[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... anyone knows how to counterplay this guy? Every game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12
File: junkrat-gameplay.jpg (56 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
junkrat-gameplay.jpg
56 KB, 700x396
So... anyone knows how to counterplay this guy?

Every game there is a Junkrat on the enemy team I don't know how to deal with him.

Not whining, just genuinely wanting to improve my play.
>>
Try Pharah.
>>
>>343906962
Just rush on him between shoot/reload?
He might just shoot himself.
>>
Pharah is a fairly good counter to Junkrat, because as long as she is in the air, junkrat cant really do shit against her.
>>
Out-range / out-height him
Pharah counters super hard, so do the snipers
>>
Anybody who is long range, typically Pharah is given as the best option.
>>
No idea anon but I heard phara could help
>>
>>343907085
This. Soldier, Pharah, Widow and Hanzo are bretty gud. If he's behind a chokepoint with his team backing him, you'll need a Reinhardt shield or Zarya.
>>
I own his face as reaper just need to remember to incorporeal away from him when he dies
>>
>played >900 hours of Demoman in TF2
>get Overwatch and jump into Junkrat
>timing and arc for projectiles is very different
>starting to airshot Pharahs despite slow projectile speed

Feels really good.
>>
>>343908017
I know it's totally luck, but I really love it when a confluence of shit happens and you airshot an enemy Junkrat trying to mine jump behind the line of scrimmage.
>>
He's helpless when you jump on him. Winston/D.Va ruin him, most offense heroes deal with him well provided he doesn't get lucky.
>>
git gud

I play junkrat more than any other character. Anyone can beat me if they out play me. Simple as that

Phara takes me out easy because she's hard to hit. Reaper can take me down, but if I get a hit on him I can usually throw a mine and finish him off. If I miss, it's an easy kill for him. Tracer is difficult to hit, but playing as tracer against junkrat always feels like you're 1 wrong move from death. Roadhog has a lot of health and a good hook can take me out.

Dva, Bastion, genji, reinhardt, and torbs are easy to take out as junkrat
>>
>>343908585
How is diva easy again? You don't get headshot modifiers on her. She will simply fly to your face and fry you in 2 seconds. Even if you manage to bump her out the mech she can finish off what's left of you relatively easily.

Also worth pointing out that she can fly through the trap with her shift
>>
Pharah, Soldier 76, Zayra, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Mei and to a lesser degree, Winston
>>
>>343908728
shes easy because her survivability is partly in armor, which has little to no effect against the grenades. She's also a huge slow moving target when she's shooting, so easy to knock out of mech.

And honestly, I can hit her in her non-mech form because I'm not bad.

>She will simply fly to your face and fry you in 2 seconds

throw mine, detonate mine. Pushes me back, pushes her back. Throw a trap just in case too.

It's really easy, bro. There's not much she can do. If she flies close to me, I blast us apart. If she uses defense matrix and runs up to me, I run away and around corners and she makes no progress. The moment she starts firing on me, she loses mobility and becomes and easy target. She can't kill me fast enough. And again, use corners and shit too.

If you're getting directly fired upon as junkrat, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>343907729
This. I always forget he blows himself up. Then I hate myself for forgetting.
>>
>>343909031
Entirely bullshit and I'm willing to disprove it. Let's create a 1vs1 lobby where you are Junkrat and I'm D.Va and duke it out.
>>
>>343909216
we could, but I'm at work.

I'm just telling you exactly what I do against every other dva in the game. Maybe you're exceptional, maybe you're not. Maybe you play garbage junkrats all the time that just spam grenades in rooms and can't direct hit anything

either way, Dva is never a threat to me. Her damage and mobility are simply too low.
>>
>>343909216
>game based entirely on team-based encounters
>1v1 me bro
this isn't rocket arena
>>
>>343908389
I wouldn't say helpless. If he's smart he will mine jump away from a winston
>>
ZENYATTA ALL OF THE DAY
>>
>>343909436
No, it's simply well known that D.Va counters junkrat. You can't reasonably dish out the damage needed before she guns you down. Any attempt at escaping will be foiled by her "low mobility" (when she has a massive dash/flight on 5 seconds, okay).

What comp rank are you even at?

Give me your battlenet tag regardless and we can duke it out later.

>>343909442
We're talking about a specific 1vs1 matchup
>>
>>343909216
He's right, D.va is not good against Junkrat. She's too slow while shooting and Junkrat can just walk away while spamming nades. And shift to launch themselves apart.
D.va needs to be in his face to do her maximum DPS whereas Junkrat can dish his damage out from far away.
>>
>>343909506
What exactly prevents Winston from jumping to him again after a few seconds?
>>
>>343907067

Rushing is dumb. Any good Junkrat will just blast himself (and you) into the air. Alternatively, the Junkrat will rush YOU on purpose to get a kill with his death grenades.
>>
>>343909523
also this. She's a huge pain in the ass. you can't risk throwing grenades near her or her allies if itll just buff her damage and allow her to wreck your team

>>343909639
>You can't reasonably dish out the damage needed before she guns you down.
you can though

>Any attempt at escaping will be foiled by her "low mobility" (when she has a massive dash/flight on 5 seconds, okay).
she needs to use it to get close usually. Then, as I said, you blast her away to safety and keep firing.

>What comp rank are you even at?

only 53, but climbing

>Give me your battlenet tag regardless and we can duke it out later.

I don't want random people on my friends list.

Like I said, maybe both of us are exceptional at our characters, but Dva has never been a problem for me
>>
>>343909656
5 seconds cooldown on her shift ability which can cover the biggest distance in the game. All while she can deploy a shield that will eat up all of your long range spam, of which you need 5 to hit her to just pop her mech, then 2 more to kill the pilot. And you're doing all these amazing feats which she just needs to burst through 200 hp.
>>
>>343909216
I play junkrat a lot and I agree with him too; you are wrong.

>>343909737
Teammates and possibly waiting for my trap to come off CD. When I grenade jump when someone gets right in my face, people usually don't expect it and I shoot grenades at them while I'm in the air. I'm also buying time for my teammates to help out.
>>
>>343909737
absolutely nothing. Junkrat is only good against winston's shield. If you can be slippery enough, junkrat is an easy target
>>
>>343909901
Not interested in your opinion if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is. Also rank 50, c'mon son.
>>
>>343909901
That's the Russian girl, Zenyatta is the balls of fury robot
>>
>>343909942
>5 seconds cooldown on her shift ability
And yet she's slow as molasses while shotting and needs to be in your face to do any sort of damage.
Keeping your distance from D.va is very easy. That's why she's shit in the current meta and will be buffed soon.
>>
>>343909963
Same proposition to you: 1v1 me Junkrat vs D.Va and let's settle this.
>>
>>343906962
You can midrange kill him piss easily as reaper.
>>
>>343910062
whoops

yeah I dont know. He's 1 grenade from death, but I've never seen a good zenyatta

>>343910034
that's fine, because I'm stating facts
>>
>>343906962
Stop whining and start genuinely wanting to improve your play.
>>
>>343910134
I would but I'm probably going to masturbate then go buy groceries. Sorry anon, I guess you win.
>>
>>343910203
Classic /v/, really. All you can do is argue on paper but you slither away the moment you're asked to play vidya and prove your bullshit.
>>
>>343909639

Find me one person ANYWHERE, besides you, who thinks that D.va's a good Junkrat counter. She's literally the easiest target for him.
>>
>>343909901
>I don't want random people on my friends list
Just fight him you faggot, delete him from your friends list afterwards.
>>
>>343910316
if you want to give out your battlenet to /v/, be my guest

I've no interesting in settling a "1v1 me in a team game, bro"

no character plays in a vacuum. I don't see Dva being good against anyone but bullet characters. her armor just gets shredded by junkrat too easily, which is meant to take bullet hits. Then the rest of the team exists.
>>
>>343909942
>All while she can deploy a shield that will eat up all of your long range spam

A shield that does nothing but stall, giving me time to recharge my abilities.
>>
>>343906962
Bastion
Pharah
Hanzo
Widowmaker

Basically anybody that can hit him from a distance. D.Va can work too but she's a big target.
>>
>>343906962
that screenshot of junkrat is just perfect

the color scheme just matches, very soothing
>>
>>343908585
>guy asks for advice on how to beat said character while saying he's not calling the character broken and just wants to get better
>OMG GIT GUD FAGGOT UR SHIT REEEE

How does it feel sperging out like a fucking autistic child when someone just asks a simple question? This is why you have no friends and your family hate you.
>>
>>343906962
Genji.

Genji.
>>
>>343910954
sounds to me like you're the one sperging.

I gave the honest truth. He's countered be a few people but most characters just have to out-skill him.
>>
>>343908585
>>343909031

I honestly fucking hate that junkrat can instantly detonate his mine. It doesn't even get used as a trap, or a surprise explosion. Its just an instant unavoidable chunk of damage in my face as he gets propelled to safety.

All im asking is that it has to lay flat on a surface before he can blow it up
>>
>>343906962

As a Junkrat main, the only character who really gives me a hard time is Pharah. After a lot of practice I've been able to hit her even while in the air, but she's still the only character I have to make a concentrated effort again.
>>
>>343911167
>remove his most reliable weapon

no thank you
>>
>>343911167
I agree completely. It's kind of like McCree's flash but you can lob it further. It's just too safe and does so much damage.
>>
>>343910748

Wow fucking piece of shit pussy faggot won't even 1v1 me to try and prove his point fucking coward its what I've come to expect from you rice dick shitheads on /v/ fucking manbabies
>>
>>343910954

Did you read his post, or did you just go blind with nerd rage when you saw "git gud"?
>>
>>343911389
I guess one of us will have to learn to deal with it
>>
I'll follow up on this.. how do you counter a bastion+junkrat combo on defense? They eat through Reinhardt shields like crazy. And other tanks don't have the defense to block all the incomming damage. I guess you can take flanks but sometimes that isn't possible through chokepoints.
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-16_03-20-39.png (12 KB, 825x107) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-16_03-20-39.png
12 KB, 825x107
>>343911167
Or at least a fucking arming time.

It's fucking absurd how much I use it in battle if anyone gets close to me.
Instant 120 damage and propels me to safety and allows me to rain death from the skies since bounce shots count as direct hits for some godforsaken reason.
>>
>>343911603
Pharah is your best bet. Widow, Hanzo, Zarya, Soldier Genji etc. are decent as well. Learn to peek shoot Bastions.
>>
>>343910203
A good Zenyatta is an absolute nightmare to deal with.
>>
>>343911639
For such a safe ability that also relocates both Junkrat and his opponents, it should not do that much damage. Genji's dash does 50 damage in comparison...
>>
>>343911639
>riptire

pretty sure it does 500 damage. Roadhog can survive it
>>
File: wooo, jackpot.png (36 KB, 914x358) Image search: [Google]
wooo, jackpot.png
36 KB, 914x358
would u let me break it down on u
>>
>>343911926
Staggered damage.
600 at epicenter and loses damage from there out.
>>
>>343911879
I'll take your word for it, there aren't many good zenyattas and I never seem to see them when I'm junkrat
>>
File: lee sin.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lee sin.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Someone play with me to get dat extra xp, i dont care how shit you are I will tell you nice things like you have clean hair and that you noticeably floss your teeth
>>
>>343912097
>playing with Genji only shitters
>ever
>>
>>343911906
>Tracer is unloading into my asshole
>Nearly dead
>Woopsy doodle time for hooly dooly
>Blast into the skies and send her into a 3 man scramble with my teammates on 30 health
>Get to plop grenades down on half the map, pop down a long range bear trap in the mean time and fly safely away to a health pack with 0 self damage
Fucking absurd.
>>
>>343912097
>stubborn genji main that probably never switches
Good luck with that fag.
>>
>>343906962
Snipe him.
As Junkrat is one of my mains (20 hours), I tend to hate snipers as my grenades can't reach them plus I would have to use my mine jump to reach them.
>>
I just went on a 25 killstreak with him. The only real counter is a pharah thats mid flight or Bastion/sniper that is out of grenade range. But you can easily gitgud and lead pharah while she is flying or simply not go into the open to get sniped. mine explosion works great to push off enemies or junp away, and you can trap someone chasing you down.
>>
File: 1467465562641.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467465562641.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>343912238
>>343912272
Only one way to get better, I bet you guys even play the game for FUN! Pathetic :^)
>>
>>343912380
Junkrat can be surprisingly decent at simply harassing snipers, assuming that you are able to get into mine jumping range.
Just throwing down a bear trap and making them dance around grenades is usually enough to scare them off their perch.

Assuming you don't get bopped out of the sky, however.
>>
>tfw guarenteed quadrakill with riptire per match
Is there a better potg ultimate?
>>
>>343912616
>hear riptire
>throw out mine exactly where it is
>dead riptire

its probably one of the more balanced ultimates. You can't shut down many so easily
>>
>>343912616
>Is there a better potg ultimate?
Winston chimping out and knocking people off ledges.
>>
>>343912616
>can go up walls and even hit airborne Pharahs
>can cancel the sound for a few second by letting it run into a wall
>can completely disrupt a whole team bunched together
>can cause panic and scatter enemies
It's pretty good, but it can be countered
>>
>>343912469
Source?
>>
>>343906962
Did you try left clicking?
>>
HOOLEY
>>
>>343912469
source?
>>
>>343912882
>>343913029
some radiohead stuff. check their instagram
>>
>>343912616
>Is there a better potg ultimate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imxV9RJMU2M
>>
>throw random trap with mine in doorway
>TRIGGERED
>*click*
>100
repeat until tracer starts raging in chat

>>343912768
I don't know mate, if you use it correctly I see no way to kill it before you can detonate, like when using it from a high position while the enemy team is directly under you, you can detonate it before they can shoot it and even if it kills you you just quadkilled the team, it also lasts a LONG ASS TIME so worst case scenario you use it to make enemy back off in fear and get a quick single kill, there is almost no character that can survive it even with defensive abilities.
>>
Pharah is good, but don't go fullblown retard and follow him into buildings if he runs into them, because then you are removing your advantage over him and are giving him the advantage.
>>
>>343913198
>bronze damage
that's a very bad torbjörn
>>
>>343906962
Out range him. Try to lead the fights. Fight in big open areas. Don't get close to him.

But good junkrat players knows they need to be the one controlling the fights and the inherently weak nature of its pushing capabilities. That's why whenever you engage one you will be presented with the choice of either chasing him or letting him run away.
>>
>>343913198
I've got one of these where the Torb literally walks off a cliff while not under fire or pressure of any kind and gets a quad.

Vegas screwed up the rendering though and I can't be bothered doing it again.
>>
>>343913271
I see riptire destroyed like 50% of the time. Most people can tell where it's coming from and know to look out for it

that doesn't make it worthless, but it's not a guaranteed multikill. Most of the time I use it to take out healers rather than get quads. A good non-new team will take it out too quickly for that

below level 20 and below comp 50, I can see it being easy kills
>>
Use height to limit his range.
Use Zarya because Junkrat will almost always feed her plus when he dies you can use his passive to get more charge.
Don't bother with Genji, His reflect doesn't work with splash damage.
Mei can freeze him solid but she isn't really that well suited to a one on one
Pharah has better accuracy and can rocket jump out of his range
>>
>>343913673
>Most of the time I use it to take out healers
Oh god yes, this.

Nothing better than seeing a defenseless healer unable to save their team from the oncoming onslaught of ultimates.
>>
>>343910134
You do realize even if your individual skill is much higher than theirs and you beat them that doesn't prove anything, right?
>>
>>343913840
>genji

his reflect DOES work on direct hits, but i think both characters are even, so he's not a good pick to try and get rid of junkrat
>>
>>343913673
It needs to either have a much longer runtime so you can manuever it around better, or go on walls sideway aswell.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 382x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 382x292
>>343914084
>Junkrat
>direct hits
Pick one
Most of them lack accuracy and it would be better spent on a Pharah.
>>
>>343914313
Well I suppose you're right about most junkrats
>>
File: 7ed.png (150 KB, 540x446) Image search: [Google]
7ed.png
150 KB, 540x446
>>343914313
>concussion shot them into the air
>follow up with an airshot
>>
>>343912025
Discord and you are melting while he is safe behind his whole team.
>>
Is Junkrat the new idiot filter? Or is that still Bastion?
>>
>>343914313
>>343914084
It super easy to knock back shots at a junkrat because you run straight at him, pharah is harder because she is usually flying and alot farther away
>>
>>343914730
Assuming his team is actually protecting him.

His biggest weakness is his team.
And snipers.
>>
>>343914779
still bastion. I pick him relatively often and I'm always surprised by how people still can't deal with him
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 900x904) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 900x904
Junkrat is the most fun, braindead character to play. His whole play style is cathartic, with satisfaction coming from traps, randomly setting off mines, and killing someone with your passive.
Name a better stress-relief character
>>
>>343914793
The problem with being so close to him is that he could mine you away or just simple kill you with his Mayhem
>>
File: mercyheroesneverdie2.jpg (92 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
mercyheroesneverdie2.jpg
92 KB, 850x478
>>343915386
Pic related
I'm a healslut by nature so it's just relaxing to zip around the map and see HP bars fill up when I click on them
>>
>>343912616
>Mercy reviving everyone you just killed with riptire gets POTG
that ticked me off.
>>
File: Whatdidyousay.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
Whatdidyousay.gif
2 MB, 500x283
Play of the game fixes when?
>>
>>343915639
Playing mercy is nice and there is satisfaction in helping people survive. It just stressful when nobody protects you and dying becomes a determent to your team.
>>
File: soldier 76 teabag.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
soldier 76 teabag.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>343913198
>>
>>343915932
Mercy is fucking boring and all mercy players know this.
>>
>>343908389
why do people pretend grenades are impossible to hit when someone is up close to you? Especially DVA?
>>
Don't go Rein. Junkrats melt his shield.
Hog is a better designated tank if there's an enemy junk. Get a mercy on your dick, power through the spam and hook him.

For DPS, go Pharah. If you're airborne sans Junk mine jumping, you're pretty much untouchable. Just stay away from indoor areas and spam him out.

Widowmaker and Hanzo also help to stop him from peaking out from corners.
>>
>>343915932
Playing Mercy actually stresses the fuck out of me since it's way harder to do your job when no one's protecting you.

You can rely on supports usually to protect you as a tank or damage dealer but Mercy's gotta be pretty much self sufficient while constantly zipping into dangerous situations with no reliable ways out.

At least with Lucio I can always rely on speed boost and wall ride in sticky situations.
>>
>>343907067
People seems to underestimate a lot the ammount of damage you can deal as Junkrat if you are actually aiming his grenades. He not only has a lot of damage per frag, he also has a really high rate of fire and also he can reaload really quickly especially with that glitch in the game that let you skip reload animations. The particularily interesting part about him there is that he can cancel his reload animation WHILE dealing damage using his mine. If you shoot your frag, reaload and trow a mine for either movibility or damage you are going to be able to deal 120 at a really high rate of fire and with only about 0.9~ second cooldown if you have your mine ready.

He can deal a fuckton of damage, especially in this game were the attacker gets the advantage but a lot of people can fucking aim with him at all. Rushing is bad approach on it self, but if you try that between shoots or reloads, you are giving yourself way less time than you might think.
>>
>>343915594
ya in theory but it never happens
>>
>>343916630
The real mean Junkrats will arc or bank their mines and grenades, and ignore Rein's shield entirely.
>>
File: 1458940337899.webm (999 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1458940337899.webm
999 KB, 720x404
>>343906962

Pro junkrat player here.

Zarya can shield herself really great since grenades takes some time to reach her.

Winston is fragile as fuck but his shield is fucking annoying. He put it in front of my face so I shoot myself with my nades and gets electrocuted behind the shield.

Roadhog if he hits the hook + meleeshotgun.
>>
>>343916789
They will,but it's better to just pressure his shield so their frontline are sitting ducks. It allows the rest of your team to start doing damage
>>
>>343916789
I think your primary target when rein is around is actually his shield. Don't waste time trying to get around it, just get rid of it for your team. Junkrat is one of the best shield busters in the game. No one else can spend the time to get rid of it except maybe bastion and phara , so you need to destroy it so that everyone is forced to retreat or make a bad push
>>
He needs a nerf. Either to his Hp or damage. He can destroy tanks easily. Hard to jump/hit him. Too mobile
>>
>>343906962
Alright I know this sounds crazy but bear with me
Shoot him
Right in the head preferably
He dies
Thats literally it.
>>
>>343917041
Sure, but it's fun to make them sweat a little sometimes, potentially getting them to make a bad shield aim and opening them up, or trying a charge that does fuck-all. I'm not saying it's a primary strategy or anything.
>>
>>343916717
Playing mercy is stressful as fuck because you can focus on your own team and get better game awareness than other heroes.
Which makes you realize how retarded your team is being.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.