[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm too shit at dnd, is it possible to fuck up the build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 0_13b_ab64b609_L.jpg (17 KB, 365x280) Image search: [Google]
0_13b_ab64b609_L.jpg
17 KB, 365x280
I'm too shit at dnd, is it possible to fuck up the build with autoleveling (sorcerer)? Also, thread if anyone interested.
>>
>>343908817
No, autoleveling is ok for new players.
>>
>>343908817
Autolevelling sucks out all the fun out the game. Just play the OC and expansions to familiarize yourself with the game and move on to actually good modules like Blackguard or Prophet.
>>
Ok, so how about this?
str 12
dex 10
con 14
wis 14
int 10
cha 16
Combat casting, spell penetration, magic missile, sleep.
>>
>>343912908
You should start with 18 charisma as a Sorcerer, no exceptions. Just drop all that extra strength and Constitution. If you're getting actually DAMAGED as a caster in this game, you're playing it wrong.

Also, drop spell penetration and get Spell Focus: Evocation instead. You can pick up penetration later, if you actually need it.
>>
I'm still mad the old vault died.
>>
>>343913279
It's a bad idea to dump constitution.
>>
>>343913464
The new one has everything restored, doesn't it?
>>
>>343913634

Pretty much, but last time I checked the browsing system was atrocious.
>>
>>343913791
Ign site was never good to begin with.
>>
>>343914007

I found it was decent enough. Being able to search by various module descriptions was handy for finding something new to play.
>>
>>343913620
No, it's not. He's going to fail any fortitude save any way and the extra hit points don't matter to a caster, since you should be either killing or disabling anything faster, than it can touch you.
>>
>>343914371
Is it a bad idea to pick shield and armor spells then?
>>
>>343914568
They're both useful early game, but your primary defense should be running away and nuking everyone from a distance as well as damage reduction spells such as stoneskin or premonition.
>>
>>343908817
I need to beat this, I'm at the end but I had stopped at a certain conversation. It's been a lot of fun and hard as well. Think I have a ranger that can tame creatures. I used that to tame some tough bear that helped me fight a later boss which was sweet cause I don't think I could have won without it.
>>
>>343914371
You'll be rekt by any aoe spell.
>>
>>343915372
You have mantles against spells and those few extra hitpoints won't do shit against anything serious.
>>
>>343908817
>autoleveling
bah, minmaxing is the best way to play 3rd. lots of fun building a character to max potential.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.