[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true you can make a PC with better/same specs as a PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1437353313111.jpg (82 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1437353313111.jpg
82 KB, 700x700
Is it true you can make a PC with better/same specs as a PS4 for the same price, or is that just shit people throw in the air when they want to defend "muh PC"?
>>
You will have to use a lot of shitty brands to get to that
>>
>>343897813
As a PC fanboy, I can honestly say no. A ps4 goes for ~$320 as of right now, and for that price point you are looking at, at best, a 750 ti. Thats a fairly good budget card, but doesn't hold as well against a ps4. That being said, investing in a good pc can save you money in the long run, as you would only need to upgrade individual parts in the future instead of buying new consoles, and games go on larger sales much more frequently (or you can pirate, I dont judge). Overall, its up to you.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 256x192
>>343897880
Yer doin' it wrong.
>>
>>343897813
Absolutely not

Even if you manged to match a console in raw power for the price (these builds usually include bad power supplies, used graphics cards or no case) you wont get the same performance because targeted hardware.

I would even think about a PC as a gaming platform unless you're willing to drop at least a grand.
>>
>>343900874
>a grand
Woah there bud, slow down. Sure if you wanna play some very intensive new games at ultra you'd have to drop a hefty sum, but as a general gaming rig? 500 alone can get you some pretty good specs, 750 getting you around being able to play probably any game you want (just with going low on some of them.) obviously these are ball park estimates and are not absolute.
>>
>>343901382
a high end build is closer to 1600-2k

It can easily go over 2 if you want some meme shit 4k or even the trio of maxed out settings, 1440 and 60+

A 980ti wont even run everything at 1080 maxed out 60+

Those "console killer" builds also never include a keyboard or mouse too which is bullshit because consoles come with at least 1 high quality controller.
>>
>>343897813
I love how this is supposed to be insulting to just DKs instead of WoW in general. Just replace "death grip" with literally any other spammed spell and you have all the other classes.
>>
>>343900874
>targetted hardware
>he still thinks games are optimized for consoles
All they do to "optimize for console" is lower the settings until they get a "mostly consistent" 30fps
>>
File: computer 950.jpg (98 KB, 669x523) Image search: [Google]
computer 950.jpg
98 KB, 669x523
1.) Buy used PC
2.) Buy video card on sale

Paid $400 for my machine and it vastly outperforms consoles.
>>
>>343902260
Name one game a 980ti cant play maxed out at 1080p.
>>
>>343897813
>Buy a graphics card for the cost of a PS4

>Also have to buy the other computer parts
>Also have to buy a keyboard, desk, mouse, mousepad, surge protector etc
>>
>>343905138
TW3, TWW, Crysis 3
>>
Even if consoles are less expensive now (which they are, not denying that), games are still cheaper on PC, along with orher capabilities that come with PC.
>>
>>343905914
it's not that much different if you factor in used games, rentals and stuff like amazon prime/best buy club discounts where you can get new releases for like $40-50

you have to buy a lot of games to make up the difference

PC is better than console but not when it comes to budget gaming.
>>
>>343905138
your mom
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.