[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Time Dilemma Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: D O N T W O R R Y.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
D O N T W O R R Y.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Shitpost, circlejerk, criticize ZTD...
don't worry, it's fine.

Carlos was such a weird guy.
>>
File: never forget.png (426 KB, 837x765) Image search: [Google]
never forget.png
426 KB, 837x765
>>343913405
Not as weird as Delta.

I'm still confused.
>>
File: 1466561894182.png (78 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1466561894182.png
78 KB, 500x750
>>343913405
>>
A complete shit game.

>Already known map of event
This removes the risk and pressure on decision making and it changes the game into a boring tick the checkboxes game

>The twist (lololol the twins) was poor compared to VLRs (mars, future, old sigma, shifting, radical 6)
This game was like pure shit filler. You didnt need the radical 6 shit and the decision game just so you can motivate some faggots as proven by previous games with smaller scopes.

>No Santa, Seven, Lotus return
>No weird revelations about old characters
>VLR characters never addressed
>Where the fuck is Kyle (-?- version) ?
>10 hours shorter than VLR
>You stopped radical six...HOWEVER...there is a terrorist with nukes, buy next game
>Mira killing Eric's mother is never addressed. Or the fact that she is a horrible serial killer
>Mira never tried to kill the old man just to get a free X pass
>With mind reading and limited mind control there would be no need for such a retarded plan. Zero should be able to find the terrorist on his own (inb4 how did he existed in the first place? the same he did in the original timeline, in some other way)
>Again, where the fuck is KYLE?
>All those "buy 3rd game" plots from the Q&A that were never addressed
>Where did the alien transporter tech came from? And the quantum computer? Thats too good even for 2029.
>They never put the whole chain of events. Mira killing Eric's mother, the other guy being accused and executed, the surgeon crashing in the car that couldnt save the original Sean, the relation between Delta and original Sean at the hospital. Its like we are missing easily 2 hours of exposition here. Did Zero planned this shit? Did this shit just happened because?
>Whats the point of Mira and Eric there considering any regular human could get superpowers?
>Why was the shift such a big deal when everyone and their mothers can do it? Old Jumpei bitches that he cant shift like the others, but now we know he can.
>>
>>343913597
Why does Carlos have boobs?
>>
File: at least life is still unfair.jpg (114 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
at least life is still unfair.jpg
114 KB, 500x680
>>343914653
Wasn't this shit already posted in the last thread?
>>
>>343914653
>copy pasting your shit nobody cared for
>>
Are we the group of motorcyclists that went to the left and got a disappointing finale to the zero escape trilogy?
>>
The first one is the most shocking and tense because you cant bruteforce every possibility until you find a good ending

The second one has the most crazy sci-fi story with the best twists and lore building

The third one has...has what exactly?
>>
>>343915001
The third one has complex motives the such of you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>343914653
I thought Mira killed Akane's mother?
>>
File: what the fuck.png (577 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
577 KB, 1280x720
>>343914703
Because e's the trilogy's obligatory male boob lady.
>>
So Phi and Sigma failed to prevent the radical 6 outbreak. So they sent Omni-Kyle to the past in order to helm them succeed.

They did succeed. Where was Kyle again?
>>
Did anybody think the level of violence and death in this was somewhat excessive? Not because I'm squeamish, but because it cheapened it. In 999 and VLR when someone died it had an impact, even if you were aware that you were not on the correct route. The fact that in practically every fragment in ZTD at least one person dies, usually horrifically, ends up meaning that it has next to no impact.
>>
>>343915135
She committed sudoku like a little bitch. No wonder Akane is such a selfish ho.
>>
>>343915153
*he's
>>
>>343914794
>Muh Uchi memes, dont be mean with him!
>>
>>343915243
I prefer it to VLR where you never felt threatened. 999 did it best.
>>
>>343915135
Akane's mother committed suicide after Akane's father was falsely convicted of the murder Mira committed.
>>
>>343915179
Kyle is Gab.
>>
>>343915424
Evidence?
>>
>yfw Carlos didn't have to worry about wishing Maria Happy New Year because Carlos-B could cover for him in every timeline anyway
>>
>>343914794
I reposted it because people need to see my opinion and they must agree with me! Anyone who disagree are shitposter apologist and they should kill themselves.
>>
File: 1298057896609.jpg (35 KB, 195x626) Image search: [Google]
1298057896609.jpg
35 KB, 195x626
>Playing VLR
>Only two paths left to go through
>Save file suddenly refuses to load
FUCK THIS GAME
>>
>>343914653
>he wanted lotus to return
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (32 KB, 437x486) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
32 KB, 437x486
>>343915317
I literally added "criticize" into the opening because I like seeing that stuff.
Copy pasted shit, on the other hand...
>>
>>343915243
I found it the amount of blood that splatters on the entire model immediately upon impact to be absurd and at times, comical.
>>
So Mira was the snail?
>>
>>343915746
Kyle was the snail
>>
File: decisiontime.jpg (12 KB, 255x249) Image search: [Google]
decisiontime.jpg
12 KB, 255x249
The only part of the game I cried at was when Gab ran out of biscuits. He was such a good doggo
>>
>>343915591
Obviously Uchi dropped Kyle going back into the past. Him being Gab is just stupid.
>>
Im glad I pirated this shit.

This will be now in my collection of mind blocked games that I pretend they dont exist so it doesnt ruin for me the previous entries.
>>
>>343915858
This is another issue with the game. VLR had a ton of feel moments like Diana robot and such.

This one had only the Gab one and it wasnt that much anyways.
>>
>>343915243
kinda.

Like, yeah, 2/3 of you fags are dead, and I'm kinda used to it. Someone just hit the door or something, I'm heading to another timeline.

As opposed to 999 where 9man blows up fucking immediately and everyone loses their shit, and then the safe ending and everyone loses their shit at limited deaths.
>>
>>343915705
saved in the pec room didnt you
>>
Okay, not trying to defend the game or Uchi (if i'm right then he is even more of hack), i agree that it was shit

But couldn't this be a case of "dumbing it down for new players"?

I mean, think about it

A lot of the things that were set up previously didn't go anywhere, very few mentions of the events that happened in the previous games, only returning characters are the main ones from the previous game

Maybe this is a result of them using the ZE3 hype to attract new fans, with a game that doesn't necessarily require you to play 999 or VLR, then after they get the other 2 games on Steam they can announce:

>Hey guise, we're making ZE4! Now we will finally answer all the questions!
>>
>>343916024
Hey now I got emotional during the family reunion. Mostly cause I like when good things happen to Phi
>>
>>343916125
No, I was on Luna's path just after the second AB game in warehouse B.
>>
File: Johnathan glance.gif (626 KB, 326x250) Image search: [Google]
Johnathan glance.gif
626 KB, 326x250
Just finished this last night. Some of my thoughts.

Why is everyone able to SHIFT so easily? The game says the presence of other SHIFTers makes that possible, but Junpei and Akane being able to do it so easily after Carlos does it once makes it feel rushed. I mean, the point of VLR was Sigma learning to use the ability naturally over the course of an entire game. I guess Carlos was SHIFTing a lot with his job, and Akane is Akane, but it felt really rushed and poorly done.

SHIFTing in general should just destroy the plot. Why not SHIFT to before the game? Why not SHIFT to before 999? Hell, why doesn't Akane SHIFT back and stop the fucking snail?

>it's another Eric has a gun and is mad Mira died episode

Mira got away with everything. Her killing Eric mother wasn't even addressed, everyone is fine she randomly murders others in most timelines, Phi doesn't even call her out for injecting her with radical-6 in that one time line.

Why did he shoot Gab? I can't understand the purpose for that.

Why end this barely created final game with a sequel hook? It actually could make for a fun continuation, them searching for the terrorist, but I don't see how you could make it into an escape game.
>>
>>343915179
I think Uchi did suggest that he might've been "someone." Beyond that, I think he legitimately replied "I wonder..." when a fan asked him about it.

So yeah, in short he bullshitted Kyle into oblivion.
>>
>>343916138
I'd say 'dumbing it down for newcomers of the series' is a pretty applicable approach for kike jewsoft, which is fucking retarded, because

1. Fans made the game possible
2. It gave us an inconclusive, presumed resolution to the trilogy finale.
>>
>>343916024
It says something about how poorly done most of the character deaths were that even the cast were more emotional about Gab's various deaths than a lot of the actual participant deaths.

Eric seemed really upset when he found that Zero had shot Gab.
>>
>>343916209
I think saving mid-puzzles wasn't safe at all, just saving during cut-scenes, as far as I remember, I never saved during a puzzle even without reading that there was a save problem before and I didn't had any issue.
>>
>>343916138
NO, IT'S SHIT AND UCHI IS A HACK. STOP DEFENDING HIM YOU APOLOGIST
>>
>>343914653
I'm getting tired of people acting like the terrorist thing was bait for a 4th game, the reason why it was a small unknown religious fanatic is so it could tie into the snail thing. If a single snail could cause the deaths of 5 people and basically cause the events of the series to happen, then a single and otherwise irrelevant person could cause the deaths of 8 billion.
>>
>>343916362
I did save during a cutscene.
>>
>>343915243
The acid shower disturbed me enough that I didn't really want to do it the other two times
>>
File: q could have prevented this.gif (2 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
q could have prevented this.gif
2 MB, 320x179
>there's no puzzle rooms in the true ending route
>>
>>343916138
This shit happened.

The game was dumbed down so people without knowledge of the previous entries could enjoy it.

But the lore is so heavy on previous entries that the game suffers from a disconnection. It feels like filler. I think they talk about Seven and Santa one time and thats it.

And where the fuck is Santa anyways? He knows about all this shit, hell, he probably got powers already considering he spent so much time with Akane.
>>
>>343916541
Yeah, those screams were some of the more convincing that I've heard in a video game. At least Zero was melted.
>>
>>343913405
Carlos is so great.
>>
Does Eric have fun reactions if you name zero wrong?
>>
>>343916689
The puzzle-solving aspect of the game basically finishes about halfway through the game, if it lasts even that long.

Most of the puzzle rooms simply weren't very interesting either. While the fact that most of the puzzles are lame has been commented on, what bothered me was that none of the rooms really pertained to the actual plot all that much, unlike many of the puzzle rooms in VLR and 999.
>>
>>343916286
>Why did he shoot Gab? I can't understand the purpose for that.
I think he was making sure they don't get cheeky and simply SHIFT to before the Force Quit bomb is triggered. If Gab's been dead since after the showers, the timeline is effectively imperfect.
>>
I hoped zero was future Eric who used the transporter.

Disappointed.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (101 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
101 KB, 960x544
>>343911617
The uncanny thing here is that Carlos is the most bullshitted by the plot--he's the black sheep, his background being the only one that doesn't fit into the plot whatsoever despite him being chosen as leader. Even his character development is wanton compared to the others. Half the charm to him - like his late game God Complex - seems almost unintentional.

Again, lemme reiterate: fucking ZTD, man...
>>
>>343916934
Why didnt they shift 10 minutes into the past? Before inputting the code?
>>
Once they find out Zero's identity, why can they not just SHIFT back to before the game began and clobber him?
>>
>>343916735
>hell, he probably got powers already considering he spent so much time with Akane.
I doubt it. Uchi nerfed Akane so hard she didn't know that the guy she was trying so hard to stop was an old fuck.
>>
File: oh shit watch out.png (26 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
oh shit watch out.png
26 KB, 280x200
>Everyone suddenly having a giant moral dilemma
>After SHIFTing dozens of times prior
>No one blinks an eye at a machine that more or less clones a person and shoots them into a foreign timeline
>>
>>343916929
Though I did enjoy how much more most of the characters displayed their unique personalities in the puzzle rooms. Probably because they're just silent written pieces that aren't voiced or tied to cinematic sequences.
>>
>>343917014
Eric felt so retarded and useless I thought he had to be the fucking mastermind. Maybe a second personality of him. But no, he is just useless and irrelevant to the plot.

Seriously, remove him and nothing changes other than having a mad Shotgun mcAutism around.
>>
File: 1461497491484.gif (580 KB, 160x240) Image search: [Google]
1461497491484.gif
580 KB, 160x240
>>343916929
I'd argue ZTD's puzzle rooms were more relevant to story than 999's, actually. Any story that happened in 999's puzzle rooms was effectively "hey, we're in this room, let's talk about Ice-9 and morphogenetic shit" sans the First Class Cabin in the Safe ending, of course

ZTD's puzzle rooms at least had the setups to the decisions which segmented all of the timelines.
>>
>>343917235
That's true. The return to text almost made it feel like you were back playing the older entries. They even managed to slip in the funyarinpa and Sigma's cat curse.
>>
>>343917121
Good question. So good that I finally see why shifting is essentially a lazy get-out-of-shit-free card.
>>
>>343917104
Carlos being there makes sense . there's no way Delta's trusting a bunch of murderous/traitorous fucks with anything,.
>>
>In the timeline where they make the babbies they all eventually starve to death
>Akane or dcom staff never go to rescue them

I can't deal with this, it's too heavy for me
I can't take solace in the fact that in another history they remember everything and they're all happy

Why did no one come back to save them?
I get that the "game reason" is because they needed to be there 10 months and transport the babbies, but i want to know what excuse Akane or the staff had for not coming back
>>
>>343917296

He was so fucking unlikable that I wanted that to happen to redeem his character.

And didn t he keep the memories where he gets killed by her.

How can he still love her
>>
File: 69.gif (971 KB, 270x252) Image search: [Google]
69.gif
971 KB, 270x252
>Akane
>BUT KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG
>LOL INSTEAD OF DOING THE AB GAME, LET'S SHIFT TO ANOTHER TIMELINE
>OKAY, LET'S BLOW THIS PLACE UP
>D TEAM IS STILL ALIVE? FUCK 'EM
>>
>>343917517
>lazy get-out-of-shit-free card
Sounds like BW to me.
>>
>>343917381
Let's not forget Akane's planning room, either. The torture chamber, while not being directly connected to the plot, also gives us a sort of glimpse at the events of the first nonary game.
>>
>>343913405
CARLOS IS THE MAN
>>
File: button.jpg (3 MB, 3164x1916) Image search: [Google]
button.jpg
3 MB, 3164x1916
Oh boy
>>
File: tumblr_o9kkzogILQ1tg017go5_400.jpg (145 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9kkzogILQ1tg017go5_400.jpg
145 KB, 400x240
>>
>>343917874
>Sigma intensifies
>>
>>343917710
>KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG
>that's why I murdered three people last year and almost drowned my lover
>that's why i beat carlos to death with a fire hydrant
>>
>>343917913
ZA WARUDO!
>>
>>343917608
They should just asked Zero to use the transporter pods to send help to other timelines.

They could send a Phi to help Diana, Sigma and the babies
>>
>>343917874
Push the button. Trust me me on this one.
>>
File: vote.gif (439 KB, 956x537) Image search: [Google]
vote.gif
439 KB, 956x537
>>343917874
>>
>>343917608
>Dcom staff
Secret Free the Soul members (Zero says the whole project was privately owned by his group).
>Akane
Junpei was already dead, so she effectively said fuck this timeline.

Here's hoping Carlos-B gets his ass in gear to save them, assuming Akane doesn't stop him as well.
>>
>>343917696
He didn't keep the memories, sean just told him about it.

Which he apparently just shrugs off because he's a retard, as we all know.
>>
>>343917608
Akane probably forgot about them because of the injection or killed herself because muh junpei and im guessing the Dcom staff didn't know where the shelter is.
>>
>>343915001
Carlos and crazy Eric. Thats about it.
>>
>>343917381
>I'd argue ZTD's puzzle rooms were more relevant to story than 999's
But they tie directly into the overarching story. Junpei needed to show loli Akane how to solve them.
>>343917381
>ZTD's puzzle rooms at least had the setups to the decisions which segmented all of the timelines.
They didn't really need the puzzles though. Just say what their current decision game is and be done with it.
>>
Mira's character is bullshit
>>
>>343917710
M A C H I A V E L L I A N
>>
>>343918087
but in the vlr ending the dcom staff was worried about them
>>
>>343918178
Akane's character is bullshit.
>>
Someone recommend me more mystery games

I NEED MORE MYSTERY.
>>
File: 1462416320930.gif (80 KB, 372x572) Image search: [Google]
1462416320930.gif
80 KB, 372x572
>>343918158
>spoiler
But all the puzzle solving is done on the bottom screen in 999. Akane got through all of the original puzzles just fine with the group, it's the sudoku she can't solve, which is why you flip the DS so that Junpei solves it on the "top" screen
>>
>>343918320
Yes
>>
>>343916337
>>343916735
The series isn't THAT popular, it has a cult following and that's it

However, ZE3 hype was pretty big, so it makes sense to me they would bank on this to atrract more people

But the problem is that 999 and VLR are very long games which could turn off new players

It would explain why some seemingly important plot lines were dropped, because if we look at things from a "new player" perspective, they could ruin some of the mysteries and twists from the previous games by bringing up things like:

Alice (ruins the scene at the very end of 999 and the whole "All-Ice" mystery)

Kyle (ruins the "K has Sigma's face" moment)

Dio (ruins the Myrmidons twist)

And so on...
>>
6/10

You wont get a single more point from me.
>>
the way I look at ZTD's ending is that there is a "true ending" mainly because the timeline they found themselves in is the timeline where they retained the memories from all previous timelines, so it has more significance and is therefore considered "true"

at least in comparison to the other timelines which were essentially treated as cannon fodder (by the cast nonetheless).

for example, VLR still happened but its significance is negligible when compared to the actual end.

what i thought was going to happen was Akane using her OP shifting/morphogenetic field powers and sacrificing herself to make one true timeline where everyone lives, that would have been a better ending to me

at least i get my kanny x jumpy
>>
>>343918519
999 isn't that long IIRC
>>
>>343918309
>dcom staff was worried about them
JUST PRETENDING lol
>>
>>343918441
>can solve all the random bullshit puzzles
>an extremely easy sudoku is too hard though
>>
File: 1456866279195.png (652 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1456866279195.png
652 KB, 676x676
>Junpei celebrates winning a lucky roll
>Akane proceeds to kill his joy by talking about how God probably gave up on them
Man, fuck Akane.
>>
>>343918603
If it's long it's only that because of the shitty skip function
>>
>>343918158
>>343918441
>the "Greatest schemer in history" is two dumb to solve an easy sudoku
Is this why it took her 45 years to save the world when all she had to do was locate an old man
>>
>>343915001
the third is a literal
M O V I E with C O M P L E X M O T I V ES
>>
>>343918573
>Murderous x traitorous
>a good thing
Kys
>>
>>343918435
Umineko
>>
Still waiting on Carlos/Junpei

ZTD Junpei needs a dick up his ass
>>
>>343918678
I laughed at how much of a party pooper she was, but in the end she was right i guess
>>
>>343918757
someone post the pic
>>
File: STOPBULLSHITTINGUS.png (163 KB, 457x276) Image search: [Google]
STOPBULLSHITTINGUS.png
163 KB, 457x276
>>343917104
To be fair, some of the others' backgrounds fit more into the snail thing than the actual plot.
I was expecting the arson and killing of his parents to actually have some deliberate and insidious purpose behind it, but there's nothing to it.

It's even difficult to have fun with the idea that somehow his second self became the religious fanatic because then it'd make no sense for Delta to include him in the game to begin with and not bother killing him. What a shame.
>>
>>343918854
Don't
>>
>>343918435
Try Ghost Trick, it's a pretty good time.
Anyone on /v/ whose played it will say the same.
>>
Can someone tell me why Sigma and Phi couldnt Shift to another timeline when shit was hitting fan? This whole drama when someone from their team dies is do pointless, just jump to other timeline, you were fucking trained whole vlr to obtaint this skill.
>>
File: 1395177304243.gif (2 MB, 275x222) Image search: [Google]
1395177304243.gif
2 MB, 275x222
>tfw Phi is actually a disgusting ginger.
>>
>>343918757
>Junpei literally hits on Carlos
>Junpei grind in his lap when punching his face

How is there still not ONE decent pic yet?
>>
>>343918756
Do you hate me that much?
>>
>>343918441
It's been so long since I've last played that game. Wasn't Akane sending Junpei clues up until the Sudoku?
>>
>>343918917
Ghost Trick is fucking phenomenal
>>
File: 1458345231982.jpg (150 KB, 525x600) Image search: [Google]
1458345231982.jpg
150 KB, 525x600
>>343918854
This?
>>
File: 1415967534785.jpg (38 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1415967534785.jpg
38 KB, 800x800
Did anyone else during Sean virtual reality ending?
>>
>>343919078
That's the gist of it, yeah.
The whole game was her leading him up to the incinerator to save her
>>
>>343919118
>>343918917
>>343918435

Seconding Ghost Trick, it's not very long but it's a great game.
>>
>>343918949
>We have learned nothing important in that timeline
>lets shift for some reason
>>
>>343918019
That's still once every 10 months, which also shuts out any "sudden arrivals" in the interim.

>>343918309
Could possibly be an instruction by Brother. Remember, the Operator is the same guy who introduced blind-mute-deaf cripple Q.
>>
>>343918435
3D point and click adventure games might fill that need.

I highly suggest the Syberia series.
>>
>>343919204
anyone else cry*
>>
>>343918949

There wasn't always a danger to make their shift abilities kick in, and they were (for a time) constantly getting drugged to forget shit.

They do eventually overcome it but still, Zero knew what they'd pull and actually counted on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 640x718
So for Stand off, am I supposed to enter Q's name to kill himself? I put in Sean, but all I get is an error and I cant think of anything else to shoot.
>>
>>343919261
Do better die or starve slowly im the shelter? They have a fucking mana limit that they need to save? Carlos was jumping like crazy and he just learned this Trick.
>>
>>343919334
It'll make sense once you beat the game.
>>
>>343919334
Sean is not Q's name.
If you just wanted to kill yourself anyway you need to put "myself", you don't need the kid's name.
>>
>>343919334
Just put "me" or "myself" because you're Q choosing that question, then see the result and continue playing.
You can put Gab, Junpei, Akane, Carlos, etc for shit and giggles.
>>
>>343919334
The other answer is literally a spoiler, keep playing and skip it for now.
>>
>>343918917
Quality game
>>
>>343919216
Then I would argue, that all the puzzle rooms were necessary to strengthen the sender/receiver connection between the two
>>
>>343919204
>>343919307

No but the implications of what Sigma/Diana have to go through with their children who are only copied through the transporter and left in the ward without food, fuck that's pretty grim.
>>
>>343919334
If you don't know you need to finish the game why the fuck do you read spoilers
>>
>>343914794
>>343914806

Doesn't mean he's not right though.
>>
>>343918678
>she suddenly gets shunted into the failure outcome where Junpei and Carlos were Swiss cheese'd
Karma.
>>
So, probably like many of you, i started writing down the X-passes once i noticed they differed from timeline to timeline

Here's hoping someone can help me fill the blanks or if i obtained all the ones you can in game

Note that i didn't order these x-passes to the right timelines since that would require me to replay the fragments and make a note on when i got them

Team C
> Carlos : Dream, Fire, Shift, Fight, Save
>Akane : Crash, Key, Six, June
>Junpei : Quark, Five, Ring, Jump, Doll

Team Q
>Q : Eye, Age, Self (Fucking foreshadowing)
>Mira : Kill, Heart, Rip, Virgin
>Eric : Fool, Love, Lake, Poor, Ice

Team D
>Diana : Mom, Bird, Blue, Moon
>Phi : Dear, Twin, Red, Future, Time
>Sigma : Arm, Old, Milk, Fate, Dad

Team D's x-passes are basically with how i initially figured out that Phi was Diana's and Sigma's daughter, along with other reveals like her red hair
Althought i first thought they were twins before i got the Mom and Dad passes
>>
File: 10 months 6 billion.jpg (36 KB, 866x567) Image search: [Google]
10 months 6 billion.jpg
36 KB, 866x567
For all of Zero's issues as a character, it was kinda fun seeing a villain have awareness of the history/timeline bullshit

>X-Passes from other histories cannot be used
>Here's an important phrase, now I'm finished with this timeline. Later.
>>
>>343919242
My favorite was the Zero Escape series, but now it has 1 bad game and 2 good games. Making it 66% to my eyes.

On the other side, Ghost Trick dev went broke and then he died in a crash accident. So there is literally no chance a sequel ruins Ghost Trick. Ghost Trick is forever perfect and now my favorite.
>>
>>343919334
Leave it for now. Check out other timelines, you'll figure it out eventually.
If you want early spoilers: type Delta
>>
>>343919334

Need to keep playing the game m8y. Did you get all the execution scenes?
>>
>>343919297
They just need to send it 10 minutes before Sigma and Diana use the machine. Of course Sigma and Diana wont be able to use the machine, but they would be rescued in the following days.
>>
>>343918603
I'd say it's around 16-20 hours for a first playthrough, it's long enough to run off someone who might want to get into the series, specially with VLR right after it
>>
>>343919579
>went broke and then he died in a crash accident.
The fuck??!
>>
>>343919579
>dev went broke and then he died in a crash accident
W-what...?
I don't know if I would've wanted a sequel for the reasons you said, but something would've been nice. Maybe even another new IP in a similar style that isn't Phoenix Wright.
>>
>>343919573
When the nega-sean appeared with glowing red eyes saying C team violated the rules I was shittin myself
>>
File: 1467583368448.png (505 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1467583368448.png
505 KB, 500x678
At first I thought delta was actually the good guy, but then I thought about it and realized he contradicts himself. He says it´s better to sacrifice 6 billion over 8 billion, which is understandable but in his pursuit of his goal he destroyed numerous timelines so in the end he killed what? 30 billion in total? He doesn´t need to give a shit about other histories because he can´t shift, but he made shifters into inter-dimensional murderers
>>
>>343919565
>Mira is the virgin female character. Akane and Diana the cocksluts
That was the only twist
>>
>>343919579
>Ghost Trick dev went broke and then he died in a crash accident
Wat
Shu is still alive.
>>
>>343919809
>>343919861
some say this happend as a result of a single snail
>>
>>343919809
>>343919861

Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

How utterly horrible
>>
>>343919938
stop this diana is a slut meme
>>
Did Delta rape his mom in the timeline that was just needed for the computer code?
>>
>Ordered Watch Ediiton from Amazon
>Get an email saying they'll ship the game and the watch separately
>Still no game

I'm going to pirate it now. I'm not reading this thread but just wanted to share my frustration with someone.
>>
>>343919898
I thought 8 billion would always die if he doesn't release r6 or catches the terrorist.
>>
>>343920000
>took it hard from a drunk whenever he wanted it
>big boobs
>>
>>343920047
Its ok bruh, CIA was filtered way before game was out, you should've finished that already.
>>
>>343920000
Quads have spoken
We either stop or shift where this did not happen
>>
>>343920129
>fucked her husband
>slut
>>
File: 9112.jpg (567 KB, 888x1024) Image search: [Google]
9112.jpg
567 KB, 888x1024
>>343919898
He also didn't need to host the decision game at all to achieve any of his goals, unless there really was literally no other way to facilitate his birth. If he really did just want to stop the nuclear war with the Radical Six outbreak he could have just injected any given person.
>>
File: Grapevinesnail_01.jpg (125 KB, 1024x604) Image search: [Google]
Grapevinesnail_01.jpg
125 KB, 1024x604
>>343919980
>>343919994
IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>343920030
>Time to decide!
>rape Diana?
>>
>>343919204
only people with shitty childhoods did.
>>
>>343920116
What I´m trying to say is that in pursuit of saving his timeline (his one and only timeline because he can´t shift) he destroyed like 6 other timelines
>>
>>343920000
Nice quads. But those Quads are....Zeroes

Those are evil quads. That means instead of proving your point, they proved you wrong.
>>
>>343920232
how would he live, then?
without his birth?
>>
>>343913405
learn to spoil your images. it is not that fucking difficult.
>>
>>343920301
That would be destroyed anyways thanks to fanatic-san. Delta is not a monster like Akane.
>>
999 was the best game with the best twist
The scene where he suddendly inherits other histories knowledge and he "just knows" was the best

VLR and ZTD are "ruined" this with the fact that the original twist has become a lame superpower and is abused as fuck
>>
File: I'll do my best.png (154 KB, 540x264) Image search: [Google]
I'll do my best.png
154 KB, 540x264
>>343919898
The morality debate about alternative timelines and shit is what always fucking gets me.

Debating about this can easily result in hour long conversations, the details of which can change shit drastically. Akane wanted to find a timeline where Radical-6 wasn't released. Okay. Good for her. What about the people trapped in the timeline where it was? They can't fucking shift into the new, better timeline. Even if they could, Akane suddenly feels bad about swapping places with herself.

Is the Person who shifted a bunch of times and gained knowledge suddenly the Prime Person, and thus takes priority over a Person who only knows about the timeline they are in?
>>
>>343920412
There must have been some other way of going about facilitating trapping Sigma and Diana there and getting them to breed than fucking acid showers.
>>
>>343919898
if a guy who can MINDHACK anyone at will couldn't find the identity of the nuke terrorist, what hope do 9 random fucks have?
>>
>>343920421
Image itself isn't spoiler, clicking and watching the webm is, wich is your own fault
>>
File: 1467526521866.png (106 KB, 322x332) Image search: [Google]
1467526521866.png
106 KB, 322x332
That mexican standoff didn't make sense for a lot of reasons, but one of them was Eric being a fucking dumbass like he was 100% of the time, especially when holding guns.

He had a grenade launcher in a mexican standoff. In the ending where he fires, they all should have died.
>>
>>343920226
It was ex-husband at that time, she had divorced him and he turned into a stalker.
>>
>>343918573
I usually am apathetic towards romance, but that pairing just seems unpleasant to me.

>Goes to the test site with the explicit purpose of giving her the ring
>Just treats her rudely and passive aggressively
>The criticism is lost on her and she genuinely looks hurt/pissed from most of his quips
>Basically all their chemistry comes from their Childhood(tm) friendship

I guess in a way it works because they're two, uh, fucked up individuals, but I get the impression that Carlos needs to be their live-in marriage counselor for it to even work.
>>
Best way to start this series? How should I play 999?

I mean I really don't want to but I guess you guys are forcing my hand.
>>
>>343920457
VLR was fine, because the power was limited to 2-3 important characters.

In ZTD everyone has this power, and if they don't they could easily gain it by being around people with the power.
>>
>>343920518
They fully explained that everything had to happen the exact way it did for Delta to be who he was.
>>
>>343920702
Doing a handstand.
>>
File: cutephi54.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cutephi54.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
Carlos- A great character with an excellent storyline. Like a big puppy, far from a mary sue as characters don't really seem to care too much about him and other teams seem to actively distrust him. Only blight is he is AFK in VLR despite being alive for that ending.

Sigma- A very good character, had a hard life and the best emotional moments in the game. Main flaw is that he is inconsistent with acting and speaking like the old man he is mentally.

Phi- A good character, while she comes off as mysterious and gives an aura of being integral or really powerful etc she really is just a normal girl.Her not actually being that important in the game was a nice twist in itself.

Junpei-good once again, his edgy personality is really awkwardly done but really just a face to feel better when he starts being himself. His utter devotion to akane and lamenting more over other junpei's who live a life without her more than the extinction of mankind makes him true love the character.

Delta- A fun character based as fuck, his articulate whining and awkward monologues are very entertaining.

Sean- has a cool twist and expands delta. An intelligent and mature boy it's very nice when you see the moments where he becomes very innocent/scared and childlike

Eric- Eric sucks the whole way though but that's the point. He's a tragic character who is becoming his father.

Diana- pretty boring, the poor mans luna with a dumb backstory. While she sucks on her own she works very well with other characters.

Akane: Very poorly done. The (((Machiavellian))) meme is very true. Worst of all though is she also lacks much of the banter with Junpei (lack of banter is a flaw in general) and turning into a series trope by being the new clover with psychotic killing. Her yandere for junpei is not believable at all as she puts saving the world over junpei all the time.

Mira- Big tit trope, not very interesting, her magically being cured is total bullshit. Only truly bad character in the game.
>>
>>343920702
>forcing
Anyway just wait for the PC ports or emulate 999
>>
File: STANDING.jpg (204 KB, 1777x1080) Image search: [Google]
STANDING.jpg
204 KB, 1777x1080
STANDING

ON THE EDGE
>>
>>343920702
Emulate DS version or just wait for the remaster, although I don't know how they'll do certain story elements.
>>
>>343920543
>Fully expect everyone to die from Eric's stupidity in the timeline where he actually fires the launcher
>Instead Mira and Eric manage to get up and repair themselves
>This just for a lame "man there was a stab sound at the end, is Mira a bad person?" Like anyone didn't figure that out at the beginning
>>
>>343920702
if you have an iphone the ios version of 999.
>>
>>343920702
Emulate it if you can't play it on an actual system, and get out of the thread. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting, they are porting 999 and VLR to the PC in the future.
>>
can somebody tell me how Carlos knew he should tell Q team to check the family portrait? I don't see where he got that information from.
>>
>>343920702
The only options for 999 are iOS and DS, but iOS doesn't have puzzles so go for DS.
If you have to emulate on PC, then that'll work fine since it only uses the touchscreen.

The others are fine on any system, really.
Now get outta here before you see spoilers.
>>
>>343920878
doesn't the ios version cut out all the puzzles?
>>
>>343920847
>>343920889
>>343920825

About how long will the ports take you think?
>>
File: 1455404755338.png (83 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1455404755338.png
83 KB, 500x285
So we all agree that the 999 game rules were the best right?
I haven't played it in a long time so I might be wrong, but I feel like in 999 they were more relevant to the gameplay and more interesting than in VLR and ZTD
>>
File: chainsaw.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>343920000
Seconded. I didn't like Diana in any capacity, but she was mainly just a woman that made a stupid mistake by getting married early in her life to a questionable man, and then lacked the courage+knowledge to get help after the divorce. She's more of an unfortunate door mat than a slut.
>>
>>343920982
No idea, they were just fully announced.
>>
>>343920829
OF THE CRATER
LIKE THE PROPHETS ONCE SAID
>>
>>343920527
first thing that popped into my mind was that they might get into politics and destroy all nuclear bombs. There are many ways to get around it not just finding the fanatic-kun.
>>
>>343920982
who knows

you're a lot better off emulating 999 because there's no way to speed up the slow as fuck text except using turbo mode on the emulator
>>
>>343920937
I remember him getting a vision of eric bumping into the portrait and revealing the door
I do not remember when this happens tho
>>
>>343920937
The flashbacks Carlos saw show Eric falling on the wall of the pod room and knocking out the portrait revealing a yellow door.
>>
>>343920702
I recommend starting with VLR, then 999. It's hard to really appreciate the games if you know anything about them/the themes going in.
>>
this faggot can mind hack ANYONE. you would think mind hacking just a few very influential people with the help of over A MILLION free the soul members would lead him to the religious fanatic that has nukes.

This nigga is complex for no reason.
>>
>>343920998
I think they were nice, mainly because the watches actually matter beyond telling the time/being a threat
>>
>>343920982
9th anniversary of 999's release date
have fun waiting two years :^)
>>
>>343921009
>muh courage
It's not the fucking middle ages anymore.
>>
>>343920937
I think in his "vision" he saw the scene where Q-team gets executed and the portrait slides and reveals the door.

How or why he gets this vision without experiencing it firsthand, though...
>>
>The truest villain is just a religious fanatic with no name

Come on now
>>
>>343920937
Right before Sean goes Penalty on his American ass, Carlos gets a vision of Sean shoving Eric into that portrait during the Q-Team Execution.
>>
>>343918435
Ghost Trick and Steins Gate are both fantastic mysteries that use time travel to great effect and both have great, coherent endings.
>>
>>343921009
I actually really liked that part of Diana.

Went in expecting a perfect angel like Luna, turned out she was a human being.
>>
>>343920998
I liked the whole digital root thing for opening the doors. I guess it had the most interesting set of mechanics, though I still like the AB game more
>>
>>343921009
She's a total slut, she kept sleeping with him after breaking up and gave him money when he begged. She only signed up for the DCOM because she felt it was the only way she could resist the wifebeater cock.
>>
>>343920975
so? The puzzles in 999 were storywise and gameplaywise just timewasters
>>
>>343921304
If I watched the anime and didn't super love it, should I give the game itself a chance?
>>
>>343921009
>just a woman that made a stupid mistake

You know what you call these types of women with no self-respect and moral retardation?

Dumb sluts.
>>
File: deadinside.jpg (21 KB, 603x356) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.jpg
21 KB, 603x356
>>343921196
I'm not that anon, but when the fuck did courage become a middle ages thing? It just means the strength to overcome obstacles or some shit like that.
>>
>>343919334
Just don't fuck around anymore with that choice until the end of the game. Trust me.
>>
>>343921168

The fact that he has been mindhacking people, some of which with tons of knowledge from multiple histories, for over a century and STILL comes up empty kinda highlights the severity of the situation. In that sense, killing billions for a 75% chance to save some of humanity doesn't sound so radical.
>>
>>343921479
Yes.
>>
>>343920801
Only thing tragic in regards to Eric is I had to watch him get the shotgun

>in
>every
>single
>timeline
>>
>>343921168
He says the guy will be a religious nutcase, but I think he was worried the guy will have abilities better than his own (i.e., a new Mind Hacker out of fucking nowhere).
>>
File: 996780-clover.jpg (49 KB, 1024x965) Image search: [Google]
996780-clover.jpg
49 KB, 1024x965
>>343921168
How long did it take to find osama? Meanwhile this strange terrorist could be anyone, even those we never suspected
>>
I wonder how the timeline where rad-6 gets out but doesn't kill the fanatic ends up

Does he still use the nukes to blow up the remaining 2 billions
The Delta in that timeline must have felt stupid
>>
>>343921673
Eric is like the resident black man. Except he's white.
>>
>>343921168
he never says when the apocalypse will take place, maybe they're not even born yet

can't read minds to find someone who doesn't exist
>>
>>343920801
>Only blight is he is AFK in VLR despite being alive for that ending

Not necessarily, Carlos may not be alive due to the Radical-6 outbreak.
>>
>>343921547
Because getting a divorce used to be really fucking hard and was frowned upon. Diana has no excuse other than being a dumb bitch.
>>
>>343921823
top lel
>>
>>343921695
Didn't VLR have a throw away line about how one of the FTS people have Super Duper Time Power?
>>
>>343921673
Eric is tragic because he know he sometimes becomes like his father and has moments of genuine tenderness with sean and mira. But end up becoming his father regardless. I mean come on the cut scene where he starts chocking sean cuts to his dad chocking his brother. He can go either way, extremely kind like his mother or a monster like his father. And we usually see the latter.
>>
>>343918435
Danganronpa if you don't mind the silly style. As others mentioned, ghost trick. Also hotel dusk and its sequel for the DS.

And not a game, but read "And then there was none" to see the novel that inspires all this.
>>
>>343921881
It's 2028 in America. Diana should have been able to get her husband life in prison for looking at her wrong.
>>
>>343921168
Theres 8 billion people by that point. Its hard picking ou an unidentified person you dont know shit about and will fuck everyone up in an unidentified timeframe.
>>
Delta(brother) is know to be the leader of a cult and he has stated himself to be on a mission from God to fix humanity. How is this fuck not the fanatic? He has a god damned army of followers and has made clones of his shit brother to send on suicide missions.

Where is K's consciousness at? if there is a separate fanatic out there, money says K has taken over his body and the twist is that all of this shit was never necessary since K is the good guy.
>>
File: Ztdscreen1.jpg (5 KB, 212x120) Image search: [Google]
Ztdscreen1.jpg
5 KB, 212x120
SIX BILLIONS, CARLOS
>>
>>343921874
Yes, but he isn't even mentioned at all. We can make up any excuse for his absence but for being so important he should really have existed in VLR is some form. Even free the soul had mentions in 999.
>>
>>343921695
And it's basically the same setup as in VLR. Better train those SHIFTers because:
>terrorist cult + leader with super ESPer powers kills 6 billion
and/or
>terrorist with super ESPer powers kills 8 billion
>>
>>343921823
I think it is like the AB game against Alice where only 2 timelines exist.
Radical 6 gets out and Terrorist cant kill all
radical 6 doesnt get out.
>>
>>343921992
>Eric is total dipshit
>poor writing
>But wait, there's more!
>Turns out Eric's father was a dipshit too
>AAA plotline, I was moved to tears.
>>
>>343920801
Akane was a real shame in ZTD. She is a fantastic character in 999. She is cold, yet tragic and you can sympathize with her VLR after all the shit that happened to the world.

She is simply a fucking mess in ZTD, holy shit. Her motivations are all over the damn place.
>>
>>343922089
Exactly. There's no reason to feel sorry for her.
>>
I want to fuck phi
>>
>>343922013
>danganronpa

Please fuck off with this weebshit. It's the antithesis of zero escape. It's the fire emblem awakening of these types of games.
>>
What stupid fucking name is Akane going to give the new group of SHIFTers?

I'm still trying to understand what Crash Keys stands for
>>
>>343922405
How do you not know it's
Kurashiki -> Crash keys
>>
>>343920576
basically akane and junpei love each other and they both know it but akane is trying to stay distant because she knows she's gonna need junpei to become old and bitter for VLR to work. Junpei wants to be there for akane and share her burden but akane knows he can't and therefore won't open up. So in a desperate last ditch effort to get akane's attention junpei tries to play hard-to-get/bad boy in ZTD but fails at it for the most part, and he often reverts back to his 999 persona when not explicitly trying to be the bad boy. After ZTD is over they can finally communicate with each other properly because the VLR timeline is no longer needed and they go back to interacting with each other the way they did in 999 and their childhoods (as you can see in the post-game files).
>>
>>343922326
Let's play hangman or jeapordy or whatever the word filling game is called:

>Akane's motives are ___________
>>
>>343922112
>How is this fuck not the fanatic?
He was only pretending. See, all he wanted was his mom and dad to fuck and to tell stories about snails.
>>
>>343922405
Crash Kys
>>
>>343921924
Are you sure that's not just referring to Brother?
>>
>>343913405
Kill yourself
>>
>>343922614
Shit, don't kill yourself, OP.

>>343921128
This guy needs to kill himself.
>>
>>343922328
>>343922089
what is wrong with you?
>>343922405
Crash Ks is about stopping this mysterious Monster who calls himself K.
>>
>>343922578
I dunno mang, it's been a good while since I played VLR.

Even then not everything in VLR is important, as we've seen with Kyle.
>>
>>343918435
the Super Famicom version of Famicom Detective Club Part 2 is really good. Its been fan translated.
>>
>>343920801
>Phi- A good character, while she comes off as mysterious and gives an aura of being integral or really powerful etc she really is just a normal girl.Her not actually being that important in the game was a nice twist in itself.
>gives an aura of being integral or really powerful
>Her not actually being that important in the game was a nice twist in itself.

phi was supposed to be a super-critical "x factor" in their plans, but she spends most of the game being dead, and doesn't do anything when she's alive
you can just say she's your waifu, it's okay to admit it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.