[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you still use Windows if software support wasn't an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Windows.png (283 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
Windows.png
283 KB, 1024x699
Would you still use Windows if software support wasn't an issue for Mac/Linux?
>>
osx looks like a fucking joke,
sorry but the asthetics do matter

and linux is broken garbage and also resembles shit
>>
File: 1325006964092.jpg (42 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
1325006964092.jpg
42 KB, 1365x1024
>>343943412
I would not
>>
>>343943412
Nope. But since I enjoy gaymen, I'm still on windows.
>>
Software isnt the problem for me.

It's the fact that you are a giant annoying faggot if you own an apple product.

There are no exceptions to this.

Windows is trash too, but at least having something by microsoft doesn't make you such an enormous faggot like an apple product does.
>>
>>343943412
I would drop Windows in a heartbeat and pick up Linux.
>>
Virtual Machine for games that can't do linux
and for everything else there is usually a Linux equivalent, AMD cards are spotty.
>>
>>343943412
>Linux
No. In fact, once W7 literally becomes obsolete in every definition of the term, I'll be dual-booting a Linux.

>Mac
AHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>343943412
No, I'd switch immediately.
>>
>>343943412
If I wanted to switch from Windows to Linux, which OS would be the best one to switch to?
>>
I would def go with Linux its too bad MS has its gigantic corporate penis in everyone's anus.
>>
>>343944106
Ubuntu. Better question is which desktop environment you should use.
>>
>>343943412

If all games supported Linux I'd never even consider winblows.
>>
>>343944106
There are a couple of distros that can ease you into it. mint isn't very good but it's really similar to Windows.
From there just keep going until you find another one you like.
>>
>>343944106
Mint is the easiest for a Windowsfag.

>>343943412
If Linux wasn't broken with terrible drivers and lack of software it wouldn't be Linux. But sure of course I would. Why not?
>>
>>343944106
ubuntu
>>
>>343944329
>lack of software
wat
>>
>>343944215
Well, which desktop environment should I use?
>>
Yep.

Really don't enjoy Linux, had too many issues with it, and the UI always feels unfinished.

OS X would be my 2nd choice if software support wasn't an issue, but I don't feel at home using it.
>>
>>343944438
I've used gnome just because it's alright out of the box.

I hear KDE is pretty good if you put your heart into conffing it.

That said, never used linux as a personal computer.
>>
>>343944438
As a Linux user that likes the Windows desktop look and feel, I highly recommend lxde.
>>
Yes. Even if more software supported Linux, you would still have to deal with poor hardware support, a hacked together display system (that's being worked on thankfully), a hacked together audio stack (they've put their fingers in their ears on that one), the hell that package managers often become after a while, and fragmentation from developers picking and choosing which fd.o standards to support and which ones to reinvent. Windows is just more pleasant to use.
>>
>>343943412
If by software support you mean games, yeah, I will stop using windows, I already use Linux for everything else.
>>
>>343943412
Yes. Linux is a cluster fuck of millions of packages that you never have the right multiverse or w/e so then you have to spend 20 minutes finding a place that will let you download them, just to install one thing.

Way to many simple every day tasks require the command prompt. I know it makes you feel like a hacker, but its just old and cumbersome. The rest of the world moved on in when Windows 95 came out.

No games, no drivers, harder to use. You get what you pay for.
>>
>>343943412
No.

"Proficient in the LibreOffice suite" isn't going to get you a job.

That said, my personal gaming rig probably would be Linux.
>>
>>343948763
*Yes
Misread the question desu ~~
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.