[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the Stormcloaks option was literally put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: Skyrim-logo-small.jpg (28 KB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim-logo-small.jpg
28 KB, 600x310
Daily reminder that the Stormcloaks option was literally put in Skyrim to test whether Bethesda's audience actually bothered to read and explore the game world to make informed decisions, or whether they would just leap to choices based on implications in cinematics.

>Daily reminder that the abundance of Stomcloak playthroughts is directly responsible for the dumbed down, retarded world of Fallout 4
>>
Who gives a fuck, the lore in Elder Scrolls has always been shit
>>
>>343929781
Wasn't the "Ulrick is a Thalmor puppet" thing in a mission that was already well into the Imperial/Stormcloak storylines?
>>
>>343931532
Yes, but it's just another in a string of clues. Like people telling you that Talos worship being banned was never enforced until Ulfric started his rebellion - cluing you in that his war is because he wants to be High King, not because he cares about Talos worship.

Or the people of Solitude telling you that the former High King would've sided with Ulfric had he asked instead of killing him.

Or the Greybeards telling you that Ulfric defiled the ancient nord tradition of the Way of the Voice by using it as a weapon.

Or that Ulfric tortured and killed Nord women and children in Markarth to put down the forsworn rebellion.

By the time you find out that Ulfric himself is a Thalmor plant and the execution at Helgen was actually the fault of the Thalmor and not the Imperials, you should've been well aware that the Stormcloaks were the wrong choice.
>>
>>343931532
Yeah.

But there are hundreds of references in texts and speech about how Titus Mede was basically letting Skyrim carry on with their practices of Talos worship etc (despite proclaiming the ban) because he was planning a long game to smash the shit out of the Aldemeri Dominion by outbreeding the Elves and driving them out of Tamriel.

There are also references to the Dominion calling for the release of Ulfric before his public execution in the Imperial capital, hence the rapid replanned execution in Helgen (which explains the argument general Tullius is having with the Thalmor agents at the start of the game).

Supporting the Stormcloaks is literally a straight downgrade.
>>
>>343932098
This.

The Stormcloak's push for Skyrim's independence is correct-- in principle.

However, their execution is incredibly short sighted and their leader is a short-tempered little shit who managed to get caught and fucked up by both the Thalmor and the Empire despite having the power to Dragon Shout.

Ulfric is a shit leader who got where he did through the machinations of higher powers and pure luck, whilst the Empire is playing a long game to drive out the Dominion and save Tamriel.
>>
>>343929781
Reminder:
>God tier
Dunmer
Chimer
>Lesser breed tier
Altmer
Bosmer
>Goldess heathens tier
Dwemer
>shit tier
Orismer
>Disgusting tier
Nords
Cyrods
Redguards
Breton
>Animal tier
Khajiit
Argonian
>>
File: chim feels good.jpg (15 KB, 298x302) Image search: [Google]
chim feels good.jpg
15 KB, 298x302
>>343933173
This s'wit knows whats up
>>
>>343933173
Were Chimer the snow elves or did they have another -mer name?
>>
>>343929781
Stormcloaks vs Imperials was a test by Bethesda to see if their fans would enjoy a meaningless side quest with no consequences, resolution, and ending.
>>
>>343933756

The Chimer were the mer who followed Veloth to Morrowind and later became the Dunmer.
>>
>>343934053
>no resolution

Executing the leader of the rebellion or the commander of the Imperial forces in Skyrim sure felt like resolution.
>>
>>343934053
And it succeeded marvelously, leading to Fallout 4.
>>
File: MUHCOUNTRY.jpg (74 KB, 552x675) Image search: [Google]
MUHCOUNTRY.jpg
74 KB, 552x675
>>343933173
no
Nords>all

based aryan nords.
cleaning the world of dunmer, and snow elves.
>>
>>343929781
>>Daily reminder that the abundance of Stomcloak playthroughts is directly responsible for the dumbed down, retarded world of Fallout 4
What about the people that did both sides with different characters to see them both?
How does that metric work there?
>>
>>343934140
Ulfric runs away from Solitude and lets the Queen, a threat to his claim to power, live. And that's how the Stormcloak rebellion quest ends.
>>
>>343929781
I joined the stormcloaks because it was the nearest door, Bethesda has always been terrible at story telling, I was just hoping Skyrim would be half as good as Oblivion was

Protip: nop
>>
>>343934392
The quest is called "Civil War," not "install Ulfric as High Lord".
>>
>>343929781

If I was motivated to join the Stormcloaks, it's because the Empire tried to have me executed not five minutes into the game for basically no reason at all.
>>
>>343934214
>cleaning the world of dunmer
They lost like 90% of the wars against the Dunmer.
>>
>>343934521
Did this comment make sense in your head, or were you just drifting in and out?
>>
>>343929781
It did not matter for me, they tried to cut my head they all will die. Its RPG game, they pissed my character at very beginning, so i slaughtered every thalmor and imperial on sight. Do not care about their reasons.
>>
File: 1466675791754.png (309 KB, 2384x2728) Image search: [Google]
1466675791754.png
309 KB, 2384x2728
>Two Elder Scrolls lore threads in a day

Hot diggidy

Reminder Bosmer a shit
>>
>>343934639
You said there was no resolution to the Civil War quest, despite the Civil War having ended because Ulfric didn't then continue his politicking to get elected as the High Lord in the moot. I'm telling you that it's a separate matter entirely from the Civil War.

I don't know why that seems too complicated for you to understand, but if you could explain which words are too big, I could dumb it down some for you.
>>
>>343934801

They're good if you want to nail someone in the eye with an arrow.
>>
>>343934449
Sounds like you never tried to like it
>>
>>343934609
>the Empire tried to have me executed
Was there ever anything in the game that explains what exactly the player character did?
>>
>>343934950

Wrong place, wrong time. You border-hopped and ended up in the place Ulfric and his friends were at and got taken as an assumed rebel.
>>
File: HIST AYYY.jpg (93 KB, 733x1089) Image search: [Google]
HIST AYYY.jpg
93 KB, 733x1089
>>343933173
>Vivec
>Marvelous capital
>Literally crater right now

Can't make this shit up
>>
>>343934626
Doesn't matter
a dead elf is a good thing.
>>
>>343934950
Crossing the border illegally. Thats seriously it. The fucking bitch Imperial at helgen just lumps you in with the rest of them because the Empire is weak.
>>
>>343929781
I don't suppose the HD remaster whatever the fuck is going to add anything like finish off all those outposts and shit and fully establishing one side or the other, would it?
>>
>>343935138
Wrong.

It's because the Thalmor show up to try and get Ulfric released. They force Tullius's hand and makes it to where all the prisoners have to be executed then and there.
>>
>>343934235
There are achievements for finishing either side of the civil war.

More people got the stormcloak achievement before the Empire one.
>>
>>343935138
Speaking of which how the fuck is it possible to cross the border illegally when Skyrim is still a province of the Empire?

How are you allowed to go to Solstheim without doing an census shit if its illegal to cross provinces like that. Or was Morrowind independent again by that time. What a shit show of a game.

>>343935339
Please give a source from in game and nothing else. Im willing to believe you if you can do that.
>>
>>343934609
This for sure. I was made a bro by the stormcloaks. Even during the dragon attack the imperials called me an idiot. Fuck them.
>>
>>343935138

"Forget the list, he goes to the block".

Fuck you too, cunt.
>>
File: Sload.jpg (45 KB, 495x479) Image search: [Google]
Sload.jpg
45 KB, 495x479
When will best race get their own game?
>>
>>343934521
Yeah. Remember all those civil wars throughout history where the rebel forces' long term operational objectives were to maintain the status quo?
>>
>>343935420
Sure. "Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak"

Quoting it:

>Operational Notes: Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim.

See? They directly intervened to help him at Helgen despite his hatred for them, because him being executed would've hurt the Thalmor in Skyrim.

It's why Elenwen suspiciously appears in Helgen the moment Ulfric gets caught, is seen talking to General Tullius, and then it's announced everyone will be killed right then and there instead of standing trial in Solitude.
>>
>>343929781
Fuck the empire and fuck the stormcloaks, they were all little Thalmor puppet bitches.

Put Ulfric in power by ousting the empire then kill them all and start fresh. Skyrim is for the Nords, not your fucking empire.
>>
>>343935710
His war was officially for Skyrim independence so everyone could worship Talos. That was accomplished.
>>
>>343935064
It's mostly due to the fact that Vivec was the only reason Vivec wasn't blown up and when Vivec died Vivec got blown up because Vivec's followers were idiots.

why did Vivec name his town Vivec anyway?
>>
>>343934815
Well it's good to know the entire civil war is over now that he left and killed one general.
>>
>>343935597
Moonpath to Elsweyr/Dragonborn Gallery has a sload.
>>
>>343935747
They dont want him dead because the longer the fighting is drawn out the more weak both sides will be. Thus making both of them easier to destroy. How could you possibly extrapolate what you are claiming from that?
>>
>>343934903
There wasn't much to like, I gave it one "full" playthrough and roughly 90 hours but I just never liked it as much
>>
>>343935297
nope, that's a job for modders :^)
>>
>Well-coordinated and heavily practiced Imperial legion beaten by a rag-tag group of nords run by a furry commander and a Jarl with 140 ping
>>
>>343932098
But in that letter the Thalmor also expressed fear over a Stormcloak victory...
>>
>>343935420
Because Skyrim isn't in the Shenegen Zone.

Also, maybe because there's a fucking civil war on and the constant hovering threat of the Dominion fucking shit up, so crossing into a contested area is probably going to be frowned upon.

Also, I've just come up with my next playthrough
>Young Talos worshipping Nord living in Cirodiil
>No friends in the local craft guild in the Imperial City
>Slowly becomes a radicalised Talos worshipper
>Runs away to join the Stormcloaks in Skyrim
>>
>>343935883
But everyone could do that before he started the war.
>>
>Picking a side at all
>>
>>343933173
No fur, but I would fuck a Khajiit at least once.
>>
>>343936384
Talosu Ackbar
>>
>>343933173
>nords not in animal tier
They can barely speak the common tongue
>>
>>343934950

Nothing. You just got rounded up along with everyone else in the area (that thief, etc) for a hasty mass execution with no trial, because Tullius knows he can't waste any time or leave any witnesses. The Thalmor would have either gotten an official edict releasing Ulfric, or in the worst case simply attacked the Imperial troops there and set him free, and killed everyone else nearby to make sure there were no witnesses.

Chances are all the soldiers there, and probably the entire village, would have been quietly killed to keep the whole affair under wraps.

Sucks to be Helgen, I guess. In all likelihood that town was getting wiped off the map no matter WHO it was up to.
>>
File: 14.jpg (49 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
49 KB, 630x420
>Skyrim civil war
>this is what is considered engaging lore now
>>
>>343929781
>Take the Jagged Crown
>Proceed to never complete the quest, never fuck up Whiterun/Windhelm and maintain a relatively peaceful state
>>
File: 6XVqn.jpg (226 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
6XVqn.jpg
226 KB, 1680x1050
>mfw Brunwulf Freewinter becomes the new Jarl of Windhelm after executing Ulfric
>>
>>343936615
It's actually pretty irrelevant. Yes, the winning side would matter in terms of the greater story of the Elder Scrolls universe, but Skyrim as a game gives zero shits what you decide on apart from swapping out guards and jarls.
>>
>>343936837
When games like Skyrim and Witcher are held up on a pedestal as the pinnacle of modern RPGs this is what you get. They're barely even RPGs.
>>
>>343935997
...what do you mean? You literally just agreed with me. I said the Thalmor was in Helgen to save him from being brought back to Solitude and executed.

>how could you think the thalmor would help him!? they want him alive!
>>
>implying I cared for the story at all
I got it as a gift. Played through once, can't even remember what it was about, modded, clocked 130 hours and haven't touched it in two years or something like that.
>>
>>343936546
Yes, but his motivation for the war and the public reason are not the same.
>>
>>343935892
He is a self loving cunt that placed near day there just so that it would punish people for not "loving" him eventually
>>
File: 1325295198003.png (3 KB, 106x77) Image search: [Google]
1325295198003.png
3 KB, 106x77
So lore fags are wrong and Talos is not a real god?
>>
I bet none of your choice matter anyways, since the canon continuation would probably Dragonborn having none this civil war bullshit, fucks off to achieve CHIM or something, and having the Aldmeri Dominion seizing control of Skyrim due to the weakened Empire and Stormcloak. Thus, cementing the Aldmeri Dominion as a Big bad in future TES game as some sort of Anti-Empire bent on destroying Nirn.
>>
>>343937606
>dragonborn taking talos' place
fixed
>>
>>343937606
>I bet none of your choice matter anyways, since the canon continuation would probably Dragonborn having none this civil war bullshit
Well, yeah. We're not arguing because it'll effect the lore either way. We're arguing because the lore is pretty deep and rich and it's fun to do so.
>>
>>343932098
>defiled the ancient Nord tradition of the Way of the Voice by using it as a weapon
Like they teach the Dragonborn to do?
>>
>>343937589
The Aedra are garbage anyway. You should start worshipping the true tribunal. At least they care about you.
>>
>>343937589
Talos was just an incredibly based imperial that nord cucks worship
>>
>>343937589
How can Talos not be a real god, when praying to his shrine grants me reduced cooldown to Shouts? Checkmate, yellow knife ears.
>>
>>343937867

The Dragonborn exists to slay Alduin. Learning to use The Voice as a weapon is necessary to save the world. Ulfric just learned it so he could use it to murder a King.
>>
>>343937589
Everyone is a stabilized Ada(spirit)
Literally any hobo who is strong enough is a God
Aedra and Daedra are Et'Ada (original ada) and they are intrinsic parts of the aurbis
Talos is convention 2.0 and he is more than any Et'Ada could ever hope to be.
>>
>>343937867
They don't teach him the Way of the Voice, they just show him shouts so he can stop Alduin from destroying the world.

But non-Dragonborns using the Thu'um are required to follow the Way of the Voice for Greybeard training.
>>
>>343934214
>nords
they're basically the american south
dumb farmers who like to get in fights
>>
Who was the best NPC Khajiit?
>>
What mods are required to go full sexy waifu mode?
>>
>>343937589
Talos is an artificial being made up of Zurin, wulharth, and HJALTI/Tiber. Together they recreated the moment of creation at the Ur-Tower and that created a deity that holds Mundus together better than any tower did.
>>
>>343937970
>Nords are so retarded that they worship an Imperial as a god

And these people think they are capable of self determination.
>>
>>343938301
Kharjo, no contest. Nigga always has your back and isn't a mage/thief pussy.
>>
>>343933173
>Dunmer not in "literally shat out by Boethiah" tier
>any mer above "trash" tier
>races of man anywhere below "rightful rulers of Nirn" tier

It should be illegal to be so wrong.
>>
>>343932098
i really wonder how many of those "skyrim is the best game ever" - "gamers" actually figured all of this out.
>>
File: 1446327955537.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446327955537.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>343930952
CHIM
>>
>>343938202
People seem to forget that dragonborn is a dragon and it's his right to speak in the voice above any other mortal
Greybeards don't have an authority to tell an aspect of Akatosh not to use his inborn skill
>>
>>343938301
M'Aiq, the personification of Todd
>>
>>343938301
Khajiit waifu in Morrowind for romance, J'Zargo in Skyrim for being a bro and Maiq for the memes.
>>
>>343938668
Hence my original comment that people falling for Skyrim's Stormcloak questline was Bethesda testing the waters of how little effort they had to put into plotlines for future games.

Fast forward five years and you have The Institute, which basically does everything in a worse way than numerous other factions in Fallout and replaces people with Synths for literally no fucking reason.
>>
File: Skystories.png (126 KB, 265x293) Image search: [Google]
Skystories.png
126 KB, 265x293
>>343929781
Does anyone here read any books in Elder Scrolls games? I found them quite interesting.
>>
>>343938636
>t. Imperial
How does that Altmer cock taste?
>>
>>343939237
I do. Did you know "Kolb and the Dragon" is a choose your own adventure book?
>>
>>343939237
/v/ is full of lorefags, are you b8ing?
Of course people have read books on TES.
>>
>>343938781
>Mwaah the french champaigne
>>
>>343939445
Did you know that there is a secret message in sermons that basically goes like
>I killed Nerevar, I ain't even mad t.vivec
And you have to decode the numerology sermon based on other sermons to find that out?
>>
>>343939237
> tfw I still haven't read the Argonian Accout or The Real Barenziah
>>
>>343939393
>implying the Aldmeri dominion wasn't getting the shit kicked out of it by sandniggers and their curved swords
>implying the Empire won't burn Summerset to the ground after the dragonborn sends Ulfric back to sovngarde and the frostbacks get their shit together
>implying Tullius won't take seventy Altmer virgins as his prize for putting the mer under the rule of Man where they belong
>>
>>343939445
>download a house with a gorillion shelves
>decide to get a copy of every book in the game
>mfw I take a Kolb off the shelf to give to my kid and read it for the first time

And it only took about seven hundred hours to finally notice it.
>>
Which argonian makes the best wife?
>>
Summerset for the Altmer, Morrowind for the Dunmer, Skyrim for everyone! Anti-Stormcloak is code for Anti-Nord
>>
File: cliffracer.jpg (112 KB, 450x900) Image search: [Google]
cliffracer.jpg
112 KB, 450x900
>>343934081
wrong, they followed veloth to resdayn
>>
>>343940039
There's only one female Argonian you can marry.
>>
File: 45273683569.png (25 KB, 1108x480) Image search: [Google]
45273683569.png
25 KB, 1108x480
Ulfric did everything wrong.
>>
Is sexlab canon?
>>
>>343940128
Don't you have ashes to choke on, Ashlander?
>>
Nuke Morrowind
>>
>>343938792
Probably the only NPC I bother removing the essential tag for.
>>
>skyrim thread

xD epic win! xD I took le arrow to le knee xD!!!!
>>
>>343940039
You can only marry one and she sounds like an 80 year old with lung cancer.
>>
>>343940242
C0DA makes it canon.
>>
>>343940631
Are you okay, friend?
>>
I don't really care for TES lore, are there any mods that turn Skyrim into a more generic European setting?
And while we're at it, are there any mods that completely overhaul combat (not just tweaking damage, but changing animations, adding other weapon classes, etc.)?

On second thought, can I just have an open world Mount & Blade please?
>>
>>343938131
>>343938202
True, but it's not like they ever tell the Dragonborn to not use the voice against anything other than a dragon. At least, I don't remember them ever saying something like that.
>>
>>343940128
also who gives a fuck about the story choice you made, it's all going to get a retroactive continuity change in 6 which will have 2 extra endings more than skyrim and none of them will be the official ending for when 7 starts.
also we heard you hate being super powerful so we nerfed everything, magic is only destruction or healing, and smithing/town building is now a focus of the game. get a virtual girlfriend and upgrade your +3 stamina + 2 defense iron dagger and quit bitching about the story nobody plays for that you couldn't even fucking hit anything in morrowind you clearly don't know what you like in a video game let alone how you want to play stabbing things.
>>
File: writ.gif (128 KB, 722x599) Image search: [Google]
writ.gif
128 KB, 722x599
>>343940416
doesn't all of morrowind?
>>
>>343940497
Remove N'wahs
>>
>>343940769
They tell him about the Way of the Voice and how it's a pacifistic creed, but again, they're not teaching him the Way of the Voice. That's what Nord pilgrims like Ulfric have to adhere to if they want to learn the Thu'um.
>>
File: 1464035513636.gif (945 KB, 367x309) Image search: [Google]
1464035513636.gif
945 KB, 367x309
During my first playthrough back in 2011 I joined the empire, the only reason I had was because I thought a strong united Empire was the only thing that could push back those elves.

I also felt bad for killing the Emperor..
>>
>>343939847
>the locals have to spend years kicking some pointy eared faggots out of the hostile terrain they know so well

Redguard are fucking useless.
>>
>>343933173
Reminder

Redguards are the master race
>>
>>343929781
I honestly didn't even care for the story it was so boring and shitty. I just did both options for the achievement

Skyrim was the Bethesda game I bought it was so disappointing. I had to force myself to kill time with it because I was poor at the time and had nothing else to play, and in the end just ended up being incredibly bored and hating myself
>>
>>343940774
>+3 stamina + 2 defense
Implying tes VI will have stats.
>>
>>343940929
You're missing an x there, n'wah.
>>
>>343941312
Masters at blowing up their own continent.
>>
Skyrim is a horrible RPG
>kill the emperor
>nothing changes at all
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>343941549
>he doesn't know the lore
>>
File: Rodd_Noward.jpg (22 KB, 382x267) Image search: [Google]
Rodd_Noward.jpg
22 KB, 382x267
>>343941549
>confirmed for never playing Skyrimâ„¢ by Bethesda

There's a very specific voice line that changed from "Emperor Titus Mede" to a more ambiguously shortened "Emperor", allowing players to fill the gap on their own, leading to a wonderful and intricately crafted story by visionaries at Bethesda.

If you think it's such a "horrible" RPG, maybe you should show us yours, anon.
>>
>>343941345
The stat system was honestly kind of an improvement, less grindy.
Who played elderscrolls for a less grindy character system though?

Stat system with weapon types and skill damage scaling really didn't do much to improve the fighting level scale problem oblivion had.
it's kind of like they test the first 5 levels or so of a character and then never level up again.
>>
>>343939237
I tend to skim a bit to see if the book will be interesting, most bore me but I really liked The Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi
>>
File: 1428946804936.gif (963 KB, 290x316) Image search: [Google]
1428946804936.gif
963 KB, 290x316
>playing Morrowind after Skyrim
>reading a book about artifacts
>has some information about the staff of magnus, that one staff from the mage guild quest in Skyrim
>"The Staff of Magnus, one of the elder artifacts of Tamriel, was a metaphysical battery of sorts for its creator, Magnus. When used, it absorbs an enemy's health and mystical energy. In time, the Staff will abandon the mage who wields it before he becomes too powerful and upsets the mystical balance it is sworn to protect."
>Skyrim's version: "Absorb 20 Magicka per second. If the target is out of Magicka, absorb Health instead."
>>
>Can't join the Thalmor as an Altmer
What the fuck, Bethesda?
>>
>>343935747
>and then it's announced everyone will be killed right then and there instead of standing trial in Solitude.

This is a stupid decision. How does it HELP Ulfric to have him summarily executed rather than standing trial? How does demanding his immediate execution serve the Thalmor goal of keeping him alive?
>>
So since the Imperial throne was traditionally always held by one of the dragonborn (technically, since there weren't any dragons to go around slaying anymore), and the Blades are the traditional guardians of the Emperor (though it's more of a coincidence that the dragonborn became the Imperial lineage rather than vice versa), doesn't that technically mean that the throne is, by rights, yours?

Couldn't you go to the Elder Council and make a pretty damning case that you were chosen to lead the Empire, and remove Titus/the Mede family from the throne?

I mean, they can't really say shit about your qualifications when you can literally shout people to death and have at least one ACTUAL FUCKING dragon at your command.
>>
>>343937352
>and ended up getting executions started immediately without trial at all

you remember that alduin stopped Ulfric's death, right? not the thalmor
>>
File: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (36 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg
36 KB, 256x315
>>343941849
Sure thing, Todd, or should i say Toddler.
>>
File: 1435086136680.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1435086136680.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
>>343929781
I killed any army encampments I came across

If there is no more army how can there be a conflict?

Plus it was like squads of 5, pathetic looking for "armies"
>>
>>343942189
...because Tullius isn't the Thalmor and doesn't want him to escape? Let me break it down for you and see if we can figure out where you got lost.

>Ulfric is released by the Thalmor to rebel and fracture Skyrim
>Ulfric has his rebellion
>Tullius is sent to deal with him
>almost immediately Tullius captures him and starts bringing him back to Solitude to stand trial
>Thalmor intervene at Helgen, hoping to get Ulfric released into their custody since they handle Talos-worshipers, then they can "lose" him later, letting him escape and continuing the war
>Tullius sees through the charade and to screw the Thalmor's plans over, orders everyone executed then and there at Helgen
>this is not the Thalmor's plans, but short of attacking Tullius directly, they can't stop it
>at this point, nothing short of the demigod son of Akatosh appearing at this random point of time and space from millennia prior could possibly save Ulfric
>that happens

Got it?
>>
>>343942392
See: >>343942681
>>
What was Alduin's end game?
>>
>>343942172
Good shit, that staff. Put it on Lydia and she became anti mage. But i agree. Alot of the lore could have been fleshed out. Would have made the game alittle more engaging.
>>
>>343942815
He was bored AF and he didn't want to wait until the end of times so he tried to become ruler of Tamriel, and failed.

He'll return with enough power in the future to literally eat the world then.
>>
>>343942351
Admitedly I'm not a super-duper lorefag, but I think the problem is the interpretation of "Dragonborn". The Dragonborn emperors aren't Dragonborn like your Dragonborn.

Lemme clarify:
The Skyrim Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and is an avatar of Akatosh. He's a LITERAL Dragonborn.

The Dragonborn Emperors don't have the souls of dragons, rather they formed a covenant with Akatosh to preserve the boundary between Nirn and Oblivion. The Amulet of Kings was supposed to contain blood from Akatosh if I'm not mistaken.

So they're not the same thing.
>>
>>343942407
Why do you guys gotta pick on Todd all the time?

DESU I havent played a football video game in years but he convinced me it's a viable alternative to RPG's if I didn't refuse to be EA products.
>>
>>343943076
*refuse to buy
fuck im groggy stupid hangovers
>>
>>343943001
Eating the world doesn't seem like the smartest idea though.
>>
>>343942815
Well he's an ancient and powerful dragon who's mere words invoke power
So, I'm guessing, he wanted nord mead
>>
File: 654894632498.jpg (104 KB, 1024x677) Image search: [Google]
654894632498.jpg
104 KB, 1024x677
>>343943303
NOW he tells me!

:^DDDD
>>
File: lusty argonian maid.jpg (80 KB, 611x597) Image search: [Google]
lusty argonian maid.jpg
80 KB, 611x597
>>343939237
Of course
>>
File: 1416045911015.png (19 KB, 286x256) Image search: [Google]
1416045911015.png
19 KB, 286x256
>10 hours into a perma death character
>Decide to do some adventuring
>Come upon bandit camp
>Arrow instantly kills me before I have time to do anything
>mfw UC hardcore damage
>>
File: 1384281628005.jpg (50 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1384281628005.jpg
50 KB, 450x600
>>343943469
>>
I love that /v/ can actually diacuss lore in a civil manner without the whole thing devolving into retarded metaphysics discussions and Kirkbride wankery, unlike some other website.
>>
>>343943003
>>343942351
I think you should have at least the option to become emperor but it should have to be only after you've won the war as an imperial, finished the assassins guild quest double crossing your employer, and finished the blades quest killing paarthurnax.
>>
>>343943841
No, we just have the occasional shitposter interjecting with shit like:

>>343930952
>>343936837
>>343937371

Which get no bites and they storm off to create another angry Todd thread.
>>
>>343929781
[citation needed]
>>
I honestly hope when they make another elder scrolls game they give us the choice of picking perks instead of having perks linked to races

the perks were hilarious unbalanced between races
>>
>>343944409
Speaking as a Breton player, I'm perfectly fine with perks linked to races.
>>
>>343943003

The first Dragonborn Emperors were most assuredly born with the souls of dragons. Talos was, obviously, for sure. Reman Cyrodiil was as well (that's literally what the Akaviri had come to Tamriel looking for). Though the Second Empire didn't exactly turn out too great since the Akaviri eventually took over after the Cyrodiil line died out...

Ongoing generations probably didn't have the 'souls of dragons' and instead just inherited their positions and the covenant with Akatosh.

But the point remains that both the Septim and Cyrodiil dynasties were started when a legitimate Dragonborn rose to power in some dramatic fashion.

The precedent is certainly there. And stopping the civil war, defeating another Dragonborn from out of time, stopping a vampire uprising, then slaying Alduin and saving the world certainly seems like it would be suitably dramatic.
>>
>>343944409
>water-breathing khajit
Nah, you'rea a faggot.
Just accept the supremacy of the Breton race
>>
>>343944409
Idk I didn't find them that bad they each had strengths and weaknesses depending on how you wanted to play through. I think dark elves and bretons were probably most balanced. Imperials kinda suck though but they always kinda do.
>>
File: Shit Aint Logical.jpg (80 KB, 688x547) Image search: [Google]
Shit Aint Logical.jpg
80 KB, 688x547
>You find a Thalmor ledger in the main fucking questline proving that Ulfric's being used and that the Thalmor are deliberately aggravating the Stormcloaks
>Plenty of in-game documents stating that the ban on Talos worship wasn't even enforced until Ulfric started stirring up shit and forced the Empire's hand
>Their defeats in Hammerfell and other evidence makes it clear that the Dominion can't maintain their momentum and will ultimately lose in the long run so long as something stupid - like a completely unfounded rebellion - doesn't happen in the Empire
>Ulfric and many of his followers are clearly racist assholes that even treat the other human races like shit
>mfw people still picked Stormcloaks

I genuinely don't understand how people can be so oblivious to shit that's put right in front of them.
>>
>>343944936
>can't have water breathing magic in a game with magic
>>
>>343940241
Thou speak truth
>>
Which race looks the most like a transformed Vampire Lord? I want to make one that actually looks like it could shift into one.
>>
>>343944409
>the perks were hilarious unbalanced between races
Not everything in a rpg has to be balanced. Morrowind was broken as fuck but was still great fun.
>>
>>343945049

The alternative is siding with the people who tried to have me executed.
>>
>>343930952
This. Who actually keeps up with this bullshit?
>>
>>343945138
Dunmer.
>>
>>343945146
>have character creation
>penalized because you don't want to play a certain race for its bonus
>>
HOON

DING
>>
>>343944868

I also meant to point out that it's not entirely clear if Alessia was a Dragonborn or not. No allusions are made to that effect, anyway. But then, the dragons hadn't come to Skyrim yet anyway (I think).
>>
>>343945146
How was morrowind broken? I'm curious not shit posting.
>>
>>343945317
>Penalized in a single-player game

Oh no how terrible!
>>
>>343944409
More like make interesting fights so you cant just power attack the enemy without thought

>as long as you have 1 Stamina, you can do a power attack

Get your smithing up in like 10 minutes, drink some soup, and power attack for like 25 seconds while ignoring any damage on you. Game needs big difficulty upgrades
>>
Tell me about Valenwood, lorefags.
Why did the bosmer fight with the khajiit?
Also, how does anyone survive in fucking Black Marsh?
>>
>>343937867
The Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and is created by Akatosh. They outright say that you're above the rules and that they cannot have any authority over you, nor do you have to follow the Way.
>>
>>343945317
>penalized
>Play that race anyway
>have fun
>still become extremely strong after level 20

I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>343945501
People don't survive in the black marsh
>>
>>343945261
Maybe you did something really bad and deserved it
>>
>>343945457
>More like make interesting fights so you cant just power attack the enemy without thought
Please don't say such things in an elderscrolls thread. sometimes devs are around they'll totally take out anything resembling a power attack and it'll just be generic hit key button mash until out of stamina then you can't move or do anything below 25% stam.
>>
>>343945457
Sword and shield combat with all the block perks on Legendary is pretty fun though
>>
File: get_out_this_thread.jpg (59 KB, 359x266) Image search: [Google]
get_out_this_thread.jpg
59 KB, 359x266
>>343945317
It's only a penalty if you're the kind of retard who has to min-max literally everything. You can easily beat any TES game with any race and if you pick any race in any game solely for the racials you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>343945378
>Alchemy was stupidly overpowered and easily exploitable (see int potion exploit)
>Late in the game magic is considerably more powerful than other playstyles
>can reach 100% physical dodge and spell absorption at the same time

The list goes on and on.
>>
>>343945317
>Why can't I choose to play as a priest but still wear the cool Warriors armour it's not fair
>>
File: 1418352590075.jpg (74 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1418352590075.jpg
74 KB, 454x453
>200 hours of skyrim
>NEVER take a companion with me if i am not forced due to quests (like with the vampire girl)
>always prefer to go alone because i don't trust my followers stealth skill over mine

i can't be the only one?
>>
>>343945457
Play harder difficulty
>problem solved.
>>
>>343946156
I do the same but I almost never play stealth characters. The AI followers have is fucking awful and they do a better job at blocking doorways than fighting anything.

I do usually run a Conjuration character and throw Daedra at a problem until it goes away, though. Followers are a lot better when I can manage their AI by making them appear and disappear at the touch of a button.
>>
>>343946156
You literally can't have a companion if you pay stealth in Skyrim; they ALWAYS get discovered/trigger traps or when you land a stealth attack, your companion runs up and starts attacking them. The companion AI in Skyrim is not good; they're basically distractions for the enemies because the enemies always attack your companion before you.
>>
>>343946156
I did this for stealth for a good while, but im a pack rat, so i need a suitable mule. Also, i like the companions in the game. It gives me another thing to play fashion souls with.
>>
>>343946156
Me too on stealth characters. Nothing quite beats exterminating entire maps with never being seen.
>>
>>343946156
I just tell them to wait at the start of the dungeon.
>>
>>343946593
why even have them then
>>
>>343946681
To hold his loot, I'm guessing.
>>
>>343946120
Yeah now that you mention it I do remember literally flying all over the map lol, but those things were kinda cool to me and I also thought you were specifically referring to the races being broken.
>>
>>343929781
>A female Dragonborn plays no differently
>No unique or different interactions
>No implications this is good or bad for the world
>No bikini armor in vanilla game
>>
>>343946681
I enjoy the company.
>>
>>343946156

Followers are almost without exception a liability. Serana isn't too bad though, she's got good enough skills and a decent AI package, so she won't usually trip you up TOO much. She mostly lurks in the back chucking spells.

I imagine there are some mods out there that tweak the AI a bit and bolster their skills some so they aren't just stomping around all day.

There IS, however, an enchantment that muffles footsteps. Giving boots enchanted with that to your followers helps a lot. Though if the item isn't an upgrade you will need a follower mod to give you direct control over their equipment (you should be doing this anyway because the in game controls suck). EFF is useful.
>>
>>343933173
>altmer
>lesser breed
lol k kid
>>
Doesn't all TES lore basically just boil down to "keikaku doori t. Lorkhan"?
>>
File: 1408543297950.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>343946156
>Play Light loving Paladin with Dawnbreaker and Auriel's Shield, full Dawnguard armor
>mfw QT OP as fuck Vampire Serena from main quest
>mfw can't let her go

I'M HAVING A MORAL DILEMMA
>>
>>343947171
Everyone is Lorkhan, yes.
>>
So which school of magic will they remove in TES6?
>>
I wish the effects of the Shouts was amplified/the cooldown of the Shouts was lessened the more Dragon Souls you collected. It would at least make them more viable.
>>
File: MARIA A CUTIE.jpg (87 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
MARIA A CUTIE.jpg
87 KB, 800x567
>>343945283
Nerds.
>>
>>343943841
this is a skyrim specific thread, not a morrowind thread. also you are a fag
>>
>>343929781
No ones try to fucking cut my orc-head and get alive. Fuck imperials.
And the Dark Brotherhood too. Kidnapping ME? WTH
>>
Reminder

https://youtu.be/GLmlxX8QeVI

6:14
>>
>>343947293
You can cure her you realize.
>>
>>343930952
>>343945283
Fuck off, bet you faggots were toddlers when morrowind came out
>>
File: stealth archers.jpg (2 MB, 800x3176) Image search: [Google]
stealth archers.jpg
2 MB, 800x3176
>>343934801
>muh neegro race that can't be trusted to have your back and act like they are better than everyone else because they fuck everyone else over to help themselves
>muh meme lizards that are so unstoppable and badass even though they got pushed back the moment the dunmer got their shit together
You don't know shit.
>>
>>343947471
Yeah but then she wouldn't have qt orange eyes
>>
>>343946681
What I wouldn't give for a packmule bought at the stables
But I have followers instead
>>
>make informed decisions

dude, it's a videogame, you are not voting for president or some shit
>>
>>343937867
>>343932098
What about all the fucking hundreds of undead nords in every crypt using the voice as a weapon?
>>
>>343947342
Then what's all this bullshit about Anu and Padomay or their avatars or whatever (Auriel/Sithis) and one of them getting cucked.

Might have been fanfiction, but who can tell at this point.
>>
>>343933173
>God tier
Dunmer
Chimer
Argonian
Redguards
>Lesser breed tier
Altmer
Bosmer
>Dead goldess heathens tier
Dwemer
>Daedra shit tier
Orismer
>Disgusting tier
Nords
Cyrods
Breton
>Animal tier
Khajiit
>>
>>343947504
>Imperials hail from the province of Oblivion

triggered

funny image tho lmao
>>
>>343930952
Woah nigga. Hold up. You serious?
>>
Daily reminder to all cucks, TES Orcs have small dicks, because they're elves.
>>
>>343930952
>>343945283
gay
>>
>>343941549
>killing the emperor
>not blowing up the entire Dark Brotherhood just for kidnapping you
>>
The civil war was boring as fuck anyways. Oh look a dozen guys with 50hp and some shitty swords. What a battle. Should have let the player start their own army and take over.
>>
>>343937589

I thought Talos was just another Shezzarine.
>>
>>343947582
More metaphorical than anything. Anu and Padomay ultimately are just one subgradient of a greater being, their interplay creates the Aurbis.

Mostly just understand that: Lorkhan sees things could be pretty fucking neato if they made the mortal plane, they do that, some other people get pissy and kill him and Lorkhan's been trying to move things forward and stop being from being whiny fuckers and actually see how cool the thing he's talking about is.
>>
>>343947570
They are evil undead, don't think they give much of a shit.
>>
>>343933173
>God tier
Breton, Dunmer, Nord

>High tier
High Elves, Imperial

>Mid tier
Redguard

>Low tier
Wood Elves

>Shit tier
Khajiit, Argonian
>>
>>343947504
>Pushed back
Pushing the meme lizards back isn't really an accomplishment. Try invading them and see how that plays out. They're literally unbeatable on their home turf. Even bullshit like the Numidium might not cut it, and that's basically the "I win" card everyone dreams of playing.
>>
>>343947797
Talos is several shezzarines coalesced into one being, think of him like a half-finished Lorkhan. Exactly like a half-finished Lorkhan.
>>
File: 1416295228928.jpg (7 KB, 218x250) Image search: [Google]
1416295228928.jpg
7 KB, 218x250
>join imperials
>"somebody needs to stop that bastard Ulfric!"
>okay
>walk to windhelm
>walk right into the throne room
>kill ulfric right there
>he just goes on a knee because he's an essential NPC and the retarded fucking devs didn't think of this

I was seriously mad

it's not like it was easy to do, either, because he was surrounded by a bunch of powerful bodyguards
>>
>>343947009
What really makes Serana good is that she's essential, which means that you can't accidentally kill her and she's a nice distraction for the higher level enemies.
>>
>>343947905
>invading
Why?
Also Numidium did conquer them, that was the point.
Black Marsh anyway isn't a place anyone really wants. It's a piece of shit that's uninhabitable, save for the slaves as a resource.
>>
>>343947403
I wish I could play as a Dragonborn that was really excited about shouts and learned to do combat using nothing but shouts with like 2 second cool downs.
Why is there a cool down on yelling anyway?
>>
>>343947990
>you can't accidentally kill her

If you're 'accidentally' killing your companions I don't think the liability really lies with them.
>>
>>343947810
I'm talking about literal cucking senpai. Something about the god head and his two halves fight over a woman. The more I remember i, the more I think it's fanfiction I read somewhere, it was pretty neato though.

Also, tell the Enderal fags their shit sucks.
>>
>>343947990
>not making Serana your personal cockslave
>>
>>343947949
Half the fucking NPCs in the game are essential now since they got rid of random citizens after Morrowind. I can't even kill a town when I get bored anymore because everyone just gets back up now.
>>
>>343937606
Nah if anything they'll do a Dragon Break where the Empire won in some ways and the Stormcloaks won in others. Like they signed a treaty where Ulfric is made High King in exchange for keeping Skyrim in the Empire or something.
>>
>>343947920
Talos is a separate entity from Tiber Septim, correct?
>>
File: shut yo mouth up.png (409 KB, 493x498) Image search: [Google]
shut yo mouth up.png
409 KB, 493x498
>>343947872
and where is fucking orsimer you giant faggot
officially discarded
>>
>>343929781
The stupid players go stormcloak because muh freedom

The slightly educated players go Empire to keep the Empire strong

The truly dedicated go stormcloak because they know the Empire is illegitimate without a dragonborn on the throne and must be torn down
>>
>>343947504
Came here for this
>>
>>343948239
In the same way your finger is a separate entity from your hand.

>>343948162
>Also, tell the Enderal fags their shit sucks.

Why? So far it's been great. Are you just mad that you can't read german?
>>
>>343947949
What's really fun to do is going to Ulfric's throne room after the Stormcloaks lose, shouting at all the essential generals sitting at that long table, and getting them all to attack you at the same time. 20 Nords shouting obscenities at you all at the same time is a sight to behold.
>>
>>343947905
Still proves they aren't an unstoppable god-army that could defeat the combined forces of the Empire + Thalmor + daedra + dwemer + space marines + Kirby as fans claim.
>>
>>343945501
Valenwood is populated by Bosmer who live in giant ambulatory trees.

No, you didn't read that wrong. Thing redwoods (except bigger), and they move around. The bosmer live in cities that are situated in the branches of these moving trees. I assume the trees can also move their branches and as such could smash the shit out of the Bosmer if they wanted; to prevent this, the Bosmer have a thing called the Green Pact, which states a Bosmer cannot eat any vegetation that comes from Valenwood. They can only eat meat and imported plants.

Thats kind of all I know, to be honest.
>>
>>343946336
>turning the enemies into sponges makes combat more interesting
>>
>>343938131
That isn't why Ulfric learned to use it. Ulfric was basically going to become a Greybeard until the Aldmeri Dominion invaded Cyrodil and Ulfric felt like it was necessary for him to help defend the Empire and use the voice towards that.
>>
File: 222.jpg (45 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
45 KB, 800x500
Be not afraid
>>
>>343948167
>Wanting to turn Molag Bal's cum sock into a cockslave
You're literally drooling over the equivalent of used fleshlight. Daughters of Coldharbour aren't your average sloppy seconds.
>>
>>343948445
Thhey also eat the corpse of their fallen enemies.
>>
>>343945740
Fucking great
>>
>>343948304
Orcs aren't a playable race you faggot
>>
>>343948206
I can understand and accept some random NPC involved in a quest being essential so they don't die offscreen to a wolf wondering into town or falling off a cliff because of bad pathfinding, but there's absolutely no reason to make Ulfric essential when it's obvious that a lot of players will want to kill him eventually, even people that side with stormcloak rebellion.
>>
I only just started playing skyrim for the first time a few weeks ago. Im finding that literally everything can be accomplished with a bow. Am I playing it right?
>>
>>343947810
>Anuiel, who was the soul of all things, therefore became many things, and this interplay was and is the Aurbis.
>>
Tell me about Arena and Daggerfall. I recently watched a speedrun of them and it got me interested in them, particularly about how you could adventure around the entirety of Tamriel instead of just one province at a time.

Are they good games? Are they hard to get into? Is the lore consistent with earlier entries?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.