[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
one undisputable advantage console has vs pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 21dmool.jpg (827 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
21dmool.jpg
827 KB, 1600x900
online stays active wayyyy longer on consoles, and i don't mean servers (obv pc wins there).

you can still find a community in almost any game on consoles. i fucking downloaded XCOM and played the multiplayer for the first time ever on console because it literally had 0 players a few weeks after i bought it on PC. about 3 weeks the online community for PC stuck. 360 STILL has players.

That's for an uncommon game too. For other games its the same story.

Because CSGO, Dota and LoL (alongside maybe 5 or 6 other games) have such a monopoly on PC there is barely anything actually available to play on PC with online. You miss out on some really fun multiplayer modes on PC.
>>
""lol""
>>
Dude.

I still play Freespace 2 and Stronghold Crusader against people. Mount and Blade has tons of servers up. Did you really know what the online scene was like for PC before you made this post?
>>
>limiting your sales

Brilliant plan.
>>
no it doesn't.
there are about 3000 people playing Xcom right now, you're just a massive faggot

https://steamdb.info/app/200510/
>>
That's because everyone on PC is playing modded/private servers while console has no choice but to play vanilla. No shit you're gonna find a match when everyone's playing the same game.
>>
>>343905916

download xcom right now and screenshot yourself playing vs another human.

there may be 3000 people playing right now. ALL of them are playing SP.
>>
>>343906059
pc exclusive/pc-centric games have mods yeah. so cod4, battlefield, arma, garrys mod, of course they still have active communities.

i'm talking about games without mods, vannila MP experiences. Like Assassin's Creed, GRID, Mortal Kombat, etc etc. They still have communities playing on console. None on PC.
>>
There are tons of PC exclusive games with online communities though

So following your argument about missing out on multiplayer content...

>>343906614
So the problem isn't a lack of community, it's a lack of people playing the same version as you
>>
>>343905504
>online stays active wayyyy longer on consoles
You mean till the new consoles hit and they all die?
>>
>>343906614

This information is straight up wrong are you looking at how many people are playing these games on steam or are you going to keep pulling conclusions out of your ass?
>>
>>343905504
Nice reddit post, m8.
>>
>>343906804

Vanilla games NEVER do well on PC. They die out immediately. You get like a week to play the MP portion of the game before you are screwed.

Try playing the MP for Arkham Origins on PC. It just doesn't exist.

Try playing fighting games on PC. The population is miniscule.

Try playing racing games, aside from exclusive ones, on PC. Even Prject Cars is a wasteland. I thought i'd be playing that every day on PC but nope.
>>
>>343905504
>obv
Get out
>>
>>343907043

You are an idiot. The steam numbers aren't the people playing ONLINE. They're playing the SP 99.888888989898% of the time you huge gaping faggot.
>>
>>343907071
That's because there's more ways to play the game. Why would you limit yourself? Don't you think they do it because they're having more fun in modded/custom servers than vanilla?

Just get friends if you want people to play with. There's tons of websites and resources for setting up vanilla multiplayer.
>>
>>343907453
No actually i don't think custom/modded is better than vanilla. And neither do 99% of people.

Look at the most popular online games. ALL of them are vanilla-only for the most part. Or at least, the population only cares about the vanilla side, and the mods are a decent added extra.

LoL, DOTA, CSGO, WoW, SC2, Overwatch, Hearthstone... do you really think people aren't playing the vanilla modes? The vanilla modes are the reason those games are popular.
>>
>>343907165

I'm going through the discussions for GRiD right now. This is not a dead game. Fan forums for Wolfe Stein: Enemy Territory have stickies put up yesterday. These communities are still pretty active. Try again retard let's make more rash assumptions without information
>>
File: 1453080147987.jpg (8 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1453080147987.jpg
8 KB, 208x250
>enjoy MGO3
>MGSV always has 5000+ people playing on PC at any given time
>search for a match
>only about 17 or so people in matchmaking across all modes

How? What the fuck are the other thousands of people doing? Beating FOBs to death?
>>
I can literally get into an Evolve match 10 minutes faster on console than PC. PVZ:GW2 and Titanfall some of the modes on PC are actually dead while still thriving on Xbox. Also no hackers these days on consoles.
>>
>>343906994

On Xbox we have backwards compaibility and cross-play coming to PC. Xbox + PC will be the true master race.
>>
>>343905504
>huge assumption
>dumb conclusion
>stupid thread
>>
>>343907720
First you said vanilla games never do well on PC and die in a week

And now you're saying that those games are popular because of their vanilla modes?
>>
>>343908005
Holy shit did you really buy evolve twice?
AND plants vs zombies?
AND titanfall?
Why the fuck would you do that?
>>
>>343905504
>consoles are better thread
Just let it go anon. You're fighting a losing battle.
>>
>>343906234

Not him, but you first. You're the one that made the claim that it's not dead on console.
>>
File: flying_by_gif.gif (989 KB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
flying_by_gif.gif
989 KB, 352x288
>>343905504
>there is barely anything actually available to play on PC with online.

Wew, laddie. You're a special sorta stupid, aren't ya?
>>
>>343908005
You don't understand what PC is.
PC is absolute freedom. So you get to types of people.
Absolute fucking retarded faggots that play whatever the most Popular thing is.

cool people that play cool things ONLY and are on PC for the reason of acquiring the best content.

lots of modern games don't fit EITHER of these categories. you have to get what MOST console players are.

Retarded slightly less faggoty retards that want to experience the most Approved Content for Gamers.

that's why evolve is still alive on it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.