thanks a lot. Do you have any examples of games with a really nice hud? I havn't actually been playing many FPSs recently
>>
>>343957894
I would say Battlefield 3 and Planetside 2 have some really nice HUD's.
>>
>>343957725
right now they all fall in the same direction. Thats one of the many glitches and why i dont have a playable demo yet. In the future they will fall in the direction of your feet when the grenade left your hand
>>
>>343957232
holy fuck that soundtrack reminds me on neotokyo so much
>>
File: red is the best part.png (324 KB, 965x519) Image search: [Google]
red is the best part.png
324 KB, 965x519
Any suggestions on making the levels a little less bland without making them too complicated? Any games I can look at for ideas?
>>
File: 1453765584532.gif (2 MB, 270x175) Image search: [Google]
1453765584532.gif
2 MB, 270x175
>>343957232
anon i'm not really sure what specifically it is that i'm critiquing, but i'm going to be brutally honest : you should scrap and start a new project, i am going to be mean but honest because it's people like you that work on games for years and give unity a bad name :

flatshaded stuff looks awful in 2016. some of your stuff is flatshaded, other parts arent, much inconsistency

your maps look like they have 2 million polys

the fighting looks terrible, are you really using actual projectiles for hit detection?

animations look very stiff

camera looks like shit and could be improved with camera movement bob

depth of field cuts in and out

player character aims gun in air while shooting forward

text on screen looks awful, needs border, a background, SOMETHING

the IDEA seems cool but even that is not unique, there is another anon that posts his game all the time in the game dev threads, it's an fps but same exact concept. in fact this walking on walls concept was in prey i'm prettty sure and that game has been out for 10 years

would i play it? maybe if you were just an idea guy and had a team of people to work for you, but even then you don't seem to know what is good
>>
got to say this looks like a really cool concept, hope you continue to work on it and get it working, maybe once its in a more playable state you could try giving into the temptations of kickstarter by releasing a demo of it with the crowdfunding or so.
>>
looks like shit op. scrap it
>>
File: 123523452346.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
123523452346.png
16 KB, 291x300
>>343957232

jfc that camera i fucking hate it when games have a camera like this, and I'm not just talking about a TPS.
The fact that the characters feet are off screen is beyond frustrating. It's too high just zoom the camera out and move it down a little so we can see everything for fucks sake
>>
>>343957232

I hate the character animatipns but I like the idea.

Might buy but I don't like shooters much

Can I play as Juri in the final game?
>>
I wouldn't play this, sorry.
>>
>>343958952

Mirror's Edge, maybe?
>>
It definitely needs a lot of polish so don't rush to release.
>>
>>343959065
This exactly the kind of suggestion I'm looking for. The game started out as a random fun experiment, but now I'm using it to get a foot into the actual gaming industry. I still have a lot to learn and a lot of glitches to fix but in the past 3 months people's responses have greatly improved. Its the negative comments that help me best decide what to fix next
>>
>>343958952
Well what's the game's setting?
Will help give an idea for level design
>>
Looks like absolute shit.
Next time pay the 20$ and just buy an ad, faggot.
>>
File: css gungame.jpg (71 KB, 620x526) Image search: [Google]
css gungame.jpg
71 KB, 620x526
>>343958952
>>
>>343959909
I actually aiming for something more psychadelic but I spend a lot more time on AI and animation than level design
>>
>>343958551
My friend did the soundtrack, check him out
https://m.soundcloud.com/caerobro
https://m.soundcloud.com/ishkabum
>>
>>343959065
Projectile hit detection is based
>>
>>343957232
This game would be better in first person, to be honest. Once you flesh out artwork, it would look great.
Need some artists?
>>
File: promo.jpg (171 KB, 1000x474) Image search: [Google]
promo.jpg
171 KB, 1000x474
>>343959835
if you are using unity to make the level design, or animate, download another modeling program immediately. i wish someone had told me this years ago. skip blender and get modo. play a third person game and take notes about the camera ( camera bob is super easy to add in unity, there are a ton of code snippets out there )

i would avoid projectiles and use raycasting for anything except bazookas and grenades. play a game like counterstrike, you don't even see the bullets.

sometimes the best projects you make are after you put a project on hold for a while and start fresh. know your resources; i found that i cannot model anything organic, so i downloaded makehuman which lets you choose different male and female bodies, choose the age, height, etc, then you can export to obj and open it in zbrush and extrude the mesh to make clothing. faces were not my strong suit, so i downloaded facegen which is what oblivion used. good luck anon
>>
>>343957232
Honestly, it looks really, really bad. The music made me chuckle though.
>>
>>343960613
In order to make a lot of the wall walkimg effects work well, you really need to know where your feet are so it needs to stay 3rd person.
>>
>>343960613
Yeah, i'm looking for artists, hit me up via youtube PM
>>
>>343960872
Thanks, I'll try out modo
>>
>>343958952
Contrast, like choose a primary, secondary and detail color for each level. Try keeping the primary for walls, secondary for floors and detail for eye catching stuff, like platforms or level hazards or just to add some splash of color.
>>
>>343957232
I really like the aesthetic of the levels and the music in the trailer. There are a few issues that have already been pointed out:

>Inconsistency
The player character doesn't look like it fits into the aesthetic set by the environments. The player is much more detailed than the environments around it.

>Arena shooter?
The opening shot in the trailer paired with the music got me pumped. At a glance, I expected this to be a game about exploring a mysterious world. This is the direction I would go in if I were you.

Do you have a web page for this project? I'd love to see what you make of it
>>
Damn man, I've been thinking like what if someone made a shooter where you can walk on the walls, and then you make this
>>
>>343957232
looks fucking horrible
>>
>>343961792
Thanks a lot. Thats really the direction I'm heading. Now that I've fixed a ton of old problems I can focus more on Level design which is pretty exciting with the wall walking. Its nice to have some feedback before I start delving into it
>>
>>343957232
is that just samus
>>
Very slow movement, garbage music and horrible DoF
Concept is neat, though.
>>
>>343960557
Until you introduce latency.
>>
>>343957536
Are you just ripping sfm/blender/xnalara/whatever models?
>>
>>343963184
My friend was making models for me but I literally only have two and they arent very well made. The characters are just placehoders for now.
>>
File: ghosts.8-87606_320w.jpg (28 KB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
ghosts.8-87606_320w.jpg
28 KB, 320x244
Have you played Ghost in the Shell on PS1? You could slide around on the walls in that game. You should drop the human models and make everyone fuchikomas. Or add rocket knees like in Vanquish
>>
File: Staires-Optical-Illusion.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Staires-Optical-Illusion.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
Anon, I like your idea, and besides it don't looking pretty good (the animations are really bad, sorry), the mechanic looks intersting. The first thing that came in my mind is the pic.

Cryengine is now free, focus on polishing the gameplay (and the camera) and make some interesting guns, depending on the result you even could think on starting a kickstarter or something like that to fund the art and launch the game.

Did you try FPS ?

Also, if you need beta testers, you know where to find some.

(I never pay for indie games, but would buy anything made by a non for a fair price)
>>
>>343965264
a anon*
>>
>>343957232
looks pretty cool, don't have anything to add.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.