[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a 1080 monitor. /g/ just kept wanking about 4k.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Need a 1080 monitor. /g/ just kept wanking about 4k.
>>
Not looking to spend more than £150
>>
Dell s440 monitor
>>
Is the difference between 5ms and 2 ms important?
>>
>>343924302
No because if you're on a budget you won't notice the difference at all
>>
>>343923360

The most important factor bar the size you want and a reputable brand with a good warranty is getting an IPS panel rather than TN. The color and contrast is worlds better.

Seriously, I'd never be able to get the brightness right in games where they ask you to adjust until one symbol is visible and the other isn't, until I got an IPS panel. now every game by default is at the perfect setting because the colors appear completely as intended.

Unless you are serious into twitch competitive games like counter strike, then go for a TN. But if you're gaming for enjoyment I can't recommend an IPS enough.
>>
Never heard of ips / tn. The color stuff does bother me since I like a lot of horror stuff
>>
>>343925910
Like this?
>>
>>343926605

Me neither, I saw it randomly in a youtube video a few months back when I was doing some research.

It does add a bit to the cost but there's sales all the time, you'd be able to find a 24 inch in your price range no problem. I'd recommend pcpartpicker for comparing prices.
>>
>>343926859

Yup, I have a very similar model, but 27 inch. If you're looking for something simple and dependable I'd say it's perfect.
>>
Get an ips. Dont go any higher than 5ms. Look at the acer, dell, or lg brand for ultrawides.
>>
File: monitor.png (177 KB, 878x487) Image search: [Google]
monitor.png
177 KB, 878x487
I used this one for a while, it was pretty good.
It also comes with a copy of nudoom i think
>>
>>343925910
This so much. The improved color clarity is a fuckhuge improvement to practically every game, everything is so much more vibrant and it's easier to get brightness for darker games right because colors don't shift when you move your head.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.