[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technomancer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 569470.jpg (80 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
569470.jpg
80 KB, 620x420
What are /v's thoughts on Technomancer? Felt like it flew right under the radar for me as I never heard a thing about it until I stumbled upon it on psn.

Reviews have pretty much said it's shit but has anyone here given it a go yet?

My main concern: you're a technomancer but throughout all the gameplay I've seen you do nothing 'technomancer' esque. You charge your weapons with electricity but that basically just makes you Cole from Infamous.

Thoughts?
>>
>>343913412
>The Good
>Feels like a Bioware game

>The Bad
>Average graphics
>Cliched storyline
>Dull gameplay

Now wait a goddamn second
>>
>>343913412
Main character is literally called Tech N.O. Mancer.
>>
>Feels like a Bioware game
>good
>>
>>343913412
The good
>in-depth RPG elements
>Combat is good fun

The bad
>Average graphics (sounds more average than bad)
>Dull Gameplay (What's this referring to? The combat is apparently fun)

And I'm not sure what that last point mean,s are you the superhero character or does it mean in terms of cutscenes or enemies.

Reading the review may help, but I don't know what site that is.
>>
Has really noone made the connection that this is a sort of sequel to Mars War Logs? All I see is shitters going around posting Technomancer lel what is this
>>
File: 1352065980158.png (39 KB, 91x163) Image search: [Google]
1352065980158.png
39 KB, 91x163
>Combat is fun
>Dull gameplay.

???
>>
File: shills.jpg (284 KB, 1185x1049) Image search: [Google]
shills.jpg
284 KB, 1185x1049
>>343913412
>>
>>343915481
>What's this referring to? The combat is apparently fun
Probably refers to questing involving a lot of running about.
>>343913412
Love me Spiders RPG, their settings and characters are well endearing to me
>>
>>343913412
>Reviewers hate it
It's pretty great. GOTY for me so far
>>
Controlled like shit for the first hour or two until I got used to it, then I started feeling like I was playing ME1 again.
>>
This shit is actually breddy good once you get into it and hard as fuck
>>
Those pros and cons are the most confusing shit I've ever seen.

They need to stop letting fucking interns rate games that don't shill. It truly ruins the image and promise of a game due to many people relying on reviews to make a purchase decision.

>average graphics

what

>feels a bit like a bioware game

What professional writes like that?

>combat is good fun

much good, such wow

>dull gameplay

But I thought combat is good fun

>cliched storyline

So you don't like bioware games?

>Guns too powerful

so combat is good fun or not good fun?

>supposed superhero style characters can die too easily

what
>>
Combat becomes somewhat fun when you max technomancy tree. Zapping motherfuckers and giving them a literal electric bitchslap is pretty hilarious.
But overall it feels like a ten years old RPG. Something like ME1. Good and atmospheric music, mediocre/shit writing, pretty good setting.
>>
>>343917027
>hard as fuck
Too bad it's hard in a way that makes it perpetually tedious instead of rewarding.
>>
>>343913982
I'm dying

This isn't even that funny but I'm dying
>>
>>343917027
It's only hard if you don't go with 2h staff. That shit has a fucking DWGR flip from dark souls with such an immense fuckton of iframes i could forward flip into bosses without getting damaged. And that shit can be upgraded.
>>
>>343917130
What build? Guardian with consistent timing bashes the hell out of anything in good time.
>>
File: 1455583420907.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1455583420907.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>cute redhead explorer girl
>she swears like a last motherfucker
>>
>>343915271
Yes.

Are his partners Miss Demeanor and Fellow Knee?
>>
>>343917325
Rogue's the same, no? It's been the approach to balance since Bound by Flame. I kinda wish for War Logs' "crowd control or die" with bigger bestiary, but this does the job for me.
>>
>>343918006
Rogue has a normal roll. Flip is a thing for a staff.
And with technomancy you can CC pretty hard. That AOE technomancy rapes entire groups and that rogue girl has an AOE knockdown poison attack
>>
Only criticisms I've seen that anyone seems to agree on are that the character models don't express themselves as well as most games would, and that you early mooks can tank hits from a high-level character build.

Beyond that, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as some reviews claim.
>>
>>343913412
Good
>combat is fun
Bad
>dull gameplay

Oi vey goi someone didn't pay enough shekels to the reviewer!
>>
>>343918241
I know the move, I'm talking about i-frames.
As for CC, I mean that it isn't as essential, because dodge and parry are so good. Also, I miss sand attack, reading crucial combat information from character models gives me a kick.
>>
>>343915919
>Has really noone made the connection that this is a sort of sequel to Mars War Logs? All I see is shitters going around posting Technomancer lel what is this
Even those of us who owned that game didn't stick with it

Goes to shit the moment you have to kill bugs
>>
>>343913412
Playing it is like playing kotor. If you would like kotor without star wars, you'll like it.

Combat is okay, once you get a feel for it. Can be very punishing for mistakes though.

Could be great with mods
>>
>>343917040
I haven't heard about this game until today
so I looked up gameplay videos
>average graphics
I only saw gameplay videos but, the characters kinda have a KotOR MMO look to them, everything else looked pretty good though
>feels like a bioware game
shitty game journalist write like that, looks like it has a karma system with consequences
>combat is good fun
it looked alright
>dull gameplay
I think he's trying to downplay it, a lot of reviews for this game, from other VIDYA GAEM EXPERTS, have about the same score he does
>cliched storyline
saving the world has always been cliched, what game isn't cliched in some way?
>Guns too powerful
maybe he's trying to say parts of combat are unbalanced
>supposed superhero style characters can die too easily
he's shit and needs to git gud
You're right anon, this guy contradicts a lot of his pros and cons.
>>
>>343919629
My take on a couple of those:

>average graphics
It's okay. Niche AA game dev. Not gonna blow you away.

>feels like a bioware game
Because it does. But back when bioware was fun. This is kotor/jade dynasty/da:o era

>combat is good fun
It's oddly shallow but deep at the same time. You have to be very aware of your enemies. You only have like 4 moves per stance, but 3 stances+magic and they all behave differently

>Dull gameplay
There's a lot of time just running around. Needs fast travel like you would not believe.

>cliched storyline
No. I can honestly say that's not the case.

>guns too powerful
They aren't. You can essentially dodge bullets. Guns have a cooldown/reload. Goes back to combat awareness

>blah blah blah
Combat takes getting used to. Can't just spam 1 button.
>>
>Average graphics
It looks better than last Dragon Age, that's for damn sure.

>Dull gameplay
>Combat is good fun
I do not understand.

>Supposed superhero style characters can die too easily
Wat. Technomancers can discharge electricity from their hands, that's fucking it.

> you're a technomancer but throughout all the gameplay I've seen you do nothing 'technomancer' esque
It's a weird ass post-apocalyptic setting where solar flares destroyed technology while the colonization of Mars was still in its early stages. Technomancers are the only ones with some basic idea of how shit works, but they're no neuromancers for sure
>>
Bound By Flame was shit
>>
Never heard of it, watched a trailer and it seems like something I could get into. Will check it out
>>
I bought this game as a pre order because I was hype for a new wrpg with sci-fi elements.

Its a perfectly average game.

>graphix
Alright. Not overly good, and not atrocious. Looks kind of similar to second son.
>gameplay
Button mashing to the max. But you do have variety in how to buttonmash I.e. different classes that are pretty seamlessly interchangeable. Which I think is a cool concept. Regardless the combat has a good amount of weight behind the attacks and making contact is pretty satisfying.
>rpg elements
Shit. I don't like it. Not enough skills and abilities to make it worthwhile.
>ui
Bad. Took me a while to figure everything out.
>story
Played a few hours but didn't get very far. I'm interested in how the character will be able to interact with the world, seeing as it's like mad max mixed with borderlands on mars.

All in all I give it a 6/10

Not a shitshow like ride to hell or something. But not great either.

Don't be like me. Get it when it's 10-15$
>>
>>343921256
And I really wish it wasn't because it felt like a giant missed opportunity but yeah, it was shit.
At some points the story felt like you just skipped a couple of chapters by accident.
>>
>>343921469
The sad part is, I'd bump it up a notch if the character creater wasn't shit and i could make a grill
>>
>>343920784
This man speaks the truth. I'd be the devil's advocate if not for sgdq.
>>343921291
I'd suggest war logs first. Same universe, same jankiness. Get all the staggers and status effects you can get from magic nad renegade paths. Technomancer's combat is more varied and robust though.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.