[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 >TLoZ: The Wind Waker >Fire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: SSBB_Cover.jpg (42 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
SSBB_Cover.jpg
42 KB, 256x360
>Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
>TLoZ: The Wind Waker
>Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

So how come this game hasn't yet developed a following of contrarian hipsters who weed out all criticism? It was, after all, more hyped at launch than the above games, and better-reviewed (apart from WW).
>>
Brawl is a more coherent game than Smash 4, but Smash 4 has better gameplay and more characters, plus everyone moved on to it (both the casual base and tourneyfags)
>>
>>343918990
So what Smash do the contrarian hipsters play? There's Maylay, but it's essentially the "genwunner" analogue.
>>
>>343919137
PM still, or 64.
>>
>>343918520
That's what happens when you show blatant contempt for your playerbase and actually go out of your way to undermine the way they want to play games. Even the casuals will call it out for the trash it is.
>>
File: 1466184852700.gif (3 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1466184852700.gif
3 MB, 550x309
>>343918520

>implying people who like B2W2 are being contrarian

Have you considered that you just have shit taste?
>>
>>343919469
Not really. Casuals all loved Brawl and was a mainstray for parties throughout the Wii's life.
>>
>>343918520
>implying B2 and W2 aren't the pinnacle of the series
>>
>>343919494
They generally like HGSS just like the normies, true, but normies tend to prefer Gens I and II as well as XY over the entirety of Gen V.
>>
File: ssbb-tripping.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ssbb-tripping.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
I went to the midnight launch for Brawl, and went back to Melee within a few months. With no more online and Sm4sh existing the only reasons to go back are Snake and ICs. But I'll never want to play it again thanks to pic related.
>>
>>343919818
Case in point, people claim that about the other two games I mentioned. SSBB has lots of things in common with them, so I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't have the same kind of following:

>irrelevant for competitive play (since Gen V of Pokémon is no longer Wi-Fi accessible)
>controversial and disliked with normies and more nostalgic fans
>lots of content you wouldn't get anywhere else in the series (SSE, Snake, etc.)

And so on.
>>
>>343918990
Agreed.
>>
>>343918520
Because it has forced animation and its terrible.
>>
>>343918520
BW2 has been considered the best since release by hardcore fans.
Brawl will never have the same.
>>
>>343919603
And they moved on as soon as smash 4 came out.

Meanwhile, plenty of casuals still play melee and 64.
>>
>>343921106
brawl is still fairly popular with casuals.
it sold like 500k last year.
>>
>>343919494
That gif makes me want to kill myself just looking at it
>>
Brawl is undeniably the worst Smash game. Floaty physics and tripping make it unfun for even the most casual players.
>>
>>343918520
path of radiance has issues but its still a pretty amazing game
>>
>>343918520
BW2 and WW were akways great, but Project M came out which is Brawl but objectively better in every way
>>
>>343922080
But, it had the best singleplayer and best music content.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.