[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BUFF ZENYATTA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 8.png (457 KB, 592x443) Image search: [Google]
8.png
457 KB, 592x443
150 health

>Absolutely no mobility options

>1 shot by Widowmaker, 2 shot by reinhardt/mei/Hanzo,

>Hard countered by Hanzo, Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya,

>Heals only 30HP a second to ONE target, and has to wait for travel time

>Orbs are line of sight based and can't even work with windows or through shields

>Right click LOWERS orb damage to 30 per orb and can only be properly used on sentries and bastion

>ult is still affected by knockback and being pinned, only healing 100HP a second

>Has same fire rate as Mei's right click, but only does 45 damage an orb (90 + Discord) vs. her 75.

>Has a hitbox the size of canada because of his over-exaggerated animations that makes him an easy target, especially to projectiles

>Has no passives

>0% usage in competitive because hes so underpowered

Seriously, I love zenyatta, being able to play offensively while supporting and get kills is amazing, but at some point when you get into higher levels and everyone figures out the game, the magic goes away and Zen gets fucked by so many factors that he just can't compete with Mercy and Lucio for support/healing

They make him a very offensive and capable warrior, whos secondary job is debuff and healing, but he is so glass and immobile that he can't properly serve his designed functions right.

How would you buff Zen to make him more viable to better serve his roll as offensive healer?

Suggestions:

>50 HP +125 Shield

>Make Orbs instant like Zarya's shields and let them persist for 5-6 seconds out of Line of Sight

>Boost healing to 40 health per second

>Passive ability to not be affected by traps, splash damage, and other attacks based on the ground (because he is floating)

>Ult casts Discord to those in its range as well

>Can float and move freely in any direction moving at normal movespeed while holding jump
>>
that image haha

hes shit though only retards as stupid as hanzo shitters think hes a viable support
>>
>>343916734
>only healing 100HP a second
>>
>>343916734
>Not picking zenyatta when you have a lucio

I win ranked games with him all the time. The enemy team usually has only one healer if I go double support its an easy win. People just need to stay far back with him and debuff tanks for easy kills.

I guess he could use a tiny buff tho.
>>
>>343916734
Zenyatta is just there for laughs. He is Gengis grandad and lives in a retirement home.
>>
>>343916734
Yeah, 4chan is the place to get your balance ideas the attention they need. Or is it the place to bitch and whine without people from your games community knowing who you are and making fun of you? Idk I always get them mixed up.
>>
>>343916734
My own suggestion would be +25-50hp and that passive since it makes sense
>>
>>343917271
Doesn't really mean much when Mercy by default with mobility does 50HP/s

Also on top of that things like Junkrat bombs, Pharah rockets, Rocket at close range, Zarya as 50% charge, and Widowmaker already cab do 100 Damage per second.

Then consider that all 3 other supports are much more viably in suitability or getting people back into the fight. Sound barrier gives you an extra 800 health for 6 seconds instead just healing you as good a 2 mercys for 6 seconds.

And ressurection/ teleporter actually get people back in the fight almost immediately while Lucio can half the time of normal rollout from the spawn, Zenyatta offers nothing but support in healing to people within 10 feet.
>>
>>343916734
>hard countered by hazno, widow, zarya, wintston, widow, junkrat, pharah, symmetra, winston, torbyorn, widow, mcree, reaper, roadhog, dva, tracer, soldier 76, genji, winston, and widow

fixed. basicallly any character who focuses on him can kill him. It is only even-ground with shitty hanzos, shitty tracers, and oblivious mercys/lucios. he is good for picking people off, but the fact that you have stay within eye contact of your orb targets, make him very high risk/low reward. anyone on a equal skill level can take you 1 vs 1.
>>
Just make him a glass cannon, keep his health as it is and make his orbs hit harder (including his alt fire so it's actually viable). Also Widow can no longer one shot him with the new patch.
>>
>>343917982
Yeah bro, it's not like tens of thousands of people come here everyday and people don't shill their games here. It isn't like 4chan has made any games go viral, amirite?
>>
>>343916734
Ult should heal and discord any characters in your field of view instead of a radius around you. Having any radius around you just results in Zen having to shuffle himself in the middle of the fighting, which causes him to basically instantly die the moment it ends.
>>
>>343918563
Also make his orbs heal/debuff without los, but of course with a limited range.
>>
Your SHIFT target should be able to see your E target through walls.
>>
>>343918881
Doesn't really help when your orbs go away when you die, and you're still brittle as paper.
>>
>>343916975
The OP clearly knows he's shit, anon, hence the suggestions to try and make him less shit.
>>
>Allies are unable to die while in the radius of Transcendance, but can still take damage. Reduce the heal a little bit so people can theoretically kill them easier after transcendance ends. Becomes the ultimate counter ult capable of surviving 6 other ults
>Increase HP to 25 HP 150 shields
>Increase M1 damage to 50 so he can oneshot Tracers with a discorded M1 headshot
>Increase M2 damage to 45

Fixed
>>
>>343918881
That would actually be a really welcome change.
>>
>>343917271
That's his ult which can be outdamaged
>>
>>343916734
Make 100% of his health shield, bump it to 175, and give him a booster jump passive like phariah, and transcendence also buffs everyone in radius to 150% damage (as if he had discord on the target) and you're done.

Now he's mobile enough to keep LOS, bulky enough to not instantly die to a sneeze, self healing, and can actually push and be useful with his ult.
>>
File: 1393371336870.gif (422 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1393371336870.gif
422 KB, 500x255
>That feel when that condition actually exists and babies have been killed while their mother gives birth to them simply by being crushed.
>>
>>343921015
Most rational one, we really need an ult that hard counters others ults(mercy doesnt fucking count)
>>
>>343921015
Still has no mobility options for himself and less utility than every other suppose in getting people back to the front line.

Also his healing is shit and has to accommodate for travel time as well.
>>
>>343916734
I enjoy backseat game design
>Orbs do not disappear when leaving line of sight, but instead has it's effects reduced.
>Harmony heals 20 HPS outside of LOS, and 40 within LOS.
>Discord amplifies damage by 20% outside of LOS, and 50% within LOS.
>All allies can see Discord marker if within Zenyatta's LOS.

also i really like
>Passive ability to not be affected by traps, splash damage, and other attacks based on the ground (because he is floating)
>>
At bare minimum, buff his harmony orb so he's a more effective solo healer.
>>
Honestly they should just rework Zen.

He's majorly flawed from a gameplay standpoint. They should just either totally take away his discord orbs or healing and focus on one or the other.
>>
>>343916734
>1 shot by Widowmaker
Wut? How are you playing unpatched?
>>
Only thing I'd fix would be his HP, pretty annoying getting killed by a decent widowmaker in one shot

I actually think Zenyatta is one of the most powerful characters, if you work together with his orb of discord, enemies will die in the blink of an eye.
>>
Widow doesnt one shot him anymore unless its a headshot and if you're close enough to a reinhardt that his damage is an issue then you're just shit and thats not zens fault
>>
>>343918570
>le magic of le 4chan
:^)
>>
>>343924068
>console
>>
>>343916734
>>Hard countered by Hanzo, Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya,
I think you mean Genji and Tracer, those you mentioned can be avoided by just keeping your distance but Genji/Tracer will fuck him up in a split second.
>>
>>343924068
You forgot the part where the enemy team just needs to pick a Tracer and Zenny will die over and over again, but maybe that's not a thing on consoles
>>
>>343924783
Playing on PC for awhile makes my left index finger hurt anon :( And using a controller would be no different than playing on console

>>343925410
Tracer is the fucking worst man. I actually had to increase my aim sensitivity(I'm not a fan of turning 180 degrees at a little tap of the aiming joystick, but my aim also wasn't slow as a snail) cause tracer tracing behind me was the worst
>>
>make the m2 charge attack deal 45 damage
>ult now knocks enemies back a fuck ton on activation
>increase orb headshot damage to a flat 100
>let orbs reliably be able to shoot down enemy projectiles
>>
>>343925250
No, because Zen has no mobility options he can't readily keep his distance, and in almost every single situation, those 4 hard counter him

>Zarya
Shield blocks damage and can fire tearing through his brittle health even at only 10% charge

>Reinhardt
Shield keeps him from throwing discord and he can 2 shot him with the hammer and take him down to 50 health with his fireball alone

>Mei
He has the same fire rate as him with her alt fire and can 2 shot him while also slowing down his movement and DPS by freezing him. She can also trap him and just heal off damage and then reengage and kill him

>hanzo
Fully charged arrow brings him down to 25HP, and with his hitbox being so massive its hard NOT to hit him. Then any second arrow of any charge finishes him off. Not to mention scattershot is an instakill

>Tracer and genji
That does without saying. They are fast with high DPS and can easily dodge his slow as fuck fire rate

However we forgot to mention

>Winston
So much health and armor that he can tank 7 orbs WHILE DISCORDED before dying, and his gun is non avoidable dealing 53 Damage per second, meaning that in 2.8 seconds you're gone, and unlike genji and tracer who are mobile enough to try and get away, you're fucked. Not to mention his shield

>Reaper
Only possible way to win this is if you have a good 20 meter distance, and even then he can just Wraith up close to you and 1-2 shot you, and heal off your corpse whatever damage you did

>Junkrate
Both his Trap does 80 damage and locks you in place helpless, his concussion mine does 110 and flings you into the fray, his normal shot deals 110 and can be massively spammed, and even killing him could end in your death as his corpse deals 300 damage.

Hell i'd even list Mccree post nerf on there, but with Fan nerffed, he can't instankill Zen anymore a midrange in 1 second.

But still, a large portion of the cast just hard counters Zen into the ground
>>
>>343916734
If I sneezed at Zenyatta would i actually kill him by mistake?
>>
>>343916734
Healing Orb heals in an AOE around the target, not just the target
>>
>>343927720
uh what? I think you just had a lucio around.
>>
>>343925907
he's saying that an impressive score means fuck all because consoles are where the worst players unite
>>
>>343927867
No, it should work that way. Not that it does.
>>
>>343927702
yes, 150 health and no mobility where Phar and Junk deal 110 damage per direct hit is suicide.
>>
THE worst part of playing Zenyatta is the fucking slog back to the frontline. There's nothing more fucking frustrating than getting one-shotted by some bullshit halfway across the map and having to trek back or wait for your team to regroup all over again

I really like the float idea though. I've found Zenyatta works better on high ground where you can maintain a better view of the battle and keep out of range
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>343916734
God tier:
Lucio

Meh tier:
Mercy

Shit tier:
Zenyatta

You don't even heal and you're better than Zen tier:
Symmetra
>>
File: 1288068640620.jpg (41 KB, 675x612) Image search: [Google]
1288068640620.jpg
41 KB, 675x612
>>343931124
>tfw Mercy bores you cos it feels just like playing TF2 Medic
>>
File: Mercy Sucks.png (178 KB, 629x452) Image search: [Google]
Mercy Sucks.png
178 KB, 629x452
>>343931730
It sucks even worse with the lack of overheal, uber, and weapon choices.

When your team is fully healed all you can do is give one person a 30% damage boost or do some shit damage yourself.

And when you do get your ult you will probably die using it and god help you if your team was spread out or fell off the map.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.