[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how are those indie games coming along /v/? Did you start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Unity.jpg (79 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Unity.jpg
79 KB, 786x393
So how are those indie games coming along /v/?

Did you start developing yours yet?

previous thread >>343864779
>>
File: arttest1.png (65 KB, 816x462) Image search: [Google]
arttest1.png
65 KB, 816x462
I've been trying to prototype an artstyle but I can't really seem to find a way to have darkness yet not have everything pitch black after a certain point. Not very familiar with Unity 5 lighting.
>>
File: arttest2.png (143 KB, 816x460) Image search: [Google]
arttest2.png
143 KB, 816x460
>>343914685
Here's how it could look like if the player was carrying a torch or some source of light.

Anyone got any idea how I could make it so you could see a bit into the darkness but everything would mostly blend together?
>>
>>343913289
Why does anyone still make these threads.
>>
>>343915310
more like why on /v/
>>
>>343915310
>>343915525
For me it's because I don't care much for the drama and circlejerk that is /agdg/
>>
>>343913289
>previous thread >>343864779
Don't turn this into a general you asshole
>>
>>343918080
Not trying to. Just though there might be enough people left around for a second thread but I guess not.
>>
File: nzulY8s.png (480 KB, 1435x705) Image search: [Google]
nzulY8s.png
480 KB, 1435x705
Actually i'll take this chance. I've had one of my artists draw a concept for one of the levels. What do you think.
>>
>>343918080
I've noticed that these threads have been occuring more and more lately

/adgd/ needs to fix their own drama and shitposting instead of forcing these threads back onto /v/. The one thread every now and then is good enough
>>
>>343918342
I like it anon. I assume its a Super Mario 64 style game?
>>
>>343915045
This one looks good, lighting wise. Don't know why you want to change it
>>
>>343918342
Reminds me of Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>343918539
Basically one of the many paper mario clones a lot of us devs are making here. I'm getting ready to run a kickstarter campaign soon for the artists as soon as I work out a few bugs that are still hanging around the battle system.
>>
>>343918636
I'd want to be able to see atleast outlines of walls in the darkness to make navigating in the dungeons less pain in the ass. Though some of it could be fixed just by generating sources of light in most of the rooms.
>>
>>343918906
Ah okay. I just like pitch black dungeons
>>
I'm at a loss for a good idea that doesn't require a lot of previous experience.

I also wanna make a game for VR.

I was thinking a spaceship racing game, kind of like Wipeout with 6DOF, but 3D AI is a massive pain.
>>
>>343919243
Just make a bunch of small games that don't necessarily have to be good in order to develop your skills.

Everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
>>343919393
That was what I thought, too.

But then I realized I have no ideas for that either

I've made an infinite runner and an FPS prototype where you can walk on any surface with wonky-ass physics

but I don't really wanna make tetris
>>
>>343919781
Well then start splitting your existing ideas into bite size chunks that you can develop without the other systems, prototype them even if you have to simplify or do some temporary features to properly prototype that shit and then move on to the next part.

Or just keep protoing relatively simple ideas until you find something that feels worth further investigation.

Here's a pretty good talk on the subject of prototyping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISutk1mauPM
>>
>>343918342
Looks nice, like a mix of KH and FF9
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.