[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate them and rank them, /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19
File: final_fantasy_logos.png (592 KB, 1024x1014) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_logos.png
592 KB, 1024x1014
Rate them and rank them, /v/.
>>
>>343907267
My favorites > your favorites
>>
>>343907267
>God Tier
FFVI and FFVII

>High Tier
FFV and FFIX

>Mid Tier
FFI and FFIV

>Low Tier
FFIII and FFVIII

>Bottom Tier
FFII and FFXIII

I don't care for MMO's so I have no intentions of ever playing FFXI or FFXIV. Still haven't had the chance to get around to the PS2 games, hoping to do that soon.
>>
>>343907267
There all pretty good, but you left out the best one
>>
>>343907267
8>7>9
Never played the nes or snes era
>>
File: b02.jpg (60 KB, 641x634) Image search: [Google]
b02.jpg
60 KB, 641x634
>>343907840
>>God Tier
>FFVI and FFVII
>>
>>343907267
ffxi pre abyssea > all other FFs > ffxi post abyssea
>>
>>343908107
lol
>>
>Fantastic Tier
FFVIII

>Pretty Good Tier
FFV, FFVI

>Average Tier
FFI, FFVII

>Low Tier
FFIV, FFIX

>Trash Tier
FFII, FFIII, FFXIII

>Didn't play it so I can't say
FFXII
>>
>>343908756
You didn't rate FFX
>>
>>343907267
I'm only playing final fantasy VI because the logo looks cool and the sound track is good (or so they say)
>>
>>343908913
I thought I was missing one. Didn't play it though so I'd put it with FFXII.
>>
God tier
FFXII
everything else tier
FF
>>
File: 1453220869838.gif (405 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1453220869838.gif
405 KB, 300x167
>>343908756
>That low tier
>>
>>343909337
Sorry man FFIV felt too controlled to be any fun (no agency in party members, relatively limited exploration, relative lack of character customization, etc.)

As for FFIX it felt like it was missing something, and took several steps back from the innovations that FFVIII had made (not the junction system but things like interactive limit breaks that made the combat more exciting).
>>
File: gffgg4.jpg (37 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
gffgg4.jpg
37 KB, 480x272
I played very few of them, but I can say for sure this:
>VIII
Fun and great. Too easy, unfortunately. Best Soundtrack.
>IX
Second best soundtrack, great locations, weak story. Combat is ok, but so slow I had to drop it during my replay a couple of years ago. Should pick up the newly released version on PC.
>X
Nice world, one of the few games where I actually ended up hating most of the supporting cast and this actually includes Auron until he redeems himself in the last third of the game. Hated the gameplay which felt too constricted during the main game and ludicrously grindy in the post.
>X-2
I have yet to finish it but goddammit I love how sandboxy it feels. It's very fun, although "genki" Yuna was a step in the wrong direction I'd say. Thief Rikku best girl of all times.
>XII
Great ideas overall, didn't finish it unfortunately. I remember liking it lots though.
>XIII
Great combat... horrible level and monster design. It's quite saddening because the combat is far more than "press x to win" on a design level, but you have to gimp yourself by underlevelling to ever face any challenge. Most retarded crafting sistem in the history of gaming, terrible story, great lore.
>XIII-2
Fixes everything! Ruins the combat. If it was easy before, now it's retarded, most of the times you don't even have to break the stagger bar. Great endgame boss, one of the very best.
>XIII-3
Fucking awesome game, full retard story. One of the most fun experiences of the last years and my personal GOTY 2014

I must play VI asap.

Overall, it feels solid. Each installment feels very different from the other which is probably why nobody seems able to like "all" of them. I am especially in a minority since I actually think 8 is the best of the bunch I played and I have no idea why people hated it so much. On the other side, I'd say X was the worst one for me, yes even worse than XIII. Meh, opinions.
>>
File: 1446085769731.jpg (892 KB, 960x3000) Image search: [Google]
1446085769731.jpg
892 KB, 960x3000
>>
>>343910204
>and took several steps back from the innovations that FFVIII had made (not the junction system but things like interactive limit breaks that made the combat more exciting).
Fucking QTE's in limit breaks make is more "exciting"? Kill yourself. Trance was far better than VIII's limit breaks.
>>
>>343911041
Play 6 and 7 you faggot. They shit all over 8 and 9.
>>
File: Rosa_FF4_Fan_Art_01.jpg (95 KB, 750x535) Image search: [Google]
Rosa_FF4_Fan_Art_01.jpg
95 KB, 750x535
Best:
Theathrythm

Good Tier:
FFIV DS
FFVI
FFVIII

Decent Tier:
FFV
FFVII
FFX
FFXIV: ARR

Lackluster Tier:
FFI PSP
FFIII DS
FFXII

Bad Tier:
FFII PSP
FFTactics
FFTactics Advance
Crisis Core

Unnamed games I haven't played yet.
>>
>>343907267
4>6>11>7>8>5>9>14>12>10>13
Haven't played 1,2,3, 10-2,13-2/3.
>>
>>343911495
I'm not really in the mood for 7 at the moment, sorry anon.
>>
>>343911361
>press a button to do a basic thing
>somehow an improvement over timed hits and combos
Found the casual.
>>
>>343911495
VI is good but it's not THAT good.
>>
>>343912171
>VIII's limit break system
>"""timed hits and combos"""

Fucking kek, you can't be serious. At least IX's trance system opened up alternate plays like linking Vivi and Steiner's attacks. VIII's is just QTE's for retards.
>>
>>343914626

>VIII's is just QTE's for retards.
You're thinking of FFVII. 'Press square to stop the train.' 'Quickly press X and circle alternatively to gain power'. 'Press Circle on beat to squat'. Etc.

FFVIII had similar events. But they were executed a little better.

As for battles, Zell and Squall clearly have timed hits.
>>
>>343915927
i'm not referring to shitty in game QTE's (speaking of which, VIII ironically has the worst in the series with that fucking attack on Balamb QTE part).

I was talking about which game's limit break system added more to gameplay, which IX's does since it opens up a lot more combinations. VIII's limit breaks are just shitty QTE's.
>>
>>343916336

Zell's Blitz and Squall's Renozokuquentikalquezaquatl aren't even QTE. You need to learn what QTEs are.

And FFVII clearly had the worst examples of them in the series. The attack on Balamb is nothing compared to half the stuff in FFVII.
>>
File: 1313978975027.jpg (35 KB, 477x324) Image search: [Google]
1313978975027.jpg
35 KB, 477x324
>>343907267

VIII > VI >>> V > IX > X > VII > XII > XIII
>>
God Tier:
V
VI

Good Tier:
IV
VII

Still playing tier:
VIII

Haven't played the rest.
>>
File: ff reactions.jpg (448 KB, 1918x2106) Image search: [Google]
ff reactions.jpg
448 KB, 1918x2106
>>343907267
>>
FF2 is underrated
>>
not about to spend my time making an autistic list but i will say that XIII > X
>>
8>7>10>9>6
>>
bu
>>
mp
>>
>>343907267
FF IV: 7,0
FF V: 7,5
FF VI: 9,5
FF VII: No
FF VIII: 8,0
FF IX: 9,0
FF X: 8,5
FF XII: 7,5
FF XIII: 6,0
>>
bunp
>>
>>343918079
I consider FF VI the best of the series, but VIII will be always my favorite
>>
>>343921393
XII > VII
>>
>>343907267
>of the ones I've played

FF7 - 9
FF10 - 8
FF6 - 8
FF1 - 7
FFX13 - 7
FFIX - 7
FF12 - 6
FF2 - 5
FF3 - 3
>>
XIII > IX > VII > IV > V > VIII > I > X > II

Haven't played III or XII.

Reminder not to get mad at >OPINIONS
>>
>>343907267
X > VI > V > IV > IX > VII = VIII > XII > III > XIII > I > II
>>
Great: 4,7,8,9,12

Good: 1,3,5,6,13,13-2,13-3, 10-2

Bad: 2,10
>>
>>343927220

Oops, put VI after V I guess.
>>
File: FF series.png (646 KB, 1182x856) Image search: [Google]
FF series.png
646 KB, 1182x856
>>343920428
Here's mine, I personally like VIII the most, but VI I consider to be the greatest game in the franchise.
>>
Let's be honest here guys, FF6 to FF10 are the only good ones.
>>
>>343911223
Pretty much this
>>
FFX is the best. Its combat is a good combination of unique to its own game and true to the formula. Blitzball, while some may find it a bit tedious, is a good minigame for what it is (FF8's triple triad is undoubtedly the best FF minigame ever), and FFX, while having probably the most varied selection of boss fights (especially its glorious superbosses) that test your knowledge of the game's base mechanics, also has a varied selection of smaller minigames, each of which has very good prizes. The world of FFX is very good, each location definitely fits into its religion vs technology/science and islander culture theme, where as with previous 3D games, they were a mess of settings and real world influences.

FF12, setting-wise, probably does the best job at making its world feel like the most realistic and well put together world, although it did have the advantage of being set in the Ivalice world, which had two previous games. FFX-2 ruins a lot of what made FFX's world feel real and FF13's world was puke-disgusting. FF7 does a pretty good job of making its world feel a little well put together, having a cyberpunkish/diespelpunkish vibe going on, but there was still a lot of nonsense that made FF7's world feel a little too -- I know you're going to hate me for using this word -- "game-y." Golden Saucer in particular is a nonsensical place. I feel like an RPG should care just as much for its story and setting as for its gameplay, so having things which go against its story and setting, even if its for improving its gameplay elements, is bad game design. Kingdom Hearts, for example, which is about as nonsense as an idea as you can get, can totally work with having a golden saucer level, but not something like FF7, where you have people dying due to government-controlled genocides and alien-controlled psychopaths going on murder sprees. Blitzball works into FFX's universe somewhat since a big portion of the plot and characters are affected by it.
>>
>>343926310

Wow. I actually agree with this.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg (34 KB, 478x264) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
34 KB, 478x264
I made a thread a few days ago giving my first impressions of VI at around 2 hours in. Now at around 20 I'm enjoying it more but still finding it to be underwhelming. I'm on Crescent Isle climbing a mountain to find the Espers causing a ruckus in the world. I enjoy the concept of the Esper system in terms of customizing character abilities, but the concept has since been done much better, such as in SMT Nocturne. It almost feels like I can break the balance of the game by grinding my characters with certain Espers. The combat has not improved either, and I haven't found the characters to be memorable even this far in the game. I really only care for Sabin and that's cause he's a brawler who can do cool fighting game moves (which usually can end the battles in 1 turn). About how much longer do I have to go, and is there still a chance I could be convinced on this game if I haven't by now?
>>
Of those I've played

>God tier
FFVI, FFVII

>Good tier
FFIV, FFVIII, FFIX

>Shit Tier
FFX

I should really get round to playing V.
>>
>>343929907
Possibly.

FFVI may or may not blow you mind at the midway point
>>
>>343930078
That's good to hear. I admit that I like Kefka and I already know how he nukes the world and becomes a god or something, kind of hard to not know that detail, same as Aerith in VII.
>>
File: muhtactics.jpg (476 KB, 1680x927) Image search: [Google]
muhtactics.jpg
476 KB, 1680x927
>>343907267
>TOP TIER
FF VI, FFVII

>HIGH TIER
FFIX

>GREAT TIER
FFIV, FFV, FFVIII

>GOOD BUT DIVISIVE TIER
FFXII

>WORDS WORDS WORDS SAVED BY INTERESTING BATTLE SYSTEM TIER
FFX, FFXIII

>CLASSIC BUT DATED TIER
FFI, FFII

>NOT PLAYED TIER
FFXI, FFIX

>PROBABLY WILL BE A MESS TIER
FFXV
>>
>>343931153
ATB is garbage though
>>
>>343931281
It's better than a limp version of Devil May Cry.
>>
File: Mainline.png (2 MB, 1988x2339) Image search: [Google]
Mainline.png
2 MB, 1988x2339
>God Tier
LRXIII, VI, V, VII

>Great Tier
XIII-2, X-2

>Good Tier
BCVII (watched), I

>Average Tier
IV

>Bad Tier
IX

>Horrible Tier
X, Type-0 (ongoing), XII, DoCVII, CCVII

>Atrocity Tier
XIII, VIII

Final Fantasy died after IX, but the other games are enjoyable in a different way. I somewhat recently replayed I and liked it a bit more now that I knew where to go.
>>
I wonder why X is either at the top of lists or bottom and rarely in the middle. I personally think it was dogshit.
>>
>>343931506

Will literally never understand people who like 13-2 more than 13. Characters are atrocious. Redesigns of Lightning and Serah are awful. Story is garbage level time travel nonsense. Having a third party member composed of really limited in use pokemon is just flat worse than having a third party member. Their idea of "opening up" was adding "help me find my glasses" tier side quests for no reason. Random encounters added back in.

Literally the only thing that is better is battle speed/difficulty. Gets going right from the start. Whether the new level up system is better or worse is matter of opinion.
>>
>>343930304
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. FFVI is more or less split into 2 chapters and the second half is very different kind of beast compared to what you're facing at the moment. I don't really want to say too much but if I could make a recommendation then the point you're at now would be a good time to start leveling up Celes a bit if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1419791382739.png (984 KB, 863x661) Image search: [Google]
1419791382739.png
984 KB, 863x661
>>343931684
It's simply polarizing. I see it definitively as the best, like it's so much better than all the others I don't understand how people could disagree if they care about gameplay in their games. Clearly people don't
>>
>>343931432
Full action or full turn based will always be better than ATB
>>
>God Tier
XII, XI, Tactics

>Great Tier
XIV, X-2, VI, III

>Nostalgia Tier
VII

>Meh Tier
Everything else
>>
>>343931938
See I think the battle system was fairly dogshit too. The sphere grid was a neat idea executed poorly. The thing early game where you were forced to use certain characters to kill certain monsters just kind of dies off later. Either make it a big deal or don't bother with it at all.
>>
>>343932054
But ATB is closer to turn based, which is objectively better for stat based RPGs. ATB is just a way of simulating INIT stats (in a classical PnP sense).

Anyway, I can have this argument in any FFXV hype thread.
>>
>>343932659
I'll gladly shit on XV with you any day man, those demos they released were awful. I wasn't even referring to FF, I meant as a whole I would never take ATB over pure turn based, or pure action.
>>
Personal ranking:

>God Tier:
VIII, XII

>High Tier
Tactics, VII, XIII-2, T-0

>Good Tier
VI, X, IX, XIII

>Mediocre Tier
LR, V, IV

Why Bother Tier
I, II, III

Abomination Tier
X-2
>>
File: slow_day_on_the_horizon.jpg (799 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
slow_day_on_the_horizon.jpg
799 KB, 1920x1080
I just got done playing FFVII and VIII back to back. Both games had major story problems, but FFVIII still came out to be better in gameplay, design and NPC interaction. No idea why FFVIII gets the most hate online.

I was also able to become completely overpowered in both games in the middle of disk 1.
>>
>>343931937
I don't have access to her right now, she's hanging out with General Leo because she and Locke had some beef. I also don't understand that plot point at all. I showed up in the Magitek factory and suddenly Celes got labeled a traitor because Kefka said she was, despite her actions proving otherwise. That part really bothered and confused me
>>
>>343932895
I don't mind action games, I love Devil May Cry and MGR as well as games like Dragons Dogma and Souls, I just don't think it suites Final Fantasy. Hence the dicking on FFXV.

But it's also one of the reasons I don't really get into Tales of games. In a full action game like MGR, Souls or any of the ones mentioned above, you feel the weight of your movement and have a control system that's tightly designed for reactive gameplay. In JRPGs with action combat you just don't get that, and it just feels a bit limp, a bit wishy washy. The enemies have dick huge amounts of HP and your attacks just wash over them without any reaction. I dunno, it just feels limp to me.

To me, the tit for tat of battle is important. The back and forth exchange flow, but with action JRPGs it feels like you're just trying to grind down an enemy rather than fighting it.

I dunno if it makes sense, to me it's as strange as if a fighting game suddenly decided that it was going to be an FPS. I don't like homogenisation of gameplay because it often boils down to the lowest common traits of each.
>>
>>343907267
God Tier:
FFV, FFIV

High Tier:
FFI, FFIII

Mid Tier:
FFXII, FFIX

Great Postgame, Garbage Otherwise Tier:
FFX

Good Story, Shit Gameplay Tier:
FFVI, FFVIII

Shit Tier:
FFII, FFVIII, FFXIII
>>
File: TOX2.jpg (851 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
TOX2.jpg
851 KB, 1920x1200
>>343933958
It's funny that you bring up Tales, since I consider Tales to be way better than FF as a whole. Different strokes I guess
>>
>>343933068
FFVIII gets a lot of hate because it is tonally very different to FFVII and VI. It doesn't have a big adventure or much melodrama. It's quite surreal and yet strangely grounded.

I think it's great because it's unique. But it's certainly not my favourite FF, solely because I found the story to be a bit convoluted. However I think it has the best music of any FF game bar none.
>>
>>343918079
My brother.
>>
ITT: Everyone rates their first FF the highest
>>
>>343933958
This. Tales combat is either over instantly against enemies that weren't a threat to you or you're grinding away against retarded amounts of HP with nerf bats. Tales of Innocence was one of the games that was always in the latter camp and it was one of the worst JRPGs I've ever played because of it.
>>
>>343934261
I guess so. I'm not too into anime so maybe that explains it. I did like Tales of Symphonia though, just not the battle system all that much! It wasn't like I couldn't play it, I just never really felt the presence of each battle.
>>
God tier:
Chrystal Chronicles, Tactics
Shit tier:
All mainline final fantasies
>>
>>343934453
>implying
FFVI was my first FF and I hate it now.
>>
>>343934585
Symphonia is one of the weakest Tales games to me, its battle system is not great, I agree
>>
>>343934453
FF1 was my first and it's mid tier for me.
>>
>>343929907
>I enjoy the concept of the Esper system in terms of customizing character abilities
It's not as good as it looks. Most spells in VI are worthless because it's too easy and the stat and ATB systems are so badly balanced that only one stat matters - Magic Power.
>It almost feels like I can break the balance of the game by grinding my characters with certain Espers.
You would be correct. Esper bonuses are a last second addition that the game wasn't balanced around.
>The combat has not improved either,
It doesn't get better.
>>
If FF IV is above Good Tier your opinions are irrelevant.
>>
>>343934987

This honestly applies more to VI-X players.
>>
Best:
FFX-2
FF13-2

Worst:
Everything else
>>
>>343935070
If FFIV isn't god tier your opinion is irrelevant because you obviously don't know how many JRPG mechanics it standardized or invented
>>
>>343935097
I think you meant IV - now
>>
>>343908054
I dont see a problem here

> this moron posts a picture of a character from a lesser FF title.
>>
>>343935097
So what you really mean is anyone younger than me is a moron which I can totally agree with.
>>
>Good Tier
FFVII, FFXII IZJS, LR

>Okay Tier
FFVIII, FFXIII-2

>Shit Tier
FFX, FFXIII
>>
>>343931845

>Will literally never understand people who like 13-2 more than 13.

And I feel the same in the other direction unless one really likes the combat. Including its implementation. XIII-2's crippling flaw is that it's way too easy, but I personally prefer that to XIII too.

Generally I value gameplay, characters and customization a bit more than average. The rest has great importance as well of course.

>Characters are atrocious. Redesigns of Lightning and Serah are awful. Story is garbage level time travel nonsense.

I disagree on all of these. The characters in XIII-2 actually made sense and were likable. They were in fact good. I happen to like time travel stories as long as the rules are obeyed. XIII-2's unpopular, but postulated, rule of changing the future changing the past is followed. Beyond that the story is personal and I can get into that. Also what made sense and was declared to be the case, happened. No artificial solution here.

>Having a third party member composed of really limited in use pokemon is just flat worse than having a third party member. Their idea of "opening up" was adding "help me find my glasses" tier side quests for no reason.

I would've liked a hidden third party member, since you can close gates. It would've been fun to see different outcomes for cutscenes with a third member. Beyond that I really like the SMT demon system. There were other freeing factors and I personally like side quests they make me care for the world I'm saving. They could've been better, but it's still a step up from XIII.

>Random encounters added back in.

Mog Clock is strictly superior to random and fixed encounters.

>Literally the only thing that is better is battle speed/difficulty. Gets going right from the start. Whether the new level up system is better or worse is matter of opinion.

I see all of those as positives. Plus the soundtrack, atmosphere, freedom to go where I wish (to a degree) and XIII being ignored for the sake of fun.
>>
File: pso xja.jpg (109 KB, 850x575) Image search: [Google]
pso xja.jpg
109 KB, 850x575
>>343908107

accurate
>>
>>343935834

Hey dude, I appreciate you taking the time to respond so fully. I think we have extremely different tastes in video games, but you defended yourself very well. You guessed it right, actually, in that I was really crazy about XIII's battle system. I felt like it placed emphasis on per-encounter strategy and timing rather than pre-encounter planning, and it kept me very involved. XIII had plenty of problems but the combat kept me going. I also fell in love with the characters by the end. Except maybe Hope.

I liked fixed encounters because it eliminated any sense of grinding at all. Do all the encounters, be at a developer intended challenge level for the boss. Actually got mad when the game "opened up" and suddenly I had to pause my important adventure to do 23? or so Cieth Stones before moving on.

The vocal tracks in both games do their best to destroy the soundtracks. Hate them, but there are absolutely gems in both. I love XIII's boss theme with the chaotic piano.
>>
>>343907267
>Enjoyed a lot. Played through multiple times
FF, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10

>Sort of enjoyed. Only one playthrough
FF2, FF3, FF4, FF9, FF12

>Didn't enjoy at all
Every FF13 incarnation, FF10-2

>Most playthroughs best game 11/10
FFT
>>
>>343919378
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>Good Tier (Good Tier)
>FFII
>FFXII
>FFV
>Bad Tier
Other Final Fantasy Games.
>>
>>343931281
the only time it's not garbage is when its accompanied by another gimmick like in parasite eve
>>
File: 1350533626871.jpg (478 KB, 1280x1718) Image search: [Google]
1350533626871.jpg
478 KB, 1280x1718
>>343907267

>God Tier

FFIV (3D DS version) and FFVI

>High Tier

FFIX, FFVII. FFXII

>Mid Tier

FFV, FFX, FFIII, FFIV, FFX2

>Low Tier

FFI, FFIV2

>Bottom Tier

FFVIII, FFII, FFXIII

>Shittiest Tier

FFXIII2, FFXIII3

Now, I would put FFIX at god tier, however my biggest gripe with FFIX has always been as it got towards the ending the story sort of fell apart and some of the gameplay was really unbalanced where only a few characters mattered at endgame.

I placed FFX2 at Mid tier only because of the gameplay. That's what saved it for me, it was really good. Had it not, it would have been in Shittiest Tier because the music, story, and characters in it were fucking awful.

FFIV DS version had a really amped up difficulty so it was a lot of fun especially if you did no grinding (grinding in FF games are for plebs unless superbosses) and beating a scripted boss and actually utilizing those stored elixirs instead of never using them felt good.
>>
>>343907267
>God Tier
FFXIII, FFT

>Great Tier
FFVI, FFVIII

>Okay
FFXIII-2, FFIV

>Shit
FF

not even trolling
>>
File: 1382227087461.jpg (375 KB, 1000x778) Image search: [Google]
1382227087461.jpg
375 KB, 1000x778
>>343908756

>FFVIII

>Fantastic

Is this part of a clever ruse? The broken gameplay, the incoherent clusterfuck of a story, and the Nomura angst fuccboi shit.
>>
>>343940343

>The broken gameplay, the incoherent clusterfuck of a story
So like all other FF games? Yeah, that's the problem. Every single thing people can point out is a flaw in FFVIII is also found in other FF games. Which isn't a surprise since FFVIII was done by people who worked on FFIV-X.
>>
>>343907267
>The only you should actually play tier
The SNES trilogy
>poopinion zone
V > VI > IV

>Ones which I didn't play but I know have been said are good tier
VIII, IX, X/2, XIII

>Still okay
The NES trilogy
>poopinion zone
III > II > I

>lmoa tier
VII
>>
>>343934453
My first FF was VI. I appreciate what it did, but I honestly don't like it much nowadays.
>>
>>343907267
God: V, VIII, X
Great: IV, VI, VII, XIII-2
Okay: I, III, X-2, XII, XIII
Bad: II, IX
>>
>>343940496

FFVIII is shit. And no, the gameplay was BAD. When I say broken, i mean you can easily break it. If you were not aware on how to use it, you could get stuck such as at the missile bunker or if you did know how (like I did), you could easily 4000+ dmg one shot shit 3/4's in disk 1. Game just wasn't fun and to many it was a grind especially absorbing magic or having to play that terra card game, which was important in terms of endgame.
>>
>>343941681

>When I say broken, i mean you can easily break it.
So just like Espers, Materia, Sphere Grid....

I was able to be completely overpowered in FFVII simply by junctioning Transform and Added Ability together. Before I was even halfway through Disk 1, I was able to destroy any enemy I faced. So let's not pretend the Junction system was the only offender of this.

>Game just wasn't fun and to many it was a grind especially absorbing magic or having to play that terra card game, which was important in terms of endgame.
You had alternatives to drawing with that very card game. Which it isn't hard to amass cards at all. It just sounds like you don't want to do any work at all and let the game just hand stuff to you. But even then, its a dumb comment since you can still coast through FFVIII without drawing magic at all. There's literally a way to beat the game without junctioning GFs at all.
>>
File: 1449178262331.png (4 MB, 4640x2480) Image search: [Google]
1449178262331.png
4 MB, 4640x2480
>>343907267
Playing through Crystal Chronicles plus Explorers right now and enjoying both, not sure on any final ranking though.
>>
>God Tier
FFIX

>High Tier
FFV, FFVI, and FFVIII

>Mid Tier
FFIII, FFIV, FFVII, and FFXII

>Low Tier
FFI, FFX and FFXIII

>Bottom Tier
FFII
>>
>>343936368

Hey, no problem. We might have differing tastes, but that's alright. Have fun with it.

To me the XIII combat was boring, since when you use buffs/debuffs, guard big hits and stagger everything, it just all feels the same over and over again. Now as I said I'm a fan of customization, and by proxy it's also for replayability and the goal of making my playthrough experience uniquely mine. XIII doesn't really allow any of that (outside its batshit upgrade system, that I didn't even bother with on my initial playthrough and well that's just stats) and I felt that I suffocated in it. Beyond that being strictly at a certain intended powerlevel compared to enemies caused every encounter to feel the same for the first half of the game. Making the leveling up system totally frivolous.

The reason I like the Mog Clock in the sequel is that allows you to bypass enemies you don't want to fight without needing a battle transition, at least when it's possible, and I'm sick to death knowing well in advance what my next opponent is (The mere wishful thinking of a possibility of getting attacked by three tonberries in a new area is exciting. I want to be surprised.) and then sneaking by them to get back attacks in order to play my optimal game. It all feels so artificial.

I hate every character in XIII, especially Hope, Snow and Serah. In worsening order. I guess Cid Raines was okay. At least his motivations were clear and rational. (I almost liked Sazh, but he was still too bipolar with the excessive comic relief taking the majority of his scenes.) I grew to tolerate Vanille post-revelation.

Heh, I actually ran through Gran Pulse after the first four (I think?) Cieth missions and checking one of the side areas. I wondered at the time if a person, who liked the start could like this? As in what the hell was Square-Enix thinking? Needless to say I didn't like Gran Pulse either, since there was nothing new to do in it.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.