[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Nintendo make its next handheld single-screen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Game-Boy-Micro.jpg (2 MB, 3540x2000) Image search: [Google]
Game-Boy-Micro.jpg
2 MB, 3540x2000
Should Nintendo make its next handheld single-screen?
>>
>>343908183
Y'know, they probably should. Instead of displaying two screens of really shitty resolution they could just have one screen at a really nice resolution.

Seriously, DS and 3DS look fucking ugly compared to PSP and Vita.
>>
I really like the clamshell design, and a touch screen is really useful for great controls, and I can't see both of these being possible with only one screen.

Nintendo will probably abandon the clamshell design, though. If we look at Japanese trends, we can see that clamshell phones are starting to lose popularity to the advantage of smartphones. To be trendy, Nintendo will probably look to that and make something more smartphone inspired. Probably one bigger screen with touch, like the trend is for phones.

I want them to keep the dual screen, but probably not possibl. Could the lower screen be replaced with a touch sensitive electronic paper, perhaps? That could be a good compromise, if they keep the screen, while still displaying maps and additional buttons, with lower power use.
>>
>>343910456

The way you talk makes me angry.
>>
>>343908183
If they want to kill backwards compatibility
>>
>>343910630
why
>>
>>343909447
Agreed, make the screen at least 480p.
>>
>>343909447
You do know the 3DS only had shit resolution because it was a 3D screen, right?
>>
>>343913067
Not him, but you write like a click bait article about a new iPhone or something.
>>
File: Bizarro_Wright_Approves.png (312 KB, 656x325) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro_Wright_Approves.png
312 KB, 656x325
Only if they make a peripheral that comes with it that can be attached to the the bottom for games that want to use it. I don't want to miss out on a new TWEWY or Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland style game if a creative company wants to make one.
>>
>>343908183
No, dual screens are fine given they're good screens. What they should do is drop the 3D and just make a high-spec DS.
>>
I would rathr they not, the bottom scren is ussful for extra control. We wouldn't have gotten The World Ends With You or Henry Hatsworth without it. Or for fighting games, it can be used for extra buttons if your L+R are shit. My first 3ds had a shitfucked L button and I couldn't do Ultras in sf4 without it. Even in pro mode, being able to set the touch screen to HK was really helpful. Or MonHun, it's a hell ofalot easier to switch items/ammo on the touchscreen than it is to hold three buttons while running from a Trigrex, fuck that.

I only hope they do a better job on the hindges, finally. They've been shit since the sp and only the 3ds xl had good ones.
>>
>>343913067
I think your use of rhetoric triggered him
>>
>>343914636
This. Having it 3D practically doubled the amount of pixels they have to render in vertical scale, so it could have been a much nicer screen without that gimmick. Still not exactly sharp, but a tons better than the lego shit we got now.
>>
>>343908183
my main complaint is that the trigger buttons seem to get dust trapped under them and the hinges connecting the two screens aren't very durable.
>>
>>343908183
I like the dual screens and the clamshell design.
>>
Handhelds are the only way two screens actually works. You got them comfortably adjacent to each other in a lightweight package.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.