[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefield 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: Battlefield 1.jpg (80 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield 1.jpg
80 KB, 1200x670
/v/'s thoughts?
>>
Why is there no French in it?
>>
>>343930456
WE
>>
>>343930550
Cause it's just a game haha who cares man, just have fun, youtube man told me so haha
>>
>>343930550
theyre all black nigga
>>
WIR
>>
>>343930550
Learn history. French can't fight. They gave up.
>>
>>343930624
WUZ
>>
>>343930779
Please be fun posting, they bled themselves dry to keep a hold on their country during WW1. Their casualties were in the millions by the end of the war, they never stopped fighting.
>>
Waiting until after release to even consider it, but Titanfall 2 is most likely going to be my Fall FPS purchase.
>>
File: 1466741344611.gif (398 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1466741344611.gif
398 KB, 300x167
>>343930456
no france,russia,japan, east europeans country. Paid maps again, dlc, microtransactions etc. Trash already
>>
>>343931106
BUT IF YOU PRE-ORDER NOW YOU GET THE BLACK SOLDIERâ„¢ DLC!
>>
>ww1
>niggers and dubstep

Fucking insult to those that died.
>>
>>343930930
SOULJAS
>>
>>343931129
The game takes place in the last year of the war. There were no Russians. They quit because they are pussies and don't love freedom enough.
>>
>>343931413
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN!
>>
France is no doubt going to be a DLC.

Couldn't keep the Brits out of the base game because they had tanks and couldn't keep Americans out of the DLC because of the American market.
>>
>>343931075
The sole fact that you halfassedly took this bait makes me sad.
>>
>>343931563
fucking burge shut up.

also:

>no russia
>no france
>WE WUZ GERMUNS, WHERE is the wite wimenz
>First map is small, all flags pretty close(so it will be another CoD)
>tanks fast like racecars
>gameplay like CoD
>sniper rifle does 60 damage
>no commander
>>
>>343933257
>>WE WUZ GERMUNS, WHERE is the wite wimenz
That's a pretty good impression of the hun.
>>
>>343932181
Good I hope there is a French DLC.
>>
>>343935765
*God
>>
>>343930456
Looks shit. The beta gameplay looked pretty stale. like even ignoring how they fucked up the historical setting, just focusing purely on gameplay, it just looks boring.
>>
What are the chances my PC will be able to run it at an acceptable framerate? I'm using a 3570k & 7870XT. Haven't played a Battlefield game since Desert Combat so I have no idea how demanding the current ones are.
>>
File: 1464635145643.gif (483 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464635145643.gif
483 KB, 500x375
>>343930456
>Sold off the biggest faction in the Western Front as future DLC while including small-time players like the USA.
>Everyone running around with experimental automatic weapons that saw very little use or no use at all
>Remove Women in the name of "realism" despite clearly not giving a shit about realism

DLC that I would have expected

>Main game is UK/France vs Germany/Austria-Hungary
>Italy DLC
>Australia vs Turkey DLC
>Eastern Front DLC (I know storymode is set in 1918 when Russia had folded and USA joined, but the multiplayer maps can be set at an earlier time)

Removing France from a WW1 game to sell later is like making a WW2 game set after D-Day in Western Europe, and leaving the USA out for "Premium future DLC"
>>
File: the-great-war-video-series.jpg (205 KB, 1672x945) Image search: [Google]
the-great-war-video-series.jpg
205 KB, 1672x945
>not commemorating the centenial of the Great War by playing the first big Great War title while watching the weekly Great War updates on YouTube
>2016
ishiggity diggity
>>
Do we really need these threads 50 times a day?
It's just going to devolve into the same shit as normal and promptly get deleted.
>>
File: bf1_woman.jpg (21 KB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
bf1_woman.jpg
21 KB, 525x295
>>343936859
>women
>fighting in any theatre
>ignoring the insert of women into the Bedouin for no fucking reason other than diversity
Seriously?

>Australia vs Turkey
kek
>>
>>343937139
>he doesn't know about Lacie of Arabia
>>
File: Gallipoli.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Gallipoli.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
>>343937139

Women were originally planned for multiplayer but then removed in the name of "realism".

They've already thrown realism so far out of the window already that playable Women wouldn't phase me at this point.

>kek

I think Gallipoli based level(s) would be interesting.
>>
>1942
9/10
For it's time it would have been a 10/10, now the technology is showing it's age, but it's still amazing. The setting was cool, the weapons were fun and felt good, the gameplay was tight, it was great.

>Vietnam
9/10
Basically 1942 in Vietnam, not much more to say, play each of them to your tastes.

>2
9.5/10
The pinnacle of PC shooter gaming, still absolutely playable to this day. Took almost everything from the previous games and improved upon them. Also came in a time when Modern themed shooters weren't oversaturated and bland.

>1942
9.5/10
Pretty much perfection, not much I can say that I didn't already say for BF2

>Bad Company 1/2
No rating
These are not Battlefield games

>3
7.5/10
Pretty good. Graphics were great, although sometimes there is just too much going on at once and being constantly suppressed was a pain. Some really stupid maps, wasted time on one of the worst single player campaigns ever. The weapon mod system was cool, but also made it so that you would grind through classes/weapons that you didn't really like or just weren't called for at that particular time. Still a very good shooter for all it's downfalls. Better than CoD at least. The premium/DLC system is fucktarded. So is Battlelog.

>4
6/10
There is absolutely no justification for taking preorders for this game when you haven't even finished your planned DLC for the previous one, and the impatience shows with the shitty launch. When it works, it's BF3 but with way too many unnecessary unlocks and some things that didn't need to exist like counter knifing. Some of the levels are pretty cool, some of them aren't.

>Hard Line
3/10
Why does that cop have a missile launcher? holy shit what the fuck is even happening?

>1
1/10
You ruined it.
>>
I was honestly hyped for a solid couple tens of seconds about it with that first reveal. Everything since then has only served to decrease my enthusiasm, I absolutely despise the Battlefield formula and shooting. Needless to say it looks like shit
>>
>>343930456
I dont like that auto machine gun are the weapon of choice instead of bolt action rifles.

I dont like that every class has a anti tank bomb of some kind, this does not include regular grenades.

In all the gunplay doesnt seem much different then battlefield 3..Which is a disappointment

I really wanted people to use bolt action rifles and weaving and dodging trying not to get hit, and where every shot matters one miss means you'll reload for a while and seeing vehicles made you tremble in fear, because unless some fucker chose a specific class thats anti tank you and your squad is fucked.

Instead i got the same gunplay as the last two battlefield games..Godamnit thats just my perspective from watching gameplay hopefully the beta will prove me otherwise.
>>
File: 1464633794806.png (33 KB, 281x355) Image search: [Google]
1464633794806.png
33 KB, 281x355
>>343938013

>tfw will never relive the glory days of a being a crack shot with the one-hit kill kar98 that nobody else used
>>
looks like reskinned bf4
>>
graphically and some UI elements are an improvement over 4. It's a good game for what it's trying to be.

But battlefield really didn't turn out to be the realistic hardcore tactical shooter i hoped it would become. it changed directions from that years ago and i accepted that fact and i think the success of COD and EA/DICE's motives are to blame.

There are wayyy better games out now that succeeds in what BF should have become.
>>
I just got my closed alpha code gg faggots.
>>
Literally every gun is automatic.

But the fog is pretty.
>>
>>343937139
Thevdumb is strong with this one.
>>
File: 1428436543382.jpg (46 KB, 534x553) Image search: [Google]
1428436543382.jpg
46 KB, 534x553
>>343930456
>still has 3d spot and health regen in normal mode

Fucking DICE, Classic mode from BF4 should be Normal mode in BF1.
>>
Anyone else played the alpha

It's feels like a Battlefront + Battlefield 4 game, which I don't like
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.