[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Current state of RPGs + Technomancer discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: technomancer.jpg (52 KB, 847x618) Image search: [Google]
technomancer.jpg
52 KB, 847x618
These guys are getting better at making games, Technomancer is a huge step up in the right direction.
Still a lot of things went wrong. Companions and NPCs had huge potential to be Mass Effect 1 tier characters, but they kinda gave up on their development and their interactions with you for the sake of explaining what's going on. The combat is serviceable, could have been better. Level ups and items just need more quantity and original ideas, the concepts are fine.
>Will this studio ever produce their "The Witcher 2" game and debut in the big leagues?
>What can we expect from this sub-genre of WRPGs after The Witcher 3 has set a new bar for secondary quests?
>Do you think Dude Sex and Andromeda will help the genre get better? From the E3 demo Mankind Divided looked like it made very little improvements from 6 years ago. Also Bioware is fucking it up too much with pandering to tumbrboys while giving up the good lore they have behind their games.
>>
spiders is always going to be a lesser version of bioware but without the sjw shit
>>
Bound by flame was kinda shit.
Hope they manage to make a good fantasy open world RPG game. I'm tired of Bethesda basically holding this genre hostage.
>I think they'll go bankrupt way before that
>Nothing's gonna change, sadly, because EA and Bethesda are still top sellers numero 1 and people will buy their games filled with fetch quests even if they're shit
>Wait a month and you'll know about Dude Sex. Andromeda looks like ME3: Inquisition. I don't like it.
>>
>>343906904
>you can fuck a guy in Technomancer
>other romance interests are a literal deported nigger and a tumblr tomboy girl with red hair
yep, without any SJW shit
>>
>>343906348
if they do not go bankrupt
cdpr almost did
>>
File: western spies.png (868 KB, 1000x1450) Image search: [Google]
western spies.png
868 KB, 1000x1450
>>343907287
>CDPR took 15 years to publish one decent game
>Nobody played it
>Still made a sequel
>Some people played it
>They made another sequel
>Best seller on all platforms
You have to admire that eastern europe "oy blin" determination
>>
>>343907153
> tumblr tomboy girl with red hair
tell me more
>>
>>343907153
>tomboy girl with red hair
Can you fuck her as a girl?
>>
>>343906348
>Will this studio ever produce their "The Witcher 2" game and debut in the big leagues?

I don't think they want to. They make budget games and then sell them at AA prices. Or try to.

>What can we expect from this sub-genre of WRPGs after The Witcher 3 has set a new bar for secondary quests?

Most of the secondary quests in TW3 were terrible. Sure were a lot of them, though!
>>
>>343907450
Witcher 1 sold 1M on PC pre-TW2. For a small studio, that was a lot of złoty.
>>
>>343906348
> Technomancer is a huge step up in the right direction
>huge
let´s not get ahead of ourselves, muhc like spider likes to do.
>>
>>343907450
>Nobody played it
many people played it, it just did not sell amounts big publishers would get excited about.
>>
>>343909271
tomboy is a female attribute.
>>
I live Spiders but I can understand if people hate their clunky games
>>
>Spiders
>Cyanide
>Streum On
>the entirety of Focus
Why are frogs so based?
>>
>>343910914
Spiders are shit.
Cyanide and Streum On are neat.
>>
>>343910914
I didn't understand anything you just said.
>>
>>343911048
They're all french devs and "frogs" is like "nigger" for french people.
>>
>>343906904
>without SJW shit
>lesser
>>
File: tommen.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tommen.gif
1 MB, 400x225
Has anyone tried the GOT game from Cyanide? Is it good or is it pic related
>>
>>343911437
It's okay.
Better than Technomancer at least
>>
>>343911048
Of Orcs and Men, Game of Thrones, Aarklash Legacy, and Styx were made by Cyanide also, fucking Loki, lel
Of Orcs and Men, Mars: War Logs, Bound by Flame, and The Technomancer were made by Spiders
Streum On is making SPACE HULK DEATHWING FUCKING WHEN and they made EYE
Focus just publishes loads of great AA games
>>
So how was Mars Bars? I remember some shilling before release then nobody ever spoke about it.
>>
>>343911437
did you like the combat in of orcs and men? this is pretty much the same
writing and story is pretty good as well
definitely worth a playthrough
>>
>>343911518
Say what you want but I loved Loki to bits.
>>
>>343911643
Mars Nigger Wars or Technomancer?
Well both have a decent story, but the writing for Nigger Wars is much worse and more silly.
Technomancer has better gameplay, open world and yadda yadda.
It's good at best, it won't be more than a 7/10 unless you're a Marsfag who likes games on Mars.
Never finished Nigger Wars because I got bored.
>>
>>343911643
Clunkier Bound by Flame in a different setting
>>343911757
For some reason, it really feels like a terrible version of the regular hack & slash convention of "map full of trash mobs, 3-5 lieutenants and one mini boss" where you level up and immediately lose your power advantage because the enemies on the next map also leveled up. Just felt like a chore
>>
>>343911692
Never played a cyanide game before.
If I'm trying it I'm torrenting it, because
>not going to pay unless it's any fun
>>
>>343912081
couldn't give less of a fuck where you got it from, not like I'm responsible for your decisions
I don't know how to accurately describe the combat, it has auto attack and you pause the game to use skills
you should definitely try it out
>>
>do first side quest
>move from point A to point B
>move back to point A
>go to point C, back to B then back to A
>complete quest without fighting anything

It's shieet
>>
File: oo&m-.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oo&m-.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343910914
Because all they make are AA games, and AAA is where games lose their soul.
Everything they make is right in that sweet spot of money & passion.
>>
>>343912365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW9NaKZ1PSs
also,
>all they make are AA games
>Ubisoft
>>
There's no way you could enjoy the combat system in this or Bound by Flame unless you'd literally never played a good video game in your entire life.
>>
>>343912662
Oh, Ubisoft doesn't count, it's international.
>>
>>343912662
>this starts playing during the final battle
fucking HYPE
>>
File: hue.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
I haven't enjoyed a game like technomancer in a while, I love it despite it's flaws. It gives me the same feeling I had when I played the first mass effect.
>>
>>343910618
Not to SJWs
>>
File: technomancer.webm (1005 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
technomancer.webm
1005 KB, 1280x800
>>343906348
I liked the Technomancer booth lady at E3.
>>
>>343910914
Arkane
And that shitty sjw studio that did Life is Strange and some other game I forgot
>>
>>343913928
How is the open world? Is it just a giant area filled with pointless collectibles that you have to run through every time you wanna do a sidequest?
It annoys me that even AA games these days have to include the open world meme when the linear stuff from previous games was fucking fine
>>
>>343914162
she looks like she's drugged
>>
>>343914169
>other game I forgot
HEH
That's Dontnod, they're working on Vampyr right now
>Arkane
Dishonored was dumb fun but not really a great stealth game
>>
>>343914302
>caring about Arkane's worst game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS49Dazin3E
>>
>>343914176
it's not open world like you're implying, it's hub areas you fast travel between. Like I mentioned, the game reminds me of mass effect.
>>
>>343914554
That's a big relief, they're sticking with what works then.
Which class or combat type or whatever they call it is the most fun?
>>
>>343914264
she's french
>>
>>343906996

'kinda shit'? more like pretty awful, this is their best game so far. I enjoyed mars war log for the solid combat and hilarious dialogue so this was a nice surprise.
>>
how's the combat in this?
can you be a ranged mage-like technomancer?
>>
>>343906348
The game is actually everything that's wrong with modern RPG's.

One of the few good recent RPG's is Lords of Xulima, I would recommend it for you if I knew that you like RPG games but it's obvious that you don't.
>>
>>343914683
You mean what playstyle makes combat most tolerable? I dunno. I'm doing full power tree with some points in knife and gun now. It's alright.
>>
>>343915113
Yeah you really need to spec into whatever the magic in the game is if you wanna get through Spiders combat fast
>>343914849
But BbF combat is better than M:WL
>>
>>343914998

3 combat styles you can switch between as well as techo powers that can be used in all stances. You can play a ranged lightning user but it does pay to combine your attacks with melee for efficiency
>>
>>343907450
>Nobody played it
It sold over a million off of word of mouth while on an engine from 2001 as a PC exclusive. It's budget was probably smaller than the number of copies sold. Witcher 2 also sold around 2 million in a year and I think both games combined sold around 5 million before W3 was even announced.

It's a bit much to say that nobody played them.
>>
File: stealth.webm (3 MB, 1200x676) Image search: [Google]
stealth.webm
3 MB, 1200x676
STEALTH
>>
Since it says bioware-like, are there evil choices in this? Will my mwahahaha side be satisfied?
>>
>>343915710
This is exactly how Shadow of Mordor works.
>>
>>343915710
what the fuck is that slowmo
what is it even FOR
>>
>>343914481
>tfw the lighting in DM is atrocious
After not playing it forever I went back to replay it and I thought fullbright was on.
>>
>>343907450
It was pretty popular back when it first came out.

You have to remember that PC was also not nearly as popular as it is now. What they managed to sell back then was basically gangbusters for PC sales.

It was a very solid game and there had been nothing like it for years.
>>
>>343916204
Haven't played this one yet but in previous game it's for crits
>>
>>343916540
It also had the support of being based on a somewhat recognizable series.
>>
>>343914162
reminds me a bit of Emma Stone
>>
>>343914998
It's shit.

Apart from the AoE electric storm with a gigantic cooldown, your ranged lightining bolt attacks take ages to kill anything, not to mention waiting for fluid to regenerate.

Enemies have very simplistic and repetitive patterns. For example, when fighting every basic human with a one handed club type weapon and no shield you can stagger them for a few hits, then they will dodge twice and then attack. You can just mindlessly mash basic attacks, dodge immediately after your second missed attack and then start mashing again. Combat lasts too long for its own good thanks to retarded amounts of health on every enemy, so the limited movesets become apparent very quickly and it degenerates into a boring routine. Attacks are slow and predictable, the only way you can die is because you're getting swarmed by four enemies at once and the controls decide to mess with you so you end up dodging in the wrong direction.

The above is made 1000 times worse by fact that enemies respawn and you have to do a huge amount of backtracking fighting the exact same mobs in the exact same places every single time.
>>
>>343907450
Shitload people played it in Poland.
We mostly pirated it tho
>>
>>343915083
I heavily dislike isometric view bullshit. It's just ugly and feels like playing a 90's game 26 years later. It's just shit.
They told me to play so many RPGS, but they were all just JRPG games with Diablo gameplay.
You're one of those fags who doesn't play anything that is not the same game over and over since 98, correct? Because you sound like one.
>>
>>343916204
lewd crits
>>
>>343914998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HPWP3O594
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (11 KB, 231x219) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
11 KB, 231x219
>>343915083
>it's a "Bladur's gate clone or nothing" episode
>>
File: 1467029217916.png (499 KB, 510x511) Image search: [Google]
1467029217916.png
499 KB, 510x511
>>343915083
Someone's jealous of our fun
>>
Will this be PoE 1.5 or are they actually trying this time around?
>>
>>343918804
The title is literally tranny, prepare for SJW shit at every corner
>>
>>343918804

>Avellone doesn't even work at Obsidian anymore

Yeah, nah, I have literally no hope for this game.
>>
is Technomancer good though? enjoyable n shit?
>>
>>343918804
I want to believe because I like the concept of the game, but after PoE I highly doubt their ability to deliver anything higher than mediocrity.

>tfw Tyranny will never be developed by MotB or NV era Obsidian
>>
>>343917042
>your ranged lightining bolt attacks take ages to kill anything
My lightning kills most enemies in 2 casts and my resource regens to a full pip in about 2 seconds. For tougher enemies I hit them with the lightning fist first to put the debuff on them then use my lightning bolt.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.