[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games would actually be improved with memes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: CmjRg6qWgAEhmfR.jpg (67 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
CmjRg6qWgAEhmfR.jpg
67 KB, 1024x683
What games would actually be improved with memes?
>>
>>343938963
The ones that no longer have the hope to be good.
>>
File: suchruin.png (276 KB, 631x266) Image search: [Google]
suchruin.png
276 KB, 631x266
>>343938963
None. There's a reason people hate NoA localization with a passion.
>>
>>343938963
Ones that relied on now-outdated pop culture jokes
>>
meme run
>>
File: fractal_mado_mado.jpg (254 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
fractal_mado_mado.jpg
254 KB, 740x740
>>343939252
Fucking shit man, I expected cringe but that was just too much for me.
>>
>>343939252
Left is more relevant, right is using shakespeare shit lmao
>>
>>343938963
Is this suppose to be funny?
>>
None, because most memes have no staying power.
They become annoying fast and date games harder than pop culture references do.
This reminds me that Gen Z show which had used memes 6 month out of date in their reveal trailer and as far as I know it is still to come out.

Only Pepe/Wojak, Baneposting and sprudo come to mind as memes that have survived long enough to exist on their own accord, and even then in niche communities.
>>
File: 4544827697_6f73866999_b.jpg (12 KB, 1024x1015) Image search: [Google]
4544827697_6f73866999_b.jpg
12 KB, 1024x1015
Oh hey, looks like OP somehow found the leaked Mother 3 localization my buddies at Treehouse are working on. Might as well give you guys a sneak peek at Kumatora (or as she's now known, Coomater)'s new look!
>>
I suppose something like the Sims could where the characters might simply reference them in some way.

But in terms of actual writing, none. Memes are inherently accessible rather than pointedly good for lack of better wording. By catering to everyone including those who won't be interested anyway, you sacrifice quality in areas that would be appreciated by those who will be interested.
>>
Memes
>>
>>343938963
none. now literally fuck off.
>>
>>343938963

No games because meme spouting is idiot humor.
>>
Any game that does it subtly, as a nod rather than a joke. Memes by their nature become irrelevant fast so a timeless game would have them in as a sort of history search
>>
>>343939453

How is left more relevant? I would slap a person for even speaking doge shit.
>>
>>343939453
Hello underage faggot.
>>
>>343940204
He's a meme loving Nintoddler.
What did you expect from a Nintoddler?
>>
File: 1422711434286.jpg (525 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
1422711434286.jpg
525 KB, 1414x2000
The entire reason why a meme is considered "funny" in the first place is due to the cultural context found therein. Regardless of where you find it, regardless of the content in it, the only reason why someone can resonate with a meme is because it is relevant where it has been made relevant due to it being in a place where it is relevant. Facebook has dozens of "X Memes" pages because within a specific community, these memes have context, and thus have relevance, and are thus entertaining. Random spattering of horseshit with zero context is only amusing to those who can understand what you are referencing, and thus limits the demographic a specific point of humor to those who are contextually aware as soon as they see a string of words, and forces everybody else to look up the joke to understand exactly what you said, and will almost assuredly not find it entertaining.

Imagine for a moment that you took a game with a character creator in it, slapped in a frizzy spiked messy haircut, and where it has names for various haircuts, like a Crew Cut, Slicked Back, etc., this one was titled "JUST" or "JFMSU" or some other silly nonsnese. The few people who would find it funny are people on /tv/ and other boards infected by this meme, and out of the inhabitants of those boards, the people who find this joke entertaining, and out of THOSE people, the people who would find your reference to the joke entertaining outside of their own board, and out of this excessively small pool, you need to capture the hearts of the portion of this demographic who actually intend to buy your game, and this number is chopped up by personal interests, genre interest, and moreso than anything, those who would refuse to purchase on the merit of having memes alone.

TL;DR:

None
>>
>>343940570
Is that pasta? If not, thanks for taking the time to write such a post.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.