[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is FChamp's, world's greatest Dhalsim, tier list.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3
File: aekqZFF.png (319 KB, 626x561) Image search: [Google]
aekqZFF.png
319 KB, 626x561
This is FChamp's, world's greatest Dhalsim, tier list. Do you agree with it? If not, how so?
>>
SFV is a guessing game.

Top tier characters are the ones that let you make guesses in your favor
>>
>>343957380
This is why melee is the best fighter. Pure skill is the decider, not shallow rock paper scissor into auto combos.
>>
>>343957541
Shut up and educate yourself you fucking mantoddler.
>>
>>343957380
Any fighting game can be simplified into a "guessing game"
Except for the odd ones where crazy tech skill can make up for bad fundamentals
>>
Putting cammy that high is retarded. And Zang that low is retarded.
>>
>>343957768
Cammy and Nash need to switch.
But Gief really is that bad.
>>
>>343957380
I thought I smelled something funny in here.

Don't you have a pool to shit in?
>>
>>343957768
Cammys have been doing better lately. She also has meterless invul, a 3frame, and damage. Right now that's the things people look for to say their character is or isn't good.
>>
>>343957541
>melee
>fighter
Hahahahaha, sure m8 ;^)
>>
>>343957158
Cammy is not that high, he's only doing that because he can't deal with Cammy well as Dhalsim. I also don't think Vega is that good and Nash that low
>>
>>343957158
Based Ryu top tier. I'm okay with this
>>
>>343958750
they actually don't, they rarely get in a top8 in a major and when they do they get destroyed.
Look at CEO results, all the best Cammys in the world were together in a major for the first time, none of them got into top8
>>
>>343957541
This is bait
>>
>>343960661
There were 3 in Top 16, though. Keep in mind it was out of almost 1k.
>>
>>343960661
more Cammy players in top 16 than Vega's in top 32 and everyone seems to agree he's pretty good.
>>
Tiers do not matter in video games. The better player will win regardless of character. Daigo would still body your ass using Zangief. So fuck off with this trivial shit
>>
>FilipinoChump
>best Sim
spergs don't get to be best anything
>>
>>343958093
Cammy is better than Nash. Just because ONE (1) player is good with him doesn't make him top.
>>
>>343961298
It does when there's results.
>>
I like it.

FANG should be lower, and it could be argued that both Nash and Vega could be switched with Cammy, but I think it basically reflects the game.
There's a handful of top tiers, but pretty much everyone else (except Gief and, to a lower extent, FANG) is well balanced.
>>
>>343961420
Infiltration is winning, not Nash.
>>
>>343961568
as a ken player, I fear Cammy far more than Nash online.
>>
>>343961816
That may just be the match up, rather than the overall.
>>
>>343961816
Cammy is sickingly good, good normals, good damage, really good at maintaining pressure. Her only drawback is you xanr afford to make mistakes because of your health.
She is so good.
>>
Alright, waifu-lords, why don't you think Cammy is a higher tier character? It's easy to understand why people think she's good, the meta dictates that 3f and invul means stronger than the characters that don't. She's got damage and pressure, and being able to keep pressure up after a throw is really rare in V anyway. I don't see what the issue is for her.
>>
Yeah it seems about right. If anything Nash goes into last place in the tier above. Ryu is clearly the best in contention with Chun-Li.
>>
>>343962097
900hp
>>
>>343957158
what's the X axis?
>>
>>343957158
sabin's better
>>
I'm not arguing that it should be the other way around, but why Ryu over Ken, though?
Ken has retarded pressure (in a game where pressure is key), alongside mixups, and easier execution (optimal combos that use the target combo).
Is Ryu's better fireball and 3 frame normal enough?
>>
>>343957380
Don't bother posting if you're gonna post dumb shit like this.
>>
>>343962686
Hasn't Champ placed higher than Art at every single tournament they've both been in?
>>
>>343960779
Fast too. Third post? I'm almost impressed.
>>
>>343962758
Damage
>>
>>343962065
she has many good tools but the lack of health and the fact that they killed her counterhit and divekick game after the betas hurt her more than expected imo.
Beta1 Cammy was considered the strongest character in sfv, she was blacklisted too quickly by the devs and had the most nerfs since then and she's still great.
>>
>>343957158
So, according to him

>Character has a reversal
Instant Top or High tier

>Character doesn't have a reversal
Mid tier or lower

I know that they are still powerful tools and all, but DPs are really risky to use in this game.
>>
>>343962758
God tier damage off basic confirms.
>>
>>343957158
doesn't matter
still picking Gief
>>
Why is Balrog so fucking hard

I just want to dash punch people

Fuck v skill cancels and stupid nerfed TAP
>>
>>343957158
Guile needs to be higher, other than that it's an okay list.
>>
>>343963134
He's by far the easiest and most accessible charge character in the game man, come the fuck on.
>>
>>343962758
Ryu's throw game is a thing I hear a lot of players mention. And he's got better fireballs for matchups like Karin.
>>
>>343963134
Nothing stops you from just dash punching
>>
>>343963016
It's more than that, otherwise Necalli would be there over Chun and Karin who need meter for theirs.
>>
>>343962065
She has a good throw game because of how she can throw people who are walking backwards, plus her movement speed is good so you can do throw baits consistently, so this makes up for her lack of an overhead move.

People who call Cammy bad obviously can't establish a throw game to force their opponent into guessing on wake-up, because without it she is pretty harmless.
>>
>>343963248
Fang and bison are both easier to play than rog
>>
>Caring about tier lists
Just play your favorite god fucking damn. Capcom finally made a roster with only two clones and people still care about this petty shit.
>>
>>343961162
They actually kinda do from a gameplay perspective. If you're both equally skilled, why should one player have to work twice or three times as hard to get the results another player can by using a different character?

Look up the daigo stream vs gachikun. Even him and fudo say rashid's damage is crazy low when opening someone up compared to ryu.

It's just a quick way to look something's relative power at a glance. Everyone knows there's more to it, you just want to feel special and think you've solved some ancient riddle.
>>
>TOP TIER
Ryu
Nash
Ken

>High Tier
Chun
Necalli
Karin
Cammy
Vega
Bison
Balrog

>Mid Tier
Everyone else.

Zangief has bad matchups like usual but he's not terrible.
>>
>>343963415
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
File: fug.png (163 KB, 545x530) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
163 KB, 545x530
How the fuck did Wolfkrone get to the top of the online leaderboards and be the first Super Diamond player with fucking Laura? When I tried her I thought she was complete trash, and I've only ever come across a few while playing ranked. Did I miss something crucial to her kit while playing her? How is she meant to be played?
>>
>>343963375
Bison may be close, but FANG is definitely not easier to play. You have to keep down and back charge, even when using the other move, even on offense. Balrog and bison can just chain charge moves off normals for their strings, which means you can use-charge-use-charge, rather than FANG's charge-charge-use-use-charge-charge.
>>
>>343963595
From what I can tell, she is a more solid Mika, but with less tricky setups.
>>
>>343963549
Nash is top tier? Lol!
>>
>>343963415
If you consistently see the same X characters in top 8, 16, 32, etc. Things start to add up.
>>
>>343963595
She plays like a safe version of Makoto with a projectile
>>
>>343963321
I can see why he places Necalli there though, the character has poor footsies tools before he gets his burst in movement speed in v-trigger mode, which he often only gets when he is at half hp or less, and then when he gets into v-trigger, his v-reversal, which is something that is continuously growing in importance, gets disabled for the entire round.

He is still a very strong and menacing character, but he has many flaws. Unlike Ryu, who can do anything and excels in about any area.
>>
>>343963661
Balrog combos require charging immediately after a charge.
He fits your second category more.
>>
>tfw i wreck niggaz with my geif

red cyclone you little pussies with your gay headband wearing waterfall thirsty fags
>>
>>343963595
Laura seems very straighforward, but her tools allow her to be crazy strong off one knockdown. She just has to play smarter. Out of all the pressure heavy characters, like Ken or Mika, she's the one with which you don't turn your brain off. So it takes time.
>>
>>343963739
Yeah some characters are more popular than others no fucking shit. Why do you think you see Mario and Cloud in top 8 of Smash but not Duck Hunt and Lucina.

>>343963843
Same. Put any pussy fireball spamming shoto faggot in front of me and I'll kick their ass. Fuck a Daigo.
>>
>>343963843
I too can beat bad players friend :D
>>
>>343963549
Nash was never top tier, its just that Infiltration is too good.

Otherwise I agree with you, Chun-li is overrated, she has a short range throw that won't catch people moving back, she has poor meterless damage options and relies too much on her slide to get in now that everyone punishes TK legs.
>>
>>343963958
I don't see that because I don't watch competitive party game tournaments. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>343964073
>/v/ fag thinks he's too good to have fun
I bet you think Melee is a bad game too.
>Taking vidya THIS serously.
LMAO @ u
>>
>>343963595
Laura is extremely underrated. You should look up AutoMattock. I'm not sure if he's been streaming lately, but he really shows all the shit that character can do. She's strong.

I found him a long time ago when I was looking up Alex stuff. Turns out the characters share some similarities but Jibbo seems to think Laura is way better.
>>
>>343964034
I disagree, there's a reason half of Japan plays Nash. His meter building, mobility, utility (v-trigger/reversal, air throw, unique normals) - all great. He's got good normals, frame traps, one of the best overheads, decent range - he's great all around.
>>
>>343963595
Laura can kill people almost instantly, and she has great set-ups with her charged fireball, plus high stun and strong mix up with an overhead and a command throw.

She has trouble getting because of her short range normals, but once she does she is very scary.
>>
>>343964243
He is a strong character, but not one of the strongest, this spot is reserved for Ryu and maybe Ken.
>>
File: iacceptit.jpg (207 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
iacceptit.jpg
207 KB, 500x427
>lost to a chun-li who only did air legs and cross-ups
>twice
>lost around 300 lp and deranked to ultra silver
Should I just never play fighting games again? I don't think I can come back from that. I feel like all my victories before were a fluke.
>>
>>343963321
Chunli's reversal is an exception, it's the best and safest reversal in the game, it's on another level
>>
>>343964541

watch your replays, recreate the situations in training mode, get solutions, git gud

if you feel like your victories were a fluke then git solid
>>
>>343964541
Shit like that can really screw you up, players with odd rhythms always get to me.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.