[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 9 hours in at some place called Whitewood. When does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg (62 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg
62 KB, 250x310
I'm 9 hours in at some place called Whitewood.

When does it get good?
>>
If you don't like the game by the time everyone has 3 paradigms to switch between, then the game isn't for you. That's about it. The joy in it is the combat system pretty exclusively, and if it's doing nothing for you, abandon it.

Other people may tell you to hang on 20-25 hours when you can choose your exact party and the game is "open world" but honestly there's no point in suffering for that long if it's not your kind of game.
>>
>>343919062
I do enjoy the Paradigm system but it's just that I'm stuck in the same area for like 2 hours before I get to move on, and have to keep shifting between different people, and to me that's very boring.
>>
>>343919174
There will be a point where you can freely choose your party members and all of their roles, but it's not for a while yet. You;re about halfway to that point I think.
>>
>>343919174

If you're where I think you are, with Lightning and Hope in the mechanized forest area with all of the holding pens for monsters, that was the worst part of the game for me. Dragged on forever. Pretty much all up from there.
>>
>>343919596
Fuck's sake I've only JUST got in there
aggggggggggggg
>>
>>343918791
Never

>Full Sentinel
>Full Medic
>Com RAV RAV
>repeat until fight is over

That in a few branching corridors is what you get when the game gets """""good"""""
>>
>>343919802

You can get through it. Don't grind via reloading. Don't bother with weapon upgrades yet. Don't bother reading the codex (which only summarizes what just happened anyway).

Let the game just fully coax you into a lull of battle after battle down the hallway. It's fun. It's calming. Enjoy it.

You can let people lie to you and tell you that 13-2 is way better if you need motivation to get through 13. It's actually a lot worse, but opinions and all that.
>>
>>343920182
>Don't grind via reloading.
Wasn't planning on it.
>Don't bother with weapon upgrades yet.
Welp level 5 weapons oh well.
>Don't bother reading the codex (which only summarizes what just happened anyway).
Kinda sorta did because the game wouldn't fucking say what falCie were.
>>
7 games ago
>>
>>343920282

That stuff about the falCie annoyed me as well. Hated the beginning of the game with all the characters using lingo that they treated like common knowledge, but leaving the player in the dark.
>>
File: 1341388769400.jpg (3 KB, 127x127) Image search: [Google]
1341388769400.jpg
3 KB, 127x127
>he doesn't know
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.