[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started with Battleborns, I defended that game and mayb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: I dunno man.png (3 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
I dunno man.png
3 KB, 142x138
So I started with Battleborns, I defended that game and maybe hated a little bit. I went to OW and had little fun with it, but soon I started noticing that the game too had glaring problems (the game modes were boring compared to BB game modes. The map might be bigger but more detailed, but it's 50/50 whether that matters when the core gameplay, while more solid, is less fun).

So I start thinking.. what about the tickrate? afaik, Battleborn does not suffer from the same glaring tickrate problem OW does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgzgK2Eky8

So I'm back in the table wondering, why did so many people dismiss Battleborn without ever playing it? Did Blizzard really have such strong marketing that it made people dislike Battleborn before even trying the game? I mean the game has problems yes, the combat is slow and it's poorly optimized compared to OW, but gameplay also has some strengths, I like the leveling / skill upgrading.

Why did this game never have chance? At its peak it had 12k players, but surely that too is not much? 12k is not a lot for a new online shooter.

So I guess my thread is kind of "what went wrong", but also kind of "well OW is not that much better either".
>>
Nobody cares
>>
>>343928221
Because Activision-Blizzard did such a good job brainwashing it's audience via marketing that people can't accept anything else.

Although battlebprn still has some fucked up design choices.
>>
>>343928728
If that's the case, why do people care OW enough to make 20 threads about it here, when BB is not much different game from it?
>>
>>343928221

Because battleborn looks like fucking garbage, is trying to jump in on an oversaturated market.

Gearbox are incompetent fucking jews, and people are starting to wake up to it.

I'm glad that Battleborn flopped so hard.
>>
Two diferent types of games,Jesus Christ we've been over this

Just because they are FPSs with "Hero characters" doesn't mean they are the same game.
>>
>>343929297
>is trying to jump in on an oversaturated market
So is blizzard with overwatch and heroes of the storm, yet not even they got this much shit over it

>Gearbox are incompetent fucking jews, and people are starting to wake up to it.
So they made some games you don't like, does it mean every their game is bad?
>>
Wife foos
>>
>>343929479
>Two diferent types of games
>implying
https://youtu.be/FElmjlzdSSM?t=130
>>
Overwatch is far better because of character diversity and replayability. Battleborn is fine for a single playthrough but I haven't touched the mp after a few matches. Unlocking characters is also retarded, I wanted Phoebe but by the time I got her I finished the campaign on hard and never looked back. Will probably play dlc once it's all out and never touch it again.
>>
>>343928221
Because BB looks like artifacted shit on even slightly compressed footage and goes for realism in style,that never pans out good.Blizzard threw billions in marketing bb did not.Blizzard has drones, bb does not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.