[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After playing years of LoL and now a few weeks of Overwatch I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19
After playing years of LoL and now a few weeks of Overwatch I just have to say one thing about multiplayer games: fuck this forced 50% winrate machmaking
If I look at this whole "problem" objectively then I see how this is the most fun experience for everybody since though you will loose 50% of the time but you will also win 50% of the time.
But I can't stand it anymore seeing how fucking obvious this happens.
I think I am a pretty decent player and know how to get objectives or deal with specific situations. Or how to counterplay in LoL and Overwatch.
I played well and went to ~60% winrate and then the system started fucking me in my ass and god damn it is frustrating to lose 10 games in a row because of people being lvl 50 but still not knowing how basic concepts of this game work.
Why can't devs just stop with this fucking cashgrab meme "giving as many players an enjoyable experience as possible" and just fucking let idiots know that they suck and let them lose games.
This would be way healthier since they would see that they fucking suck and get appropiate feedback.
And don't you even start with competitive mode. I don't want to spend so much time with a game to "git good" and have autism level skills to win matches.
>>
>>343893343
>win half your matches
>it's a bad thing

The entitlement generation, ladies and gentlemen.

I wish I won half my fucking Starcraft matches. Stop bitching. "Forced 50" is a fucking myth, the proof is everyone who doesn't have exactly a 50% win rate.
>>
>>343893571
You sir are an idiot.

>"Forced 50" is a fucking myth, the proof is everyone who doesn't have exactly a 50% win rate.

So you want to seriously tell me that most players do not have a 50% winrate +-10% ?
If this is the case in Starcraft - fine, seems like Starcraft's devs are not idiots.
But in most other multiplayer games it is just simply the case that most players experience this 50% winrate.
>>
>>343893343
Its almost like there is a match making system involved that will pair you with harder and harder players the better you do.

Jesus christ OP is a fag.
>>
>>343893343
This is actually a real thing? So does this explain the feeling I have that every time I rank up in cs it seems like I'm then paired with retards on purpose?
>>
>neo-/v/ responds to bait: the thread
>>
>>343893343
Fucking kill yourself Overshilledfag
>>
>>343894327
problem is that these are team games. and if your team does not work then you will lose
it is not even that much a problem how the enemy team does
>>
>>343894382
Bad luck, derankers, smurfs, players not trying hard.

You've got equal chance to be paired up with a competent team as you do a bunch of retards.
a
>>
>>343893343
>i only want to be matched against worse players so i can get easy wins
buy more lootboxes and the secret blizzard matchmaking algorithm will favour you :^)
>>
>>343894327
> will pair you with harder and harder players the better you do

The system usually pair you with retarded teammates instead of capable adversaries. Playing with random killed multi-player games for me.
>>
>>343894674
So find yourself some friends for this team game fag.
>>
>>343894120

Not him but what about fighting games. And I mean all of them.

>So you want to seriously tell me that most players do not have a 50% winrate +-10% ?

I'm not going to say whether they do or don't but you need evidence for this.
>>
>>343894327

You're dumb. Every game I played last night was a STOMP. We won Anubis in a minute and then lost the next map in almost the same time.

Fuck off. The matchmaking is complete shit.
>>
what do you want matchmaking to do instead? EXPLAIN CLEARLY

You think you're better than every other player you're matched with. you're not, you're as bad as everyone you get matched with, you just don't feel like your mistakes are as bad as your team's mistakes.

you lose - you're matched with weaker opponents
you win - you're matched with harder opponents
these two rules means a 50% winrate outcome is obvious.

there is no better matchmaking system than "forced 50%". it is working as intended.

i don't even play overwatch
>>
>>343894758
all my friends are console fags. that is not an option
>>
>>343893343
>lose 10 games in a row because of people being lvl 50 but still not knowing how basic concepts of this game work.
fucking this.
>>
File: 1433997364812.png (26 KB, 658x545) Image search: [Google]
1433997364812.png
26 KB, 658x545
>>343894120
ITS CALLED BEING AN AVERAGE FUCKING PLAYER
jesus christ what is with you guys. There is no forced 50% win rate, This is just a game where, like lol doesnt take much skill to win. so every dipshit and their mother can pull one out. I personally have a 55% win rate in quickplay and thats not because There is some fucking algorithm trying to fuck me over ever other match its because Im an average player in this game that takes an average amount of skill to fucking play
get over yourself fag
>>
>>343894854
Overwatch is a snowbally game compared to something like csgo. If one team is a little bit better than the other and gets 1-2 kills at the beginning of every fight, the rest of that fight will go super downhill for the under gunned team.
>>
>>343894327
more like handicap you with shit players.
>>
>>343893343
>After playing years of LoL
stopped reading there
>>
Whenever I play with my admittedly bad friend I lose 90% of matches, did we beat the system?
>>
>>343894817
>what about fighting games
depends on the game. I tyhink Street fighter V matchmaking is bullshit and it breaks the grind you'd need to earn FM. You could be bronze and get matched with a silver. its nuts.

tekken matchmaking is just so much better and it feels like you are actually matched with your skill level. fuck even DOA 5 is better at matchmaking than SFV.
>>
>>343894817
I personally do not play fighting games. Like ever. So I can't say anything to them.
Also I don't know how to deliver evidence. I am not some sort of video game statistic guy.
But most of the time I look at peoples profiles when I think they pleyed very good or very bad.
And I experienced that most people jsut have 50% winrate. It doesn't matter if they are good or they suck.

>>343894865
dude you clearly do not know what you are talking about.
when you play a game for a longer time you will see the differences. there are specific things that you just have to do or to avoid and if you fail on doing that then you are basically a bad player.
It is not even about aim or having good mechanical skills with that specific character.
sure there are cases where the enemy team is just straight up better with their champs/heroes.
but most of the time it is just situational awareness that makes the game.
>>
I just want quick play to be a true solo queue. No groups.

fuck competitive 100%. I'm not going to seek out that headache with this tickrate and these hitboxes.
>>
>>343895493
>REEE I HATE PEOPLE WITH FRIENDS DONT MAKE ME PLAY WITH PEOPLE WITH FRIENDS CAUSE I HAVE NONE

Lmao@yourlife
>>
>>343893343
go to competitive no 50 there.
>>
>>343893343
Its not forced. Attackers can win 99% of the time so youll lose almost every time on defense. Reverse the stat for low mmr where 3 hanzos cant get past a choke on attack and ppl die to bastion and torbs.
>>
>>343893343
congratulations, you successfully recognized a manipulation tactic that keeps people playing the game. You are pretty much guaranteed to win half the time, and on top of that all the characters have massive hitboxes so that even people who have shit aim still manage to hit or fluke-kill opponents and hence feel they are contributing to every match.

I feel like people pointed all this out as soon as the game was released and most overwatch fans plugged their ears going "LALALALA"

additionally, the tracer skin "drama" had such convenient timing, got stirred up RIGHT in the midst of people shitting on blizzard over their "You think you do but you don't" bullshit at Blizzcon. Now not a single person mentions Nostalrius or Blizz's anti-consumer comments because "Ooohh, shiny waifus!" thanks to overwatch
>>
>>343895593
epic here's a (you) bro!

consider it an upboat!
>>
>win a multiple games, win% increases along with MMR
>start getting matched with people of the same MMR
>lose to those people whose MMR is the same as yours
>get lowered back into the shitpit where you belong
>WOW FORCED FIFTY MEME JUST MAKE IT STOP I'M ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD
>>
File: 1451839210707.jpg (85 KB, 448x635) Image search: [Google]
1451839210707.jpg
85 KB, 448x635
>>343894572
>shill
>speaking negatively about the game
>>
>>343895826
Only reason you hate groups. Can't have one of your own
>>
>Buy Overwatch
>Start playing the game by myself
>10 games played, 10 games won
>Suddenly get matched up with people who are over level 90 while my team is nothing but low level players
>We lose instantly

I haven't played the game since then.
>>
>>343895593
idiot

>>343895493
this. the hitboxes and overall casual feeling of the game is the reason why I will never play even one competitive game.
>>
File: 1467729745205.png (51 KB, 145x206) Image search: [Google]
1467729745205.png
51 KB, 145x206
>>343895917
Level means nothing
>>
>>343893343
>After playing years of LoL
You are the scum of this earth, go kill yourself.
>>
>>343895857
Usually you get matched with shit teammates not better adversaries
>>
Can someone actually explain how people deny the 50% forced winrate when blizzard literally openly said it's true?
It's also not a good way to do matchmaking and is not at all true skill based. Halo 3 had a good matchmaking system this does not.
>>
>>343895857
are you guys just fucking not reading the thread or straight up retarded?

I repeat it just for you: it is NOT a problem with the enemy team most of the time but with your own team.
>>
>>343895857
yep, people who whine about matchmaking have such fucking ego for not blaming their own lack of skill for where they are.

in rocket league it's actually super clear where you are in the matchmaking ladder. are players flying around doing crazy unbelievable shit and you can't even touch the ball? yup, time for you to lose and go back to the shitpit.
>>
>>343896187
Fucking this. The 50% forced win/loss makes it so that the rest of your team is made up of retards who can't play the game and people who instantly pick Hanzo/Genji.
>>
>>343896109
> good match making
> match making that makes the pleb horde come back and spend money
>>
>>343895917
>play casual mode
>get this

I'm glad I only paid $40 for this.
>>
>>343896475
This is exactly what the 50% forced win/loss is.
>>
>>343895917
I feel you bro.

>>343896024
why? LoL is a great game. Even if you think otherwise.
Sure the community is toxic af and I also had my moments of frustration when playing with 12 year olds that can't control their rage.
But from an artistic standpoint I think this game is just gold.
The art, the music, the feeling of the champs is just there, You can't deny that.
But I agree that Riot is making many mistakes.
They should have made LoL pay to play to begin with. Also this one game mode over and over again is getting boring.
>>
>>343893343
I feel like anyone with a good head on their shoulders could look at Overwatch and see all the marketing tactics employed in its design.

It feels, from top to bottom, like something designed to hit every checkbox in a list of popular trends, the characters are all pixar/anime hybrids that were obviously focus-tested for maximum appeal.

or if the battleborn shill who kept posting here was to be believed, gearbox were aiming to get out of beta and release before OW, and Blizzard trampled their release by doing their beta several months earlier than originally planned, and hogging all the spotlight.

i wouldn't put it past acti-blizz to do all this crap either. i trust those faggots about as far as i can throw them.
>>
>>343896616
It's worse than usual though.
>>
>>343896024
you realize it is still one of the top3 most watched games on twitch right? some people haven't bought into the /v/ hivemind narrative that "league was never good and millions of people don't play it" like you, bud
>>
>>343896640
>LoL is a great game
>toxic
You literally need to get off this board. I don't give a fuck if this is your first day here you need to go back to whatever shithole you crawled from.
>>
>>343896073
>>343896187
It's always really convenient that as peoples MMR increases, their teams get filled with retards. Every single time. It's definitely some giant forced 50 conspiracy and not that you're just bad, right? That's why every single time someone complains about forced 50, they're supposedly the only good person on their team, right?

>being this assblasted that you're actually fucking horrible
>>
>>343896109
You seem to be confused, since Blizzard openly stated that it is false:
>At no point in MMR calculations do we look at your win/loss ratio and win/loss ratio is never used to determine who to match you with or against.

What they did say that may have confused you is that the matchmaker tries to create matches that have as close to a 50% chance of either side winning as possible. That shouldn't surprise anyone since that's the goal of every skill-based matchmaking system ever devised.
>>
>>343896776
>>343896859
Nice satire my friends
>>
>>343896969
>he's saying I'm bad so he's just trolling xDD
>>
>>343894919
Buy a console instead of being a try-hard PCuck you massive faggot.
>>
>>343896859
LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU. YOU JUST SUCK LALALALA
>>
>>343897042
This is some meta level bait
>>
>>343896859
Do you not understand how flawed your logic is? Why would someone who's obviously good at the game, and keep winning games only to get matched with bad teammates then suddenly suck at the game? You can't hard carry in Overwatch if you're playing against competent people who obviously know what teamwork is.
>>
>>343894327
Still retarded, this is not how regular sports works, opponents and teams you face are completely randomized from the get go.. If you get seeded vs opponents who also did well the system automatically carries retards based on luck, sorry if you dont understand thus
>>
>>343896968
implying this is not the whole fucking problem of getting mixed with retards so you can "carry" them and so everyone has a 50% win rate.
>>
The problem is not a "elo" based ranking system, the problem is that those games are cooperative pvp games.
On one hand that makes it easier to get into them as a new player, because you can play with people that are better than you and not loose too hard and even if one looses, he can always at least partially shift the blame onto his teammates in order to not get a hit to his motivation to play.
If you are starting to get seriously competetive though that fact is working against you, because you are not winning because YOU are better, you are winning because YOUR TEAM is better. This makes it really hard to develop self reflection and fault assessment for oneself which are crucial parts to get better in any competetive environment.
>>
>>343895453
>there are specific things that you just have to do or to avoid and if you fail on doing that then you are basically a bad player.

Meta gaming faggots like you are the absolute worst.
>>
>>343897063
PC is superior and you know it. plus I will never ever spend so much money on a console.
I am playing my Wii and that's about it.
>>
I wish I could lose games and not get so fucking angry all the time.
>>
>former UT / quake semi pro
>won a few minor tournaments
>am a pretty mean Pharah
>matched with absolutely retarded people
>forced to switch to rein and snipe with forestry keep just so we can push points

I miss 1v1
>>
>>343893343
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I had also had a 60/40 win rate and then I just had loss after loss after loss and I was grouped with people who I swear were mentally retarded. I think I'm done with this game. I mean why even bother if the outcome is predetermined
>>
>>343897454
Forestry keep = fire strike. Not sure what my phone was thinking
>>
Why did the LoL community overlap so much with Overwatch? As soon as I jumped into my first OW match I was sure I was playing with LoL players and it didn't take long to confirm that.
>>
God damn people in this thread are dumb
It doesn't matter what level you are and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are
You will always have a ~50% winrate and its not because the matchmaking system is good.
It's because once you go past 50% it will start putting worse and worse people on your team and better people on the other team.
If you are under it will do the opposite.
Unlike what some retards believe this does not equate to true skill, this just gives you a 50% winrate because thats what keeps the casuals coming back in.
Because no matter how fucking awful they are, they could literally sit in spawn the entire game they will still get a 50% winrate so they'll always come back since they know they can win.
>>
>>343896475
Random is more fun anyway. You fucking meta-fag.
>>
>>343897583
because LoL is stale as fuck and people want a new team based semi RPG game.
>>
>>343897893
Nothing RPG about Overwatch though
>>
>>343897454
just yesterday started playing

>dude you're level 8 don't play phara

the fuck do they care, as if everbody just recently started playing videogames

needless to say that rocket jumps and killing sprees followed

jesus fucking christ, the game is so full with retards that are way beyond my current level and still can't comprehend any tactics of such games, can't wait for enough friends to get online to at least have a team of 4
>>
>>343897735
So play competitive you massive virgin.
>>
>>343897735
interesting. Someone should try that out. Just sit in the spawn and record the wins/looses
>>
>>343898013
Longer matches with just as retarded teammates? No thanks. It uses the same system as quick play.
>>
>>343897893
That makes no sense at all.
>>
>>343893343
>Blizzard officially denies forced 50% system, but says they are happy there's a tendency that most people have a 50% winrate
And yet people still believe this retarded rumor.

If you think about it, it's actually good matchmaking if the majority of layers, i.e. the average players have a 50% win rate.
>>
>>343897445
>PC is superior and you know it
Not if you have a fucking life it isn't. I have no use for wasting thousands of dollars on a glorified spreadsheet editor, dealing with compatibility bullshit. I buy an Xbone, my friends do too. We put in games and they work.

No bullshit, no faggotry, just gaming in our free time.

Console is better for anyone who isn't a weeb faggot with too much time to spend tinkering with their shitty computer.
>>
>>343897958
>>343898140

well you pick a character and have a specific set of abilities with which you fight in a team. I would call that semi RPG even if most other feature of RPG are missing
>>
>>343897339
this

everyone complaining about "forced 50" in every team game has been proven to be a whiny baddie time and time again, I don't know why it's a thing every time there's a new game
>>
>>343898106
So go play some hobby shit like ARMA if you care so much about a serious experience you massive fucking faggot you.

Holy shit I can't stand you PC playing losers. Fuck off back to your silly simulators and RTS's you god forsaken sociopaths.
>>
>>343898289
I would call that class-based. Nothing RPG about it
>>
>>343897735

Your example falls flat when you counter in the fact that it has to apply to everyone in the game, not just you.

If you win too many games and have bad players put on your team, does that mean the bad players have also lost games? If they did they would have been put on a team with good players. If your teammates had just won their recent games then they would be good players anyways. Your whole example doesn't make sense because there isn't a scenario where it works for each person in the game.
>>
>>343898264
the only compatibility issues i have is installing a thousand mods to shitty games because i dont have a life
>>
>>343893343
>After playing a shit casual game I decided to come into a shooter and as an already pro player why can't I win more.

K Y S Force 50% is a meme shitters use when they actually suck at this game.
>>
>>343898106
God damn you're delusional. They literally show the skill rating and group status of every player in every competitive game. You don't get to use the forced 50 meme as a crutch anymore.
>>
>>343898363
>>343898264
Bait.exe
>>
>>343893571
it sounds like you are bad, very bad
>>
>>343898458
>>>343898106 (You)
>God damn you're delusional. They literally show the skill rating and group status of every player in every competitive game. You don't get to use the forced 50 meme as a crutch anymore.
Except that I'm ranked 73 and I won 2 in a row and literally got matched with level 30s on my team while the other team has 60s and 70s. Stopped playing after that. Not even worth it.
>>
>>343898396
>installing a thousand mods to shitty games because i dont have a life
You're one of the only self-aware PC players I've run into on here.

Keep doing you buddy. Not all of us are born to enjoy the caress of a beautiful (fat) woman like I was.
>>
>>343898541
ranked 73 as in level or competitive rank 73
>>
>>343896073
>>343896187
ME OOGA TEAM BOOGA!

Kys
>>
Quick question /v/,

should I have switched away from Symmetra once we got pushed back to Point B on Anubis? I've never gotten any flak before, then my last match I had several people calling for my head for not switching.
>>
>>343898541
>Stopped playing after that. Not even worth it.
If you can't carry a weak team you don't deserve that ranking. You rage-quitting dorks just make me sick.

If you had friends instead of videogames you could find people to play with.
>>
>>343898426
This
>>
I play dota at 5k, currently at a 55% winrate over 3.5k games, so idk about u guys but dota doesnt have forced 50
>>
>>343898683
there's never a reason to play symmetra if there isn't a long way to run on offense or defense, you should almost always switch off of her after the first point
>>
>>343898683
Ignore the haters. Meta-gamers are faggots, just have fun.
>>
>>343897489
It somehow angers me that this edit was made. As if people would be too retarded to get the point if it wasn't spelled out for them.
>>
>>343898664
Competetive rank
>>343898695
This is some really stale bait. Its impossible to carry against an even half decent team in this and I never ragequit.
>>
>>343898264
still you get more for your money when you buy a PC. I mean like just if you look at the hardware and the possibilities that you have with either of those platforms.
Also have fun paying 50 bucks + on every fucking game worth playing.

>>343898371
maybe you are right. sorry for the confusion

>>343898426
I never had that mindset to begin with. I knew that I am shit at shooters and never thought otherwise. But thx for you comment.
>>
File: [Highnoon intensifies].gif (819 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
[Highnoon intensifies].gif
819 KB, 1280x720
>>343898683
Yeah Symm minute 0 set up is amazing if you get pushed back she isn't really worth it

Source: 90% winrate as symm because she's only good t1.
>>
>>343898676
is that a lil von karma?
>>
>>343898796
>Its impossible to carry against an even half decent team in this

So get together a half decent team you fucking loner.

I carry shit teams all the time in CoD and they have really balanced matchmaking there.

>and I never ragequit.
You're talking about literally quitting a game because you might lose a couple matches. You are a rage-quitting faggot of the highest order.
>>
>>343898683
If you want to win, yes, you should switch. If you are insane with her and can still carry, go ahead. But for the majority of players and situations, Symmetra has no purpose on second point. What are you going to tp to?
>>
>>343894716
this probably
>>
File: Toki wo tomare!.gif (1 MB, 530x758) Image search: [Google]
Toki wo tomare!.gif
1 MB, 530x758
>>343898848
>I never had this mindset to begin with

Yet you're here bitching about force 50 when you're just some shitter who isn't even doing well.
>>
>>343898848
>I mean like just if you look at the hardware and the possibilities that you have with either of those platforms.

The only possibility I see is slightly better looking games and mods that I'll never use because I hate tinkering with amateur shit and prefer to just experience a game.

>Also have fun paying 50 bucks + on every fucking game worth playing.

Console games go on sales all the time, digitally and physically. Plus my Xbox Gold membership gives me 4 free games every month to experience.

I basically have a bottomless pit of backlog games to play that's always growing. The last thing I'd want is to need to waste my time making sure my PC is compatible with something I want to play.

There is absolutely no appeal to PC gaming for me. If I was still a teenager and a no-life I would love it but I really have no time for that level of faggotry as an adult.
>>
>>343895047
There is in some games, some studios even says so, The more you win, the more idiots you get on your team it seems, well unless you are one of those ranked faggots in Dota who are up on 5-7k mmr.
>>
>>343893343
>LoLfags invaded OW
its over there´s no reason to buy this now or ever
>>
>>343898796
How is that even possible? When I play ranked it's +/- 3 ranks at most.

The only way it seems realistic is if the 37 player was pre made with someone else. In which case, well, not much to do about that.
>>
I want to fall asleep on Mercy's breasts!
>>
File: 1464734998836.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1464734998836.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>343899253
>I have no time to not be a retard and being an adult is all about being intentionally retarded
>>
forced 50 isn't real

I've only won 25% of my matches
>>
File: Overwatch.jpg (14 KB, 403x72) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
14 KB, 403x72
What does it mean?
>>
>>343897489
>that fucking idiot cunt that stays genji on both def and offense and tells other people to switch
>>
>>343894716
I hope that's true. Would be hilarious honestly.

Although I bought a 50 box pack on Xbone and I'm still sitting around a 40% win-rate so maybe that isn't true.
>>
>>343899369
It means that repeatedly leaving matches early will result in a penalty.
>>
>>343899369
Keep leaving games early and you'll get a 75% exp reduction until the penalty goes away
>>
>>343896475
Fucking hell they made the portrait thing a mess, look at that fucking frame. It was better before when it was streamlined and not stars and shit.
>>
File: 9f6.png (3 MB, 800x2250) Image search: [Google]
9f6.png
3 MB, 800x2250
>>343895453
>I don't know how to deliver evidence.

Then your whole point is completely anecdotal and, as such, means nothing. Just because the few players you have looked at are at or around 50% does not prove that the dev is forcing a 50% win rate. All it means is the people you are getting matched with are average proving that you, yourself, are an average player. This "forced win rate" meme needs to die.
>>
>>343899253
I'm not sure what it is you don't have time for. Unless you are retarded, pcs aren't more complicated to setup and use than a console.
t.idort
>>
>>343899294
it's literally impossible with how comp matchmaking works.
He's talking shit to try and make himself feel better about being garbage.
>>
If it weren't for my gf using my account too I'd had a 60% winrate minimum
>>
File: franny-crop(d).gif (120 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
franny-crop(d).gif
120 KB, 256x192
>>343898864
I think it is but I don't recognize it from anything from Ace Attorney games.

The question is where is this from then?
>>
>>343899594
it's from the anime obv. kys tbqh
>>
>>343898778
It just got to me that one time, but I really need to follow this.

>>343898770
>>343898857
>>343899079
I usually keep setting up the Turrets with her, since I tend to get lots of kills on people desperate for pushes, but a more competent team seems to be able to hunt then down efficiently. I probably should have switched, but I don't think that would have made a difference, as my team was already dead EVERY TIME I turned around to see how they were doing.

Still, sounds better to switch next time. I don't mind being support like Lucio, since I can still play the game. Maybe another fun character like Tracer or the PotG magnet Bastion.
>>
>>343899520
>Unless you are retarded, pcs aren't more complicated to setup and use than a console.

PCs are more complicated to setup unless you're buying some fucking Gateway trash fresh off the shelf.

If you're going to sit there and tell me that compatibility issues don't pop up between different GPU's, CPU's, etc. You're just straight up fucking lying.

I'm not going to put in work or upgrade shit to play videogames. I'm going to hook my Xbone up to my big ass TV, put in a disk, wait a billion hours for it to install and patch, and then just fucking play it and have fun with my friends.

Anything else is uncivilized trash.
>>
>>343898676
>ME OOGA TEAM BOOGA!
It annoys me that this meme started because of LoL and now people have taken it as their own and dropped the N from oonga and boonga
>>
>>343899530
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. If he's really rank 73 then he plays in a lot of 6 stacks. Most players at ranks that high only play in groups of 6, so they experience higher skill rating disparities no matter how they play:

In groups, they don't match as close because it doesn't want to match their 6 stack against smaller groups or solos, but since there's not as many players at such high ranks it will match them against a weaker 6 stack.

In solo, there's even fewer players because almost everyone at that rank sticks to their groups. There's not enough people at that rank solo queuing in the first place, so the only way to get a fair average would be to put him with weaker teammates against a team that meets them in the middle somewhere.

Forced 50 is bullshit and all, but I can see how the matchmaking would cause this kind of issue for high ranked players queuing solo/duo.
>>
>>343899558
Good thing she uses your account and bumped you up to a 70% winrate, scrub.
>>
>>343899816
fyi if you get a significant number of kills playing sym you're fighting retards

her ult could instantly kill everyone taking turret dmg for a few seconds and she'd still suck, the only thing good about her is how retardedly strong TP is
>>
>>343899816
The thing is, sym can lure you into a false sense of, er, doing good. You could sit on top elims because a spread of turrets might get a little dmg on every single enemy pushing you, but if you only get 5-6 points pr kill, that should tell you you didn't really contribute much.

She's not entirely useless if played right, but you have to think about whether you would have more of an impact if you played well on another character.
>>
>>343894865
>you're as bad as everyone you get matched with

>losing 10 matches in a row
> have 4 goldmedals at the end of literally every match
>one match even 5 as roadhog
>meanwhile the rest of the team even struggles to kill one single reaper
>I'm the problem

Yeah sure buddy ;^)
>>
>>343899816
If the other team can take down your turrets all the time and you're not getting kills or slowing them down, then that would be a good sign to switch. The other use that you can offer to your team is your teleporter.
If things aren't working out then it's not going to start working any time soon
>>
>>343900110
If you don't have 3-4 gold medals every game you're the worst player on your team.
>>
>>343898248
/v/ cannot into math. It's a pointless discussion.
>>
>>343897893
The LoL playerbase are just bandwagoners looking for the next meme online game. You can bet your ass they only got into that game in the first place because WoW went to shit.
>>
>>343899849
Also being able to sit on your couch. I'm not moving my PC from room to room, I'm not leaving it hooked up to my TV, and I sure as hell am not gonna spend the money to have a PC in my living room and in my office.

PC gaming is technically superior but console gaming is much more convenient.
>>
>>343893343
It's not forced 50% exactly, but it does end up that way.

The matchmaking is built for speed, which is the issue.
>>
>>343893571
>I wish I won half my fucking Starcraft matches. Stop bitching. "Forced 50" is a fucking myth, the proof is everyone who doesn't have exactly a 50% win rate.

Not only is it observable but devs in multiple games that are not overwatch have admitted to adopting matchmaking like this.

It's not entitlement to want games to not have arbitrary punishments for people who are good, and rewards for people who are bad, which is how 50/50 matchmaking currently works.
>>
>>343900518
Do you have any examples of this? I mean an actual source to a developer of any game commenting on how they manipulate the matchmaking to force 50% winrates instead of matching players of equal skill. I find it fascinating since you would always get 50% winrates with real skill-based matchmaking anyway, so the entire concept of forcing it on an individual level is flawed at the core.
>>
>confusing simple probability with statistics
>confusing a natural 50/50 rate due to good matchmaking with an artificial 50/50 rate due to matching those due for a loss vs those due for a win
>>
>>343899849
The off the shelf trash is on the xbones level, so I don't see your point. Compability issues are only relevant when building your own rig - and even then, that's a small initial investment, which even a monkey could overcome since the largest repository of information and help that has ever existed is litterally at your fingertips.

Once it's setup, it's no more complicated than a console.

Open you digital distribution platform of choice(hell, win 10 basically has xbone marketplace) or pop in a physical disc, and go through the exact same procedure you would on a console anyway.

Everything that could make computers complicated can be automated today. If you somehow think understanding and using a computer is a time investment you can't afford, then you are either retarded, or lead such a busy life you can't play consoles anyway. Fuck, fucking kids at age 10 are building, owning and operating computers today. Don't tell me you are dumber than a kid.

I don't give a shit if you play on console. I play on mine too, depending on the game. But the reason you state make you out to be litterally dumber than a kid.
>>
>LoL players talking about improving anything
>>
Lets say everybody starts with 1000 points. Every time you win you get 10 points and every time you win you get 10 points.

Player A wins 70 matches, and loses 30. That means he gains 400 points giving him 1400 points.

Player B loses 70 and wins 30. He has 600 points.

Now, the players continue to play the game, and make no effort to get better.

Player A wins 55 and loses 45.

Player B wins 52 and loses 48.

Their skill level is now exactly the same essentially. It did not take an algorithm to do this. They simply were in the correct skill bracket now and therefore the chances of winning were reduced to 50%.

This is not forced matchmaking. That is extremely simple statistics. The closer to true their MMR's are, the closer to 50% their wins and losses will become.

If you cannot win at a higher rate, it's either because you are at a high skill level and not as amazing as you think you are, or you just are fucking shit and where you are supposed to be. Competitive mode has an actual number to prove this by the way.

I know /v/ is far too emotional to do this too, but also you have to ignore how fucked over you feel for a small amount of games that have a greater impact on you emotionally and therefore stick with you more, and look overall at your wins and losses. I have had shit games that annoyed me, but overall in solo queue I have gone up 10 ranks because my true MMR is not 44. I am still rising. I imagine around the 60's I will win much less.
>>
>>343900760
Matchmaking that naturally arrives at 50/50 would only be possible using multiple supercomputers and would still take far too long, the system fakes it.
>>
>>343900892
That that I'm saying it's possible to have a matchmaking that good, but these idiots don't understand the difference between these things. What you're saying is only evidence that its a forced 50/50.
>>
>>343900424
Always good to see another anon who isn't poisoned by the "PCMASTERRACE" meme on here.

Yeah PC gaming looks nicer as long as you keep up with hardware upgrades and keep throwing brute force at the graphics but it's just not as comfortable and convenient as console gaming is, and it really never will be.
>>
File: 1467617855234.jpg (934 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467617855234.jpg
934 KB, 1920x1080
>>343900029
>>343900082
>>343900190
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably try setting up on Point B, but I'll switch put the first time that doesn't work out.
>>
>>343900726
>Do you have any examples of this? I mean an actual source to a developer of any game commenting on how they manipulate the matchmaking to force 50% winrates instead of matching players of equal skill.

HiRez has forced 50/50 matchmaking on all of their games (Tribes, Smite, Paladins)

I don't want to link to leddit so just search "hirez 50 50 matchmaking" or "smite 50 50 matchmaking" and you'll see hundreds of threads showing support emails explaining that 50% matchmaking is actually intentional and a few mentioning that members of the team who worked for other companies learned it from there (Ex riot devs work at hirez)

I know there's statements from other companies that they also have this system but this is the one that sticks out vividly in my mind, since they only make multiplayer games and openly admit that they do this.
>>
>>343900518
You aren't actually good though. If you were you'd have a real team to play with.

You're just a tryhard faggot who blames his team whenever he loses miserably.

Get better at games you dork. Or better yet, stop caring so much about your winrate when you aren't even good enough to play competitively. Just have fun you cockless fucking PC playing cuck.
>>
>>343900892
Wat. Natural matchmaking that arrives at 50/50 doesn't require a computer at all. It obviously does in a big online game, but the concept in itself is organic and requires basically nothing.

How retarded are you? How do you think real life sports work? Do various soccer leagues have fucking NASA machines calculating who is good enough for the premiere division? It's basic math you dolt.
>>
>>343901224
Sure thing man. The most important thing is that you have fun, and what hero you can contribute more to your team with varies from person to person.
>>
>>343900770
>the largest repository of information and help that has ever existed is litterally at your fingertips.

Stopped reading here. You're a faggot who thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is.

I can game on a PC you fucking moron. I choose not to because it's way more inconvenient than console gaming.

The only reason you think otherwise is you still live in your bedroom at your parents house so you PC is right next to you all the time. For any proper home gaming consoles will always be superior.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-07-04_19-34-56-000.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-07-04_19-34-56-000.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>343900726
The balance is team-wide. Individuals get fucked in the name of "balanced" teams.

So for example, let's give your player skill an arbitrary rating of 75, and you're grouped with another 75. Matchmaking system wants to make a server of average skill level 50, so it's possible the other team could be 6 people of skill 50, and in order to bring your team to a "fair" level, it will populate the remaining 4 spots with people of skill 37.5 or thereabouts.

This sounds great on paper, but in reality it ends up being horribly lopsided as the 37s get outshot and outplayed at every turn, and the 75s can't win 2v6 in this kind of game no matter how good they perform.
>>
>>343901248
>You're just a tryhard faggot who blames his team whenever he loses miserably.

If I get put with a bunch of players that have played the game for 1/4 the time I have, or people who haven't even played for an hour yet, and the other team are full of people who are level 150-180, I'm not blaming my team, I'm blaming Blizzard's matchmaking, because it's punishing me for my winstreak.

They can't help the fact that they're bad because the system isn't putting them with appropriate team mates and opponents. They can't get better if they're constantly fluctuating from being carried or being stomped.
>>
>>343900892
The irony of this is that your forced 50 conspiracy system is the one that would take a supercomputer. After all, you have to keep track of which players are good and bad so you can place them in anon's games to fuck with his winrate, but you can't easily do that because all of THEIR winrates were fucked with too, so your best metric of how good a player is (wins and losses) becomes useless.

Such a system is infinitely more complex than skill-based matchmaking that would naturally settle at 50/50, which is simple and intuitive and can even be done by fucking hand.
>>
Public win/loss record was a mistake. If it didn't exist I wouldn't care if I won or lose anymore, and most people wouldn't either.
>>
File: snowflakes.png (12 KB, 679x357) Image search: [Google]
snowflakes.png
12 KB, 679x357
ITT: Special snowflakes who think their mediocre records are a vast conspiracy rather than a demonstration of their mediocrity.
>>
>>343901609
It doesn't do this, ever.

Teams aren't more than a few points removed comparing lowest to highest player.
>>
>>343901654
>If I get put with a bunch of players that have played the game for 1/4 the time I have
You could stop this by dealing with your crippling videogame addiction and socializing more.
>>
propose an alternate system OP or shut the fuck up
>>
>>343902014
But they play the game SO MUCH, how could they still be mediocre!?
>>
>>343901695
t. Blizzard paid falseposter.

That kind of system would be easier to implement than even a bad elo system, just match people on winstreaks with progressively worse teammates until they get balanced out. Then give those bad players some free wins to swing them back to 50.
>>
>>343901239
I'll link to leddit for you, then. You're referring to this, right?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/2guezl/hirez_matchmaking_explaination/

The official email:
>The matchmaker tries to get everyone to roughly a 50% win loss rate no matter what your rating is.

>Most players with 2500 MMR have close to the same win rate. Basically, when you first start out your MMR variance is very high so your rating changes more drastically until the matchmaker has a better idea of your skill level then the changes slow down.

>This is typically the point where your win/loss rate settles to about 50%. If you start to win a lot more than you lose, your MMR will increase until your win rate starts to settle back toward about 50%.

Read it very carefully. That's not forced 50/50. That's a description of competent skill-based matchmaking which has been used for decades. They're saying that you get a 50% winrate because it matches you against players of your own skill level as calculated by MMR which is adjusted for every player after every game. The end result is that bad players get a 50% winrate against bad players and good players get a 50% winrate against good players.
>>
>>343902227
You are an idiot and didn't refute that guys point.

Nobody would be on winstreaks because your algorithm, meaning it would regress to putting people into random matches if people actually followed what you said.

If a person was losing because their team, then you would get teams of really good people together who would win when they should lose and the entire thing doesn't work.
>>
>>343902014
>>343902214
What's funny is that you're the ones that come off incredibly booty blasted here, not the people that are dissatisfied with this system.

It's a clearly flawed system that rewards bad players and punishes good players.

New players should never be getting matched with people that have 100+ hours in the game, because they'll either get completely stomped or be handicapping the more experienced players.

That's a pretty reasonable statement to make, but you are so desperate to defend a corporation that you give money to, that you've got to try and undermine by creating strawmen arguments.

Comes off pretty desperate tbqh famalam
>>
File: cf8.png (433 KB, 598x639) Image search: [Google]
cf8.png
433 KB, 598x639
>queue up
>it's an "enemy team's average level is fifty levels higher than your team's" episode
>>
>>343902039
It does. It happens less at the lower brackets where there's a lot more people to populate the queue, but when the matchmaking starts taking several minutes to find a single quick match, it goes panic mode (aka reinstancing) where it adjusts what skill tier the server is set at and starts pulling shit like that.

Either that, or I keep randomly getting queued with the same five "random" people for five games in a row with the rest of the spots filled by people who look horribly lost.
>>
>>343902496

I'm not booty blasted at all. I don't really care about Overwatch.

All I hear see in this thread is "I was winning with good teammates, and then the game forced me with bad teammates and I lost."

Okay. That seems to be the very definition of a mediocre player. One who wins with good teammates and loses with bad ones.

I just posted because they all sound like those trench coat weebs in school who unironically tell everyone that they're smarter than their teachers, but they don't get good grades because their teachers give them bad marks as punishment for challenging them.
>>
>>343902958
>I'm not booty blasted at all. I don't really care about Overwatch.

Whatever you say kiddo
>>
>>343902958
You don't get it.
It will do team of 100s vs. 100-75-75-50-50-25 to ensure a loss.
>>
File: 1466575316223.jpg (33 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1466575316223.jpg
33 KB, 604x604
>After playing years of LoL and now a few weeks of Overwatch

This kind of players are the new CoD kids, trying to be serious at poorly made causal-as-fuck games.
>>
>>343899929
Yeah I'm glad she's dominating me
>>
>>343893571
Forced 50 has been proven and can be proven over and over. We have went over this.
>>
>>343905347
Sadly it doesn't matter how many times it gets proven wrong. It's not really about the matchmaking for the forced 50 memers, it's just about having an excuse.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.