[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other Open World Zombie games that aren't DayZ or H1Z1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
I haven't really enjoyed either DayZ or H1Z1 because they just seem to be really glitchy and I generally am not a fan of playing just online games.

I wondered if there were games that feature zombies, and are open world with obviously survival thrown in.

Apologies if this is an obvious question but I rarely keep track of games at all so I don't know of many games.
>>
that one that looks like minecraft
>>
MOOOOOOODS
>>
Dead Island.
>>
>>343897247
>Dead Island

Do you get companions in the game or are you by yourself?
>>
>>343895256

state of decay?
>>
File: The-Forest-PC.jpg (813 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Forest-PC.jpg
813 KB, 1920x1080
You're not fighting zombies as such, but The Forrest might just be what you are looking for.
Certainly one of the most stable and focused survival games out there.
>>
>>343897343

Like I said I don't really keep track of games so I don't know about it. looking for in your opinion?
>>
>>343897471

Ah right thanks for the recommendation I will check this out, whatever the hell that thing is in the middle it made me laugh.
>>
>>343897657
Not worth it, it might just be one of the worst game i've touched.
>>
File: 1459385418739.jpg (95 KB, 553x321) Image search: [Google]
1459385418739.jpg
95 KB, 553x321
>>343896694
7days to die?
it's pretty good, besides zombies being able to hit you from a distance even if you back up, if they were ready to hit you.
Its singleplayer and multiplayer, OP
>Me and friend build base
>7th day comes again on a 60+ day server
>Zombies fall in our trenches after getting past wall of spikes
>Some escape and begin hounding at the doors
>5 mins pass, ran out of arrows, cant go out and smack them because i'd get my shit ravaged
>Zombies have now dug through trench wall underneath house and are quickly excavating the area
>House fucking caves in and i fall into a pit of 20 zombies who all devour me
>All that remains of the house is a zombie mosh pit and 2 walls
i knew they broke walls but i didnt think theyd dig through dirt i dunno why
>>
>>343895256
Project Zomboid
>open world
>zombies
>early access
>indie
>crafting
>building
>has multiplayer
>almost looks like JA2, so let's say it goes for retro look
Did I trigger anyone here yet?
>>
They made a Brianna Wu mug?
>>
State of Decay is actually pretty fun but it was buggy when I played it, not sure if it's been patched up yet.
>>
>>343895256
Dying light
>Climbing and running
>Pretty challenging
>Both multiplayer and single player
>Zombies aren't just your punching bags
>>
>>343897330
You are just by yourself. People could jump into your game if you have the settings on correctly. The multiplayer is fun as fuck. Offline kinda has a lot of monotony.
>>
>>343898009
>>343897343
What did you guys enjoyed about it?
>>
I wish there was an open world zombie game that wasn't trying to be a super realistic survival sim. Just something like L4D or TLoU, but a massive map to run around on.
>>
>>343897841
Not him, but why do you think so?
>>
>>343897850
>7days to die
Nah I meant Unturned
>>
>>343895256
project zomboid is pretty gud, you get a lot of options in how you design your character and it has profound influences on what you can and cant do

open world, lots of options on how hard/easy zombies are, some base building, online

pretty gud all around
>>
>>343898214
Dying Light
>>
>>343898551
Don't really know tried getting into it three times but it's really boring

>zombies are either gently touching you or buttraping you in three hits. >Controls feel weird and camera angles are shit
>weapons are annoying and feel akward
>Stupid, retrieve inventory mechanic
>>
File: 7dtd.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
7dtd.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
>7DTD
Been surviving for weeks, one horde after another. Until one night we hear a lot of noises and growling somewhere, but we can see barely a few undead outside, being stopped by our fences and traps. The noise is getting louder by the minute and suddenly the floor beneath our feet collapses and we fall down straight in the middle of a giant horde.

It turns out one of our team members has been tinkering with a cellar floor, but dug it just too close to our mine which had an old entrance outside of our base. The horde had found its way inside the caverns and breaking through the wall into our cellar, finally making the whole floor collapse.
>>
>>343899053
Did you try it out with friends?
Also, consider the "zombies" come in different flavors that adapt to how you deal with them, and that your physical state plays a part in how much punishment you can take.
>>
TheWarZ :^)
>>
File: zomboid.jpg (832 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
zomboid.jpg
832 KB, 1920x1200
Zomboid
>>
>>343895256
miscreated
>>
7 Days to Die is bretty gud as long as you have people to play with. It's got rising difficulty, longevity, pretty standard building/crafting system, biomes and shit. You can play on your own but honestly that's 2spooky for me
>>
Dying Light, anon. It's fucking great.
It's legitimately fun, free running is cool, and it has STALKER tier progression from terrified babby trying to get somewhere safe before nightfall to soaring demigod wielding flaming swords and assault rifles
>>
>>343898023
This
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice a game it was. The freerunning was fun, well made, and didn't feel forced. Basic walkers in small pockets are a nightmare, even more so in cramped spaces. Hell, even the characters and setting are decent.
>>
>>343898903
Dead Island's combat was shit though
>>
>Cataclysm DDA

Build bitching killdozers to kill zombears, killer bots and dinosaurs or if you are faggot and anti fun you can try to build a base and try to survive as long as you can on farming and animal husbandry.

Also enemies track you by smell next to all the obvious options the more you sweat (warm clothing/warm weather/fighting & running) the more you smell and easier it is to track you.
>>
>>343902717
This. Dying Light is excellent and severely underrated.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.