[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so with the recent japan sale on EU PSN i picked up Dark Cloud,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: rogue_10.jpg (90 KB, 710x404) Image search: [Google]
rogue_10.jpg
90 KB, 710x404
so with the recent japan sale on EU PSN i picked up Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle and Rogue Galaxy.
and holy shit these games look really nice.
i mean they don't run 16:9 full screen but they just look very sharp and pretty much on par with the proper PS3 HD remasters (except for not being 16:9)
i do have a PS2 constantly hooked up but since these were half the price of a used PS2 copy i decided to go for it.
and man Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy are really fucking cool, granted i for some reason expected traditional JRPGs.
either way, wich games do you want to see on PS2PS4?
personally Ape Escape 2 and 3, but those are easy answers.
>>
ITT: Plebs discover emulation
>>
Is Rogue Galaxy actually good? Worth $10?

I love JRPGs but I don't like grinding. I prefer the Final Fantasy style of JRPG where as long as you don't run from battles you never have to grind in order to finish the game. I heard Rogue Galaxy has some grinding.
>>
>>343899892
Hint:
you can force 16:9 in rogue galaxy when emulating.
>>
>>343901091
sadly i just started and am like 2 hours in, basically still tutorial land.
but just FYI the combat is more kingdom hearts really, realtime and x for attack square for pistol shots etc. and choosing skills from a menu.
it's pretty fun.
no idea about the grinding though
>>
>>343901230
is it true 16:9 or just stretching the image?
>>
>>343901459
Not him but
Unless it's an ingame option within Rogue Galaxy itself like say in FF12, then it's definitely just stretch.
>>
>>343901091

Rogue Galaxy is a pretty fun game, if you can live with the jRPG faggotry.
There's only 2 dumb moments in the game: a plot twist with pretty stupid consequences for gameplay (you'll get over it), and a boring as fuck ever-repeating dungeon. 2 brainfarts is still a pretty good ratio.

Also, the bug collecting minigame is ABSOLUTE GOD TIER and has potential to make you care about it more than the main game.
>>
>>343899892
always stop before finishing the game
>>
>>343899892
>they don't run 16:9 full screen

They do if you emulate on PC congrats you played yourself
>>
do i need to play dark cloud 1 to enjoy dark cloud 2?
>>
>>343905030
No
>>
>>343901091
>>343902246
Aye, it's one of my favorite JRPGs honestly.
There's some dumb shit and you really need to look for the fun of it (hell, I never played any of the other characters in my first playthrough, but they're all pretty nice outside of Simon).

But the best thing about it is the sheer amount of extra shit to do.
>Bounty hunting
>BUGS
>Factory assembly
>Outfit collecting
>etc.
>>
>>343905387
Rogue Galaxy was trash, especially compared to Dark Cloud 2 which it was supposed to be a successor to.
>>
>>343905676
>especially compared to Dark Cloud 2
Nigga what?
Dark Cloud was decent, but bogged down by overly long dungeons and none of the party mattered.
Dark Cloud 2 was WAY better, as the only bad "party member" was really Monica's monsters since they took too much to grind.
Story was much better, characters were more lively, decent voice acting, and fishing was kinda fun at least.

However, Rogue Galaxy blew all that out of the water.
All the party outside Jupis really felt like they had arcs/character. The story had a great feeling of an epic space opera. Bugs were a thousand times better than fish, and the abilities/play-styles were more varied.
>>
>>343906175
>rogue galaxy blew all that out of the water
I would say I don't know how it's possible to have an opinion this wrong, but considering this is /v/ I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>343905387
the factory assembly mini-game was way more fun than the actual game itself. I wish they would make a full version of that and release it (and make Rogue Galaxy a mini-game the factory worker can play during his lunch break)
>>
File: 1462223241690.jpg (26 KB, 232x376) Image search: [Google]
1462223241690.jpg
26 KB, 232x376
>>343906774
Georama is the tightest shit and it needs to be in more games.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.