[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>RE4 is better than the later games cause it's actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 139820-stranger.jpg (319 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
139820-stranger.jpg
319 KB, 1280x1024
>RE4 is better than the later games cause it's actually scary guys!

When will this meme end?
>>
>>343895661
>scary
umm what?. literally nothing is scary in that game. it was just shooting the shit out of spics
>>
It's true though
>>
>>343896765
>RE4
>shooting spics
>RE5
>shooting niggers
>RE6
>shooting chinks

What next?
>>
>>343897496
You shoot russians in rev2
>>
>>343897496
Shooting commies I hope.
>>
>>343897554
>>343897601
Oh cool.

They should have one shooting Brits.
>>
>>343897496
Shooting nothing because RE7 is a Letsplay bait walking simulator.
>>
4 5 and 6 honestly should have been their own series. I feel people would be more accepting of it because they're not bad games. 5 and 6 co-op is a lot of fun in fact.
>>
>>343897816
but the game will have weapons
>>
>>343896765
the castle is fucking creepy as hell. i wouldn't call it scary but it has a very sinister vibe. something about religious cults always gets to me.
>>
>>343897960
Though 5 was annoying as fuck if you tried playing alone.
>>
>>343895661
Well at least first time encountering Dr Salvador, invisible bugs and regenerator/iron maiden is scary to me, especially when the music started to play
>>
>>343897806
>Demented Brits attacking and cursing you in wild mobs
Bloodborne kind of did it already.
Also real life.
>>
>>343895661
fucks sake RE4 isnt scary. not even the iron maiden is scary. re4 is more of an action game than anything else

the only time its scary is the time where you meet the white bag. i just fineshed playing silent hill and i know for sure some stupid jump scare is going to get me when i shoot the dumb wriggling thing

turns out its literally nothing, but it did worried me a bit
>>
>>343896765
I think what anon is trying to imply is that it's intense. Stop and pop combat was relatively new at the time, so was a forced combat game that featured ammo conservation and close quarters.
After a playthrough (if that) it loses it's tension because you eventually figure out that the enemies aren't really as huge a threat as they seem and you've got the combat system down.

The only enemies that concern me nowadays are the chainsaw sisters and that flaming double chainsaw fuck in the Mercenaries mode, who stresses me out so much I've never finished the stage, but that isn't in the main game.
>>
5-1 makes up for the entire rest of the game in terms of spooks.
>>
Its the best RE in the series, not full retard third person CoD like 5/6 and not slowpoke pace, not to mention the new game+ mechanic and survival mode from which you could unlock more stuff in the main story.
Game is a solid 9/10 for that time, 5/6 went full retard and turned into black ops, the only reason to play it are the extra modes because the main game sucks dick.
>>
It's atmosphere is not as heavy as it's predecessors', though it's still very mysterious and hostile.
There's much more terror than actual scares.
>>343901840 this nigga gets it
>>
>>343901203
Yeah but bb was awful in comparison to re4 and re5
>>
>implying regenerators didn't make you shit yourself
>>
>>343903174
Those gave me PTSD. I played RE4 when I was 12/13 and I just couldn't handle those fucks. I eventually beat the game though (much later)
>>
>>343897960
>I feel people would be more accepting of it because they're not bad games.
5 and 6, maybe. Only the hardcore nostalgiafags have a problem with 4. It's considered one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>343895661
>Better level design
>Almost every single fight in RE5 is a arena battle you have to kill everyone to progress or run to the edge and kick down a door.
>Better boss design
>Enemy design is simple and memorable
>Mostly a solo game since Ashley is MIA for the first 1/4th of it then taken away repeatedly for most of it and most sections otherwise let you put her in some sort of trash can that they never look in and you get to clear the are alone.

RE5 apologists please go your game has shit level design , shit bosses besides maybe Wesker 2 and the shit 9 item inventory real time backpack shit was just small and boring to manage. Lets not forget forced coop even when you're alone which forces you to role with a shit AA that uses its most powerful ammo on grunts so you have to give it jack shit.
>>
Massive fucking tits.
>>
>>343903821
This, co-op is entertaining but doesn't excuse a bad game
>>
>>343904216
>>
> scary
Oldfag here. Not once has this been said in praises for re4. It'd always about its atmosphere. The village, lake, night time village and castle all had a great atmosphere for horror, which definitely tied into the truly fantastic credits roll. However, the island, sans regenerators, lacked a horror vibe and went full action movie. On down to the Krauser/Leon knife fight that still maintains 80s level of action awesomeness and a ate that slayed scrubs left and right. The problem is that 5 and 6 ran with the latter without the tongue and cheek attitude of 4, largely to capture the edgy western dominated market you limp dick cucks ate up the 7th gen. EVERYTHING had to be cinematic, guns a blazing, murican Michael Bay shit and they ran with it.

So no, nobody ever praised 4 for "scares".

Have fun with your epic may mays and showing how refined your tastes are in survival horror video games.
>>
>>343895661

It somehow reinvented bio horror, it sure is really scary compared to the revelations series. resident evil is just too bright and too colorful to be scary, furthermore is africa a shit setting. resident evil 6 is way to twitchy, you have too much movement against slow, predictable enemies so the horror aspect is lacking. resident evil 7 doesnt even seem to be a resident evil game. Whats your point, you want to hear a "sure" and close the thread?

sure /thread
>>
>>343904345
>The problem is that 5 and 6 ran with the latter without the tongue and cheek attitude of 4
Holy fuck, between you and >>343903821 you've almost restored my faith in /v/ not being 100% retarded
>>
>>343903174

>be 13yo guidewhore
>read about thermal scope
>slow ass regenerators suddenly posses little to no threat

their breathing spooked me a little tough
>>
>>343904706
>be idiot
>get thermal to kill those shits
>one near to me so I try to nail him
>no ammo
Fuck
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.